Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737380 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
havefaithh: First i want to thank everybody here taking their time to answer others questions,Africa is proud of you all.......Please mate help me out on this,I apply for visiting visa to SA for the past 17 working days,I did not get any text from them at all and when i try to track it this is the message i do get..............(Your application is received and under assessment at "The South Africa High Commission,Lagos)
Till now is not ready,Now the question is Mate what can i do.
Thanks
It happens like that sometime most especially if you are applying for the first time. There is nothing to worry about provided you submit genuine documents, they will get back to you soon.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
chelseabmw: Greetings collins
My 3 months visa will expire on the 10th of this month and i will be leaving South africa... I arrived sa jan 8th and i left jan 27th and i came back again on the 19th of feb and i will be leaving on the 9th of march...Meaning that i followed the due process governing it. I want to apply again by march 15th, My question now is how many months do you think they will give to me since i entered south africa twice with my 3months visa?
It is usually at the discretion of the VO handling your visa, normally you should be given 6months or more but at the same time, you can be lucky to be given 3months tourist visa again. Remember! Visa is a privilege and not a right.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3Runes: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hello Collins,
Thanks for your patience and support.
I did exactly as was advised except I fully paid for one month accommodation because it was the same price as one week hotel, and we showed receipt from the guest house, added a letter from me explaining my relationship with my brother and the source of funds in his account. I also enclosed my 6 months bank account statement which was certified here. My brother enclosed his letter of introduction and his bank account statement. We gave every single thing they requested.
I am completely puzzled by the denial. His passport was not stamped but they indicated on paper "document not convincing". I don't even know how to begin to interpret that. I can testify that they did not even do any investigation because the manager of the guest house said they never got in contact with her. do you have an opinion of what in the world is going on? Do you know how soon he should reapply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 5:30am On Mar 04, 2013
The conference you are attending does it have a link with the where you are working? The link of your brothers relationship must be clearly stated. He is suppose to give you the Bio data of his passport. If you are working then they suppose to give you a leave letter from your place of work to show you are going to return after the conference. Actually your documentation is not convincing as they said . Paying for accomodation is not a problem with application but whenever someone is sponsoring you, they have to be convinced on that. Your account statetment does not even matter so far you convince them that your brother is really your sponsor. You can ask anything so that I understand the situation.

3Runes: Hello Collins,
Thanks for your patience and support.
I did exactly as was advised except I fully paid for one month accommodation because it was the same price as one week hotel, and we showed receipt from the guest house, added a letter from me explaining my relationship with my brother and the source of funds in his account. I also enclosed my 6 months bank account statement which was certified here. My brother enclosed his letter of introduction and his bank account statement. We gave every single thing they requested.
I am completely puzzled by the denial. His passport was not stamped but they indicated on paper "document not convincing". I don't even know how to begin to interpret that. I can testify that they did not even do any investigation because the manager of the guest house said they never got in contact with her. do you have an opinion of what in the world is going on? Do you know how soon he should reapply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3Runes: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks for you input but how exactly do you understand what they found "unconvincing?". If I knew, then we could immediately redress it. The link to my brother was clearly stated. Actually, all documents they requested from us was included there, including my passport bio page. My stamped bank statements, and I even took it down to our city hall and it was notarized. I would have completely withdrawn from the picture since he has enough money in his account but these are sums that I put there for his travel and I believe I must explain it as wonderfully advised here.

Well, onwards and forwards. There is no need crying over spilled milk as my father used to say. Although my brother has lost hope, I will advise him to try again. Does anybody know how long you have to wait before you reapply? And is it normal not to stamp the passport when visa is denied?. Pardon my many questions but it has been over 40 years since I was in Nigeria so I no longer know what the norm is. Which is why I am thankful for this forum.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2013
One can reapply even d second day d visa is denied as long as d passport is not stamped. Make sure u av d rit documents dis tym. But u will av to wait again for d normal processing tym.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2013
Anybody apply for saqa recently. please what documents did you submit and did you certified it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by havefaithh: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks very much and yes is my first time to SA but not my first time traveling and every of my document is genuine,I hope they get back to me in time because i still have something to do in UK too and i need to apply for UK in time.
collinsfbi: It happens like that sometime most especially if you are applying for the first time. There is nothing to worry about provided you submit genuine documents, they will get back to you soon.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
3Runes: Thanks for you input but how exactly do you understand what they found "unconvincing?". If I knew, then we could immediately redress it. The link to my brother was clearly stated. Actually, all documents they requested from us was included there, including my passport bio page. My stamped bank statements, and I even took it down to our city hall and it was notarized. I would have completely withdrawn from the picture since he has enough money in his account but these are sums that I put there for his travel and I believe I must explain it as wonderfully advised here.

Well, onwards and forwards. There is no need crying over spilled milk as my father used to say. Although my brother has lost hope, I will advise him to try again. Does anybody know how long you have to wait before you reapply? And is it normal not to stamp the passport when visa is denied?. Pardon my many questions but it has been over 40 years since I was in Nigeria so I no longer know what the norm is. Which is why I am thankful for this forum.
Did you include anything relating to the conference or training you are going for? if you do then i suspected that was where the problem came from. On the other hand i can still remember i specifically told you not to include any conference or training paper unless it is a recognized entity given approval to render such training as you can see from my commet below:
If you are going to sponsor your brother then you have a role to play in terms of documentation, all the documents highlighted above are in order but try as much as possible to include court affidavit of sponsorship. You also have to write a detail letter of introduction, stating your relationship and many more attach to all your document and include your brother statement of account and invitation letter of participation from SA.

As for document certification issue, documents from recognized institution do not need certification but document from individual for instance if your brother is going to be accommodated by someone in SA then such documents from the person must be certified. If for instance there is no letter of invitation from anybody, the embassy will definitely expect your brother to provide accommodation to cover the whole three months and that maybe difficult, I will advise you to officially state two weeks or a week on your visa application form but then your brother will not include the letter of participation from SA and he must not disclose his real intention and the letter of introduction from you will only state that your brother is going on holiday. Without much ado, if you guys are financially buoyant, then you can arrange for accommodation payment to cover the whole three months.

Better still, you can look for an hotel where you can pay for a week or two and make reservation for the whole three months on the condition of balance payment either on arrival or at the expiration of the initial payment.

Gbamm

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 1:15am On Mar 06, 2013
My SA Visa was denied yesterday after 35 working days..... REason Unverifiable flight booking... which i included the one i got from arik
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 6:33am On Mar 06, 2013
hello guys, please can anyone help with some information.

where in Abuja can one get a police report? and at what cost?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2013
P406: hello guys, please can anyone help with some information.

where in Abuja can one get a police report? and at what cost?

Don't try getting your police report from abuja...They don't accept it except from CID Alagbon in Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Babechemist01: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2013
ekundayomi: My SA Visa was denied yesterday after 35 working days..... REason Unverifiable flight booking... which i included the one i got from arik
. Is dat d only reason why d visa was denied or wat oda reasons was given?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oyesams: 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
My mum's Visa was denied yesterday after about 64 days: Reason for Denial DOCUMENTATION from host not legible (STAMP) even when all the document i sent to her was certified by the Post Office in South Africa and is clearly original. Anyway i have 2 questions

1. An insider told me they main reason is because she didn't use an agent... so i need an agent who can help since she has all the documents and i can even send another document asap.
2. i want to also know if she can proceed to Abuja to apply even if she initially applied in Lagos as i was told Abuja is a little bit Faster?

Thanks as always
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Zzzalexzzz:

Don't try getting your police report from abuja...They don't accept it except from CID Alagbon in Lagos.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

thanks for your response.
that is some serious expense there(the cost of going to and from Lagos and hotel accommodation).
but may I know why that from Abuja is not accepted?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
They usually stamp the passport if they want to punish you may be if found fake document on your application.

3Runes: Thanks for you input but how exactly do you understand what they found "unconvincing?". If I knew, then we could immediately redress it. The link to my brother was clearly stated. Actually, all documents they requested from us was included there, including my passport bio page. My stamped bank statements, and I even took it down to our city hall and it was notarized. I would have completely withdrawn from the picture since he has enough money in his account but these are sums that I put there for his travel and I believe I must explain it as wonderfully advised here.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
Agent will not solve ur problem. Get your documentation right and get your Visa.
oyesams: My mum's Visa was denied yesterday after about 64 days: Reason for Denial DOCUMENTATION from host not legible (STAMP) even when all the document i sent to her was certified by the Post Office in South Africa and is clearly original. Anyway i have 2 questions

1. An insider told me they main reason is because she didn't use an agent... so i need an agent who can help since she has all the documents and i can even send another document asap.
2. i want to also know if she can proceed to Abuja to apply even if she initially applied in Lagos as i was told Abuja is a little bit Faster?

Thanks as always
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 11:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
P406: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

thanks for your response.
that is some serious expense there(the cost of going to and from Lagos and hotel accommodation).
but may I know why that from Abuja is not accepted?

Hello Again, I don't seem to know why the PR from abuja is not accepted at the SA Abj embassy, i did witness a refusal last week when a friend came all the way from PH with no PR, then he tried all his best to get one from Abj...On presenting it at the embassy, The lady refused to accept it...Not only his case as other pple Have being refused submission due to the Abj PR.

The Physical diff to me is that the Lagos PR is a Certificate while that from Abj is a TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN kinda Letter. And also, the Forensic Dept for the Nigerian Police seem to be located @ CID.

What you may do because of travelin Cost, You can have your fingerprint sent to someone in lagos who will then take it to CID alagbon to get the Certificate. PR is @ 5K+. Note, You may need to know a policeman to help out. They may charge you more for not being present.

PS: Just a suggestion, I'm not sure if above will work.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2013
oyesams: My mum's Visa was denied yesterday after about 64 days: Reason for Denial DOCUMENTATION from host not legible (STAMP) even when all the document i sent to her was certified by the Post Office in South Africa and is clearly original. Anyway i have 2 questions

Thanks as always
Read your comment over and over again, the refusal was based on eligibility of the documents from your host, even if you certified such documents it will yield no positive outcome. There is a clear difference between eligibility and certification. I will advise you to get genuine documents for your mum or simply use a paid hotel reservation but if you feel agent is the only one that can solve the problem then go ahead but don't come back here to telling us any cork and bull story afterward.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please my friend is based in uk and he is coming to visit me in south africa from there....What requirements does he need? is Yellow card needed by him? and if yes where will he get them? which area?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please what are the requirements? he is not a citizen yet but just a student
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by clow(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Already appleid at Vfs office in lagos since on the 31st of Januray but still haven't gotten any Notification from them. Don't knw wy its taking so long.also I jus realised that my host sent just 3 months Bank statement + 6 months payslip along with other compulsory docs. I hope me presenting them just 3 months bank staement won't work against me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
nobody has responded to my inquiry abt tourist visa application processing time in abuja? Any1 applied recently and got result within the 6-10workn days?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bolexlove(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
My friend wanted to send me an invitation from South Africa and he asked me what he we need to send along with the invitation letter which I don't know. Can someone help me our please God bless u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
bolexlove: My friend wanted to send me an invitation from South Africa and he asked me what he we need to send along with the invitation letter which I don't know. Can someone help me our please God bless u
1..invitation letter(typed and signed by him)
2..his passport data page(certified in post office or police station in south africa)
3...his 3months utility bill(water and electricity)...we call it proof of residence here
4...his tenancy agreement that shows he has a place he/ she is staying
5....his bank account statement(if he will be sponsoring ur trip)...but if he is not the one sponsoring u, then he doesnt need to put it, just use us
6....his copy of residence permit( certified in post office or police station in south Africa)...it can be work or whatever permit, just to show that he is a legal resident

I think that's all...wish you all the best bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bolexlove(m): 3:05am On Mar 08, 2013
Thank u very much waleabimbola God bless u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Waleabimbola(m): 6:34am On Mar 08, 2013
bolexlove: Thank u very much waleabimbola God bless u
You welcome bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
collinsfbi,where art thou?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by debwealth: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
I have a pending application with the SA home office and I was issued a letter to return to my home country Nigeria for my wedding with the assurance the letter covers my to and fro, but unfortunately, my airline didn't board me after my wedding to return to SA, they demanded I do another visa.
My question is would I be given another visa because I intend to reapply, and what documents would I need to submit.
I didn't overstay but I have a pending application cos I stayed longer than 30 days.
Would appreciate your reply
Adebola
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kilmix: 1:37am On Mar 09, 2013
Plz I need help on the fees of masters in law in UKZN,cost of accomodation/year and the estimated amount money to spend/month. Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by joseman3: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
kilmix: Plz I need help on the fees of masters in law in UKZN,cost of accomodation/year and the estimated amount money to spend/month. Thanks a lot in anticipation.
I am also interested in the answer to this post. House pls anyone with useful info. Thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.