Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735780 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2023
Ps do you advise I send them an email? Vfs online they have an emailfor follow up.

Because my travel date is quite close.

I paid 80 dollars..ook plenty money

hunee:
Ok, keep checking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2023
Good morning everyone, please does anyone know where i can get my NIN done in South Africa? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Massivedick: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2023
Hi guys, I am heading to Sandton, Johannesburg on the 22nd. Please how safe is it for Nigerians? I want to know as I have heard some sad stories from SA. My first time to SA. Where and where are the best places to visit? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2023
Hello All,

My VFSonline application was denied because my bank statement has not been on for up to three months, My bank statement was printed on the 1st of December application was submitted on the 6th of December - The period Printed was betweeN the 1st Sept - till date - The last time I withdrew from the account was was in November.

Please how does this bank statement less than 3 months, After paying 83 dollars and this is what I get? Even when my employer is even SA.

What do I do ?? I have sent an email attaching the bank statement I put on the application

Massivedick:
Hi guys, I am heading to Sandton, Johannesburg on the 22nd. Please how safe is it for Nigerians? I want to know as I have heard some sad stories from SA. My first time to SA. Where and where are the best places to visit? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2023
Massivedick:

Sandton is nice, however, take extra precautions everywhere in Johannesburg. Especially the CBD. Cape Town is much safer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2023
Any response to this please??

dexydidi:
Hello All,

My VFSonline application was denied because my bank statement has not been on for up to three months, My bank statement was printed on the 1st of December application was submitted on the 6th of December - The period Printed was between the 1st Sept - till date - The last time I withdrew from the account was was in November.

Please how does this bank statement less than 3 months, After paying 83 dollars and this is what I get? Even when my employer is even SA.

What do I do ?? I have sent an email attaching the bank statement I put on the application

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
SA,will find funny reason to deny people visa,this Saturday 3 people were sent back to Nigeria on account of visa issues at the point of entry.
dexydidi:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
Reapply again, don't be distressed
dexydidi:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
Reapply again this is my 4th APPLICATION TO THEM
Sojeezy247:
Reapply again, don't be distressed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hello!
I applied for a South Africa visit visa last month.
I’ve just been requested to submit my international passport to South Africa Visa Application Centre within 2 working days.

1) Does that mean I’ve been granted the visa.
2) What could happen if my passport doesn’t get there within two working days as mentioned in the email? Can the visa be withdrawn because of late submission of my passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2023
Yes. Most likely approved, also notify them of your movements.
lusen:
Hello!
I’ve just been requested to submit my international passport to South Africa Visa Application Centre within 2 working days.

2) What could happen if my passport doesn’t get there within two working days as mentioned in the email? Can the visa be withdrawn because of last submission of my passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
why sandton. stay safe o. i will drop a list of safe places later today for first timers. @Africankel, lets do this as you na SA VIP
Massivedick:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 11:09am On Dec 21, 2023
hunee:
Yes. Most likely approved, also notify them of your movements.

Thanks.
I’m not in Nigeria at the moment but I’ve sent my passport to the visa application centre as requested.

My passport will get to the visa application after one week. It was stated in the email I received that I need to submit my passport within two days.

Hope there won’t be any issue of any kind if my passport arrive at the centre after 10 days?

Also, I have applied for a visit visa, which I believe has a validity of three months. I would like to know if the three-month duration commences from the day I received the email requesting my passport submission or from the day the visa is stamped on my passport.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
lusen:
Hello!

2) What could happen if my passport doesn’t get there within two working days as mentioned in the email? Can the visa be withdrawn because of late submission of my passport?

Hi guys,
Yesterday I received a call from VFS to submit my passport within 2working days.passport submitted same day. And I tried to track the application but it’s no longer trackable.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
You won't be able to track again, because decision has been made already,so go and submit and get your visa
Graceness777:

Hi guys,
Yesterday I received a call from VFS to submit my passport within 2working days.passport submitted same day. And I tried to track the application but it’s no longer trackable.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
@hunee and @afrikanel

Pls do you all know where I can get the list of micro lenders in South Africa??

PLEASE ANYONE who has been living in south africa for a while.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
I hope you know from tomorrow the visa facilitation center will be closed till 3rd of January and also the embassy are closing tomorrow till. 3rd of January too ?
Graceness777:

Hi guys,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
I hope you know that VFS will close for holiday tomorrow
And also the south South Africa embassy will also go on break tomorrow?
Hope you are aware go and read the news letter on VFS portal

lusen:

Thanks.
I’m not in Nigeria at the moment but I’ve sent my passport to the visa application centre as requested.

My passport will get to the visa application after one week. It was stated in the email I received that I need to submit my passport within two days.

Hope there won’t be any issue of any kind if my passport arrive at the centre after 10 days?

Also, I have applied for a visit visa, which I believe has a validity of three months. I would like to know if the three-month duration commences from the day I received the email requesting my passport submission or from the day the visa is stamped on my passport.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
Graceness777:

Yes. I read the newsletter. VFS South Africa will be closed ONLY for SUBMISSION of Visa Applications. It is stated in the newsletter that they will remain open to release processed applications to applicants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Then maybe you should read again
lusen:

Yes. I read the newsletter. VFS South Africa will be closed ONLY for SUBMISSION of Visa Applications. It is stated in the newsletter that they will remain open to release processed applications to applicants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 12:33am On Dec 22, 2023
What about online applications?? Can they attend to it??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 12:35am On Dec 22, 2023
Does this affect online applications too? VFSonline??

Graceness777:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 2:12am On Dec 22, 2023
Graceness777:
Then maybe you should read again

Here is a screenshot of the newsletter on VFS website. Read it carefully pls.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 3:42am On Dec 22, 2023
It says the embassy will continue to release processed application till 22nd of December

Which is today.
lusen:

Here is a screenshot of the newsletter on VFS website. Read it carefully pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 4:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Graceness777:
It says the embassy will continue to release processed application till 22nd of December

Which is today.

Yes, I understand.
My application has already been processed by the embassy and released to VHS.
I’ve already gotten an email from VHS to submit my passport within two working days. I wouldn’t have gotten that email if my application hasn’t been released to them.
I have no business with the embassy at this stage.
I only need to submit my passport to VHS and get my visa stamped on it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 4:28am On Dec 22, 2023
wait till you receive yours.
lusen:

Thanks.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Austinudoh: 6:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Hello everyone

Is there anyone here living in Johannesburg who can change some money from naira to rands?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2023
Well it is still the embassy that will stamp it not VFS,VFS will only take your passport and send to the embassy,they are not the one to stamp your passport.
lusen:

Yes, I understand.
I’ve already gotten an email from VHS to submit my passport within two working days. I wouldn’t have gotten that email if my application hasn’t been released to them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2023
Sojeezy247:
Well it is still the embassy that will stamp it not VFS,VFS will only take your passport and send to the embassy,they are not the one to stamp your passport.

Okay! I will make my findings on that.
Thanks for the information.

Now that my passport won’t get to VHS within two days (or even two weeks) as requested in the email they sent to me. What will happen? Just curious. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 9:36am On Dec 22, 2023
Africankel:

Sandton is nice, however, take extra precautions everywhere in Johannesburg. Especially the CBD. Cape Town is much safer.

What of Midrand. That's where I normally stay when I come there.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2023
The embassy only sent VFS message to request for the submission of your passport . They still need to forward your passport to the embassy .when I submitted mine I got a message it has been forwarded to the high commission
lusen:

Yes, I understand.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2023
You shouldn’t ask us, instead it’s best you place a call through to VFS and explain the situation to them immediately
lusen:

Okay! I will make my findings on that.
Thanks for the information.

Now that my passport won’t get to VHS within two days (or even two weeks) as requested in the email they sent to me. What will happen? Just curious. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.