Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1741599 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 12:49pm On May 27, 2018
It's Abuja. Amen
ERIN01:

@J132c and @Newuse....
I hope non of u submitted in Abuja?
D fast processing is happening in lagos ,Abuja not matching their Lagos counterpart...

Ands if u guys submitted in Lagos..since recently about 3 or 4 guys have complained of not hearing from SA embassy, I wana log my faith with u guys dat all will turn out positive at d end..some slow motions cld b happening, i rember a VFS staff saying the crowd submitting for SA is shocking as they only experience dis during summer and not dis period which is winter

Ur news wld come dis week..Amen

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by spiceeamiee(f): 1:50pm On May 27, 2018
Hello and good afternoon. Can you guys give me links to the hotel you used for your application? I intend to submit on Wednesday and this is the only thing giving me headache now. Thanks

ERIN01:

@Ianmaduka...
Myself,My wife and daugther wld be spending 10 days holiday in Jobug around same time...first 10 days of june..
I'll defo give u a shout out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by spiceeamiee(f): 1:52pm On May 27, 2018
Ahh..where should I now stay? Do you know any cheap hotel in the suburbs where I can pay like 15k for 2nights and use for my application?

Geenosko:

That area is rugged sha.
Avoid actually staying there if possible
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by newuse: 1:58pm On May 27, 2018
j132c:
Welcome to the club. Mine's14 working days in already

Lol people said its because i submit without contact. How true is that ? ... Did you submit with invitation or hotel reservation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by newuse: 2:04pm On May 27, 2018
j132c:
It's Abuja. Amen

I Submit in Lagos, people are saying its because I did not use contact. Why must you use contact when you have all required documents... Africa is just something else sad

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by newuse: 2:07pm On May 27, 2018
ERIN01:

@J132c and @Newuse....
I hope non of u submitted in Abuja?
D fast processing is happening in lagos ,Abuja not matching their Lagos counterpart...

Ands if u guys submitted in Lagos..since recently about 3 or 4 guys have complained of not hearing from SA embassy, I wana log my faith with u guys dat all will turn out positive at d end..some slow motions cld b happening, i rember a VFS staff saying the crowd submitting for SA is shocking as they only experience dis during summer and not dis period which is winter

Ur news wld come dis week..Amen

I Submit in Lagos, people are saying its because I did not use contact. Why must you use contact when you have all required documents... Africa is just something else sad
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 2:33pm On May 27, 2018
No it's not about contact. It's just luck sometimes. Did you submit by yourself?
newuse:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by newuse: 2:35pm On May 27, 2018
j132c:
No it's not about contact. It's just luck sometimes. Did you submit by yourself?
Yes I submit myself, Did you submit with hotel reservation or invitation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2018
newuse:

Please note that SA will never delay application on the ground of invite or hotel bookings.

Hotel reservations or invitation doesn't have effect on application.

Just believe they will grant your visa irrespective of processing time.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by newuse: 2:45pm On May 27, 2018
eluquenson:
Please note that SA will never deny you visa if you submit genuine documents and funds available in your submitted bank account, there may be delay in processing your documents and some people getting theirs in few days.

Hotel reservations or invitation doesn't have effect on application.

Know that different strokes for different folks.
Just believe they will grant your visa irrespective of processing time.

Thanks bro, just hoping for the best this coming week. grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 3:02pm On May 27, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Hello and good afternoon. Can you guys give me links to the hotel you used for your application? I intend to submit on Wednesday and this is the only thing giving me headache now. Thanks

@Spiceemie...
I rember throwing here d way to go about dis hotel stuff
I did not book an hotel ..i booked an apartment for 4...as my younger sister is coming with us as well, d apartment is kinda expensive though 50k naira / night

Below i wld advice again how to gi about dis hotel wahala

The best way to go about this hotels is to go check booking.com or any hotel booking site..check for a rate dat gies with ur budget then contact the hotel directly

All d best

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 3:02pm On May 27, 2018
Yes I did with reservation but no invite
newuse:

Yes I submit myself, Did you submit with hotel reservation or invitation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 3:08pm On May 27, 2018
newuse:

@newuse....
No way..it's not contact
It's the crowd...Abuja SA embassy is still slow reason many abuja applicants came to submit in Lagos

When i submited for myself,wife n kid..u did not use contact ..put my papers myself n 4 days after collection surfaced,my sister submitted to join us for dis vacation no contact it cane out 4 days as well

It's just d massive people travelling dis period

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by spiceeamiee(f): 3:39pm On May 27, 2018
Hi Erin, I did go through booking.com and contacted the hotels directly. The ones whose rates were cheap enough redirected me to booking.com. Two of the hotels I found asked me to chat with me on whatsapp. They agreed for me to pay for two nights and after asking me if I had anyone in SA to make payment for me which I said no, they gave me a Nigerian personal accountin which to pay in. I'm scared to make the payment because I don't want to be scammed. I thought I was supposed to pay online with my MasterCard. Please did anybody pay into a Nigerian account? Did the hotel send a booking reservation after the payment? Abeg make una no taya for my matter o

ERIN01:

@Spiceemie...
I rember throwing here d way to go about dis hotel stuff
I did not book an hotel ..i booked an apartment for 4...as my younger sister is coming with us as well, d apartment is kinda expensive though 50k naira / night

Below i wld advice again how to gi about dis hotel wahala

The best way to go about this hotels is to go check booking.com or any hotel booking site..check for a rate dat gies with ur budget then contact the hotel directly

All d best

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 5:30pm On May 27, 2018
spiceeamiee:
Hi Erin, I did go through booking.com and contacted the hotels directly. The ones whose rates were cheap enough redirected me to booking.com. Two of the hotels I found asked me to chat with me on whatsapp. They agreed for me to pay for two nights and after asking me if I had anyone in SA to make payment for me which I said no, they gave me a Nigerian personal accountin which to pay in. I'm scared to make the payment because I don't want to be scammed. I thought I was supposed to pay online with my MasterCard. Please did anybody pay into a Nigerian account? Did the hotel send a booking reservation after the payment? Abeg make una no taya for my matter o

@Spicemiee...
I can't advice u to pay to a Nigerian account
I wld advice that u either find a close relative in SA whom can help u pay n make sure u are paying into an account with d hotel name or pay with ur card...better still pay from ur 9ja account to the hotels SA account..dis last option is ur best bet d way dis thing is giving u issue n close on the bank rate....

If u accept to do via d last option...any hotel u contact tell em u can make payment into their account....dat reason dey wld not send u back to bookjng .com... d payment is d reason u are been sent back...

Wish u best...wish i can do more..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NaGodwin: 11:57pm On May 27, 2018
You don't have to pay for the hotel, book any hotel with free cancellation.

spiceeamiee:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 5:04am On May 28, 2018
NaGodwin:
You don't have to pay for the hotel, book any hotel with free cancellation.

@NaGodwin....
Pls advice how she wld book without paying n pls rember booking with 3rd party booking site is not acceptable by d SA embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:16am On May 28, 2018
Guys please is there anybody in the house coming to SA from Lagos in the next few days?

I need someone to help me collect my police clearance from my brother at the Airport in Lagos.

Please your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lanyomex: 8:34am On May 28, 2018
Hello house, can you still submit statement of account printed after 7 days?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Beehandz(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2018
tweb1:
Guys please is there anybody in the house coming to SA from Lagos in the next few days?

I need someone to help me collect my police clearance from my brother at the Airport in Lagos.

Thank you.

What is the usefulness of DHL, FedEX, EMS Speedpost etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iwuchi101: 9:17am On May 28, 2018
WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN ABUJA, I SUBMITTED FOR TOURIST VISA HERE IN ABUJA SINCE 16TH OF APRIL TILL NOW IS STILL UNDER ASSESSMENT.......AM JUST TIRED AM THINKING OF WITHDRAWING MY PASSPORT THIS WEEK.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2018
lanyomex:
Hello house, can you still submit statement of account printed after 7 days?
Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 10:39am On May 28, 2018
tweb1:

Thank you.

@Tweb1...
With my years of experience of travelling,it's always a big "NO" helping anyone collecting anything...just because of d crazy world we live in,where helpers ave been turned traffickers of drugs or human parts....

My heart though wishes to help u...as long as it"s nothing parked or concealed....just a clear paper i can help u bring over

Guys i may think if it's just a paper i can help dis dude..if anybody thinks am risking myself or family pls telll me o....abeg!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 10:43am On May 28, 2018
iwuchi101:
WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN ABUJA, I SUBMITTED FOR TOURIST VISA HERE IN ABUJA SINCE 16TH OF APRIL TILL NOW IS STILL UNDER ASSESSMENT.......AM JUST TIRED AM THINKING OF WITHDRAWING MY PASSPORT THIS WEEK.

@IWUCHI101....
Two dudes ave been complaining here of dis same pridicament of slow processing time

Let me just say since u are not alone in dis delays..other guys are in ur shoes...u all shld just keep hanging in and as longbas ur travel dates have not passed don"t give up yet

CHEERS!!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 11:02am On May 28, 2018
ERIN01:

@Tweb1...
With my years of experience of travelling,it's always a big "NO" helping anyone collecting anything...just because of d crazy world we live in,where helpers ave been turned traffickers of drugs or human parts....

My heart though wishes to help u...as long as it"s nothing parked or concealed....just a clear paper i can help u bring over

Guys i may think if it's just a paper i can help dis dude..if anybody thinks am risking myself or family pls telll me o....abeg!!!

Bro it is just a clear paper. Which you can see and read.
There is absolutely nothing to hide.
I had someone help me with this document last year when i was renewing my visa from student visa to critical skills visa.
Please if you can help out.
This one is very plain police paper from Alagbon paper.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 11:31am On May 28, 2018
tweb1:

Bro it is just a clear paper. Which you can see and read.
There is absolutely nothing to hide.
I had someone help me with this document last year when i was renewing my visa from student visa to critical skills visa.
Please if you can help out.
This one is very plain police paper from Alagbon paper.

Thank you.
@TWEB1
Not a problem pm me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
Oh wow thought it was just me. I submitted on the 8th of May tho. I'm planning to go withdraw mine too. I'm tired
iwuchi101:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 12:39pm On May 28, 2018
Did you submit yourself and when's your travel date?
iwuchi101:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 2:00pm On May 28, 2018
Guys please is there anybody in the house coming to SA from Lagos in the next 2days?

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 28, 2018
tweb1:
Guys please is there anybody in the house coming to SA from Lagos in the next 2days?

Thank you.

Send it via DHL and you'll have it in 2 days (N20,700).

I personally won't carry a pin for a stranger, especially, when traveling to SA or Asia.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 7:12pm On May 28, 2018
Processor01:

Send it via DHL and you'll have it in 2 days (N20,700).

I personally won't carry a pin for a stranger, especially, when traveling to SA or Asia.

Can you just stay away if you are not going to help.
What is the problem with this kind of people.
If i get someone to get the document for me, which is non of your business, will I not have saved 20k and possible get it same day.

Will you just shut up and face your business.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 28, 2018
tweb1:

Can you just stay away if you are not going to help.
What is the problem with this kind of people.
If i get someone to get the document for me, which is non of your business, will I not have saved 20k and possible get it same day.

Will you just shut up and face your business.

My sincere apologies for that post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.