Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1827864 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (936) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oluwaskinny: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
I am tired of waiting on this text! Its almost a month now,still no news.... This is really worry some! Please gurus in the house should help out with useful information!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
staggerlee:

U should do ur MBA at either UCT (GSB), GIBBS (UP), Witts or Stellinbosch anyothr place in SA for MBA is a waste of time.
The least u can pay for any of the schools is R200k living expenses for a year being conservative is btw 8 to 10k rands a month

Fully agreed, such degree would earn you strong networks and a big place in industry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
Oluwaskinny:
I am tired of waiting on this text! Its almost a month now,still no news.... This is really worry some! Please gurus in the house should help out with useful information!

What class of Visa did you apply for?

To my own question: If you are on a study permit in SA at one school and you get a scholarship at another Uni in SA, can you use same study permit or you have to reapply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 5:45am On Apr 13, 2016
ife01:
Some interesting academic discourse going on here ..... interesting smiley

Meanwhile, does anyone know the current exchange rate for Rand at the BDCs in MMIA?

#22 the last I checked. Why not buy from a bank? Stanbic sells @ 18.5.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oluwaskinny: 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
I applied for visiting! Cause I just wanna go on vacation for couple of weeks
stevetop:

What class of Visa did you apply for?

To my own question: If you are on a study permit in SA at one school and you get a scholarship at another Uni in SA, can you use same study permit or you have to reapply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
At last i got my study visa.Submitted 9th February and got the visa 11th april. Thanks yll for the help

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
@ naruto 02 congrats hpy for you. so u submit d application form at embassy or vfs. so whats d reason for the delay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
stevetop:

#22 the last I checked. Why not buy from a bank? Stanbic sells @ 18.5.

Wow.. This came in late, I already paid the price cry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MrDojo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
naruto02:
At last i got my study visa.Submitted 9th February and got the visa 11th april. Thanks yll for the help

Congrats bro....

Pls can I ask you on all the procedures involved...thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adefas: 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
Good evening,
Pls is possible for Bsc in Computer Science working as Programme Analysis with government for the pass 4years apply for South Africa Critical Skill Worker Visa? When check the lists of required fields Programme Analysis was not there. What is the cost of tuitions fees for Master Programme (Msc) in South Africa?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 2:21am On Apr 14, 2016
segzy201:
@ naruto 02 congrats hpy for you. so u submit d application form at embassy or vfs. so whats d reason for the delay.
it was at the embassy in abuja.No delay came from my side.Its them who always say its not ready.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 2:26am On Apr 14, 2016
[quote author=MrDojo post=44679715]

Congrats bro....

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dfhfd9: 5:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Preppie:

Hello,

I have just been admitted for a Masters degree in UCT. I would like to know what I really need to present at the VFS office in order to apply for a Study Permit and what the financial implications may be.Though I have gone through the VFS website, I realise that there may be some requirement which may alo be necessary but may not be expressly stated there. Is the letter of admission from the school required because what I have is the offer letter sent by email to me by the Institution. If the letter of admission is sent to me via email, can it be used for this pupose.

Thanks.
Please keep update, what's going on. Waiting to see the next.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MrDojo(m): 6:16am On Apr 14, 2016
naruto02:
no much procedure.After submitting docs and passport at the embassy they'll tell you to check back after 6weeks (study visa) and you'll have to keep waiting.Dont rely on calling their contact number its not helpful.

Thank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 7:36am On Apr 14, 2016
Any N'lander in UKZN (Westville)? I need to be shown around. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2016
ife01:
Yes I can show you around send PM to me .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2016
@Preppie You wont apply at the VFS centre for a study visa, rather you have to go to the High commission. You also have to contact your school's international office to send you a letter to the embassy, they will state several things that the embassy needs to see on the letter.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
ife01:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henryogb(m): 6:37am On Apr 15, 2016
wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZiggyMr(m): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2016
Hello guys, saqa billed me 1668rands for my evaluation, hw much ll dat be in Naira, I don't knw d rate they ll charge me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
tanks house i hv my Study permit nw. Kudos to all dat contribute

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
Been in lagos for about 10 days, going back sunday night anyone flying SAA on sunday night? Let's hook up

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
segzy201:
tanks house i hv my Study permit nw. Kudos to all dat contribute
congrats bro.. what skul?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Biolypop: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Pls i need help In the house about South African study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:25am On Apr 17, 2016
I'm in Johannesburg for 2 weeks. Holla if you'll like to hang out and have some time out.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
Biolypop:
Anyone in the house who's gonna help about study permit for SA
They have dealth with this issue of study permit, anyway what do u wanna know about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
which kind of help for study permit to SA? put ur questions and guy will comment on it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyaaliyah: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hello, happy sunday to you all. pls i need answers to the following questions:
1. I am going to SA for xxxxxxxx, the xxXxx is willing to give letter to the embassy, will i submit in vfs or Abuja?
2. How long does the visa take to be issued?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
iyaaliyah:
1. I am going to SA for medical treatment, the hospital is willing to give letter to the embassy, will i submit in vfs or Abuja?
3. How can i move from CapeTown to Pretoria? I have checked online for airlines, trains or something, can find any useful info.
Thanks.

You submit at VFS, they have offices at Abuja, Lagos and PH. The duration is about two weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
iyaaliyah:
1. I am going to SA for medical treatment, the hospital is willing to give letter to the embassy, will i submit in vfs or Abuja?
3. How can i move from CapeTown to Pretoria? I have checked online for airlines, trains or something, can find any useful info.
Thanks.

You can take a flight from Capetown to Pretoria. You can check for cheap ones on Tripadvisor

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
ZiggyMr:
Hello guys, saqa billed me 1668rands for my evaluation, hw much ll dat be in Naira, I don't knw d rate they ll charge me.

You can pay with your Mastercard or Visa. The rate is between 18 and 20 naira

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (936) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.