Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735931 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favourafrica: 7:36pm On Jan 15
Hello guys, so I applied for the E visa through the DHA website on the first of January and yet no response and please I’m currently in Canada as a Nigerian, do I need to summit my passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sojeezy247: 9:15pm On Jan 15
No you don't need to submit your passport,since it is EVisa
Favourafrica:
Hello guys, so I applied for the E visa through the DHA website on the first of January and yet no response and please I’m currently in Canada as a Nigerian, do I need to summit my passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by benjijosh(m): 2:00am On Jan 16
Can anyone point me to how I can get a valid yellow fever card? Thr right and legit process only, please.

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 2:29am On Jan 16
Bros, go to the Toll gate at Airport Intl, Just adjacent is the Port Health office, everything you will spend will not pass 4-5k
benjijosh:
Can anyone point me to how I can get a valid yellow fever card? Thr right and legit process only, please.

Thank you
depending on urgency. Please do as adviced, simple and straight forward.
Please note: Hold your passport and fill this form ahead, make payment and go with the slip
https://yellowcardnigeria.com/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by benjijosh(m): 8:48am On Jan 16
hunee:
Bros, go to the Toll gate at Airport Intl, Just adjacent is the Port Health office, everything you will spend will not pass 4-5k
depending on urgency. Please do as adviced, simple and straight forward.
Please note: Hold your passport and fill this form ahead, make payment and go with the slip
https://yellowcardnigeria.com/

Thank you and God bless

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 9:45am On Jan 16
I am in the same delima.....since last year 22nd, several mails yet no response.

I then asked them to refund me.

Favourafrica:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sweetseun: 6:46pm On Jan 16
akinola12345:
i have been having problems making payments on dha i dont know if its my card i already tried using both dollar and naira card but still decline please house what should i do. Thanks

good evening,
please are you able to pay with Kuda Bank Card?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vozkini(m): 8:38pm On Jan 16
@ Hunee. Please have you read my mails. Am back to Nigeria. I have some observation I made to you on the email.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by benjijosh(m): 1:08am On Jan 17
Hello house,

I need clarification on the flight itinerary or booking upload for my eVisa on dha website.

I don’t want to book a flight down as it’s about $1,300

How can I go about it or where can I reserve flights without paying?

Thanks

* I have my hotel booking
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmanuelle27: 2:09am On Jan 17
spiceeamiee:
Yes please. A little update; My application got refused on the grounds that my bank refused to respond to inquiries on my statement. Reached out to my bank. At first they denied, after 24hours they called back apologizing that they were just seeing thee email. 87 usd and all the stress down the drain Cc @hunee

which useless Bank is this let's just be aware of them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 9:21am On Jan 17
Use travelbeta to book dummy flight, dont go and book real flight when you are not certain you would get the visa

benjijosh:
Hello house,

I need clarification on the flight itinerary or booking upload for my eVisa on dha website.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omix2: 1:22pm On Jan 17
benjijosh:
Hello house,

Thanks

An unpaid flight booking directly from an airline or online travel agency (travelwings/travelstart..) would do.
Visa applicants are usually advised to not purchase flight tickets until their visas have been approved. The itinerary is just meant to show the consular officer the dates and the ports you plan to enter and exit the country through, amongst other things.
P.S. Take the time to find better deals. There are return tickets for direct flights that don't even cost close to that.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by profdam(m): 5:06pm On Jan 17
Thank you to everyone contributing to this thread. I finally got my E-visa after send an email to all the email addresses I could scavenge from the beginning to the end of this thread grin
So, if anyone has an urgent need to travel and the visa is not forthcoming, I recommend sending an email with details of purpose of trip as well as all documents attached. I got mine few hours after sending the email. Goodluck to all others.

profdam:
Is there a difference between applying for E-visa directly through the DHA website and going through VFS to apply for the same E-visa? I mean in term of speed of response. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by benjijosh(m): 12:47am On Jan 18
Omix2:

An unpaid flight booking directly from an airline or online travel agency (travelwings/travelstart..) would do.
Visa applicants are usually advised to not purchase flight tickets until their visas have been approved. The itinerary is just meant to show the consular officer the dates and the ports you plan to enter and exit the country through, amongst other things.
P.S. Take the time to find better deals. There are return tickets for direct flights that don't even cost close to that.

Thank you for your input. I did as advised and submitted it already. I hope I get the eVisa approved. Probably the hardest visa I ever had to apply for. I want a direct flight but the cheaper ones have multiple stops
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 9:39am On Jan 18
Pls share the email asap plss

profdam:
Thank you to everyone contributing to this thread. I finally got my E-visa after send an email to all the email addresses I could scavenge from the beginning to the end of this thread grin
So, if anyone has an urgent need to travel and the visa is not forthcoming, I recommend sending an email with details of purpose of trip as well as all documents attached. I got mine few hours after sending the email. Goodluck to all others.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by profdam(m): 10:28am On Jan 18
These are the email addresses I was able to gather:

HACC@dha.gov.za
Yusuf.sumons@dha.go.za
Tommy.makhode@dha.gov.za
Shabnam.karachi@dha.go.za
Tshifhiwa.maiwashe@dha.gov.za
Yogie.travern@dha.gov.za
Nischal.jaynaran@dha.gov.za
Rooi.skosana@dha.gov.za

Goodluck!

dexydidi:
Pls share the email asap plss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omix2: 6:06pm On Jan 18
benjijosh:

Thank you for your input. I did as advised and submitted it already. I hope I get the eVisa approved. Probably the hardest visa I ever had to apply for. I want a direct flight but the cheaper ones have multiple stops

Hardest?! It gets easier however.
That's usually the case, that direct flights are costlier than 1/2 connection flights.
See attached. I'm sure there're cheaper ones, depending on selected dates

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dynamicd28(m): 1:14am On Jan 19
profdam:
These are the email addresses I was able to gather:

HACC@dha.gov.za
Yusuf.sumons@dha.go.za
Tommy.makhode@dha.gov.za
Shabnam.karachi@dha.go.za
Tshifhiwa.maiwashe@dha.gov.za
Yogie.travern@dha.gov.za
Nischal.jaynaran@dha.gov.za
Rooi.skosana@dha.gov.za

Goodluck!

I sent to the same emails on 28/12/2024 no response. I have sent 34 emails as at today to Hacc since 4/12/2023. my application was submitted 3 months and 6 days ago smiley grin The grind continues. we will get it lol

I sent to the same emails on 28/12/2024 no response. I have sent 34 emails as at today to Hacc since 4/12/2023. My application was submitted 3 months and 6 days ago smiley grin The grind continues. we will get it lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:57am On Jan 19
dynamicd28:

I sent to the same emails on 28/12/2024 no response. I have sent 34 emails as at today to Hacc since 4/12/2023. My application was submitted 3 months and 6 days ago smiley grin The grind continues. we will get it lol

Hello guys?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dexydidi(f): 2:00pm On Jan 19
Dha is mad then. Which site did u use?

dynamicd28:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19
Hello house,

My passport was delivered today, and I have been granted a South African visitor's visa.

The visa was issued on the 17th of January 2024, and it was stated that I must enter South Africa on or before the 29th of February 2024.

I have a couple of questions:
1) I understand that a tourist visa for South Africa is typically granted for a stay of 3 months in the country. However, the condition on my visa states that I can only be admitted to SA for 30 days. Has there been a recent change to reduce the permitted stay from 3 months (90 days) to 30 days?

2) It was specified on my visa that I must enter SA on or before 29/02/2024. If I arrive in SA on 27/02/2024, am I required to depart the country on or before 29/02/2024, or can I stay in the country for 30 days starting from 27/02/2024?

I would greatly appreciate some clarification on these matters.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dynamicd28(m): 10:46pm On Jan 19
dexydidi:
Dha is mad then. Which site did u use?

https://ehome.dha.gov.za/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 1:14am On Jan 20
1. There's been a change in the issuing pattern for SA visas. I'm told the new Consular-General (Not High Commissioner), now issues visa validity from 10 days to 3 months (Three months is the maximum for short stay). Hence the previous statutory three-month validity rule, no longer apply. The stay on sticker visas has never been three months. While you may be offered a three month validity visa, you are only allowed to stay for 30 days on each visit, as long as the visa remains valid.

2. If you arrive SA on 27/02/2024, you'll be authorised to stay for a period of 30 days, not two days.

lusen:
Hello house,

My passport was delivered today, and I have been granted a South African visitor's visa.

The visa was issued on the 17th of January 2024, and it was stated that I must enter South Africa on or before the 29th of February 2024.

1) I understand that a tourist visa for South Africa is typically granted for a stay of 3 months in the country. However, the condition on my visa states that I can only be admitted to SA for 30 days. Has there been a recent change to reduce the permitted stay from 3 months (90 days) to 30 days?

2) It was specified on my visa that I must enter SA on or before 29/02/2024. If I arrive in SA on 27/02/2024, am I required to depart the country on or before 29/02/2024, or can I stay in the country for 30 days starting from 27/02/2024?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Brispy: 3:48pm On Jan 20
Hello house
I applied for SA e visa since December 12th , but no response from them till date . The flight I booked has exceeded the travel date . What should I do?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by barleeh: 3:50am On Jan 21
Brispy:
Hello house
I applied for SA e visa since December 12th , but no response from them till date . The flight I booked has exceeded the travel date . What should I do?
Same here, I applied on the 7th of December, No response. My flight date is in few days time. Usually, they should still issue your visa irrespective. I have had similar situations with other countries such as UK before. U do not need to do anything, They will still issue your visa if it’s approved even though your travel date has passed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lusen(m): 11:45am On Jan 21
Africankel:
1. There's been a change in the issuing pattern for SA visas. I'm told the new Consular-General (Not High Commissioner), now issues visa validity from 10 days to 3 months (Three months is the maximum for short stay). Hence the previous statutory three-month validity rule, no longer apply. The stay on sticker visas has never been three months. While you may be offered a three month validity visa, you are only allowed to stay for 30 days on each visit, as long as the visa remains valid.

2. If you arrive SA on 27/02/2024, you'll be authorised to stay for a period of 30 days, not two days.

Alright! Thanks for the information.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Theophinio(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21
Africankel:

That is definitely not an issue. In 2023, I applied for renewal two days after mine expired and it was granted. My current visa expires on January 30, 2024, however I applied today for it be renewed, and I'm certain it will be approved.

In your case, I suspect it was approved but wasn't affixed in your passport in error.

Although it has been nearly seven years, I'll suggest you write to the High Commission, seeking to know if it was approved or refused and the reasons for refusal if so. Let them know you took no action at the time because you assumed it was refused and had no need to reapply until now. And that this information will aid in you fill the application form truthfully.

Another option will be to just apply, and raise these concerns in your introduction letter.

Sir, Please can a SA tourist visa be extended while still in SA

Am asking because a cousin plans to relocate to SA through tourist visa for hustling purpose

What's your advice or take on this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fikkyville(m): 9:34pm On Jan 21
i want to say a Big congratulations to you and and all will be well with you ,as you started the year with a positive news so shall it be for you through out the year and beyond amen] please i am so sorry top border you i just want to know how to go about the south Africa visit/tourist visa . i will be very gratefully if you can share more insight on how its done ,what are the requirements and all .i am also planning to visit SA this year by GOD GRACE please share some info if you can .
lusen:
Hello house,

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 11:18pm On Jan 21
You cannot extend a tourist visa while in SA.

It is also not advisable to misuse the visa category. If your cousin wants to relocate to SA, there are legitimate ways to do so.

Theophinio:

Sir, Please can a SA tourist visa be extended while still in SA

Am asking because a cousin plans to relocate to SA through tourist visa for hustling purpose

What's your advice or take on this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Theophinio(m): 9:46am On Jan 22
Africankel:
You cannot extend a tourist visa while in SA.

It is also not advisable to misuse the visa category. If your cousin wants to relocate to SA, there are legitimate ways to do so.

Thanks for your candid advice
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrOA: 10:41am On Jan 22
If you enter RSA with a visitor's visa, your stay will be limited to 30 days at the point of entry, by the immigration officer, and will be stamped on your passport. The 30 days start counting from your day of arrival.
2. You cannot change your visa to any other one. You must exit to your country of origin or to another country that you have her visa. Otherwise, you will be committing immigration offence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.