Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (36783 Views)

[NEW!] Mtn Unlimited Browsing For All! / (tutorial) Changing/removing Startup Tone Of Your Droid / How To Use MTN Bis To Browse On Android Smartphones Through Droid VPN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by 3kay945(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
ikare: hi guys. i am using airtel bis on my rooted htc desire z n its working great.d only problem i have is dat i am unable to go to android market.anytime i try to launch d apps market i get d error connection message.wat can i do to correct ds? also i want to upgrade from version 2.3.3 to ics.any help pls?
Try to force close the market application
or use the default airtel apn.
the market issue will be solved
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by d18thday: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
When i tried to apply the setdns app, i got "setdns not active(none)". pls what could be the issue?
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by nuelnuel: 1:52am On Dec 25, 2012
jereal: STRAIGHT TO THE POINT...!!!

*Subscribe to bbc weekly or monthly

*Download 'Set DNS'
from below

*Install the app then run it. Select
'Google DNS' from the drop down list
and then apply
(Rooted phones only)

*create a new MTN access point with
everything same as MTN's default
access point...but change its 'apn' to
'blackberry.net'

*have fun downloadingcheesy

TIP: ucweb 8.2 is the illest browser...!
with javascript & inbuilt flash...even
for phones whose browsers do not
support flash...!
Please is this set Dns still working
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by mis2rah: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
hea bros,plz is this dns still wrkin coz i rily wana go online unlimitedly ASAP using ma android phone.plz reply asap.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
mis2rah: hea bros,plz is this dns still wrkin coz i rily wana go online unlimitedly ASAP using ma android phone.plz reply asap.

I'm not sure...but there're reports that it still works...haven't tried it in awhile...
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by mis2rah: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
needful: @ debam, how did u root ur galaxy. am interested pls
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Chikebrain: 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
mis2rah: hea bros,plz is this dns still wrkin coz i rily wana go online unlimitedly ASAP using ma android phone.plz reply asap.
Try out driodvpn. It works wondrous
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by mis2rah: 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
i already av driodvpn n ma fone is rooted buh as soon as i change d apn to blackberry.net d internet access goes off.plz hlp wit mre details. i already av driodvpn n ma fone is rooted buh as soon as i change d apn to blackberry.net d internet access goes off.plz hlp wit mre details.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Chikebrain: 2:12am On Jan 01, 2013
mis2rah: i already av driodvpn n ma fone is rooted buh as soon as i change d apn to blackberry.net d internet access goes off.plz hlp wit mre details. i already av driodvpn n ma fone is rooted buh as soon as i change d apn to blackberry.net d internet access goes off.plz hlp wit mre details.
Try a restart and then re-enter the APN
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by bratan(m): 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
jereal: STRAIGHT TO THE POINT...!!!

*Download 'Set DNS'
from below

and then apply
(Rooted phones only)

'blackberry.net'

support flash...!

Bro, any advice for HTC wildfire, dunno much bout it, except that it has hotspot
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Damola12: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2013
u guys hav been wonderful with so much information being circulated we the beneficiaries apreciate

1.please what is d solution for samsung gs2 my internet/3G icon disapears once i change the apn to blackberry.net ...

2.does this problem of disapearing internet hav anitin to do wit my fone not being rooted?

3.does etisalat bis work on android fones? if yes how can this be configured to work

looking forward to ur responses
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by tatchero(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2013
does this DNS pro work only with mtn? how bout other networks?
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Mueeze(m): 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
Damola12: u guys hav been wonderful with so much information being circulated we the beneficiaries apreciate

1.please what is d solution for samsung gs2 my internet/3G icon disapears once i change the apn to blackberry.net ...

2.does this problem of disapearing internet hav anitin to do wit my fone not being rooted?

3.does etisalat bis work on android fones? if yes how can this be configured to work

looking forward to ur responses

The icon disappears when you don't have an active blackberry subscription. Subscribe first and enjoy. If you had subscribed, and still have that issue, restart the phone. That's all. cool
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Davidazzle: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2013
so it seems mtn allowed that accesspoint for a while and completely blocked it in some locations...i see it getting blocked on a national level soon..they probably wanted a lot of people to get addicted with this andriod stuff...once you get addicted and the internet is taken away you gotta subscribe which means more recharge cards for mtn and more people gonna go through the annoying dumb subscription they have..sad..please we need a new stuff..i no get money for better data range jor

1 Like

Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by lordsbiz(m): 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
Android users please join this movement, lets put a stop to MTN oppression on data plan https://www.nairaland.com/1363529/android-users-wise-up
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by akwunmi(m): 5:40am On Jul 19, 2013
Looks like it workd on atrix!!!
Tnx @poster..
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by franugo(m): 6:26am On May 12, 2015
jereal:

ok, that is the default MTN access point, you should have no problems connecting to with that...just make sure you've enabled data connection by doin this:

goto settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks> tick data enabled

you should see an 'E' or '3G' at the top of your screen...you can now connect to the internet

pls does tecno d5 have 3g? Cos I can't find it in my settings
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by franugo(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2015
jereal:
STRAIGHT TO THE POINT...!!!

*Download 'Set DNS'
from below

and then apply
(Rooted phones only)

'blackberry.net'

support flash...!

do you have the settings for using dns for mtn musicplus?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 / I Showered With The Galaxy S7, Made It Pass Through Other Water Mishaps / Tecno Camon CX: My Unboxing Experience In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.