Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734094 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Onlooking101: 6:17pm
Please who here is awaiting for university of witwatersrand
I am also going to Wits.
Is your study visa granted already?
Registration has commenced since 3th of January and to close by 28th of Febuary.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
Onlooking101:
Please who here is awaiting for university of witwatersrand?
I am also going to Wits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Onlooking101: 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
I have sent you a mail
affordsys:

I am also going to Wits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
Who else is going to Stellenbosch university? Has your visa been granted? Am still waiting for my own. Registration ended today, late registration starts tomorrow and ends by 15 January with a levy of R500
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
thanks fully understood.

Geenosko:

Depending on your budget the following areas are relatively OK (though safety is of the Lord)

Randburg
Fourways
Sandton
North Gate

If you are using booking.com it's advisable to pay before coming to avoid stories that touch at POE.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 1:16am On Feb 01, 2019
ayoola85:
I applied for study visa since 26th of October last year and haven't gotten a response. Is it a general problem?I'm getting worried because registration has commenced
I applied since August last year in abuja too nothing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anikkybd(f): 1:45am On Feb 01, 2019
Have really be facing a lot of questions at Kigali about my visa from Ghana, asking where in Ghana, said Accra ,ask where in Accra...am just so fed up...if I con reach SA nko...u people should tell me Ghana immigration office in Ghana and where I can say I stay in Ghana also , cos a residents permit of Ghana was made on my visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrCollins218: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
I just received this mail now

Dear Applicant,

Processed Visa Application Reference no.................... has been received from the South Africa High Commission, Lagos as on 2/1/2019.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Fingers crossed, it took 12weeks ,I hope for an awesome news when I receive my passport.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anfieldboss: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
DrCollins218:

Dear Applicant,

Processed Visa Application Reference no.................... has been received from the South Africa High Commission, Lagos as on 2/1/2019.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Fingers crossed, it took 12weeks ,I hope for an awesome news when I receive my passport.

Congratulations bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
DrCollins218:

Dear Applicant,

Hehehehehehe. 12 what? Is it a student visa? Anyways, I pray the outcome will be positive. All the best bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2019
Arrived safely in Johannesburg today, on my visa I was told to not use more than 2 weeks but at the POE I was stamped in for a month , does that mean I can use a month or follow the instruction on the visa ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
saintobi009:
Arrived safely in Johannesburg today, on my visa I was told to not use more than 2 weeks but at the POE I was stamped in for a month , does that mean I can use a month or follow the instruction on the visa ?

It means that each visit must not exceed two weeks so please stick to the instruction o.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by babalawo(m): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2019
affordsys:
Onlooking101: 6:17pm
Please who here is awaiting for university of witwatersrand
I am also going to Wits.
Is your study visa granted already?
Registration has commenced since 3th of January and to close by 28th of Febuary.

My wife just got her Visa yesterday 01/31/2018. She applied on the 17 of January in Abuja. Going to Wits for MSc Computer Science. Yes they said registration has close but she will be leaving mid month- I think the registration can be extended for International students
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
Yes most universities usually extend registration for international students. Some till LAST DAY IN MARCH OR FIRST WEEK IN APRIL. Also depending on available space (quota based)
babalawo:

My wife just got her Visa yesterday 01/31/2018. She applied on the 17 of January in Abuja. Going to Wits for MSc Computer Science. Yes they said registration has close but she will be leaving mid month- I think the registration can be extended for International students
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Onlooking101: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
Wow extend my congratulations to her!
I pray mine will come through soon. Going for postgraduate diploma in digital business at wits business school.
babalawo:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2019
Diamond1960:
Yes most universities usually extend registration for international students. Some till LAST DAY IN MARCH OR FIRST WEEK IN APRIL. Also depending on available space (quota based)
I think Abuja now treat student visa fast now. A friend of mine submited to Abuja on 7th of January.His visa is out. He was gjven one year
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by babalawo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
I think they look at your resumption and your intended date of travel.

Please anyone knows how safe the inner CBD is in J'borg I got a student resident- Saragota Village @ 3900 per month. It is for UJ and Wits students. Already paid to fulfil visa conditions.

Any info about daily transit from the CBD to Wits in Braafontein-costs, safety and any concerns. The student residence address is 13 Saratoga Avenue Doomfortein and the faulty/school address is 1 Jan Smuts avenue Braamfontein.

General useful info for a new student will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mechango: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
UJ PhD Economics
Hi all, I just started my SA student Visa processing today, with police clearance and radiological report. Please at what point do I need to do medical insurance ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
babalawo:
I think they look at your resumption and your intended date of travel.

Please anyone knows how safe the inner CBD is in J'borg I got a student resident- Saragota Village @ 3900 per month. It is for UJ and Wits students. Already paid to fulfil visa conditions.

Any info about daily transit from the CBD to Wits in Braafontein-costs, safety and any concerns. The student residence address is 13 Saratoga Avenue Doomfortein and the faulty/school address is 1 Jan Smuts avenue Braamfontein.

General useful info for a new student will be appreciated.

If you are referring to joburg cbd, that area is rugged.
Stay safe and alert

As per daily transit unless you are very buoyant financially, u will be using taxi's (buses) else u use taxify or Uber

Since you are a babalawo u have nothing to be scared of grin

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
mechango:
UJ PhD Economics
Hi all, I just started my SA student Visa processing today, with police clearance and radiological report. Please at what point do I need to do medical insurance ?

You submit alongside your application to vfs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrCollins218: 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
Metucity:

Hehehehehehe. 12 what? Is it a student visa? Anyways, I pray the outcome will be positive. All the best bro.

Yes, students visa, PhD Construction management, University of Johannesburg.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
Please please anyone who knows anyone at the abuja high commission help me out I’ve had my passport there since August there’s no one in the embassy I can talk to they’re all absolutely useless and incompetent . I’ve paid school fees in millions and they’re fucking keeping this long haba if you know anyone there help me I can pay you after results I’m frustrated I’m angry which kind of thing is this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xoo32: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
Found this thread and had to register on Nairaland.

I’ve lived in Southafrica for 6months now. Don’t let anyone deceive you. I live in sandton and have visited Soweto, Pretoria and Capetown. The lowest you can get here on a furnished apartment in sandton is R30k. Sandton, Morningside and Rivonia are not close to any university. You must be rich to stay in these areas. Midrand is okay. Greenstone is okay. Sunnyside is okay. If you cannot afford sandton and it’s suburbs. Stay in your school dorm or housing. Unless you’re ready to be toughened. Braamfontein, Yeoville, Rosentenville, Randburg (420, Randburg square and environs) are not safe.

If you’re planning on renting a non furnished apartment not under your school, you must be willing to know your way. And ready double your first month rent to be paid as caution.

Buy foodstuffs at Jburg south. If you buy at Randburg. Your money will disappear and you won’t know what you spent it on.

Yes, when you get to hillbrow there are signs saying you’re now in a crime hotspot.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xoo32: 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
Geenosko:

Yes you can.
Exchange rate varies
You will be charged NGN1,200 per withdrawal.

Pls pls and please,
Only use ATM's in secure spaces like inside banks or inside malls else there's a very good chance that your card will have a second owner

Banks where? Malls are only rampant in sandton and suburbs. ATMS are always in every Garage. There’s an extra R50 charge for every withdrawal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xoo32: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2019
homody:
Hello house

I will be traveling to South Africa next week, ticket booked via Kenya airways to Johannesburg, I choosed Pretoria for my 6 days stay, this is my first time of flying outside, please tell me what to expect from LOS to Johannesburg, mostly how to find my way to Pretoria from the airport.

I need you guys contribution.

IT IS NOT ADVISABLE TO BOOK KENYAN AIRWAYS COMING TO SA AS A FIRST TIME VISITOR. ALOT OF PEOPLE FACE HARD TIMES AT PEOPLE AND HAVE BEEN RETURNED BACK WITH NO VALID REASONS. USE THEIR NATIONAL CARRIER.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 10:44pm On Feb 01, 2019
Yup , I agree with you .. Fly with SA airways .. I’ve been to SA twice and I flew with there national carrier the two times . I didn’t encounter any problem nor questioning . In fact , they didn’t ask for my Yellow while they asked my mate who flew with air Rwanda . SAA is not too expensive , I’d advise you fly with them if you are a first time traveler .

Peace and good luck to everyone

xoo32:

IT IS NOT ADVISABLE TO BOOK KENYAN AIRWAYS COMING TO SA AS A FIRST TIME VISITOR. ALOT OF PEOPLE FACE HARD TIMES AT PEOPLE AND HAVE BEEN RETURNED BACK WITH NO VALID REASONS. USE THEIR NATIONAL CARRIER.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2019
Pls I am applying to cape peninsula uni of technology for a research based masters degree program and my saqa is not yet out.....according to the school, the application deadline is march ending.......
My saqa will be out next 2wks.......
Meanwhile is it possible for me to meet up with it or I shld just forget the school for this year?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:08am On Feb 02, 2019
xoo32:

Banks where? Malls are only rampant in sandton and suburbs. ATMS are always in every Garage. There’s an extra R50 charge for every withdrawal

The reason I was specific with the locations is because elsewhere its easier for them to fit in skimming devices that can read your card info hence the need for absolute caution.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:11am On Feb 02, 2019
xoo32:

This is not exactly true.
The poe officials don't discriminate based on the airline you use.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:12am On Feb 02, 2019
xoo32:
Found this thread and had to register on Nairaland.

I’ve lived in Southafrica for 6months now. And I just got my residential permit today. Don’t let anyone deceive you. I live in sandton and have visited Soweto, Pretoria and Capetown. The lowest you can get here on a furnished apartment in sandton is R30k. Sandton, Morningside and Rivonia are not close to any university. You must be rich to stay in these areas. Midrand is okay. Greenstone is okay. Sunnyside is okay. If you cannot afford sandton and it’s suburbs. Stay in your school dorm or housing. Unless you’re ready to be toughened. Braamfontein, Yeoville, Rosentenville, Randburg (420, Randburg square and environs) are not safe.

If you’re planning on renting a non furnished apartment not under your school, you must be willing to know your way. And ready double your first month rent to be paid as caution.

Buy foodstuffs at Jburg south. If you buy at Randburg. Your money will disappear and you won’t know what you spent it on.

Yes, when you get to hillbrow there are signs saying you’re now in a crime hotspot.

This again is not entirely correct.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.