Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Stuck On Yoruba Names - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stuck On Yoruba Names (3440 Views)

Married Zimbabwean Woman And Nigerian Lover Get Stuck During Sex / Beautiful Yoruba Names / 20-Year-old Lady Stuck In Toddler's Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 1:42pm On May 22, 2012
Hiya naira landers this is my 2nd post lets hope it won't cause as much trouble as the first cheesy

I'm married to a yoruba man and trying to think of baby Yoruba names but having a hard time cry the Yoruba name will just be an extension included in the baby's name but I think it's necessary so my kids can have something from their dad I wouldn't want them to be confused and be different from other Nigerian relatives who have both English and Yoruba names.

My husband doesn't want a 'bush name' his words. But I loved the name adetokumbo for a boy and ronke for a girl because of the meanings but he absolutely hates Them. He's leaving it up to me but he's so picky I kind of feel like he's not in touch with his culture or roots which bothers me because I'm very in touch with my own I would hate for him to lose himself out here.

I wouldn't want to leave it to my Inlaws as I'm scared of what they could come up with and wouldn't want to offend them by rejecting the name which i know I would. tongue

Help me with some good Yoruba names with their meanings guys grin thanks CHEERS!
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 22, 2012
I googled "yoruba names" and this site came up. http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/category-yoruba-names.html

There're plenty of beautiful yoruba names there ^ and I'm sure you would find other useful sites if you just look around. I think it's a good idea to get your husband involved in the name-choosing, so you can agree on names you both like.
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by bittyend(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2012
BYTCH, you aren't the first Yoruba house wife, please leave the tribe alone.. A British East African shouldn't bother about Yoruba names, when you can name your kids ray ray, laquisha, shameeka, pookie etc..

Why are you so obsessed with yoruba? undecided
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 2:04pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend: BYTCH, you aren't the first Yoruba house wife, please leave the tribe alone.. A British East African shouldn't bother about Yoruba names, when you can name your kids ray ray, laquisha, shameeka, pookie etc..

Why are you so obsessed with yoruba? undecided

So the stray dog follows cheesy please leave my post alone like I said before go and make your own post. The Yoruba tribe doesn't belong to you alone so get a life outside of nl. Those names you listed are made up names that people name in the US that's how I know you've never left your village most you do is watch films in your village town centre where the only tv is and pick up things to copy from the western world.

Get a life and come off me. Like I asked for such a parasite to be following me up and down. Err

7 Likes

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 2:06pm On May 22, 2012
Yield: I googled "yoruba names" and this site came up. http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/category-yoruba-names.html

There're plenty of beautiful yoruba names there ^ and I'm sure you would find other useful sites if you just look around. I think it's a good idea to get your husband involved in the name-choosing, so you can agree on names you both like.

Thanks for the site. I don't think he wants his kids to even have Yoruba names the way he's behaving he said he'd prefer a 'John' lol
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 22, 2012
90love:

Thanks for the site. I don't think he wants his kids to even have Yoruba names the way he's behaving he said he'd prefer a 'John' lol

Lol, did you ask him why? What does he have against yoruba names? Does it have anything to do with people not being able to pronounce the names and he's just looking out for the kids, in a way?
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by bittyend(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2012
90love:
So the stray dog follows cheesy please leave my post alone like I said before go and make your own post. The Yoruba tribe doesn't belong to you alone so get a life outside of nl. Those names you listed are made up names that people name in the US that's how I know you've never left your village most you do is watch films in your village town centre where the only tv is and pick up things to copy from the western world.

Get a life and come off me. Like I asked for such a parasite to be following me up and down. Err

I'm so glad my village has a town centre with a TV, I bet the only thing in yours are trees and lions... Seriously, why do you guys massive foreheads like aliens, tho?? grin grin grin grin grin

About pick up slang from boring british films lol... Who in their right minds outside the UK would want to watch those boring movies, talk less of picking your slangs, if they ever said anything; other than some shitty cockney, and geordie slangs..

Education 101: the names I mentioned are not American names, they're black ethnic names for black folks whom lost their culture - hence, why a lot of caribbeans both in the Americas and UK bear them..

Like I told you earlier, jungle dwelling east African; you don't want it with bittyend lol.. I'm souf london hyped, and I'll smack a LovePeddler if I need to, trust me...........
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 3:15pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

I'm so glad my village has a town centre with a TV, I bet the only thing in yours are trees and lions... Seriously, why do you guys massive foreheads like aliens, tho?? grin grin grin grin grin

About pick up slang from boring british films lol... Who in their right minds outside the UK would want to watch those boring movies, talk less of picking your slangs, if they ever said anything; other than some shitty cockney, and geordie slangs..

Education 101: the names I mentioned are not American names, they're black ethnic names for black folks whom lost their culture - hence, why a lot of caribbeans both in the Americas and UK bear them..

Like I told you earlier, jungle dwelling east African; you don't want it with bittyend lol.. I'm souf london hyped, and I'll smack a LovePeddler if I need to, trust me...........

South London jobless hyped. Go 101 educate yourself. You think your fast with your hands wait for a guy thats faster with his on you then you'll know exactly where your place is in this circle of life sugar plum fairy. Me and you will never be on the same wave length as sneakbo said let me show you the wave! Your far behind with no promise of catching up cry hope your doin your mama proud being the bum she raised, that's if you were even raised by a human!
Before you think of replying me since your so jobless anyway think of all the insults your life has to offer and assess them one by one starting from your lack of education, low social position, jobless self, lack of self esteem, blurry future prospects, the fact you probably can't even find a girl that would stay with you.... Your shouting shouting about being Nigerian and your proud culture why are you living in Englands slums instead of flying back to your proud country and living it big? Coz your whole family are nobodies there or here! The truth sucks.

Good day and goodbye cool CHEERS!!!

4 Likes

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 3:20pm On May 22, 2012
Yield:

Lol, did you ask him why? What does he have against yoruba names? Does it have anything to do with people not being able to pronounce the names and he's just looking out for the kids, in a way?

embarrassingly enough I think he just wants his kids to have equal opportunity in England Nigerian names are deadly Lool you can apply for a job and as soon as your name is spotted it's application in the bin I promise you this. I think he might just want to protect them but I think all opportunities are given y God what's meant to be yours will always find you no matter what.
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by bittyend(m): 3:27pm On May 22, 2012
90love:
South London jobless hyped. Go 101 educate yourself. You think your fast with your hands wait for a guy thats faster with his on you then you'll know exactly where your place is in this circle of life sugar plum fairy. Me and you will never be on the same wave length as sneakbo said let me show you the wave! Your far behind with no promise of catching up cry hope your doin your mama proud being the bum she raised, that's if you were even raised by a human!
Before you think of replying me since your so jobless anyway think of all the insults your life has to offer and assess them one by one starting from your lack of education, low social position, jobless self, lack of self esteem, blurry future prospects, the fact you probably can't even find a girl that would stay with you.... Your shouting shouting about being Nigerian and your proud culture why are you living in Englands slums instead of flying back to your proud country and living it big? Coz your whole family are nobodies there or here! The truth sucks.

Good day and goodbye cool CHEERS!!!

Quoting sneakbo?? Why are you so obsessed with naija mans?? And what kind of educated, and married gash over 21 listens to grime anyways??

You're definitely one of them silly hoodrats, and probably someone's baby mums lol..

I don't do wave, bytch; I'm too dench for that..

And bytch, I own my yard.. I'm self-made, and I've been since I was 16...

And why are you still using "Your" to start a sentence?? You're bummy, and I can see through you... You can still get adult education, though lol..
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

Quoting sneakbo?? Why are you so obsessed with naija mans?? And what kind of educated, and married gash over 21 listens to grime anyways??

You're definitely one of them silly hoodrats, and probably someone's baby mums lol..

And why are you still using "Your" to start a sentence?? You're bummy, and I can see through... You can still get adult education, though lol..

bittyend, can you stop, pleaaaasee? angry angry angry smiley

1 Like

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by bittyend(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2012
Yield:
bittyend, can you stop, pleaaaasee? angry angry angry smiley

We need to run this bytch out of anything Nigerian.. She's disrespectful, and she has a big chip on her shoulder..

I don't know why you're dining with the devil.
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 5:15pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

And why are you still using "Your" to start a sentence?? You're bummy, and I can see through you... You can still get adult education, though lol..

Says the kid that came on here talking about south hype and slamming faces in. cheesy common bum. Self made since 16 selling crack and shotting weed like the rest of the hoodlums from your side. You own your home grin why you lyingggggggg your to "dench" I think you've miss used the English slang you've tried so hard to master tongue

Broaden your vocab if bytch and slut are the only words you know how to use then that says more about you grin BUM! Is it rude to call someone out on being a BUM cheesy I think a um is even more useful than what you are

1 Like

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 5:21pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

We need to run this bytch out of anything Nigerian.. She's disrespectful, and she has a big chip on her shoulder..

I don't know why you're dining with the devil.

I will say whatever I please small boy. If you've never come across someone thats confident then I feel sorry for you today because I'll continue saying as I please. after all what can you do about it except get angry and beat your stubby fingers on your keyboard replying me.
Better yet why do you keep following my posts? cheesy get a life and stop sniffing after me it's pathetic. BUM raised BUMMY to be a BIG BUM grin cheesy only you know the truth if I'm hurting your feelings what I'm saying is clearly true then!!!
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2012
90love:

embarrassingly enough I think he just wants his kids to have equal opportunity in England Nigerian names are deadly Lool you can apply for a job and as soon as your name is spotted it's application in the bin I promise you this. I think he might just want to protect them but I think all opportunities are given y God what's meant to be yours will always find you no matter what.

If he is scared of naija names maybe he needs to change the last name to Cameron and Queen Elizabeth so they can be highly favoured

1 Like

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by bittyend(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2012
90love:
Says the kid that came on here talking about south hype and slamming faces in. cheesy common bum. Self made since 16 selling crack and shotting weed like the rest of the hoodlums from your side. You own your home grin why you lyingggggggg your to "dench" I think you've miss used the English slang you've tried so hard to master tongue

Broaden your vocab if bytch and slut are the only words you know how to use then that says more about you grin BUM! Is it rude to call someone out on being a BUM cheesy I think a um is even more useful than what you are

So, you don't even know what dench means??

Are you really from LD? grin grin You're probably one of them silly east African kids from croydon, and edmonton who came here as teens..

Ok, I see why you're hyped about the british passport. sad
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 5:40pm On May 22, 2012
dayokanu:

If he is scared of naija names maybe he needs to change the last name to Cameron and Queen Elizabeth so they can be highly favoured

It would be a big shame if he ever tried that. I wouldn't even allow him to knowing where you come from is very important It would be sad for my kids to lose out because of their dads mentality. angry
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by tpia5: 5:50pm On May 22, 2012
this husband of yours, is he on nl?

i need to give him a piece of my mind.
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On May 22, 2012
tpia@:
this husband of yours, is he on nl?

i need to give him a piece of my mind.

I am the husband, give it to me mami wink
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 6:15pm On May 22, 2012
Lool please give it to him well well cheesy
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Freesia(f): 9:43pm On May 22, 2012
Jesu Kristi !!! What has happened to the family section??
@ Bittyend why are you bringing yesterday's beef in today's menu??
@ poster this comebacks or the back and forth is not helping matters

1 Like

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 12:10am On May 23, 2012
90love:

Uncommon names, in general, are often looked upon negatively by employers. I had braces not long ago and my Orthodontist (a black man; I’m not certain about his country of origin - but I do know he has been here a long time) once told me how he and his wife decided to give their female children unisex names. His reasons? In the working world: 1) being black’s one strike against you and 2) being a woman is another. So instead of giving their female children names that would allow potential employers to identify them as being black and female, they decided to do the opposite, making it difficult for potential employers to guess and know, until those kids show up at the interview. His wife (also black) is a Psychologist, so they’re pretty well-read folks. He did tell me the names they gave their kids and I thought it was a very smart thing to do.

Your husband has good reasons to be concerned about the names you give your children and I'm sure his own experiences played a big role in feeling that way. Discrimination is out there. At the same time, you’re also right, in that, if something’s meant to be, it will be. There're plenty of African, Asian, Caucasian folks with unusual names in their respective fields. Barack Obama, Condooleeza Rice, Kofi Annan. They all have uncommon names and look at them. Maybe it's bad in the UK? I find employers here to be pretty fair (not to say discrimination doesn't exist; it most definately does), but securing that position's usually a matter of whether one's qualified and has the right set of skills or not. Names are just that, names, and are mainly there for identification purposes and not something that defines you. I’ve had instances where people were able to pronounce my name and others where they totally massacred it, lol, though I'm often told it's a pretty name. Personally, I like names that're different and unique. And one thing I love about Nigerian names is that they all have wonderful meanings. So whatever you decide is up to you and your hubby. You shouldn't let this stop you from choosing the names you want for your children, but then again, it's up to the two of you.
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 5:36am On May 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Abi O, and I am very positive one hundred percent that her hubby has been typing those reply since, I don't think any other African British Ethiopian American Cameroonian grin has the strength to argue with "any" Nigerian the way "she" did in that earlier post.

He is just having fun with it....not cool bro cool
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 5:58am On May 23, 2012
90love:

Protect them from what tho? Are our names that bad? the way you say it is horrendous ,

my kids are all Canadians (no such thing as Nigerian Canadian Nigerian LMAO)and they have Yoruba names(4 letters max) and everybody love their names and they do very well in school,

and its the way you present yourself and who you roll with

that's why you see us Nigerians always proud and pompous because we go extra mile to belong , yes to belong cos this is not our land (even with my Canadian pali this is not my land)and in other for you to have a white as your maid or staff or even don't let them walk all over you... you really need to work for it and earn it and I respect my people for that.

So dont come on here to belittle our lovely names saying Nigerian names are deadly ...blah blah, enough already!!...... angry
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 1:37pm On May 23, 2012
jidegirl12:

Protect them from what tho? Are our names that bad? the way you say it is horrendous ,

my kids are all Canadians (no such thing as Nigerian Canadian Nigerian LMAO)and they have Yoruba names(4 letters max) and everybody love their names and they do very well in school,

and its the way you present yourself and who you roll with

that's why you see us Nigerians always proud and pompous because we go extra mile to belong , yes to belong cos this is not our land (even with my Canadian pali this is not my land)and in other for you to have a white as your maid or staff or even don't let them walk all over you... you really need to work for it and earn it and I respect my people for that.

So dont come on here to belittle our lovely names saying Nigerian names are deadly ...blah blah, enough already!!...... angry

This is how people find my trouble a post that is innocent and simple with no reason for people to get excited someone out the bunch must say something to tickle me the wrong way. 1stly your situation is irrelevant to mine your Canadian and I'm British how it works over there might not be how it works over here. You belittle your self with no help from me because it's clear you lack the ability to read properly! Re read the post and show me where I belittled any name
Your probably some teenage mother on the doll anyway I don't know why I'm wasting time with you!!,
CHEERS!!!
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 1:39pm On May 23, 2012
jidegirl12:

Abi O, and I am very positive one hundred percent that her hubby has been typing those reply since, I don't think any other African British Ethiopian American Cameroonian grin has the strength to argue with "any" Nigerian the way "she" did in that earlier post.

He is just having fun with it....not cool bro cool

Woah woah well it seems a lot of Nigerians think your the biggest and baddest you don't know there are people that are of equal challenge!!! Come for me and I come for you grin
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Smilenw(f): 2:51pm On May 23, 2012
@ jidegirl
Try not to comment if you have absolutely nothing to say. If you are so proud of your accomplishments, why don't you start a fresh thread instead of derailing ? :/ OP came here to say she INSISTS on having yoruba names for her kids, asks for suggestions, and before she completes her post, you start screaming "why not yoruba names? I have it, my kids have it, my neighbours have it, my cousins have it"..good for you ! Why don't you take half a minute to read her question before commenting ? Maybe you need to check yourself before calling her a trouble maker.

1 Like

Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 23, 2012
90love:

Woah woah well it seems a lot of Nigerians think your the biggest and baddest you don't know there are people that are of equal challenge!!! Come for me and I come for you grin
Smilenw: @ jidegirl
Try not to comment if you have absolutely nothing to say. If you are so proud of your accomplishments, why don't you start a fresh thread instead of derailing ? :/ OP came here to say she INSISTS on having yoruba names for her kids, asks for suggestions, and before she completes her post, you start screaming "why not yoruba names? I have it, my kids have it, my neighbours have it, my cousins have it"..good for you ! Why don't you take half a minute to read her question before commenting ? Maybe you need to check yourself before calling her a trouble maker.

E ma gba mi ke, what have I said do deserve your Obvious beef ? Abeg leave me alone and do your own thing and I do mine, pleeeease!!!
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 23, 2012
90love:

Just shut it already!!!
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 23, 2012
90love:

This is how people find my trouble a post that is innocent and simple with no reason for people to get excited someone out the bunch must say something to tickle me the wrong way. 1stly your situation is irrelevant to mine your Canadian and I'm British how it works over there might not be how it works over here. You belittle your self with no help from me because it's clear you lack the ability to read properly! Re read the post and show me where I belittled any name
Your probably some teenage mother on the doll anyway I don't know why I'm wasting time with you!!,
CHEERS!!!

Is this all you got? What else is new? Pow!!!
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by 90love(f): 4:18pm On May 23, 2012
grin jidegirl12 the trouble maker! *sigh* your forgiven its clearly not your fault. undecided
Re: Stuck On Yoruba Names by Smilenw(f): 5:40pm On May 23, 2012
jidegirl12:

E ma gba mi ke, what have I said do deserve your Obvious beef ? Abeg leave me alone and do your own thing and I do mine, pleeeease!!!

This would be exactly how @ 90love is feeling.

Maybe there is some fact in what poster said when she came up with this thread http://www.nairaland.com942597/why-women-own-worst-enemies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Sleeping With A Married Man / Divorce Lawyer Wanted Please / How Far Can I Help My Now Married Ex-girlfriend Financially?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.