Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 (1008 Views)

Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US / Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by grafikii: 9:44pm On May 20, 2012
For me there isn't anything to celebrate oo, we need to keep this government on its toes. Our future is in jeopardy. What do you guys think.
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Jeel: 11:01pm On May 20, 2012
Protest in nig has never yielded any positive result so why continue.I will celebrate instead
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by egift(m): 12:01am On May 21, 2012
Jeel: Protest in nig has never yielded any positive result so why continue.I will celebrate instead

What will Nigerians be celebrating and what? Jonathan is a huge disappointment. I just pity those that were so short-sighted to campaign, sacrificed and voted for him. He should hide his yeye face in shame.

I know they will pay some people and they will be here to sing Kumbaya and Harkuna Matata for us.
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by amosy007: 12:55am On May 21, 2012
Celebrate? What are we gonna be celebrating? 13yrs of continous looting, or outright darkness? I tink its far from it.. Buh i dnt tink we should be protesting either...

I just think people should go about their business and count it as just another normal day.. And i dnt tink jonahflop should declare any public holiday
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On May 21, 2012
Protesting what? Celebrating what?
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by egift(m): 3:07am On May 21, 2012
The message is very clear. The dunce will not claim ignorance. I will juggle you memory on the legacy of Jonathan and the journey so far.

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg532/scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=8jxmi.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by egift(m): 3:13am On May 21, 2012
While hitting the road may not be necessary - here are the legacies of the coward.

Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by egift(m): 3:23am On May 21, 2012
Where are the normal developmental project? Where are the accelerated once? How about the SURE-P? Nearly N300b allocated to Subsidy in 2011 budget, but Jonathan ended up spending N2trillion without House approval. How much more money were spent on other thing without any approval? Celebrate ko, dance ni

Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Mynd44: 5:37am On May 21, 2012
What is there to celebrate? Perhaps I might celebrate Democracy in Lagos but Nigeria? Please
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On May 21, 2012
@Poster, what are Nigerians to protest on May 29th?
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Beaf1: 2:41pm On May 21, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, what are Nigerians to protest on May 29th?

^
Bad Leadership/Cluelessness

Also placing a curse on the Niger Delta region for giving us this useless fisherman with an IQ of a fish that is dragging us into a pit. shocked

I am soo angry now angry
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by velo10: 4:05pm On May 21, 2012
Me I go simply siddon look. Who gives a shit
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by grafikii: 8:39pm On May 21, 2012
Am sure a primary one student can answer that. Does Greece have half the problems Nigerians are facing
Kobojunkie: @Poster, what are Nigerians to protest on May 29th?
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by grafikii: 8:51pm On May 21, 2012
Protest, celebrate or business as usual
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On May 21, 2012
grafikii: Am sure a primary one student can answer that. Does Greece have half the problems Nigerians are facing

That does not answer the question at all.

You cunningly forgot to include there that Grecians are united in protest -- they are not protesting teeshirts, donkeys, minerals, dump grounds, etc. They have one voice and the world knows what the protest is against.
The Fuel Subsidy protest, one of the only successful protests Nigeria has had, almost ever, was successful because the people were unified under one banner, which was to protest the fuel hike.
I am of the mind that now, more than ever, Nigerians need to learn from what has worked. Speaking with a unified voice, from south to North does get attention.

If people are not sure what they are to celebrate or protest, and you are unwilling to help those who are lost on what this is about,what is the point of this thread? to simply get yourself some attention?
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by grafikii: 7:01am On May 22, 2012
We tend to play games with our future, we always want to be intellectual on simple things, we need to save this nation, war isn't sweet n its not so far from us neither is extreme poverty. We are not protesting to remove government but to keep sending a message to them. You wld be surprised some of them feel all is well with us.
Re: Should We Be Protesting Or Celebrating On May 29 by Kobojunkie: 7:17am On May 22, 2012
grafikii: We tend to play games with our future, we always want to be intellectual on simple things, we need to save this nation, war isn't sweet n its not so far from us neither is extreme poverty. We are not protesting to remove government but to keep sending a message to them. You wld be surprised some of them feel all is well with us.

But, my question is still what is the message? If we are not tired of the riff-raffs in power, then what is it? Are we still hoping something new will come out of the same bunch of touts-in-power? Is that it?? I mean this is the future of millions that is being spent each year. What exactly are we protesting at this point?

Yes, I understand it is 1 year since the president was installed after election, but it has really been two years since he took power. So I still ask, what are we speaking for, or against? What is this? Are we saying "Enough is Enough", or are we saying "we will give you more and more time to hear us"? Is the message "we have had enough of the B.S and demand you change things now " or "we are giving you all 1 more year to change"? Which one?

(1) (Reply)

Now That Farouk Lawan Is Guilty What Is Going To Happen To The Subsidy Report? / Kaduna Bomb Blast UPDATE / Contractor Admits Role In Embezzlement Of N6 Billion Meant For Military Equip.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.