Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730923 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thanks bro. Which airline do you suggest?
eluquenson:
1. $500 is the adequate amount as2 PTA.
2. No, you only need to pay for like 5days if you want to lodge in the hotel. But if you have agreement with the hotel of your choice, you can pay at the facility. Explain that to the immigration officer cos they will check the reservation and can call the hotel at their own discretion.

Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please what is the Email address to forward to

Jukebox5:
email the embassy about any issues you have they will reply you. You can also book for appointments online just send them an email about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
please can you drop a mail to reach you with ??Thanks

infofta:

I can help you with cheap accommodation in Randburg, Johannesburg. Residential apartment or hotel. I do it for visitors coming for church programmes.
Pay on arrival.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
j132c:
Thanks bro. Which airline do you suggest?
Airline is subject to your financial power.
I used Kenya airways, their services was superb

I learnt Rwandair is also good.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
Did u have to fill a different form for ur daughter or son? Say something about d bank statement balance u presented. Thanks

uote author=SamReinvented post=68564695]

I submitted in Lagos, I had to book an appointment in advance though.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
Pls can I book appointment for submission online?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 8:44am On Jun 21, 2018
Jukebox5:
you didn't reply me

I cldn't have replied u wihout u stating answers to d questions i asked..

That way i wld not mis lead u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 8:52am On Jun 21, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Thanks for your response.

Please is it possible to go that day, pay for express and do it same day. I have been trying call the office but no response

Only when u have booked ur appointment ...then every other thing wld be completed same day of ur appointment date is
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 9:06am On Jun 21, 2018
Jukebox5:
Please i need your urgent advice.
I'm planning to apply for a short term SA visa for me to attend an interview at the Lithuanian embassy in pretoria, can i present my dad's statement of account when i apply for the south Africa visa or i must use mine?

@Jukebox5...

It may look a hard nutt to crack but really it is not

Dis month i was in South Africa with my family for a vacation ..i had planned vacation to one of the balkan countries for summer holidays come Sept...

All i simply did was honestly applied our SA visa for tourist after d visa was issued i had applied to the balkan country who did not have an embassy here online n sent all document..during our holidays in jobug we visited Pretoria for d visa completion..

In ur case since u actually visiting SA for the Lithuania purpose n no prior plans of SA holiday..u wld need to apply SA normal short visa n include documents proofing Lithuania Embassy is expecting U along with every documents SA requires for short stay visa..

As for ur dad's statement..it depends on what u going to do in Lithuania..if u going there for vacation..almost certain with ur dad's statement u wlf be refused SA visa..it wld b hard to convince the VO u going to spend ur dad's money on vavacation in Lithuania ..ur statement wld be ideal if going to Lithuania for holidays so apply ur SA visa with ur own bank statment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Please can anyone direct me on how to go about the processes for getting a SA visit visa. Planning a vacation with my family. Advise needed/where do I start from?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2018
sadsad:
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Please can anyone direct me on how to go about the processes for getting a SA visit visa. Planning a vacation with my family. Advise needed/where do I start from?

@sadsad..
Go to vfs south africa lagos n see list of requirements

After that u may come here for more help or clarification
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2018
ERIN01:

@sadsad..
Go to vfs south africa lagos n see list of requirements

After that u may come here for more help or clarification
Thanks a lot.
I've downloaded the form.
Please do you have an idea of the current cost of the visa fee?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hi Guys...

I need some advice. Will be applying for Critical Skills Work Visa.

1. I have gotten every documents i need to get (SAQA, CSA letter from IITPSA, Police report, Medicals). I need advice on how much should be enough for Proof of Funds.

2. Since i don't have an employer yet, i heard i would be given 1 year visa to sort myself out then reapply again later. (How true is this)

3. I also need a template for the Introduction Letter. (kindly send to slickrule@gmail.com)

Please help where you can before Agents chop my money. I believe everybody was a novice at one point on this issue. Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
What if i want to stay with family/friends.
Do i still need to provide $500 as BTA?

eluquenson:
1. $500 is the adequate amount as PTA.
2. No, you only need to pay for like 5days if you want to lodge in the hotel. But if you have agreement with the hotel of your choice, you can pay at the facility. Explain that to the immigration officer cos they will check the reservation and can call the hotel at their own discretion.

Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fedo15(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please FAM
How best can I get a south African visa for visits
What are the requirements
Please I need urgent answers
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2018
cydophobia:
What if i want to stay with family/friends.
Do i still need to provide $500 as BTA?

Staying with family and friends is just for accommodation purpose. PTA is to show you won't be dependent and substantial amount should be with you for shopping and other things.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
fedo15:
Please FAM
Thanks
Short stay/Tourism
-Typed Self Introduction letter
-Letter of introduction from employer-Typed
-Proof of accommodation/Confirmation from hotel directly
-Yellow fever card
-Invitation Letter from Host Company if attending a business meeting/Conference/training
-Flight reservation
-3 months bank statement – original, stamped & signed by bank authority(Lagos and
Port Harcourt Office)
6 months bank statement – original, stamped & signed by bank authority (Abuja Office)

Those are the basic requirements for any country of visit including SA. However, you have the freedom to add any supporting documents of yours which will show strong ties to your home country. Documents like employment letter, confirmation letter from employer, pay slip, pension statement, landed properties e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thanks Baba.
eluquenson:
Staying with family and friends is just for accommodation purpose. PTA is to show you won't be dependent and substantial amount should be with you for shopping and other things.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by smarttjhb: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2018
j132c:
Please to avoid problem with the immigration officers at the airport
1. How much do I take with me as BTA if I'm staying for 3weeks
2. Do I need to PAY for the 3 weeks hotel reservation or just book it down?
Thanks for all the support when I was struggling

Most times this is for first time travellers. they just use all kind of means to tax you .

It is sad that is what is obtainable in our country
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
Pls I was given 30days single entry visa. How long do you recommend I stay as a first time traveller?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
j132c:
Pls I was given 30days single entry visa. How long do you recommend I stay as a first time traveller?
Don't exceed 30days.

How long you can stay all depends on your budget
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topeolu1: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hello, congratulations on your visa. PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR VISA VERY WELL, THE NUMBER OF DAYS YOU CAN STAY IS CLEARLY STATED. FORGET THE 30 DAYS VALIDITY! So you don't run foul. My first visa had only 15days at a single visit even though I had 90days visa. Second was 30days/6months

j132c:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
Good day gurus. Please I will like to know if am suppose to fill a separate form for my little boy of 5yrs? Cos it's d whole family that's planning to go : me, wifey n our son. Gurus abeg talk oooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j132c: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
That's what I'm saying. They said "each visit not to exceed 30 days"
topeolu1:
Hello, congratulations on your visa. PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR VISA VERY WELL, THE NUMBER OF DAYS YOU CAN STAY IS CLEARLY STATED. FORGET THE 30 DAYS VALIDITY! So you don't run foul. My first visa had only 15days at a single visit even though I had 90days visa. Second was 30days/6months

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danie09(m): 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2018
Sorry if I may ask .which of the Balkan states ?
ERIN01:

@Jukebox5...

It may look a hard nutt to crack but really it is not

Dis month i was in South Africa with my family for a vacation ..i had planned vacation to one of the balkan countries for summer holidays come Sept...

All i simply did was honestly applied our SA visa for tourist after d visa was issued i had applied to the balkan country who did not have an embassy here online n sent all document..during our holidays in jobug we visited Pretoria for d visa completion..

In ur case since u actually visiting SA for the Lithuania purpose n no prior plans of SA holiday..u wld need to apply SA normal short visa n include documents proofing Lithuania Embassy is expecting U along with every documents SA requires for short stay visa..

As for ur dad's statement..it depends on what u going to do in Lithuania..if u going there for vacation..almost certain with ur dad's statement u wlf be refused SA visa..it wld b hard to convince the VO u going to spend ur dad's money on vavacation in Lithuania ..ur statement wld be ideal if going to Lithuania for holidays so apply ur SA visa with ur own bank statment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topeolu1: 5:12am On Jun 24, 2018
It doesn't matter so long as you don't exceed the 30days. Just have sufficient proof of funds and accommodation booked for the number of days you intend to stay. I was almost sent back cos of hotel booking for 1night while I was to stay for a week! Immigration in SA don't respect anyone, they have sent back an American for similar issues before. It doesn't matter to them
j132c:
That's what I'm saying. They said "each visit not to exceed 30 days"
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pls how much did you spend booking for flight and hotel reservation?

kingvilleshines:
PLEASE GUYS MY KID BROTHER IS COMING TO SA JOHANEBURG THIS WEEK.HIS GOTTEN HIS VISA N TICKET IS THAT ALL HE NEED FOR HIS TRIP?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chibabe4Christ: 6:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Good Morning all, hope you all had a great weekend.

Please I still have not submitted my application o. I went to Lagos only for them to turn me back telling me that I have to book online. My people I felt so disappointed adding to my expenses and number of days I spent.
I have made up my mind to go to PH VFS. Please did anybody know much about PH VFS? The stress of going back to Lagos though date of appointment not yet known and considering my work, I don't think I will like to go to Lagos for submission.

I hope PH VFS do respond on time unlike Abuja that delays.
Please my noble people I need your response urgently Abeg, am planning to go tomorrow.

Thanks for your usual cooperation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chibabe4Christ: 6:58am On Jun 25, 2018
In my own case I didn't spend money in flight booking, a friend helped me. Go to any of the agent office like Wakanow, tell them you want just an itinerary for SA without pay because you are not sure of visa yet. I think your itinerary expires after I week so you must go when you are ready to go for submission.
But for hotel booking you have to book directly to the hotel. Go to google and type Road Lodge South Africa get their contact and discuss with them. They are reliable and their cancellation policy is superb.
I hope am able to address your concerns.
quote author=adespecial post=68789432]Pls how much did you spend booking for flight and hotel reservation?

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Chibabe4Christ: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2018
Google VFS South Africa and follow instructions. All the info you need is there.

fedo15:
Please FAM
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2018
Good day house. I applied to the south african vfs lagos office tru an agent on 13th of june. I was sent a msg to come pick up on 14th of june, my visa was granted. Now to my problem on the document i submitted it was stated that i was going for two weeks training. Which i am not going for training only going for visitation. Thou on my passport it was stated visitor's visa for two weeks. Will be traveling this week. Wat do i tell them at the port of entry if they ask me wat is my purpose of visitation simce i think they av all the records. Thou i will be using my cousin's invitation letter. Plus i was exempted from taking yellow fever vaccine cos i am three months preg. I need answers please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Dasiiola:
Good day house. I applied to the south african vfs lagos office tru an agent on 13th of june. I was sent a msg to come pick up on 14th of june, my visa was granted. Now to my problem on the document i submitted it was stated that i was going for two weeks training. Which i am not going for training only going for visitation. Thou on my passport it was stated visitor's visa for two weeks. Will be traveling this week. Wat do i tell them at the port of entry if they ask me wat is my purpose of visitation simce i think they av all the records. Thou i will be using my cousin's invitation letter. Plus i was exempted from taking yellow fever vaccine cos i am three months preg. I need answers please
One reason we don't condone agents here on NL. Do it yourself is the best and I personally can't really tell you if you will encounter any issues at PoE.

You don't need to be worried so far your training documents are with your agent, get the invitation from him, book hotel also and fly.
At PoE, if they ask your purpose of visitation tell them you are going for a training. You never can tell what they are starting at on there PC.

If you would follow my advice oh, book a ticket that would get to SA at midnight.

Daytime at SA is always busy with their top immigration officials on ground.

All aforementioned are basically my opinion.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.