Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735328 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
@ Zzzalexzzz: I think you should hold up to 130k including the repatriation fees cos I paid some thing close to that. D medical because of the urgent timing it will not allow u to fully run all the test and xrays so if u can ur medical forms fill and stAmp by any Doctor in a govt hospital better for U.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
For ur yellow card go to the international airport in Lagos, u go to the embassy for ur study permit not vfs application centre.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
House how many dayz does it take for momentum insurance to process ur document after when u have made ur payment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kosoblanca: 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
House how many day does it take for momentum insurance to process ur document when they confirm ur payment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:28am On Jan 29, 2013
do i need to go with copies of the documents i used to secure the visa?would the immigration officials ask for them?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by toyinoluwaronke: 9:49am On Jan 29, 2013
Please my enquiry is nt really on visa bt still on S.A. can someone advise me on a business I can use to support myself in a city like capetown as I would recently be going there for my masters. I will be on a bursary but I have a savings of about 800k that I wnt to c ow I cn invest on a very small scale business there. Is there any good here in Nigeria I can be bringing in that would sell very well. Someone once told me about weavons and attchment. Would that be a good one or any other good. Your advices will be appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oyesams: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hello Guys....I just want to know why the SA Embassy in Lagos is delaying in issuing Visa now a days...My mum applied for a Visa on the 4th of January and up-till now the only thing we get online (apart from the sms they sent to her) is that her application is been received and under assessment at South African High commission in Lagos. Moreover we dont know if she ll pay repartration or not as nothing as been sent to her. Is there anyone experiencing the same issue? What can be delaying them?

Thanks and God Bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
kosoblanca: House how many day does it take for momentum insurance to process ur document when they confirm ur payment.
Once they confirm good receipt of your payment, confirmation will be sent to you via email and in less than three days it will be processed.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
opsy4real1: do i need to go with copies of the documents i used to secure the visa?would the immigration officials ask for them?
Go with your passport/visa, your ticket, hotel confirmation/letter of invitation, any form of identity card, repatriation receipt if you pay and try to have at least $500 in case if those hungry immigration officers ask of your BTA but i can assure you that nobody will ask you of BTA.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
toyinoluwaronke: Please my enquiry is nt really on visa bt still on S.A. can someone advise me on a business I can use to support myself in a city like capetown as I would recently be going there for my masters. I will be on a bursary but I have a savings of about 800k that I wnt to c ow I cn invest on a very small scale business there. Is there any good here in Nigeria I can be bringing in that would sell very well. Someone once told me about weavons and attchment. Would that be a good one or any other good. Your advices will be appreciated
Wave-on is nice, if you know how to barb hair, it's nice too, but to be sincere with you, i don't know much about Capetown though i have been there on two different occasion but there are more of white than black compare to jo'burg and some part of Pretoria full of blacks.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
oyesams: Hello Guys....I just want to know why the SA Embassy in Lagos is delaying in issuing Visa now a days...My mum applied for a Visa on the 4th of January and up-till now the only thing we get online (apart from the sms they sent to her) is that her application is been received and under assessment at South African High commission in Lagos. Moreover we dont know if she ll pay repartration or not as nothing as been sent to her. Is there anyone experiencing the same issue? What can be delaying them?

Thanks and God Bless
Patience is the key, if she needs to pay repatriation fee, the embassy will contact her via the phone, as first time applicant, sometimes it can be like that.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2013
Pls house,there is a space that am supposed to put my ticket no in d visa applicatn form. I av made online bookin and comfirmation av been sent to me, although i av not paid for it. No ticket no sent to me. Pls how will i get d ticket no?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otemitayo(m): 9:13am On Feb 02, 2013
Zzzalexzzz: Hello NLanders...Pls i'm in need of your urgent assistance with regards to detailed information.
I just received The Final admission letter for My Masters program At the UWC and i am in a hurry to process my Student Visa..I have taken my time to read the student Visa requirements on Page 7 of this thread. But i do need some clear explanation so there won't be room for any error; Classes begins 28 Jan as stated on d letter.

Sirs, Here are my Questions:
1. A duly completed application form signed by the applicant (BI-1738)...I can't find this form on the VFS SA website..I can only find the Form BI-84
How do i proceed?
2. Payment of the prescribed application fee...where will i make this payment
3. Medical cover in terms of a South African registered medical scheme...Please how do i get this from south africa.
4. A medical radiological report (chest X-ray) or (skin TB(test)... Ȋ̝̊̅§ it compulsory that the medical report be issued from a Federal Government or state Hospital or a private hospital will do?
5.Evidence of tuition payment/part payment depending on the school mode of payment...The Admission Letter that i received didn't say anytin abt payment b4 arrival, all it said was that International students must Pay Tuition in Full..They didn't include the full tuition amount..how shd i proceed regarding this
6. Evidence of accomodation; At this time i do not know if the school will provide ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ with accmdatn so i can pay for that or should i book for an hotel online so that i can make conclusion on my arrival.
7. A field on Form BI-84 says state of arrival...At this time i dunno if its a straight/Direct flight from Lagos to Western Cape or not or Ȋ̝̊̅§ WC always my state of arrival?
8. What should the content of the letter of introduction contain?
9. How do i book for my flight without making yhe payment first until i receive my Visa?

Friends..Pls if there Ȋ̝̊̅§ anything that i am missing out, pls do let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ know..i got the Yellow Fever card, SAQA sorted out

Thank Ɣ☺ΰ'all in anticipation of ur quickest response

Please I am now in a similar situation with you concerning the need to get study permit sorted out on time. I have all the requirements already, but I just got my final admission letter yesterday (01/02/2013) so will be applying at the Abuja High Commission on Monday (04/02/2012. The issue I have is I must be in SA latest by 21st of February as registration period lapses on 22nd. Can you please suggest (if there is) one or two ways in which I could get the SA High Commission to speed up the process? And any other info that might help. Thank you. @Collinsfbi, Zzzalexzzz et al
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otemitayo(m): 9:15am On Feb 02, 2013
Hello everyone. I need your inputs on how I can get my study permit sorted out on time. I have all the requirements already, but I just got my final admission letter yesterday (01/02/2013) so will be applying at the Abuja High Commission on Monday (04/02/2012). The issue I have is I must be in SA latest by 21st of February as registration period lapses on 22nd. Can you please suggest (if there is) one or two ways in which I could get the SA High Commission to speed up the process? And any other info that might help. Thank you. @Collinsfbi, Zzzalexzzz et al
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pls where is the SA visa application centre in Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cyril83(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
Babechemist01: Pls where is the SA visa application centre in Abuja
wuse 2 lobito crescent, when you get to abuja just look for cab drop,d price is 400naira from jabi park to wuse 2 lobito crescent

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
There is a space for ticket no and expire date on the SA application form.i av done d ticket booking online and d comfirmation mail has been sent to me but i av not paid. Is d invoice no dsame wit ticket no and wat do dey mean by expire date. Pls i need urgent reply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mayowura: 12:52am On Feb 03, 2013
Please is there any student presently studying in SA in here?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olympus76: 8:33am On Feb 03, 2013
Good day.pls can anyone help me out here.I got one year SA visa from accra ghana.can I board frm nigeria because the visa comes with ghana resident permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2013
otemitayo:

Please I am now in a similar situation with you concerning the need to get study permit sorted out on time. I have all the requirements already, but I just got my final admission letter yesterday (01/02/2013) so will be applying at the Abuja High Commission on Monday (04/02/2012. The issue I have is I must be in SA latest by 21st of February as registration period lapses on 22nd. Can you please suggest (if there is) one or two ways in which I could get the SA High Commission to speed up the process? And any other info that might help. Thank you. @Collinsfbi, Zzzalexzzz et al
There is no way the embassy can process your application earlier than the normal processing time, in order for your application not to be delayed, make sure you submit complete and genuine documents and put up a details visa application letter, stating the date you got your final admission letter and deadline for registration in your school and that you will appreciate quick processing of your permit to enable meet up with the registration deadline.

Besides, I think there is way you can do your registration from Nigeria, contact your school and let them know of your present predicament and let them inform you of what your need to do, such as study fee in which payment can be made from Nigeria. What school and in what part of SA is your school located?

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2013
Babechemist01: There is a space for ticket no and expire date on the SA application form.i av done d ticket booking online and d comfirmation mail has been sent to me but i av not paid. Is d invoice no dsame wit ticket no and wat do dey mean by expire date. Pls i need urgent reply.
Invoice number is not the same with ticket number, until you make payment you cannot be issued ticket number. Since you are using online booking reservation, leave the space blank, with your reservation confirmation, they know you cannot have ticket number.

Thank over n out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 11:07am On Feb 03, 2013
@collinsfbi.... Hey boss!! Now, I have #300k deposited into my account last "2-weeks". Though money have been coming in but always withdraw it. With this 300k deposited last "2-weeks", CAN I APPLY AND SUBMIT MY APPLICATION NOW THIS WEEK? Please help...thanks man!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
bobbyhenry: @collinsfbi.... Hey boss!! Now, I have #300k deposited into my account last "2-weeks". Though money have been coming in but always withdraw it. With this 300k deposited last "2-weeks", CAN I APPLY AND SUBMIT MY APPLICATION NOW THIS WEEK? Please help...thanks man!
You keep asking the same question for the past four months, did you abandon your admission from Britiish Academy? what about 150k in your acct? Has your aunt deposited that 200k in your acct now? The answers you seek now have given to you in the previous pages where you asked the same question. Do a flashback on your previous questions here on this thread, you will get what you want.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
olympus76: Good day.pls can anyone help me out here.I got one year SA visa from accra ghana.can I board frm nigeria because the visa comes with ghana resident permit.
Obviously I think you can fly from Naija but make a thorough enquiry on that and be sure you can fly and don't rely 100% on what I told you on this case.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
collinsfbi:
You keep asking the same question for the past four months, did you abandon your admission from Britiish Academy? what about 150k in your acct? Has your aunt deposited that 200k in your acct now? The answers you seek now have given to you in the previous pages where you asked the same question. Do a flashback on your previous questions here on this thread, you will get what you want.

Gbamm over n out

Thanks anyway but I have abandon the Film Academy because many people on NL said I should dis-virgin my passport first. I must confess to you, I've done lots of research to make it happen but still not working out. All I have now is 300k in my account as deposited by my aunty. All I wanna do is to visit SA for 2weeks all in the name of travelling experience...thats all.
Try and understand my case. If I know better, I won't be coming here to bother you just like others. We see you as one who can give the helpful info and that is why we keep asking questions not to go astray. If am disturbing you, Abeg no vex o.... No vex huh? Bless You!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by otemitayo(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
collinsfbi:
There is no way the embassy can process your application earlier than the normal processing time, in order for your application not to be delayed, make sure you submit complete and genuine documents and put up a details visa application letter, stating the date you got your final admission letter and deadline for registration in your school and that you will appreciate quick processing of your permit to enable meet up with the registration deadline.

Besides, I think there is way you can do your registration from Nigeria, contact your school and let them know of your present predicament and let them inform you of what your need to do, such as study fee in which payment can be made from Nigeria. What school and in what part of SA is your school located?

Gbamm over n out

Thanks for your response @collinsfbi. God bless you real good. The school is UKZN Pietermaritzburg. There is something I do not get, am I to write a separate application letter for visa? Or u ar referring to visa application form? I think I av all documents complete and ready, except that I only av 287k in my acct but my sponsor has around 1m in his SOC. Thanks as you reply asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3Runes: 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
Good day all. Thank you so much to all you decent folk that have been contributing to this very informative thread. I apologize in advance for my longish post. Please indulge me a bit since it's my first time here. I reside in Europe and am sponsoring my younger brother in Nigeria for a 3 months Viisual art workshop at the Field and Study Centre Johannesburg, from 1 march - 31 May. We are applying for a 3 months tourist visa.
I have a couple of questions/concerns, if you can please help me out.

- I am the financial sponsor for this trip and have provided
a) letter of financial sponsorship ;
b) my 6 months bank account statement from Europe with adequate funds in it.
c) My identification documents
d) The visa application form.
e) My brother's bank account statement with over 600k in it.
f) I will be paying for his accommodation as well as ticket and money to eat and other stuff.
g) The art studio sent an email confirming my payment and his participation in the workshop
h) The art studio also sent a letter of invitation stating that he is coming to participate in the workshop and that I will be covering all expenses
f) The owner of the art studio included her identification information

My concerns: I just read in the last page of this thread that documents from the 'host' must be certified in South Africa.
--Should I be concerned that neither of the docuements from the studio was 'certified'. I did not know about this until now and so never asked that they certify the letters. Our transactions have been via phone and email. We had done business before in Europe. The owners are not related to us or friends of ours.
--Since they are not in anyway responsible for my brother financially, does the embassy need letter of invitation with bank statements from them?
This is what the SA embassy emailed me when I started processing this and requested information from them .

(If you are visiting a relative or a family friend you will need to attach these other documents;
* Letter of invitation from the person living in South Africa with contact details,
* Proof of residence in form of utility bills,
* Certified copies of host’s passport data page.
* Host’s statement of account)

Obviously, staying in a hotel for 3 months is financial suicide.
- Can anyone suggest any place to get affordable rooms with kitchen and bathroom? I have been stalking gum tree and not getting any good deals or completely ignored when I mention he is a 26 year old Nigerian man sad
- Also when we find a place, are we to pay for the 3 months up front or will one month payment with a monthly rental contract suffice?
If you have read this far and without clicking off, thank you for your patience. Your helpful suggestions/tips are welcome. If I have overlooked anything, please also point out to me because I want to make sure the package he applies with is correctly done.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
bobbyhenry:

Thanks anyway but I have abandon the Film Academy because many people on NL said I should dis-virgin my passport first. I must confess to you, I've done lots of research to make it happen but still not working out. All I have now is 300k in my account as deposited by my aunty. All I wanna do is to visit SA for 2weeks all in the name of travelling experience...thats all.
Try and understand my case. If I know better, I won't be coming here to bother you just like others. We see you as one who can give the helpful info and that is why we keep asking questions not to go astray. If am disturbing you, Abeg no vex o.... No vex huh? Bless You!!!
The 300k is ok but it's not the normal amount required for tourist visa though it all depend on the number of days or weeks you plan to stay in SA. With your 300k, I will advise you to reduce your stay to a week when you fill in your visa form so as to reduce your hotel booking charges and to avoid denial as a result of insufficient fund. Let your flight reservation also cover one week. As for your lump-sum deposit from your aunt, let her write your letter of introduction because she's the one sponsoring your trip and let her attach a court affidavit of sponsorship with her bank statement and her data page. When your visa comes out then you book your ticket to cover the number of days or weeks you really plan to stay.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
3Runes: Good day all. Thank you so much to all you decent folk that have been contributing to this very informative thread. I apologize in advance for my longish post. Please indulge me a bit since it's my first time here. I reside in Europe and am sponsoring my younger brother in Nigeria for a 3 months Viisual art workshop at the Field and Study Centre Johannesburg, from 1 march - 31 May. We are applying for a 3 months tourist visa.
I have a couple of questions/concerns, if you can please help me out.

- I am the financial sponsor for this trip and have provided
a) letter of financial sponsorship ;
b) my 6 months bank account statement from Europe with adequate funds in it.
c) My identification documents
d) The visa application form.
e) My brother's bank account statement with over 600k in it.
f) I will be paying for his accommodation as well as ticket and money to eat and other stuff.
g) The art studio sent an email confirming my payment and his participation in the workshop
h) The art studio also sent a letter of invitation stating that he is coming to participate in the workshop and that I will be covering all expenses
f) The owner of the art studio included her identification information

My concerns: I just read in the last page of this thread that documents from the 'host' must be certified in South Africa.
--Should I be concerned that neither of the docuements from the studio was 'certified'. I did not know about this until now and so never asked that they certify the letters. Our transactions have been via phone and email. We had done business before in Europe. The owners are not related to us or friends of ours.
--Since they are not in anyway responsible for my brother financially, does the embassy need letter of invitation with bank statements from them?
This is what the SA embassy emailed me when I started processing this and requested information from them .

(If you are visiting a relative or a family friend you will need to attach these other documents;
* Letter of invitation from the person living in South Africa with contact details,
* Proof of residence in form of utility bills,
* Certified copies of host’s passport data page.
* Host’s statement of account)

Obviously, staying in a hotel for 3 months is financial suicide.
- Can anyone suggest any place to get affordable rooms with kitchen and bathroom? I have been stalking gum tree and not getting any good deals or completely ignored when I mention he is a 26 year old Nigerian man sad
- Also when we find a place, are we to pay for the 3 months up front or will one month payment with a monthly rental contract suffice?
If you have read this far and without clicking off, thank you for your patience. Your helpful suggestions/tips are welcome. If I have overlooked anything, please also point out to me because I want to make sure the package he applies with is correctly done.
If you are going to sponsor your brother then you have a role to play in terms of documentation, all the documents highlighted above are in order but try as much as possible to include court affidavit of sponsorship. You also have to write a detail letter of introduction, stating your relationship and many more attach to all your document and include your brother statement of account and invitation letter of participation from SA.

As for document certification issue, documents from recognised institution do not need certification but document from individual for instance if your brother is going to be accommodated by someone in SA then such documents from the person must be certified. If for instance there is no letter of invitation from anybody, the embassy will definitely expect your brother to provide accommodation to cover the whole three months and that maybe difficult, I will advise you to officially state two weeks or a week on your visa application form but then your brother will not include the letter of participation from SA and he must not disclose his real intention and the letter of introduction from you will only state that your brother is going on holiday. Without much ado, if you guys are financially buoyant, then you can arrange for accommodation payment to cover the whole three months.

Better still, you can look for an hotel where you can pay for a week or two and make reservation for the whole three months on the condition of balance payment either on arrival or at the expiration of the initial payment.

Gbamm

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 7:49am On Feb 04, 2013
collinsfbi:
The 300k is ok but it's not the normal amount required for tourist visa though it all depend on the number of days or weeks you plan to stay in SA. With your 300k, I will advise you to reduce your stay to a week when you fill in your visa form so as to reduce your hotel booking charges and to avoid denial as a result of insufficient fund. Let your flight reservation also cover one week. As for your lump-sum deposit from your aunt, let her write your letter of introduction because she's the one sponsoring your trip and let her attach a court affidavit of sponsorship with her bank statement and her data page. When your visa comes out then you book your ticket to cover the number of days or weeks you really plan to stay.

Gbamm over n out

Hehe!!! *faints* thanks so very much. So helpful. Thanks boss!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3Runes: 9:25am On Feb 04, 2013
Collins thank you very much for even reading my extra long diatribe and more so replying to it so fast. grin I will read through your reply and if I may, come back later if I need more information.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3Runes: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hi again smiley I have thought over your advise and it sounds really reasonable and well conceived.
I am back with a couple of follow up questions and I promise to leave you be.
- If we opt to apply for the one week or two weeks visa, what happens when he gets to SA? At the entry point will they not stamp him in for the two weeks only?. His workshop is genuinely 3 months- give or take a couple of days.
-If am able to find him accommodation and pay for it, can we dispense with asking the workshop givers for their letter of invitation, ID and bank account? (I can just picture their faces if I were to ask them for bank account statements.) So I'll do anything to avoid the humiliation of asking them.

Once again, thanks and remain blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.