Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735721 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alusaint: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
Hello house, I need your quick responses on these qstions. Must I do my police clearance where I was raised or where I am now? (2) my sponsor is a south African, do I still need to pay the reparation fees? Whre can I get my medical insurance cover done and the yellow fever stuff? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
cent11: They gave me letter statin few words that I should pay a thousand grand when I get to nigeria then they asked me to sign and put down my name. Well if I can get the visa, wl jst head to uk directly though I missed s.a girls so really need to get there soon.
If you are in Nigeria now, go to SA embassy at Ikoyi, you will be guilded accordingly.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
alusaint: Hello house, I need your quick responses on these qstions. Must I do my police clearance where I was raised or where I am now?
You can do it anywhere you like if it can be done in such place, even if you have comitted a crime somewhere else within the country, there is no way it can be traced so do it wherever you want but if you are in Lagos i will advise you to do it at Alagbon, check here for more details https://www.nairaland.com/266144/anyone-tell-me-how-get

(2) my sponsor is a south African, do I still need to pay the reparation fees?
Yes
Whre can I get my medical insurance cover done and the yellow fever stuff? Thanks
You can conduct an internet search on that or try here https://www.momentum.co.za/for/you/products/health
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by folalekan(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
dpee4real: hello house,
I had earlier posted my experience with study permit application on Nov. 19 at d lagos consulate(cheq pg 8 of this thread). I was askd 2 present a saqa evaluation which i KNOW is NOT needed 4 SA study permit. Afta my experience in lagos i made up my mind to head to abj despite claims on this thread that requirements are the same. Well,d truth is,they are not and in fact, saqa is not a requirement for study permit like i sd. Afta my lagos experience,i mailed my sch requesting 4a copy of d saqa report dy used to assess my qualification telling them my need 4 it. D response ws dt 'home affairs dept doesn't require it and dt d embassy officials probably does not know wt is required.' i did my own info seach online and challenge evry1 to independently do same,their is nothing of such as requirement 4 SA Study permit.
I hv submited my aplicatn&paid at d abj office on d 26th and d attendant neva demanded 4 it 4m evry1 who did along side.
its actually confusing dat they ddnt request,well,were u admited 4undergrad studies or postgrad? And moreso,u submitted 26th ryt? Wen are u told to come for collection?
Regards
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
Dare14:

thanks bro,i would wait till i see whatever happens..i shall let the house know as soon as i get my passport back....but seriously why pay for an hotel when you havent gotten the visa,its like buying flight ticket when you dont have a visa...well i will see whatever the embassy thinks
It's jst a new rule i think d Home Affairs have cme up wit. Some other changes hav been made to their Visa application process....
I also made a paid booking at a hotel in Germiston, J'bourg to ensure i follow their application instructions to the later ...and you also need to include a self introductory letter aside ur company introduction letter, telling the Home Affairs wat u intend to go to the Republic for.... wink
Dare14:

thanks bro,i would wait till i see whatever happens..i shall let the house know as soon as i get my passport back....but seriously why pay for an hotel when you havent gotten the visa,its like buying flight ticket when you dont have a visa...well i will see whatever the embassy thinks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alusaint: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
plaease people, must I pay for my air ticket/book a flight befor I apply for the permi? Or wat do I do? Becos I heard that it is required that I include it in the application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
alusaint: plaease people, must I pay for my air ticket/book a flight befor I apply for the permi? Or wat do I do? Becos I heard that it is required that I include it in the application.
You don't need to use a paid flight itinerary, just make a normal reservation without payment with South African Airways then you are good to go with your submission.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:18am On Nov 29, 2012
...and I wonder too o...
Dare14:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Msauza(m): 6:01am On Nov 29, 2012
STENACO:

I didn't include the SAQA certificate. I went for audtition in the school before the admission was offered because it is their requirement for people that studies music as undergraduate. I think you suppose to be talking of HESA and not SAQA because it is not a masters degree course. I went to HESA office in SA and they gave me exemption due to mature age so I dont really know what they are verifying inside there. I gave them the medical certificate as well and the insurance. What again should I do.
Dear friend, since you have made mention of submitting all the required documents, I personally do not see any reason why should they delay your study permit. I am looking forward to see your permit being granted successfully and to experience South African academic life. Moreover, I am hoping and very much adamant that you will be contacted soon, just exercise a bit of patience. Goodluck!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2012
Msauza: .
Dear friend, since you have made mention of submitting all the required documents, I personally do not see any reason why should they delay your study permit. I am looking forward to see your permit being granted successfully and to experience South African academic life. Moreover, I am hoping and very much adamant that you will be contacted soon, just exercise a bit of patience. Goodluck!!!
If he included his HESA exemption certificate, then I don't see him having any problem.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpee4real(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
folalekan:
its actually confusing dat they ddnt request,well,were u admited 4undergrad studies or postgrad? And moreso,u submitted 26th ryt? Wen are u told to come for collection?
Regards

Hi folalekan,
I ws told to call 4 update in 2-3wks,dt all my docs&payment wil b verified b4 getin d permit.i gt admitd 4a phd.lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2012
today is the 3week now i submitted at the SAFA embassy,still no answer, someone was suggesting i go to the vfs center to check maybe they sent me a text regarding paying for the repatriation fee,dat at times some applicants don't receive the text, i need to make another plans for the DEC cos i normally travel during the holiday,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2012
Dare14: today is the 3week now i submitted at the SAFA embassy,still no answer, someone was suggesting i go to the vfs center to check maybe they sent me a text regarding paying for the repatriation fee,dat at times some applicants don't receive the text, i need to make another plans for the DEC cos i normally travel during the holiday,

You dont need to go to their office, jst track ur application here:
www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/track.html
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 5:52am On Nov 30, 2012
Dare14: today is the 3week now i submitted at the SAFA embassy,still no answer, someone was suggesting i go to the vfs center to check maybe they sent me a text regarding paying for the repatriation fee,dat at times some applicants don't receive the text, i need to make another plans for the DEC cos i normally travel during the holiday,
i submitted my application on the 9th of November and i was called on the 26th of November by the embassy to go and pay the repatriation fee whc will expire two dayz after. As regard your case, i think maybe you should contact the embassy. Did you receive a text message the day you submitted?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
dpee4real:

Hi folalekan,
I ws told to call 4 update in 2-3wks,dt all my docs&payment wil b verified b4 getin d permit.i gt admitd 4a phd.lol

@dpee4real. I submitted my documents at Abuja for study permit on Nov. 13th and was given two phone nos to be calling to know the status but the nos have not been going for the past 2 weeks. 094624200, 094624201.
I have used the first no in the past to make enquiries few weeks ago.
Did they give u separate phone no apart from these two?
Is there any particular time one should call
What day of the week can one collect the passport back
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alusaint: 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
@folalekan, you too gbaski and Collins, kudos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
when i try tracking online today dis was the message i recieved?

Your application is received and under assessment at "The South Africa High Commission,Lagos"
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 2:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Dare14: when i try tracking online today dis was the message i recieved?

Your application is received and under assessment at "The South Africa High Commission,Lagos"

Yes, once the VFS Lagos receives your application from the SA Embassy, Lagos, the status will change to:
You processed application has been received from the SA High Commission and is now ready for pickup at the VFS office, ********
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:13am On Dec 01, 2012
teetee123:

@dpee4real. I submitted my documents at Abuja for study permit on Nov. 13th and was given two phone nos to be calling to know the status but the nos have not been going for the past 2 weeks. 094624200, 094624201.
I have used the first no in the past to make enquiries few weeks ago.
Did they give u separate phone no apart from these two?
Is there any particular time one should call
What day of the week can one collect the passport back
Thanks

You are talking of three weeks. I submitted 2months ago up till no now call. The numbers have not connected for the past two weeks. And trhe last time I got them they said it is still not fully processed. It is their turn to call me. I don't have time for them.collection of passport is on thursdays and fridays.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by folalekan(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2012
Dont be swayed by such belief that the processing is faster/easier in abuja than lagos,i gathered all the requirements personally thru this forum (no agent,no special payment),i submited for permit at lagos embassy on 15th Nov and went to pik it 30th Nov (d processing time is actually now 1week at lag embassy),confirmed in mine case and all 8 other applicants i know.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2012
folalekan: Dont be swayed by such belief that the processing is faster/easier in abuja than lagos,i gathered all the requirements personally thru this forum (no agent,no special payment),i submited for permit at lagos embassy on 15th Nov and went to pik it 30th Nov (d processing time is actually now 1week at lag embassy),confirmed in mine case and all 8 other applicants i know.

Was this for Visitor's Visa or Resident Permit?
Gbam, over and out....!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
surdik:
i submitted my application on the 9th of November and i was called on the 26th of November by the embassy to go and pay the repatriation fee whc will expire two dayz after. As regard your case, i think maybe you should contact the embassy. Did you receive a text message the day you submitted?

yes i received text on the day i submitted, just that i am suppose to travel to SA on 14th of Dec, I just feel its a ploy to deny applicant visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
hi folalekan, did u apply using hotel reservation? If so did u make a paid reservation wit d hotel or just ordinary reservation without any payment cos i've been reading here that now they only consida paid reservation.
folalekan: Dont be swayed by such belief that the processing is faster/easier in abuja than lagos,i gathered all the requirements personally thru this forum (no agent,no special payment),i submited for permit at lagos embassy on 15th Nov and went to pik it 30th Nov (d processing time is actually now 1week at lag embassy),confirmed in mine case and all 8 other applicants i know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topsyking: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
@any guru here
I need ur help here..a friend ask me where can he get a bachelorhood certificate....kindly reply now..anybody ..somebody
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by folalekan(m): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2012
opsy4real1: hi folalekan, did u apply using hotel reservation? If so did u make a paid reservation wit d hotel or just ordinary reservation without any payment cos i've been reading here that now they only consida paid reservation.

no i ddnt book any hotel, mine is study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by folalekan(m): 9:03am On Dec 02, 2012
tzetzefly:

Was this for Visitor's Visa or Resident Permit?
Gbam, over and out....!

this was study permit sir.
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Goodevening nairalanders, I just applied for south africa visa last week at abuja office, can someone tell me how long it takes to get SA tourist visa at abuja office?? Or anyone has applied before should please tell me how long it took them to get the visa? Cos I really need to travel in 2weeks time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:05am On Dec 03, 2012
I am glad you got your permit from the same Lagos Embassy some people are running from, all in the name of being "strict" in order to boycott the normal visa requirements. Meanwhile, the normal processing time for tourist visas remain 6-10days and maximum of 6weeks for study permit but some applications may exceed the normal processing days/weeks if the embassy renders such to be incomplete or needs to verify some documents

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hello house, i just got a call from safa embassy today to come and pay repatriation fee btw now till weds or else they will deny my the visa, i will be going there tomorrow to make the payment of 110,000 .. hope when i come back from SAFA sha they wont delay in returning the money back to me?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
Dare14: Hello house, i just got a call from safa embassy today to come and pay repatriation fee btw now till weds or else they will deny my the visa, i will be going there tomorrow to make the payment of 110,000 .. hope when i come back from SAFA sha they wont delay in returning the money back to me?
Did you apply as a tourist or otherwise?
Just checking to know if applicants for tourist visa are also required to pay this fee...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Jolene474(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.