Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Drogba Leaving Chelsea - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba Leaving Chelsea (784 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Didier Drogba: 'I'm Leaving Chelsea' / Didier Drogba Marries Fiancée Lala Diakite In Monaco (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Drogba Leaving Chelsea by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 21, 2012
Drogba: I'm leaving Chelsea
May 21, 2012
Email Print
By ESPN staff
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has told his team-mates that he is leaving the club this summer and says he is preparing "for a great leap into the unknown" away from Stamford Bridge.

GettyImages
Didier Drogba's Champions League-winning penalty was probably his final contribution to Chelsea
• Lampard gushes over Drogba

Drogba, 34, scored a dramatic late equaliser for the Blues in Saturday's Champions League final before netting the crucial penalty in the shootout as he ended the club's long wait for a maiden European Cup triumph.

But it seems the Ivory Coast international's decisive contributions in Munich were his last for the club, as he is planning "another adventure" after eight years in West London.

"We (he and his team-mates) will not be together next season," Drogba is quoted as telling France Football magazine. "As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club. But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba's team-mates chanted for him to stay in front of jubilant Chelsea fans following Sunday's victory parade, but the striker's future now appears certain to be elsewhere.

He has been heavily tipped to join former strike partner Nicolas Anelka in China, where the Frenchman is currently player-manager at big-spending Shanghai Shenhua.

source: www.soccernet.com
Re: Drogba Leaving Chelsea by mukina2: 9:18am On May 22, 2012

(1)

Beautiful Ukraine Girls Scream On Seeing Cristiano Ronaldo_uefa Euro 20102 / John Mikel Brings Chelsea On Summit / Birmingham Vs Manchester Utd [1 - 1] On Tuesday, 28th Dec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.