Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738560 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Xeedorf: 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
godownson:
Was it a visit visa? Did you do it yourself or you used an agent?
Guru in the House Please what can I do? I applied for a visiting visa on the 21st of may and today makes it 9weeks and no message from vfs yet.pls your opinion is needed. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tbatbaby(f): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2015
Hello everyone! pls I need advice for a friend. His friend frm SA is advicing him to come to SA thru study(pgd ) cos he is an HND gra
duate dat finished with lower credit with d intention of working while studying? he studied elect/elect engineering. pls, how realistic is dis offer? could he be given admission with his reasult? what other options could he make do with? thanks as my question is directed to all gurus who can help.thanks as I read ur responses!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emperorlog: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
yinksob002:
The maiden name on her passport poses no problem provided you include a copy of your marriage certificate. Secondly, each applicant will pay visa fees individually. The following docs are required:
1) Duly completed visitors visa application form
2) Valid International passport
3) Two passport photo each (White background)
4) Flight reservation
5) Paid Hotel booking in SA
6) Six mths bank statement i.e proof of sufficient funds for the proposed trip
7) Yellow fever vaccination card
cool Letter of Introduction introducing yourself and other members of your family as well as the purpose and duration of the intended trip, your current occupation e.t.c
9) Copy of your marriage certificate
10) Proof of employment ( Business documents if self employed or employers letter of introduction & pay slips)

Thanks so much. I will put these together and get back to the house on outcome. God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
tbatbaby:
Hello everyone! pls I need advice for a friend. His friend frm SA is advicing him to come to SA thru study(pgd ) cos he is an HND gra
duate dat finished with lower credit with d intention of working while studying? he studied elect/elect engineering. pls, how realistic is dis offer? could he be given admission with his reasult? what other options could he make do with? thanks as my question is directed to all gurus who can help.thanks as I read ur responses!

The offer is not bad but he can apply for 5years (critical skill visa) since he is qualified from Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
samtol4:
The offer is not bad but he can apply for 5years (critical skill visa) since he is qualified from Nigeria
Please what is the criteria or requirements for this critical visa application,thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
samtol4:

But wat abt the new migration law--I tot critical skills can onli be guaranteed with a PhD. or am I getting Sumtin wrong?? I have a few friends whose applications were bounced because deyve nt completed der PhD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Juwohn:

But wat abt the new migration law--I tot critical skills can onli be guaranteed with a PhD. or am I getting Sumtin wrong?? I have a few friends whose applications were bounced because deyve nt completed der PhD
Check page 157 someone just got CS visa. I know he has only HND (Mech. Eng.) and he got a 5 year Critical Skill visa in Lagos. I don't think Phd is the only criteria. That guy was given a Technician grade which is below what will be given a Master/Phd holder. #MyThought

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Juwohn:

Critical skills simply implies skills that are scarce and in high demand in SA.The following are qualified to apply for critical skill Visa/permit .Engineers ,technicians,medical personnel (doctors,nurses ,laboratories scientist etc),Experienced Carpenter,welder,machine operators and other field that is science oriented .PhD holders in any field also can apply for critical skill.PhD candidates that are not in the above mentioned field are not qualify for critical skills.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
I'm invited for a conference in SouthAfrica in the month of September. I just received the letter to be presented at the embassy, I will appreciate if anyone can guide me with how to start my application for Visa at South African Embassy, the documents required, the Embassy's address in Lagos. The amount required for the processing and the price of the flight ticket.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
Guys I need ur help with something urgent I registered and applied for a course on unisa student portal I logged on uploaded my certificates from school but don't see space for uploading my tertiary academic records and also my waec cert but I uploaded my ND and HND certificates.am I safe or I should logg in with another email and try and apply again with a different I'd document

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2015
The requirements are:
1) International passport
2) Duly completed visitors visa application form
3) Letter of Invitation to the conference
4) Paid hotel booking
5) Flight reservation
6) Bank statement
7) Employers letter of introduction or self introduction letter if you are self employed
cool Yellow fever vaccination card
9) Other supporting documents
10) Visa application fee (N20,600) payable at the visa application centre at third roundabout in Lekki phase1, opposite treasure garden estate.
Note that ticket fares depend on the airline you opt for. This could fall within the range of N95,000 to N115,000.
cornoil:
I'm invited for a conference in SouthAfrica in the month of September. I just received the letter to be presented at the embassy, I will appreciate if anyone can guide me with how to start my application for Visa at South African Embassy, the documents required, the Embassy's address in Lagos. The amount required for the processing and the price of the flight ticket.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for the response. Can I reserve an hotel and pay when I get to South Africa? Also about the flight reservation,can I pay for it after I have obtained or sure of the visa?
yinksob002:
The requirements are:
1) International passport
2) Duly completed visitors visa application form
3) Letter of Invitation to the conference
4) Paid hotel booking
5) Flight reservation
6) Bank statement
7) Employers letter of introduction or self introduction letter if you are self employed
cool Yellow fever vaccination card
9) Other supporting documents
10) Visa application fee (N20,600) payable at the visa application centre at third roundabout in Lekki phase1, opposite treasure garden estate.
Note that ticket fares depend on the airline you opt for. This could fall within the range of N95,000 to N115,000.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lobay24: 8:20am On Aug 19, 2015
tTo give you a kindeed advise he can admission from nigeria than coming here because you have to go back to change it. Secondly you cannot get any job at all. is better you bring your money. truth is bitter.

tbatbaby:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2015
No, it has to be a paid hotel booking to boost your chances of getting visa but the flight reservation can be done without making any payment until you get your visa. Also, remember to hold two passport photo with white background.
cornoil:
Thanks for the response. Can I reserve an hotel and pay when I get to South Africa? Also about the flight reservation,can I pay for it after I have obtained or sure of the visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Thanks bro, pls where is the South African Embassy Located in Lagos. I heard it's in IKEJA.
yinksob002:
No, it has to be a paid hotel booking to boost your chances of getting visa but the flight reservation can be done without making any payment until you get your visa. Also, remember to hold two passport photo with white background.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
Check my earlier post. I stated it there.[Qquote author=cornoil post=37114010]Thanks bro, pls where is the South African Embassy Located in Lagos. I heard it's in IKEJA.
[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Kindly direct me to the site I can use for my flight reservation.
yinksob002:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Anyone to guide me on how to make flight reservation without pay and it won't be cancelled so soon because of the embassy confirmation.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bimsebony: 11:10am On Aug 20, 2015
Please I am apply for SA visa and need to book for a hotel . Yet not pay, how do I go about this please. Urgent reply need please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lasisima: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
please I want to apply for undergraduate admission for my sister in South Africa. I hereby need your help and advice may be you can help me with good university that pay low tuition fees. Our family can afford 1m for her annually. And if less the better it is. Please the whole house I need your advice and help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
Try flysaa.com, you can reserve the ticket without payment and print out the confirmation. That should suffice.
cornoil:
Anyone to guide me on how to make flight reservation without pay and it won't be cancelled so soon because of the embassy confirmation.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
Its not advisable to do an unpaid booking as far as SA visitors visa application is concerned as it might lead to refusal. I will advise you to do a paid booking with option of cancellation. However, u can try agoda.com, All the best
Bimsebony:
Please I am apply for SA visa and need to book for a hotel . Yet not pay, how do I go about this please. Urgent reply need please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
lasisima:
please I want to apply for undergraduate admission for my sister in South Africa. I hereby need your help and advice may be you can help me with good university that pay low tuition fees. Our family can afford 1m for her annually. And if less the better it is. Please the whole house I need your advice and help.

You have posted this for
France, Germany, Dubai, USA, Canada, Finland, Netherlands and South Africa.
Do you expect other people to research and reply for every school in every country?

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by igelomo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
I submitted my SA tourist visa for renewal late Monday evening ( 17th August) and i received an SMS today around 3pm to pick up my passport at VFS Lagos. That was so freaking fast (though, i am bein invited the the SA Tourism team themselves...i am a travel blogger by the way) Apparenly, i want to believe i have the visa grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by igelomo(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
yinksob002:
Its not advisable to do an unpaid booking as far as SA visitors visa application is concerned as it might lead to refusal. I will advise you to do a paid booking with option of cancellation. However, u can try agoda.com, All the best

Hmmm, its important you have a paid hotel...even though, my first ever application to SA wasnt a paid hotel but maybe i was lucky. You can do a reservation where you will pay for a night and the remaining when you arrive
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
cornoil:
Thanks.
Google flight booking SA airline site or Arik airline then follow the instruction .No point sending your passport to anyone just learn to do it yourself incase of next time .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by igelomo(m): 5:10am On Aug 21, 2015
samtol4:
Google flight booking SA airline site or Arik airline then follow the instruction .No point sending your passport to anyone just learn to do it yourself incase of next time .

Oga calm down, its not am gonna do anything with the passport data page...its just a data page you know. The only reason why i asked was to have the exact names as it is on the passport. I don't even think telling him to Google his way through is any way better. Anywayz, you can follow his advise but make sure you make the reservation at least a day before you submit your application. Unpaid flight reservations general last for 24hrs before the airline cancels it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yasky01: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2015
How many

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.