Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ev4real(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2023
hunee:
your complaint
i can not download visa outcome, attach reference starting with EPS---, JUST draft a letter.
simple!
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2023
Thank you for your assistance. Please using the link to the evisa application. Should I apply for tourist or business visa?

Also note that like I mentioned I have a sticker visa on my passport which is single entry and 30 days expiring 31/12/23, also this is my first time visiting SA.

My employer requires me to be in SA till the end of Jan at most. They are sponsoring the entire trip.

Would I need to attach flight and accommodation proof in addition to the letter?

hunee:
[b][/b]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2023
dexydidi:
Thank you for your assistance. Please using the link to the evisa application. Should I apply for tourist or business visa?

Also note that like I mentioned I have a sticker visa on my passport which is single entry and 30 days expiring 31/12/23, also this is my first time visiting SA.

My employer requires me to be in SA till the end of Jan at most. They are sponsoring the entire trip.

Would I need to attach flight and accommodation proof in addition to the letter?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2023
It simply means you must enter before 31st of December and you can only spend 30 days,so if I were you,I will travel 28 of December to enter SA 29th of December and leave January 29th. I hope this helps
dexydidi:
It says on or before 31st Dec 2023

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
Sojeezy247:
It simply means you must enter before 31st of December and you can only spend 30 days,so if I were you,I will travel 28 of December to enter SA 29th of December and leave January 29th. I hope this helps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2023
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
It is indeed accurate.

hunee:
Inaccurate

In 2016, I traveled on the day a visa was to expire, and was stamped in for 30 days.

Last visit in September 2023, my visa was to expire in 5 days, but I was still stamped in for 30 days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2023
Africankel:
It is indeed accurate.

In 2016, I traveled on the day a visa was to expire, and was stamped in for 30 days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
hunee:
Brooooo, 2016?
How many times has South Africa adjusted her immigration clauses. You should know better

Response modified... Please read initial response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2023
Okay, what about the second option you suggested? I am trying to understand the second option, but sometimes I don't understand how this nairaland works. it can be diffcult to follow a trail

hunee:
I advise that you carefully read all previous comments. It is exhausting repeating what has been said in the past. Please read through and you are applying for a tourist visa(Visitor visa) Usign all the links, the website is self explanatory , if you patiently follow it through.
Further questions can be responded to by floor members,Do have a great day.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
dexydidi:
Okay, what about the second option you suggested? I am trying to understand the second option, but sometimes I don't understand how this nairaland works. it can be diffcult to follow a trail

@Africankel just confirmed he flew September 2023 to SA when his visa was about to expire. Just as you have read, so i will just lock up on the whole discussion on your visa possibilities, and hope it works out.
I aint commenting on it again.
Please keep us posted, we here to learn.
However, confirm very well from appropriate channels on possibilities. cases are not same and flight ticket is very expensive now.

These are the docs needed for your travel to SA
1. yellow card 2. Valid passport 3. flight ticket(Return) 4.Verified hotel booking 5. Some cash to show immigration(BTA) because you are a first timer. 6. If possible, your personal ID, Copy of visa.
safe flights.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
We should not argue about this. Firstly, the UK and SA issues different kind of visas. SA issues what is called "Entry visa", which doesn't affect the duration granted for your stay.

On the visa it clearly says enter ON or BEFORE. In other words, if her visa is valid till December 30, she can enter on or before that date and would have no problem staying up to 30 days.

My very last SA visa was issued in June 2023, and valid till September 6, 2023 (valid for three months), with an authorized stay of 30 days ON EACH VISIT, this is because it's multiple entry.

See the sequence of my travel:-

I arrived SA August 23, 2023, and was granted 30 days stay (note, the visa was to expire September 6).

I left on August 28, and returned on September 2nd (visa still expires September 6). And I was still granted another 30 days. I departed September 7 (one day after the supposed expiry of the visa.

If you've picked up your passport, you go see am say na enter on or before xyz date.

The lady in question should save herself some stress and write to the High Commission for clarification.

hunee:
Brooooo, 2016?
How many times has South Africa adjusted her immigration clauses since then. You should know better.

The argument here is her visa expiration and visa validity. Two things .
Unless she is the one not sharing the correct details, if your visa was issued 1st December 2023, and it is to expire Dec 31 2023, Just as she has said. Are you advising her to enter the country 29th Dec 2023 , 2days to her visa expiration and expect a 30day visa stamping? C'mon bro, you are a regular traveler, can you do this for UK? I know it is possible for kenya, cos i flew into kenya 2 days to my visa expiration in the past and got stamped 30days.
However , for South Africa, be guided. The immigration of 2016 is not same as now,but if you are sure of your info, let her give it a shot.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
We both speaking as frequent travelers, Kel, the essence of the platform is to engage ourselves "technically" with diverse views. You have been to SA severally, would you advise a first time traveler to enter the country 2days to her visa expiration? I am just looking at the technical aspect, so i spoke about visa conditions, and i said cases are different. Remember, she is allowed single entry too. She also wants to stay longer in Sa, even beyond that Jan she said. For her employers to have issued her those documents, she may stay longer than Jan.
Africankel:
We should not argue about this. Firstly, the UK and SA issues different kind of visas. SA issues what is called "Entry visa", which doesn't affect the duration granted for your stay.

On the visa it clearly says enter ON or BEFORE. In other words, if her visa is valid till December 30, she can enter on or before that date and would have no problem staying up to 30 days.

My very last SA visa was issued in June 2023, and valid till September 6, 2023 (valid for three months), with an authorized stay of 30 days ON EACH VISIT, this is because it's multiple entry.

See the sequence of my travel:-

I arrived SA August 23, 2023, and was granted 30 days stay (note, the visa was to expire September 6).

I left on August 28, and returned on September 2nd (visa still expires September 6). And I was still granted another 30 days. I departed September 7 (one day after the supposed expiry of the visa.

If you've picked up your passport, you go see am say na enter on or before xyz date.

The lady in question should save herself some stress and write to the High Commission for clarification.

Reason i said, apply for an evisa for 3 month, should incase if the need arises to stay longer, you are covered. I am looking at it from a different angle.
If she needs further information, Contact the High Commission. I understand very well, Enter on/or before Big Head grin. I dey reason the matter differently.
I rest my case.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2023
This man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I understand your point perfectly Ayo. Given technical grounds as you have mentioned, I'd rather she arrives SA at least a week to the expiration of the visa.

That being said, having a visa valid for three months doesn't guarantee her to stay longer than 30 days. As long as you are on a visit visa, you must leave the country not later than 30 days of entry. If you have a multiple entry visa, you can even return the following day, however be prepared to face serious interrogation from immigration. So even if she apply for eVisa, na still 30 days stay she go get. (not validity)

My honest advice is, if she plans to stay longer than 30 days, she should apply for a long stay visa. With her employer providing all supporting documents.

hunee:
Speaking as a frequent traveler, Kel, the essence of the platform is to engage ourselves technically with diverse views. You have been to SA severally, would you advise a first time traveler to enter the country 2days to her visa expiration? I am just looking at the technical aspect, so i spoke about visa conditions, and i said cases are different. Remember, she is allowed single entry too. She also wants to stay longer in Sa, even beyond that Jan she said. For her employers to have issued her those documents, she may stay longer than Jan.
Reason i said, apply for an evisa for 3 month, should incase if the need arises to stay longer, you are covered. I am looking at it from a different angle.
If she needs further information, Contact the High Commission. I understand very well, Enter or before Big Head grin. I dey reason the matter differently.
I rest my case.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
hunee:

@Africankel just confirmed he flew September 2023 to SA when his visa was about to expire. Just as you have read, so i will just lock up on the whole discussion on your visa possibilities, and hope it works out.
I aint commenting on it again.
Please keep us posted, we here to learn.
However, confirm very well from appropriate channels on possibilities. cases are not same and flight ticket is very expensive now.

These are the docs needed for your travel to SA
1. yellow card 2. Valid passport 3. flight ticket(Return) 4.Verified hotel booking 5. Some cash to show immigration(BTA) because you are a first timer. 6. If possible, your personal ID, Copy of visa.

safe flights.

To add to the bolded:- As a first timer, be sure your hotel dates and return ticket dates tally. It's also advisable to pay for your hotel fully before arriving in SA.

Any small mistake, SA immigration will send you back without thinking twice.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2023
I think she got it wrong at the inception of her application or maybe she was considering the timing for visa feedback, so she opted for an expedited process which was the short stay. However, the event turned out to be the way it is now, then she realised she may require to stay longer, hence her employers gave those documents. One thing i always do is not to hurriedly comment on a case. I study it first. i had been following her trail of messages,Prior.
Africankel:
This man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I understand your point perfectly Ayo. Given technical grounds as you have mentioned, I'd rather she arrives SA at least a week to the expiration of the visa.

That being said, having a visa valid for three months doesn't guarantee her to stay longer than 30 days. As long as you are on a visit visa, you must leave the country not later than 30 days of entry. If you have a multiple entry visa, you can even return the following day, however be prepared to face serious interrogation from immigration. So even if she apply for eVisa, na still 30 days stay she go get. (not validity)

My honest advice is, if she plans to stay longer than 30 days, she should apply for a long stay visa. With her employer providing all supporting documents.

Understanding the right category is very important when applying for visas. For some of us who travel frequently, we gather alot of information about a process first,before we begin.
I think those were some errors adhincho. That been said, I was allowed 90day straight stay on my last E visa. So the option may still hold.

You have also spoken about the long stay visa which may not be quicker now considering the timing, I am sure she is preparing for her trip already. It is just 4 days to the last month in 2023.
Embassies are very busy now with applications, so she may as well look at what can fly quickly on her end.
What we do here is to give advise based on our experiences, it is left for you(Applicants) to decide.

On this note, i call it a night, and send my regards to Comrade Kelly Montana for the constructive engagements cool

See you guys tommorow!
Goodnight House wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2023
E-visa outcome received after 2 weeks.
Points to note, when applying for the visa try to ensure that the bank address matches the address you fill in the form.
Secondly, try to ensure you upload clear pages of your statement this was what delayed my application.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2023
Abigbo:
Points to note, when applying for the visa try to ensure that the bank address matches the address you fill in the form.
Secondly, try to ensure you upload clear pages of your statement this was what delayed my application.
Congratulations 🎊
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2023
Abigbo:
You got the visa at the second or third shot?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 10:58am On Nov 27, 2023
1st application.
I sent a mailafter 2weeks of not receivinga responseand was asked to update my bank statement because the one i uploaded wasn't clear.
I did that this morning and got the permit in a few minutes time
hunee:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2023
I applied on the 9th of November
hunee:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2023
smart
Abigbo:
1st application.
I sent a mailafter 2weeks of not receivinga responseand was asked to update my bank statement because the one i uploaded wasn't clear.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2023
Ok, perfect.
Abigbo:
I applied on the 9th of November
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bombzy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Please check your mail bro
Abigbo:
1st application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
No mail received yet.
Bombzy:
Please check your mail bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bombzy(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
I have sent a mail twice via nairaland, please check your spam folder or how else can I reach you
Abigbo:
No mail received yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rechecked the spam now nothing there.
Why not lay your complaints here so it can be addressed.
Bombzy:
I have sent a mail twice via nairaland, please check your spam folder or how else can I reach you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 12:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Bombzy post your message here . Or you mail me if it is something private. hunee842@gmail.com I will be willing to help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Advans(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
Am applying for one year Post Doc in S/A. I learnt I have to choose the Visitor's Visa section 11(1)B but this option is not available in the eVisa application when I clicked the dropdown list. The only one available is Visitor's Visa section 11(1)A which is for visitors spending 3 months or less. Dear Nairalanders, please I would appreciate your urgent assistance here. Thanks

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
Long term visa.
Use regular route on vfs
The evisa function mostly for short term applicants.
You are advised to seek further clarifications from Vfs.
Advans:
Am applying for one year Post Doc in S/A. I learnt I have to choose the Visitor's Visa section 11(1)B but this option is not available in the eVisa application when I clicked the dropdown list. The only one available is Visitor's Visa section 11(1)A which is for visitors spending 3 months or less. Dear Nairalanders, please I would appreciate your urgent assistance here. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by horlorbah(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good afternoon house, I got the attached email yesterday afternoon. Then I went to VFS this morning with my passport for submission but I was told that it was an error email so they didn't allow me drop my passport saying they will contact me again. Please has anyone ever experienced this?? What was the later outcome??

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
this one shocked me oo and you have 2 days
horlorbah:
Good afternoon house, I got the attached email yesterday afternoon. Then I went to VFS this morning with my passport for submission but I was told that it was an error email so they didn't allow me drop my passport saying they will contact me again. Please has anyone ever experienced this?? What was the later outcome??

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: akindele214(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.