Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1745259 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 10:32am On Aug 18, 2016
c:

We have addressed this so many times on this thread. Dox needed includes 1. Hotel booking or invitation letter 2. Flight reservation 3. Letter of introduction 4. Bank statements 4. Vaccination card. You can not use free cancellation reservation to get a visa, its advisable to use paid hotel booking

@staggerlee but most of the hotels on booking.com have free cancellation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jainine(f): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hi guys.
Does anyone know what the exchange rate is for Naira to rand or Dollar to rand?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
mzjennypher:

@staggerlee but most of the hotels on booking.com have free cancellation.

Its better to use a paid booking that's all I can say
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by heemran: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jainine:

Quantity needed?
1500 - 2000rand
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
You will be automatically turned back if you book hotels via third party websites such as hotel.com, booking.com, etc. You need to show evidence that your hotel booking was made directly with the hotel. It's clearly stated in the requirement sheet and announced every morning by VFS before they commence work. Thanks @stagerlee for pointing this out.
staggerlee:

Its better to use a paid booking that's all I can say
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
TokyoBulls:
You will be automatically turned back if you book hotels via third party websites such as hotel.com, booking.com, etc. You need to show evidence that your hotel booking was made directly with the hotel. It's clearly stated in the requirement sheet and announced every morning by VFS before they commence work. Thanks @stagerlee for pointing this out.
@TokyoBulls Pls how can i book the hotel, kindly assist.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
mzjennypher:

@TokyoBulls Pls how can i book the hotel, kindly assist.

@TokyoBulls or gurus in the house pls ow can i book paid hotels without using third parties like booking.com or hotels.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
mzjennypher:

@TokyoBulls or gurus in the house pls ow can i book paid hotels without using third parties like booking.com or hotels.com
You can:
1. Go to a recognised travel agent like wakanow and tell them to pay for a hotel for you.
2. Ask someone in sa to use his/her naija debit card to pay for you in a hotel, you pay the person in naira, and the hotel issues you a receipt.
You can also go to the hotel's website and use your credit card to pay online

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
staggerlee:

You can:
1. Go to a recognised travel agent like wakanow and tell them to pay for a hotel for you.
2. Ask someone in sa to use his/her naija debit card to pay for you in a hotel, you pay the person in naira, and the hotel issues you a receipt.
You can also go to the hotel's website and use your credit card to pay online

@staggerlee thanks so much for ur response, while trying to book flight on arik I can see hotel bookings as well can I use that? because I cant go to wakanow cos of the nature of my job and I dnt know anyone in S.A
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Dayhor:
When the missus wants to join his hubby that's on doctorate research in the republic, what bank statements should be used in her application since her stay will be footed entirely by the hubby - the husband's bank statement at home or abroad?
Is it okay to introduce herself as a student or as just an independent pâtissier? @staggerlee

She can use either of the two bank statements or she can use both, she should just make sure that whatever bank statement(s) she decides to use, there is more than enough cash flow in it.
She also can introduce herself as a student who depends on her spouse for sustainance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:05am On Aug 20, 2016
mzjennypher:

@staggerlee thanks so much for ur response, while trying to book flight on arik I can see hotel bookings as well can I use that? because I cant go to wakanow cos of the nature of my job and I dnt know anyone in S.A
I don't know what you saw on arik, I can't talk on that. If your trip is important to u, u will find time to go to wakanow, or send someone or call them. There is always a way round things.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by macjireh: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2016
why is everyone running away from UAE to settle at SA..... Pls advice me because I want to go and work in Dubai
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
Please I have been invited to come for a research conference that will last for a week. The invitation letter has been sent to me.

I want to ask that do I need the ticket and accommodation before I can apply for Visa? Or I can proceed with the visa application while waiting for my flight ticket and accommodation booking from the host.

Please I need urgent help on this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bedoab10k(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
staggerlee:

Student visas is only issued for the first time in your home country, doing SAQA in september is so late, unlesss your school does not require saqa for admission

The admission for the school i want to apply to close by December 31. so I think I can still make it.
from my enquiry Saqa is a Month and dia is one of 15days depending on d price. so I think I can still work it out. May God help me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
bedoab10k:

The admission for the school i want to apply to close by December 31. so I think I can still make it.
from my enquiry Saqa is a Month and dia is one of 15days depending on d price. so I think I can still work it out. May God help me

SAQA will tell you 15 days, but the problem is not SAQA its how fast your school responds, I will like to know the school that takes application till Dec. 31st
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Please I am begging someone should answer my question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
hello gurus in the house, pls is it possible to fill a certain location on ur application form and later change it when travelling? for instance cape town then change it to jo'burg. wld that pose as an issue at the POE?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Mikejordan:
Please I am begging someone should answer my question.

Is the host too responsible for your accommodation and flight?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bedoab10k(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
staggerlee:

SAQA will tell you 15 days, but the problem is not SAQA its how fast your school responds, I will like to know the school that takes application till Dec. 31st

Fort Hare University
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
macjireh:
why is everyone running away from UAE to settle at SA..... Pls advice me because I want to go and work in Dubai
.many reasons but the main reason i s that in SA u can study while waiting for job but in Dubai the School fees are extremely high.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
staggerlee:

Is the host too responsible for your accommodation and flight?

Yes the host is responsible for flight and accommodation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
mzjennypher:
hello gurus in the house, pls is it possible to fill a certain location on ur application form and later change it when travelling? for instance cape town then change it to jo'burg. wld that pose as an issue at the POE?
Yes once you get visa you can change without informing d embassy

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
Mikejordan:
Please I have been invited to come for a research conference that will last for a week. The invitation letter has been sent to me.

I want to ask that do I need the ticket and accommodation before I can apply for Visa? Or I can proceed with the visa application while waiting for my flight ticket and accommodation booking from the host.

Please I need urgent help on this.
You don't need ticket for application but you must have flight itinerary(booking not paid yet) and evidence of where you wil stay doing the program .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
First time I'm getting a two-year visit visa despite the frequent travels. Now I can become less frequent at VFS.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by macjireh: 4:35am On Aug 22, 2016
samuelUMOH:
.many reasons but the main reason i s that in SA u can study while waiting for job but in Dubai the School fees are extremely high.

but I think jobs are more available in Dubai Dan SA.... also too I heard DAT because of sharia, there are no women to chase there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jackbanks087: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2016
I was denied a South Africa visitors visa today the reason was DOCUMENTS LACK CREDIBILITY . i was kind angry because all my documents was real , statement of account has good history and amount . Am going there to visit a friend and also rest my head .

Does any one know what i can do or have any ideal about this issue your contribution would be highly appreciated .

Thanks Guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DieVluit: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2016
jackbanks087:
I was denied a South Africa visitors visa today the reason was DOCUMENTS LACK CREDIBILITY . i was kind angry because all my documents was real , statement of account has good history and amount . Am going there to visit a friend and also rest my head .

Does any one know what i can do or have any ideal about this issue your contribution would be highly appreciated .

Thanks Guys

Why must you stress about it? South Africa denied you a visa. Move on.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2016
DieVluit:

Why must you stress about it? South Africa denied you a visa. Move on.

If you were denied and you genuinely wanted to just visit, then its SA's loss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mikejordan: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
Please, after getting all the documents, do I also need statement of account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.