Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733394 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NanaF: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oseni007:
My visitor visa was denied...I submitted on the 5th Feb,got d UPS dispatch dis morning.
The refusal note states"Document not convincing"
I submitted the following documents;
Yellow Card
Personal Statement of Acc of 900k
Intro letter from work
Letter of intent
Paid Hotel reservation
Booked flight with SAA
Photocopy of Work ID
My payslip from work.
Please house,am i missing any other tin or how does one convince the visa officer abt purpose of visit.
I have attached the refusal letter,ur advice and responses will b appreciated.
Thanks.

How was your account statement? Was it a bulk deposit towards the end that made it 900k?

Hotel reservation, was it booked directly with the hotel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
Thanks for your response.
The account statement wasn't a bulk deposit,made a cashflow of over 6months.
I booked directly with the hotel,Holiday Inn Sandton, Johannesburg
NanaF:

How was your account statement? Was it a bulk deposit towards the end that made it 900k?

Hotel reservation, was it booked directly with the hotel?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NanaF: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oseni007:
Thanks for your response.
The account statement wasn't a bulk deposit,made a cashflow of over 6months.
I booked directly with the hotel,Holiday Inn Sandton, Johannesburg

Mehn i can't find any fault.

They know best then..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
I was shocked myself dis morning....been wondering all day. A frnd of mine got Hotel booking cancelled while another got Invalid hotel
Will reapply soon. I appreciate ur response
NanaF:

Mehn i can't find any fault.

They know best then..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oseni007:
My visitor visa was denied...I submitted on the 5th Feb,got d UPS dispatch dis morning.
The refusal note states"Document not convincing"
I submitted the following documents;
Yellow Card
Personal Statement of Acc of 900k
Intro letter from work
Letter of intent
Paid Hotel reservation
Booked flight with SAA
Photocopy of Work ID
My payslip from work.
Please house,am i missing any other tin or how does one convince the visa officer abt purpose of visit.
I have attached the refusal letter,ur advice and responses will b appreciated.
Thanks.

What countries have you been to in the last 5 years ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zico70: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
I was given a paper to sign for undesirability and I was told I can make appeal to the nearest south africa embasy within 10 working days of receiving d paper. On my passport was stamped with 11 days and something like RCU 21(3) (A)

staggerlee:

What did dey stamp on your passport as you were exiting SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by da3pu0(m): 5:02am On Feb 23, 2016
pls house. i want to apply for south africa visa and dont knwo anything about visa application. i only have a virgin passport. how can i go about it pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 6:38am On Feb 23, 2016
Oseni007:
I was shocked myself dis morning....been wondering all day. A frnd of mine got Hotel booking cancelled while another got Invalid hotel
Will reapply soon. I appreciate ur response
Boss seems na wetin dy flow be that o. A pal of mine got Invalid hotel as well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:58am On Feb 23, 2016
This is why i always advise people to do a paid hotel booking and save yourself unnecessary stress and denials. Coincidentally, it happened to a friend of mine too who used the same hotel but got his visa after re-applying later with a paid hotel booking.
The truth is that it's always advisable to do a paid booking and cancel it once your visa comes out. The SA embassy doesn't joke with it at all.[Qzquote author=roblance post=43168229]Boss seems na wetin dy flow be that o. A pal of mine got Invalid hotel as well. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:59am On Feb 23, 2016
zico70:

I was given a paper to sign for undesirability and I was told I can make appeal to the nearest south africa embasy within 10 working days of receiving d paper. On my passport was stamped with 11 days and something like RCU 21(3) (A)

Ordinarily it is not advisable to overstay ones visa, but with that said, i think normally because you did not overstay up to 30days your undesirability should be lifted automatically after one year. check the letter they gave you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:18am On Feb 23, 2016
roblance:
Boss seems na wetin dy flow be that o. A pal of mine got Invalid hotel as well.

it is getting harder and harder to get into SA now just by using hotel booking, hence, it is better for anyone coming via hotel booking to get someone in SA to book and pay for the hotel, get you a receipt of payment plus if he uses a card (credit or debit) to pay the pos receipt too should be added. if the resident of SA that got you the hotel booking is scanning these receipts to you, then he/she should certify it from a police station before scanning.
I do this a lot for relatives that visit. Also get an itinerary of what you intend to do in SA and attach it. buy tickets of tour buses or tour guides attach them to your application. if really you any one is coming as a tourist they want to see all these.
If you are just visiting, then get someone in SA with a legal immigration status to invite you

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2016
Entry at J'Bourg Intl airport is becoming tighter than ever. Get your documents ready at all times, no dulling.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2016
None bt I v applied to Canada and the US though
abnot:

What countries have you been to in the last 5 years ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 10:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Pls wat site can I get a tour bus ticket or tour guide.thanks
staggerlee:

it is getting harder and harder to get into SA now just by using hotel booking, hence, it is better for anyone coming via hotel booking to get someone in SA to book and pay for the hotel, get you a receipt of payment plus if he uses a card (credit or debit) to pay the pos receipt too should be added. if the resident of SA that got you the hotel booking is scanning these receipts to you, then he/she should certify it from a police station before scanning.
I do this a lot for relatives that visit. Also get an itinerary of what you intend to do in SA and attach it. buy tickets of tour buses or tour guides attach them to your application. if really you any one is coming as a tourist they want to see all these.
If you are just visiting, then get someone in SA with a legal immigration status to invite you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 11:01am On Feb 23, 2016
I thought it was a joke oooo wen I saw "Documents not convincing" and "Invalid hotel"....that kind joke say Visa still dey come,dey road bt no follow passport quote author=roblance post=43168229]Boss seems na wetin dy flow be that o. A pal of mine got Invalid hotel as well. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Oseni007:
None bt I v applied to Canada and the US though

Were your applications to the Canadian high commission and the TS embassy successful? I dont see why a tourist visa to RSA should be hard. Am suspecting that your lack of travel history influenced their decision to deny your application with the "non-convincing" clause. May be you should consider building your travel history with countris like GHana, Senegal or Dubai then give SA another try.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:56am On Feb 23, 2016
Oseni007:
Pls wat site can I get a tour bus ticket or tour guide.thanks

Get someone in RSA to do it for you or try Google
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solomonoware: 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
pls I will be traveling to south africa on Sunday am from Ghana ,but my problem is I have misplaced my yellow card but I have the receipt Dey issuedme at the hospital on de day I went for it. and my question is can I send the receipt Dey gave me at the hospital to retrieve my yellow card with the same information because I learnt I need to stay for ten 10days before I travel...but if with my receipt they can get my old one for me then am cul to travel pls how true is dat or can I get a new one without waiting for any 10days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
No,they were nt....bt the irony is that I was even trying to get a SA visit visa to build my travel history.....I felt mayb it was d Canada visa label @ the back cover of the passport that influence the visa officer decision cuz non-convincing sounds strange.
abnot:

Were your applications to the Canadian high commission and the TS embassy successful? I dont see why a tourist visa to RSA should be hard. Am suspecting that your lack of travel history influenced their decision to deny your application with the "non-convincing" clause. May be you should consider building your travel history with countris like GHana, Senegal or Dubai then give SA another try.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oseni007(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
OK bro....thanks
staggerlee:

Get someone in RSA to do it for you or try Google
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oseni007:
No,they were nt....bt the irony is that I was even trying to get a SA visit visa to build my travel history.....I felt mayb it was d Canada visa label @ the back cover of the passport that influence the visa officer decision cuz non-convincing sounds strange.

Thought as much but wanted to be sure. How good is your salary and all? Try Ghana first, then may be UAE before RSA or EU... Although you can still get a US, UK or schegen visa on a blank passport however for people who find it difficult with a good number denials , it will be better to build a travel history first with these low risk countries in africa/middle east
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
Solomonoware:
Thank God, i have gotten my 3months single entry visa... But I want to know how to renew it when is about to expire. Thank you
You can only renew in Nigeria. the same process you got this one
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
Oseni007:

am trying to build my travel history as well, have been to Ghana and Dubai this year. just want to add SA, but as dm don f**k up, I don dy fast and pray. USA is next. this time around, na to first pay for hotel sef.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by afolakemi: 9:17am On Feb 24, 2016
yansky:

What's the withdrawal and swiping limit

You can only use Ecobank MasterCard or Visacard in South Africa and their limit for cash and swiping is $100

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Y is this thread dry, anyway should be in lagos in april after 26 months away
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by momasenny(f): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
I wonder oooo, pls guys comment ooo, I need more info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:55am On Feb 27, 2016
momasenny:
I wonder oooo, pls guys comment ooo, I need more info.

What info?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by momasenny(f): 11:23am On Feb 27, 2016
Submitted my temporary residential permit application with my 2 kids, a boy and a girl on d 15th of Jan in Abuja. Till today am yet to hear from them, hubby stay and work in SA, I don't understand why my application is still on transit.
House pls what do u think? Cos I got all d information I needed here on thread
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:35am On Feb 27, 2016
momasenny:
Submitted my temporary residential permit application with my 2 kids, a boy and a girl on d 15th of Jan in Abuja. Till today am yet to hear from them, hubby stay and work in SA, I don't understand why my application is still on transit.

You need to call and ask. It should be out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
momasenny:
I'm must be out out. A guy applied for study visa on 13th January and was approved by 5th February. I applied mine on 9th February I'll go check on 1st March. I hope It's approved
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jewel4u: 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Can someone please advise me on the current exchange rate of rand to naira via either ATM withdrawal/ Online transaction.

please it is urgent.
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:12am On Feb 28, 2016
jewel4u:
Can someone please advise me on the current exchange rate of rand to naira via either ATM withdrawal/ Online transaction.

please it is urgent.
Thank you.

Between 20 to 23 naira to 1 rand

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.