Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733656 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EvangelistIsaac(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
Katt247:
Yaayy we just got a call from UPS to deliver our passport with SA visa on it....did submission last week thursday at VFS Lagos, and the visa is out today.. SA here i come...

Congrat bro
Kindly check your mail
Pls I would like you to put me through as well
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abimbolakay123: 11:30am On Jan 10, 2022
Good afternoon wonderful people, can someone please share the exact amount in Naira that will be deducted for the SA visa fee
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abimbolakay123: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Katt247:
Yaayy we just got a call from UPS to deliver our passport with SA visa on it....did submission last week thursday at VFS Lagos, and the visa is out today.. SA here i come...

Congratulations, could you please tell me the exact amount you paid in Naira for the application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
Today is 10th of January and we haven’t received any news of visa alert…. I hope we are safe ooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AGMAMA: 10:45am On Jan 11, 2022
Help o! Since November 26 2022 no news yet
Not a first timer in SA
Also got a good travel history
Now that itenary has expired will that be an issue?
Also my leave has expired (I attached the letter to my application) hope it won’t affect? I applied for multiple entry though
I called VFS Abuja yesterday they don’t seem to know when it will be ready! This particular one stress me and I have a valid long term Uk visa on passport!
I have track passport tire! How did we offend SA embassy so we can beg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AGMAMA: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2022
Atleast a mail should be sent out to update us on the reason for delay so we can Atleast be calm! But no information at all! I just want to visit and snap fine picture na! � please anyone with detailed information should help us! Mine has been since November 2021
Tourist visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Brownvision222: 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
Please is it true that the bank statement is sent to the embassy directly? I went to request for the bank statement and I was told it will be sent to the embassy directly, just wanted to confirm from you guys here that have submitted. or did the personal one you ask for does it carry signature and stamp? i will appreciate your feedbacks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KazikageSama: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2022
Brownvision222:
Please is it true that the bank statement is sent to the embassy directly? I went to request for the bank statement and I was told it will be sent to the embassy directly, just wanted to confirm from you guys here that have submitted. or did the personal one you ask for does it carry signature and stamp? i will appreciate your feedbacks

This one applies to some embassies like US etc.

For SA application, just print the statement, get it stamped at the branch and you're good to go.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2022
As someone who has invited several friends and families with no rejections, I can tell you that none of that matters.
It all boils down to your cover letter and that of the person inviting you. If it’s just very empty - I mean no substantial family/friendship link or how they can guarantee your sustenance and departure from the country - it will most probably be a rejection. Also, if your letter doesn’t corroborate theirs, it will probably be a rejection.

If these letters are strong enough and well written, the other things can be overlooked - I say this from two recent similar experiences as yourself. The hotel reservation was cancelled, and it was way past the scheduled travelled date before the visas were granted.

All the best.

AGMAMA:
Not a first timer in SA
Also my leave has expired (I attached the letter to my application) hope it won’t affect? I applied for multiple entry though
I called VFS Abuja yesterday they don’t seem to know when it will be ready! This particular one stress me and I have a valid long term Uk visa on passport!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Brownvision222: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thanks so much
KazikageSama:

This one applies to some embassies like US etc.

For SA application, just print the statement, get it stamped at the branch and you're good to go.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Brownvision222: 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
Pls what are the chances of a first time traveller getting a South African visit visa? Do you know first timers that have gotten this period?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JaceBlaze: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
AGMAMA:
Not a first timer in SA

November 2022 is still ten months away...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bishopkinkin: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
Personally I think this is very very unfair. The embassy should shut down if they won’t be issuing Visa anymore. It’s frustrating, I believe Nigerians needs to move or protest this to stop.

My pain is, they should be giving decisions either positive or negative. That way you get your passport back and can do other things with your life. I called VFS today to withdraw my passport and was told it will take minimum of 7 days or More. Isn’t that just crazy?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AGMAMA: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
I meant November 2021
It was a typo
It’s the pain for me! No news no information! And my passport is still out there with valid visa on it
I’m hopeful! I won’t withdraw it o! I will wait
Didn’t get date in Lagos had to fly to Abuja for
Appointment! Can’t spend so much o and not get anything!
I just think they should send an official mail to applicants still waiting to explain reasons! It’s fair like that! Uk did it!
A month a two weeks with my passport with no communication is sad
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hello house please I need help anyone coming via OR Tambo. Please I need you to help me bring my police clearance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
Pls those that applied for study visa should come and share their testimonies. The house is too dry

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2022
Una still dey go SA..lol

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RodgersAkpafu: 12:09am On Jan 12, 2022
Blurpy:
Una still dey go SA..lol
What is your issue with those who choose to go to SA?

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SawDost: 6:32am On Jan 12, 2022
Blurpy:
Una still dey go SA..lol
at your age,you don't have sense.. Why are you obsessed with people going to south africa? Abi south africa nor give you stay Naim you just dey beef dem..

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 7:26am On Jan 12, 2022
Your moniker is actually in your brain, ain't surprised tongue
SawDost:
at your age,you don't have sense.. Why are you obsessed with people going to south africa? Abi south africa nor give you stay Naim you just dey beef dem..

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zubino91: 7:43am On Jan 17, 2022
Hello guys
Please who knows the email address of South African embassy in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by laeffizy(f): 9:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a female roommate. The apartment is a secure complex and the room is large, with double furniture to accommodate 2 people comfortably, dedicated cleaners, wifi and water. Rent and electricity is split by roommates and is very affordable (should be R3,300 PM all inclusive).
This is ideal for UCT/CPUT Postgrad students as it's in Rondesbosh.
Kindly send me a DM, let us escape this Capetown's exorbitant rent.

P.S: mature person o, and someone who like me, doesn't like wahala ��

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nooneisperfect: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2022
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have just been accepted into UNIVERSITY of PRETORIA to do my MASTERS DEGREE. I'm looking for funding opportunities because there's no way I can afford the tuition on my own.

Please help, if possible. I need bursary and scholarship opportunities. Please advise on how to go about it.

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
You are in the right place cos we have UP students in this forum including me. Are you a research based masters student? If yes, try and discussed this with you supervisor. Also, you will have access to funding opportunities on the student portal once you register as well. Though am not promising you cos I didn’t get funding last year except for int bursary but am hopeful I will get this year.
Nooneisperfect:

I have just been accepted into UNIVERSITY of PRETORIA to do my MASTERS DEGREE. I'm looking for funding opportunities because there's no way I can afford the tuition on my own.

Please help, if possible.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DanIduh06: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2022
Nooneisperfect:

Please help, if possible. I need bursary and scholarship opportunities. Please advise on how to go about it.

Thank you

Discuss funding opportunities with your supervisor but don't mention that you need it for paying tuition.

What course and how much is the fees?

Regards

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bblaze50: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2022
please I need help on how i can withdraw my southafrica visa,
my passport has been held for 3month now
no email
nothing
omo make them chop their south Africa I just need my passport back.

if anyone can help please, I m ready to pay. I just need my passport back

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AGMAMA: 11:29am On Jan 18, 2022
This visa delay thing is actually sad! Mine is actually going to two months already! Spoke to VFS they said frequent travelers processing is a month plus for processing while first timers will take 2months plus
I’m a frequent traveler and it’s almost 2months and I haven’t heard anything!
I don’t know what’s really going on! My last trip to SA, the process was three weeks!
The VFS officer said the Omnicron pandemic affected!
Atleast they should send everyone mails so as to communicate something while we await our passports! I feel like my passport is being held hostage lol but any way we keep praying and hoping to a miracle
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bblaze50: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2022
AGMAMA:
This visa delay thing is actually sad! Mine is actually going to two months already! Spoke to VFS they said frequent travelers processing is a month plus for processing while first timers will take 2months plus
I’m a frequent traveler and it’s almost 2months and I haven’t heard anything!
I don’t know what’s really going on! My last trip to SA, the process was three weeks!
The VFS officer said the Omnicron pandemic affected!
Atleast they should send everyone mails so as to communicate something while we await our passports! I feel like my passport is being held hostage lol but any way we keep praying and hoping to a miracle

already trying to withdraw my passport
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AGMAMA: 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wishing you all the best! I will observe till end of this month/ first week next month! Hopefully it doesn’t get that long! I also think they should give an official statement on this so people can know if applying for SA is best for them especially those that need their passport or want to go somewhere else as well
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nooneisperfect: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
adespecial:
You are in the right place cos we have UP students in this forum including me. Are you a research based masters student? If yes, try and discussed this with you supervisor. Also, you will have access to funding opportunities on the student portal once you register as well. Though am not promising you cos I didn’t get funding last year except for int bursary but am hopeful I will get this year.

I have been accepted for Coursework. Industrial and Organisational Psychology.

Can I contact you? My number is 0742119251

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nooneisperfect: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
DanIduh06:

Discuss funding opportunities with your supervisor but don't mention that you need it for paying tuition.

What course and how much is the fees?

Regards

Thank you for the response.

Masters in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. I did both undergraduate and honours with UNISA. I haven't confirmed the fees yet unfortunately.

Can I contact you privately... my number is 0742119251

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
lol no be small matter
bblaze50:
please I need help on how i can withdraw my southafrica visa,
my passport has been held for 3month now
no email
nothing
omo make them chop their south Africa I just need my passport back.

if anyone can help please, I m ready to pay. I just need my passport back

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.