Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733150 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2015
When did you apply and where? Lagos or Abuja?

takin35:
Hello!pls I applied for s a tourist visa and its getting to a month now without seeing any message or call pls house what do I do?is it that they have not yet finished processing mz visa or what?thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heywhytech1(m): 11:32am On Mar 19, 2015
I need urgent advice, please can i apply for Student permit after i was denied visiting visa?. I gave my passport to an agent to applied for visitor's visa for me and the visa was refused, when i asked for reason why the visa was not granted, she said "Purpose of trip not convincing" I asked her if my passport was stamp she said no,and she told me she can only reapply for me after five months, when i asked her if could use the passport to apply for student permit now, she said yes, please i want gurus in the house to confirm this information for me, because i want to apply and handle the student permit myself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2015
TYPOP:

Unfortunately, I don't know any agent. So far, I have solved all my matters in SA myself.

As to the link, here it is: http://www.dha.gov.za/images/final_Immigration_Regulations_2014_1.pdf

Cheers.
tanx dear,I've talked to some one in SA who knw about dis paper of a thing,he said I can come with visiting visa for me and my baby,dat I can go and claim my babys SA passport at home affairs in Sa,after it come out,then I can use my baby SA id no with the fathers permanent residence to apply for a PR,he said even if my visiting visa expires ,i can renew my assylum and use it to apply for my PR,tanx so much,God bless u,I I want to ask with my overstay issue,hope its nt going to cause problem for me at OR Tambo,my passport got stamped and wrote cancelled for the overstay things which even d passport has expired already,hope d. Overstay thing won't show on dis passport cos I think d consular did nt see it,hope the immigration at OR Tambo won't see it also,and even if they see it,I can give them their 3000rands,right,thank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NellyGhenghen(m): 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello house,

For all those studying in South Africa, i'll like to know how much it ll cost on the average to pursue undergraduate studies in SA (Medicine) from first year and the cheapest universities for international students.

Done some research on my own, but its not too clear to me. Currently, considering university of pretoria and Nelson Mandela metropolitan university, whilst university of pretoria isn't so clear about international fees on their website, NMMU from what ive seen so far has lots of miscellaneous fees which when added up is an outrageous sum, though i'm not sure if I have to pay all those fees. I'd appreciate if someone could shed more light.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
MojAyo:
tanx dear,I've talked to some one in SA who knw about dis paper of a thing,he said I can come with visiting visa for me and my baby,dat I can go and claim my babys SA passport at home affairs in Sa,after it come out,then I can use my baby SA id no with the fathers permanent residence to apply for a PR,he said even if my visiting visa expires ,i can renew my assylum and use it to apply for my PR,tanx so much,God bless u,I I want to ask with my overstay issue,hope its nt going to cause problem for me at OR Tambo,my passport got stamped and wrote cancelled for the overstay things which even d passport has expired already,hope d. Overstay thing won't show on dis passport cos I think d consular did nt see it,hope the immigration at OR Tambo won't see it also,and even if they see it,I can give them their 3000rands,right,thank u
I don't know where to start from Madam ....In the first place your coming to Nigeria without your child's SA passport was a big mistake though u stated "emergency".Please note nobody can help u collect child's passport in your absence and it take process to have the passport though your baby has ID .I thought u will handle the process by yourself when you came some months ago asking series of questions but u end up with "agent "who issued invitational letter without signatures .Now you said u have contacted someone who knows "paper stuff"hope he or she is aware that the new law doesn't allow Visitor's visa to be converted to PR.Can't you get firsthand information at Embassy ? Won't you pay overstay fine before applying again?Pay your fine .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
samtol4:
I don't where to start from Madam ....In the first place your coming to Nigeria without your child's SA passport was a big mistake though u stated "emergency".Please note nobody can help u collect child's passport in your absence and it take process to have the passport though your baby has ID .I thought u will handle the process by yourself when you came some months ago asking series of questions but u end up with "agent "who issued invitational letter without signatures .Now you said u have contacted someone who knows "paper stuff"hope he or she is aware that the new law doesn't allow Visitor's visa to be converted to PR.Can't you get firsthand information at Embassy ? Won't you pay overstay fine before applying again?
the guy I contacted in SA said I can use my assylum to apply for d PR,like I will ve to renew my assylum when I get to SA,I'm nt using visiting visa to apply for the PR,about the overstay stuff,as I use another new nigerian passport for applying for a visiting visa,the overstay stuff is nt showing,and they didn't knw,it might show on d system when I get to OR Tambo which I will pay the 3000rands fine,tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by takin35(m): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Abuja,on 20/02/2015
ololo12:

When did you apply and where? Lagos or Abuja?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Xeedorf: 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
its possible, the Visa we be done within 3 working day.
May God help us in this country
fischer77:
Hello Nairalanders,

I recently got a visitors visa to south Africa after being rejected once. This time it was 'non appearance'. My question is how real are these non appearance visa since I didn't submit the application myself, the agent claimed he knows an insider in vfs. Application was submitted on Friday and visa came out on Tuesday. Pls could this be real? And how do I go about confirming it cos I'm a little skeptical
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NellyGhenghen(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
NellyGhenghen:
Hello house,

For all those studying in South Africa, i'll like to know how much it ll cost on the average to pursue undergraduate studies in SA (Medicine) from first year and the cheapest universities for international students.

Done some research on my own, but its not too clear to me. Currently, considering university of pretoria and Nelson Mandela metropolitan university, whilst university of pretoria isn't so clear about international fees on their website, NMMU from what ive seen so far has lots of miscellaneous fees which when added up is an outrageous sum, though i'm not sure if I have to pay all those fees. I'd appreciate if someone could shed more light.

Thanks

Reply?? Anyone??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
Wow! I thought processing time is 21 days. I submitted mine on 2 of this month.

takin35:
Abuja,on 20/02/2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello house, how long does it take the embassy to process a visit visa in Lagos? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
21 workings day!
BOWOTO:
Hello house, how long does it take the embassy to process a visit visa in Lagos? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOWOTO(m): 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
ololo12:

21 workings day!
oh wow i thought it was 2 weeks..... A friend got his in two weeks tho.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 20, 2015
influential01:

@typop what the guy post is right due what happens to my colleague at work. He Apply for SA visa twice to visit his sister in SA, he got refused. And he later seek advice from a guy who let him knws that there is fasttrack that you pay amount of 60k. As he apply in January this true fasttrack he got his visa in the next 5days.
Same apply to my boss last year. He usually travels to Uk,US frequently.he and his family was denied SA visa.

hello pls,is it after the agent ve help u to gather all the document,and u went in urself for submission,then who re u going to pay fast track to,and someone use fasttracking after submission,how many days will it take for d visa to come out,tanx,pls need ur reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:15am On Mar 20, 2015
NellyGhenghen:
Hello house,

Thanks
NellyGhenghen:

Reply?? Anyone??

You ask a question and expect answers in just two hours? REALLY?? It's not like people are paid to proffer answers on this thread. People take some time out of their valuable time to help out here. Show some respect man.

To answer your question, while postgraduate studies are cheap, undergraduate studies are a lot more expensive in this country than in Nigeria. No matter how you look at it and depending on the institution, you will end up paying more than 50,000 Rands per session in most universities for medicine and surgery (usually without accommodation costs).

Please send a mail to the respective faculties explaining that you will love to have a breakdown of the annual costs for the duration of your studies as you are strongly considering applying to them.

And please, be polite in your mail to them, REALLY.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
TYPOP:

You ask a question and expect answers in just two hours? REALLY?? It's not like people are paid to proffer answers on this thread. People take some time out of their valuable time to help out here. Show some respect man.

To answer your question, while postgraduate studies are cheap, undergraduate studies are a lot more expensive in this country than in Nigeria. No matter how you look at it and depending on the institution, you will end up paying more than 50,000 Rands per session in most universities for medicine and surgery (usually without accommodation costs).

Please send a mail to the respective faculties explaining that you will love to have a breakdown of the annual costs for the duration of your studies as you are strongly considering applying to them. And please, be polite in your mail to them, REALLY.

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I came across as impolite, It wasn't intended.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2015
TYPOP:

Since you used an agent, he should be able to inform you as to why you were denied. It could be the reason you alluded to and could be a result of fraudulent documentation used by an agent.

As to your second question, let's think about it. Wouldn't it be necessary to take your baby's picture for the passport? Secondly, even if they succeed in getting the passport without your baby being present, stamping out of SA means immigration says they see your baby leaving SA. Unless you use illegal channels, it's impossible.

My advice, go to the embassy there in naija on the days for SA citizens, explaining that your daughter is a citizen. Then speak with the staff on ways of getting your daughter's passport. There may be a way out of this since she has her ID book. Don't let security prevent you as this embassy belongs to your daughter. At that level, your daughter has a right to enter without being stopped while you don't have such right cos you're Nigerian. However, your baby needs guidance, hence you must go in as well.

Cheers.
south african embassy dnt issu e out south african passport again in nigeria,they said I need to go to. SA to collect it,dat was last year,tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
I will advise you to send a mail to your school of choice so as to get an updated info on tuition fees & other misc fees. The fees shown on the website do not fully reflect the total cost of tuition as it varies from one programme to another. All the best
NellyGhenghen:
Hello house,

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
@yinksob002,please I'd like to know if your school offer a post graduate diploma course in education. Please help me and find out bro and how to go about it,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
NellyGhenghen:

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I came across as impolite, It wasn't intended.

Not a problem man. Simply wanted to clarify things. No hard feelings.

Cheers and all the best.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
MojAyo:
south african embassy dnt issu e out south african passport again in nigeria,they said I need to go to. SA to collect it,dat was last year,tanx

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that.

However, you should still talk to them to know the official channels available to you. Your baby has a right to be helped by them and they won't deny him such help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:11am On Mar 21, 2015
TYPOP:

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that.

However, you should still talk to them to know the official channels available to you. Your baby has a right to be helped by them and they won't deny him such help.
hmmm,u dnt even knw how rude dat black lady at the counter is,however if I went there back to knw what official channels available,they will want to see my old passport which I use while iin SA to give birth to my baby,dats where the overstay case will now come into show,dear,lemme go and collect it in SA,its vry easy to collect in SA,tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by takin35(m): 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
Thank God I got mz visa yesterday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
Cool men! I think mine will be out next week wink I'm hopeful wink when you heading to South?

takin35:
Thank God I got mz visa yesterday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 2:24am On Mar 22, 2015
Hello house, I have 3 questions:
-what is the correct address of the visa application center (for visit visa) in lagos?. I see different addresses online.
-can the visa application Form be downloaded online, filled and then taken For submission at the application center?
-should be entire yellow vaccination card be photocopied and submitted during application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by takin35(m): 6:31am On Mar 22, 2015
By second week of next month.thanks
ololo12:
Cool men! I think mine will be out next week wink I'm hopeful wink when you heading to South?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:25am On Mar 22, 2015
You can visit www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria for info on d correct address and how to download the visitors visa application form. For the yellow card, all u need is a copy of d front page and all d stamped pages. However, take your original card along in case they might want to sight it.
godownson:
Hello house, I have 3 questions:
-what is the correct address of the visa application center (for visit visa) in lagos?. I see different addresses online.
-can the visa application Form be downloaded online, filled and then taken For submission at the application center?
-should be entire yellow vaccination card be photocopied and submitted during application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2015
yinksob002:
You can visit www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria for info on d correct address and how to download the visitors visa application form. For the yellow card, all u need is a copy of d front page and all d stamped pages. However, take your original card along in case they might want to sight it.
Thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dabash: 7:01am On Mar 24, 2015
Please every one in the house, how much is the current SA visa fee and service charge, where can I get Yellow vaccination card, how much is the minimum balance that should be on my statement of account as I am planning to submit for a visitor visa at SA, also will I need pay slip as am going on conference and training through my working place or you can kindly help me list the necessary document I need to arrange. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samyan12: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2015
MojAyo:
hmmm,u dnt even knw how rude dat black lady at the counter is,however if I went there back to knw what official channels available,they will want to see my old passport which I use while iin SA to give birth to my baby,dats where the overstay case will now come into show,dear,lemme go and collect it in SA,its vry easy to collect in SA,tanx
SA has stopped fining for overstay, since mid last year, dey issue a ban for 5 yrs. I hope u left earlier than this.period, and paying fine still applies to u. So u don't get any surprises at ORTambo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
@Yinksob002,bro please I'd like to know the tuition fee range for a pdg programs in wits,thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by katesmith362: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
Pls help me out with your advice,I have submited my tourist visa application to the south africa embassy in abuja and since the first sms was got over 3weeks now I have not been able to get another one.but I do track it and it shows under assessment but right now I try to track it.I got different result which says... My process application process is ready at the south africa embassy in Abuja but yet I don't know if the visa is ready..can you pls advise coz that's the only hope for me.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.