Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738090 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=tjcoded post=28289352][/quote]
I didn't pay and I'm 19
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
samtol4:
.apply anywhere with the right documents. I prefer Lagos based on my personal reasons .Your yellow fever has expired and too old Get the new card.
It's valid for 10 years
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tjcoded: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
qalifa:

I didn't pay and I'm 19
ok,bt pls I wnt to know if its official from the embassy that there is no more payment of repartration fee.tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2014
Its official and i can confirm to you that repatriation fee is no longer required for study visa cos i just submitted my application last week. The newly amended immigration law in SA clearly states it. nx[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2014
For study visa, the visa fee is N8,600 but you will pay bank charges of N1,575 bringing the total to N10,175.00

You will need to photocopy your yellow card (Front and Back) and you don't need to pay for the same flight reservation. One your visa comes out, you are free to choose your desired airline
HankVoight:
Evening,
1. Please in respect to flights booking; do I need to pay for the flight before I submit my visa application? If No, am I to pay for the same flight reservation I submitted to the embassy which has a 72 hour reservation holding since i choose the 'pay later' option OR can i move on and pay for another flight on a later day?
2. how much is the visa processing fee for study permits; is it 8,600 or 18,000?
3. Do I need to photocopy my vaccination card?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2014
v 21, 2014
[Masters-Student-Wins-Top-Honour-at-SA-Mathematical-Society-Congress__]
Maths boffin Ms Titilayo Agbaje.

UKZN Masters student in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (SMSCS), Ms Titilayo Agbaje, won first prize in the Masters presentations category at the 57th Annual Congress of the South African Mathematical Society (SAMS) on the Unisa Science Campus in Roodepoort, Gauteng.

Agbaje, who is completing her Masters degree in Mathematics under the supervision of Professor Sandile Motsa, presented on a chapter of her Master’s dissertation, namely, the Chebyshev spectral perturbation approach for unsteady heat and mass transfer by MHD mixed convection flow over an impulsively stretched vertical surface with chemical reaction effect.

She said she was pleasantly surprised by the enthusiastic response she received for her presentation at SAMS. Delegates were intrigued by her topic and impressed at the sincerity and confidence which she displayed in the pursuit of her work.

‘Being a woman in a male-dominated discipline and taking the first position at a Congress like this proves that women can not only make it in a male-dominated discipline, but excel,’ said Agbaje.

Attending the Congress, said Agbaje, allowed her the opportunity to meet mathematicians working in numerous aspects of the discipline and enabled her to learn from others, something which she believes will greatly impact her future research.

Despite her current success, Agbaje admits that mathematics was actually her second choice, and a subject she found challenging during her undergraduate years at the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) in Nigeria. During the course of her studies, however, Agbaje’s interest in mathematics began to grow as she realised its vital importance in relation to all other subjects and saw its applications in real life.

‘I see mathematics as the mother of all subjects,’ said Agbaje. ‘In addition, mathematics is an important contributor to society because there are lot of elements of Mathematics, most especially in my area, applied mathematics, which can be used everywhere in daily life. For example, the chemical effect I considered in this particular SAMS presentation is applicable in crude-oil production, cooling and crystallisation of chemical materials, grain separation in farming, uranium production, drying technology and much more.’

Agbaje, who arrived at UKZN in 2013 to begin her Master’s degree, said the research facilities and infrastructure the University provided to assist students with the completion of their research had made all the difference.

She hopes to continue her research to the level of a PhD in applied mathematics and said she could see herself becoming a professor in the subject.

Agbaje said major factors in her success were her strong faith in God and the financial support and encouragement of her parents. She also thanked her fiancé, sisters and cousin for their support, understanding and encouragement during the challenging task of completing her dissertation.

She said the support of her supervisor, Professor Motsa, proved invaluable in her success. ‘I will always be indebted to him for introducing me to new numerical methods of solving complex nonlinear boundary value problems and thereby inspiring my interest in the area of Applied Mathematics and shaping my future,’ said Agbaje.congrats....proudly Nigerian product.

Dean and Head of School, Professor Kesh Govinder, said Agbaje and Motsa had ensured the continuation of UKZN’s long standing tradition of winning awards at SAMS!

General Enquiries

DBN: +27 31 260 1111
PMB: +27 33 260 5111
or Call +27 31 260 8596 and follow the voice prompts
Did you Know?
UKZN’s School of Information Systems and Technology was the first university in South Africa to introduce Podcasting as an educational tool.

The University enjoys a century of academic advancements.

Spud author, John Van De Ruit, graduated from UKZN.

UKZN is the third most productive university in South Africa in terms of research output

South Africa's best-known and most popular television maths and science teacher William Smith obtained a Master’s degree from the former University of Natal

UKZN is one of three African universities rated amongst the top 500 universities of the world according to the Academic Rankings of World Universities(ARWU).

The multimillion-rand KwaZulu-Natal Research Institute for Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS (K-RITH), an international centre of scientific research, is located on the University's Medical school campus.

The University offers approximately 2 000 academic programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

UKZN has been home to many successful sportsman over the years, Tommy Bedford a former Springbok Rugby player, Shaun Pollock & Jonty Rhodes South African Cricketers.

Some high profile businessmen studied at UKZN, Sol Kerzner the developer of Lost city & more, Stephen Saad the CEO & founder of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings, Guy Brazier the regional leader of Deloitte & Alan Olivier the CEO of Grindrod Group.
Electronic Newsletter.congrats ......

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Canadidacy(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
tjcoded:
thank you for this information, pls I'd luv to know wat you mean by any one with an I.D,pls what type of I.D?
It can be S A national I.D or S A permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HALLofFAME: 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
Omo da da lomo ye o....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tjcoded: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
Canadidacy:

It can be S A national I.D or S A permit.
merci boqou

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
tjcoded:
thank you for this information, pls I'd luv to know wat you mean by any one with an I.D,pls what type of I.D?
Cases are not the same, I think in his case they asked him all those questions because he hadn't paid the hotel so as people they thought he wouldn't even be staying in one. So by I.D he meant you should atleast if you didn't pay your hotel there should be someone with a south african identity.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
tjcoded:
ok,bt pls I wnt to know if its official from the embassy that there is no more payment of repartration fee.tanx
Yes it is. There's a notice on the front door
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 5:48am On Nov 25, 2014
is it applicable to all categories of visa? Or only waived for study visa
qalifa:

Yes it is. There's a notice on the front door
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2014
The waiver applies to both study and visitors visa
opsy4real1:
is it applicable to all categories of visa? Or only waived for study visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by extrovert6(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2014
Urgent info pls:
The embassy did not allow third party hotel booking, pls I need a reliable and cheap hotel in Johannesburg, kindly give me their site. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
extrovert6:
Urgent info pls:
The embassy did not allow third party hotel booking, pls I need a reliable and cheap hotel in Johannesburg, kindly give me their site. Thanks
What do u mean by "Third Party Hotel booking"?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 6:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
opsy4real1:
thanks a lot....i am currently on their website...and i see its 349 rands contribution per month.......so how do one get registered as in procedures you passed when you did yours, just a quick one from you bro instead of wasting time on here. thanks as I await your reply
I don't know if this has been answered but let me help, you need to get ur admission letter and the data page of ur passport, if u have a relative in SA, send the money to him/her he goess to momentum's office and pays, u join instantly, but if try doing it online it can take a while
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
thanks for the advice sir!
akeem0502:

I don't know if this has been answered but let me help, you need to get ur admission letter and the data page of ur passport, if u have a relative in SA, send the money to him/her he goess to momentum's office and pays, u join instantly, but if try doing it online it can take a while
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
opsy4real1:
thanks for the advice sir!

I just registered with Momemtum this Monday online and it took less than 24 hours to get my registration confirmed.

@ yinksob002
Did you say you applied directly at the embassy? I need not go to VFS right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Yes. For study permit, you apply directly to the SA embassy.

Best of luck
Shine1177:

I just registered with Momemtum this Monday online and it took less than 24 hours to get my registration confirmed.

@ yinksob002
Did you say you applied directly at the embassy? I need not go to VFS right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2014
extrovert6:
Hello house, thanks for the bountiful information, I ve really learnt a lot .
I'm a postgraduate student of university of Ibadan,
I applied for a conference in the republic, but I applied very late for my visa, i applied on the 14th of this month and the conference starts on the 26th - 28th of this month. Which means I have to leave inveriably on the 25th of November. Someone with experience should tell me the processing period. Also a cousine stands to be sponsoring me , he has about 900k in his account , hope its okay?
Thanks
Been a postgraduate student it is expected that your supervisor/department/University will be responsible for the needed funding for your conference. Also you will need a letter of invitation from the conference organiser inviting you over for the conference. There is no need for a cousin or relative to sponsor your trip. There is the possibility of been granted the visa after the conference date. Best wishes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Good evening
I really appreciate everyones contributions and I ve learnt a lot from it. I got addmision to unisa for my phd program and I ve just completed the first year. I just got a 2 years study leave from d place I worked. I want to apply for a study visa. I got a letter from the school in april 2014 but d study leave was just approved 2 days ago. Should I still present the letter from the school? And concerning unisa some said they don't give them study visa. Pls advise me on what to do
Thks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Please I'll be training at wonderboom airport does any one know of any safe neighbourhoods around there that I can stay?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2014
FeyiDOT:
Good evening
I really appreciate everyones contributions and I ve learnt a lot from it. I got addmision to unisa for my phd program and I ve just completed the first year. I just got a 2 years study leave from d place I worked. I want to apply for a study visa. I got a letter from the school in april 2014 but d study leave was just approved 2 days ago. Should I still present the letter from the school? And concerning unisa some said they don't give them study visa. Pls advise me on what to do
Thks
Unisa remains the best place to find out if you can use their letter to secure study permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2014
samtol4:
Unisa remains the best place to find out if you can use their letter to secure study permit.
Please can u attend to my earlier post
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
qalifa:
Please I'll be training at wonderboom airport does any one know of any safe neighbourhoods around there that I can stay?
where is wonderboom?pretoria ,durban ,capetown ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
samtol4:
where is wonderboom?pretoria ,durban ,capetown ?
Pretoria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Goodmorning house, please what are the documents and requirements to apply for a south African visit visa?.pls help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 30, 2014
Hello peeps,I wanna ask,after the issuing of visiting visa to someone which I learnt is 3months valid visa,so I want to ask,is it possible to go 2weeks before d visa expire without having problems with any immigration what what at d airport,and someone told me,there re no more permits in SA,like study permit,work permits and stuffs like dat,bt is there still something like PR(permanent residence permit in SA),pls anyone dat knws more about dis thing to answer me,tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 3:52am On Nov 30, 2014
MojAyo:
Hello peeps,I wanna ask,after the issuing of visiting visa to someone which I learnt is 3months valid visa,so I want to ask,is it possible to go 2weeks before d visa expire without having problems with any immigration what what at d airport,and someone told me,there re no more permits in SA,like study permit,work permits and stuffs like dat,bt is there still something like PR(permanent residence permit in SA),pls anyone dat knws more about dis thing to answer me,tanx
You can no longer change the status of ur Visitors Visa in SA, that is if u come with visitor's visa u will leave with visitors visa. There is a permit called permanent residence it allows u to work and live in SA permanently with some conditions attached. Going to SA 2 weeks b4 ur visa expires is no big deal as long as u can prove u will come back to naija under 2 weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2014
akeem0502:

You can no longer change the status of ur Visitors Visa in SA, that is if u come with visitor's visa u will leave with visitors visa. There is a permit called permanent residence it allows u to work and live in SA permanently with some conditions attached. Going to SA 2 weeks b4 ur visa expires is no big deal as long as u can prove u will come back to naija under 2 weeks.
okay,I understand u,bt can u pm me so I can xplain more better to u,re u in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2014
FeyiDOT:
Good evening
Thks
Ur letter from UNISA is good, though I will advise you to talk to UNISA to change your admission letter to 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.