Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,720 members, 7,865,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1764236 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JerriBerry(m): 12:42pm On May 23
080bjaked:

Just FYI Sir, you would need to provide a cogent reason why you can't apply for US Visa from your home country or where you are resident. Unfortunately, Visitor's visa holders in SA are not considered resident.
For most countries, they won't even allow you submit the application, for US, you may be allowed to submit but there is a very high chance of denial.
Just have that in mind when going to SA assuming you and your friend find a miraculous way of convincing the SA consulate about the relationship which is actually another difficult part. It's hard enough for SA citizens to sponsor Nigerians right now, let alone someone that's not even a citizen trying to sponsor/invite a Nigerian especially if you don't have a good travel history (apologies if my assumption here is wrong)

Everything is possible though but have these points in mind.
Yeah thanks so much for the response. I wouldn’t dare apply for a US visitors visa in SA straight up. What I was looking forward to was to either stay there for a few years and find my path to the US. And my question is what and how do I process the entire thing starting from the visiting visa process to SA and how I can overturn that into a residential or any type of visa that can make my stay permanent for a while there. Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 3:52pm On May 23
You CAN apply for a US visa from Cape Town. Upon booking an appointment, they'll ask if you are coming from another country to apply for the visa, your response will determine the appointment date they'll give you, as they prioritize citizens and residents.

That being said, any individual can apply for a US visa from any country as long as they are legally in that country, irrespective of status. However, those who apply in countries where they are not citizens or permanent residents may likely be refused. They also have to provide reasons other than convenience or unavailability of appointment in their usual country of residence.

I can however tell you for free that US visa interviews in Cape Town and many other parts of the world are a lot easier than Nigeria.

GIVE IT A SHOT. Just give them plenty reasons why you'll return to Nigeria at the end of your visit. And make sure you haven't overstayed your SA visa at the time of your interview.

You can also apply from Mozambique, Lesotho or Botswana. US Embassy in Botswana attends to none-residents only on the second and third Thursday of the month.

JerriBerry:
My greetings to all Nairalanders. I have a Female White friend who’s coming to South Africa next year, we’ve been friends since pre COVID tho. She’s been to Morocco the past couple years and SA is her next country on this continent and she wants me to come and she’s paying for literally every expenses.
My problem is I don’t know where and how to start the whole procedure and process of applying for a SA visa and mind you I don’t plan on coming back to naija anytime soon cause I’d love to move to the US from there hopefully which she’s aware of. I tried seeing what my chances are of getting a US visitors visa from here but it’s pretty slim. So how and what am I supposed to do. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirrotex: 5:26pm On May 23
Many thanks. Is it the same fee for children please?
BigMasquerade1:
Appointment is 29k
Visa fee 14k +

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LalastiklaIa(m): 1:40pm On May 24
hunee:
Write the embassy or visit your submission center

Thanks I wrote to them and my passport has been delivered with 15 days single entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 1:48pm On May 24
Thank you sir, Safe travels.
LalastiklaIa:

Thanks I wrote to them and my passport has been delivered with 15 days single entry.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JerriBerry(m): 3:22pm On May 24
Africankel:
You CAN apply for a US visa from Cape Town. Upon booking an appointment, they'll ask if you are coming from another country to apply for the visa, your response will determine the appointment date they'll give you, as they prioritize citizens and residents.

That being said, any individual can apply for a US visa from any country as long as they are legally in that country, irrespective of status. However, those who apply in countries where they are not citizens or permanent residents may likely be refused. They also have to provide reasons other than convenience or unavailability of appointment in their usual country of residence.

I can however tell you for free that US visa interviews in Cape Town and many other parts of the world are a lot easier than Nigeria.

GIVE IT A SHOT. Just give them plenty reasons why you'll return to Nigeria at the end of your visit. And make sure you haven't overstayed your SA visa at the time of your interview.

You can also apply from Mozambique, Lesotho or Botswana. US Embassy in Botswana attends to none-residents only on the second and third Thursday of the month.

Thanks. I never knew you could apply for a US visa in another country you’re legally in so fast like that. I know I might likely be refused as well but I’m being optimistic as to I got a better chance there than here. I don’t know how fast one could get a visa appointment there coz the vacation will only last for a week or so but mind you I wouldn’t apply for a visa that short, probably like 8-12 weeks yunno cause I need the time for the entire process and I’d like to know everything about the SA visa application here. If you wouldn’t mind I’d like you to help me a bit there cause I’m totally naive about how SA embassies and visa works or anyone who could. Thanks any positive inputs is highly appreciated 🙏🏿
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LalastiklaIa(m): 4:54pm On May 24
hunee:
Thank you sir, Safe travels.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Africankel(m): 5:11pm On May 24
Try reading a couple of the previous pages on this thread, you'll be properly guided on how to apply for a visa to SA.

JerriBerry:

Thanks. I never knew you could apply for a US visa in another country you’re legally in so fast like that. I know I might likely be refused as well but I’m being optimistic as to I got a better chance there than here. I don’t know how fast one could get a visa appointment there coz the vacation will only last for a week or so but mind you I wouldn’t apply for a visa that short, probably like 8-12 weeks yunno cause I need the time for the entire process and I’d like to know everything about the SA visa application here. If you wouldn’t mind I’d like you to help me a bit there cause I’m totally naive about how SA embassies and visa works or anyone who could. Thanks any positive inputs is highly appreciated 🙏🏿

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mekanta7(m): 7:56pm On May 24
JerriBerry:

Yes you can apply for US visa from any country they have embassy.
I have applied for us visa from London while on UK visitor visa. Just be ready to answer extra questions on why you couldn't apply from country of your residence.
If you have money to spare, go on tourism in Mauritius.
Go to US embassy mauritius, you don't need visa to mauritius.
Just make your application straightforward.
Nobody dey that embassy, i schooled and lived there.
US visa on Nigerian passport outside your place of residence is 40/60..
God bless ❤️

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JerriBerry(m): 8:06pm On May 24
mekanta7:

I have applied for us visa from London while on UK visitor visa. Just be ready to answer extra questions on why you couldn't apply from country of your residence.
Oh wow that’s great. And what sorts of answers would be decent and convincing to the consular. Thanks! I’ll try and see how to get a SA visitors visa for at least 8 wks and how fast one can get an appointment for a US visitors visa while in SA already. I only have one shot at this and I won’t screw it up 🙏🏿
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 8:54pm On May 24
Interesting, and was the visa granted? I am just hearing this.
JerriBerry:

Oh wow that’s great. And what sorts of answers would be decent and convincing to the consular. Thanks! I’ll try and see how to get a SA visitors visa for at least 8 wks and how fast one can get an appointment for a US visitors visa while in SA already. I only have one shot at this and I won’t screw it up 🙏🏿
More because you said visitor visa.
I had tot that was only possible on a resident permit.
Please enlighten us.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JerriBerry(m): 9:41pm On May 24
hunee:
Interesting, and was the visa granted? I am just hearing this.
More because you said visitor visa.
I had tot that was only possible on a resident permit.
Please enlighten us.
For real bro, I don’t know a thing about SA visas, if it was the US or Europe I pretty much know a lot about it but the former I don’t. And btw I haven’t gotten a visa yet, I’m just gathering my facts and knowledge about the whole thing for now before I start. Go through the entire thread, you’ll definitely get something that pertains to your case.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mekanta7(m): 9:47pm On May 24
JerriBerry:

My case was delicate lol..
I was asked 3 vital questions.
1. When did i enter the UK,
2. I was asked why i didn't apply from Mauritius,
3. Why didn't i choose UK for my internship but US,
I applied for J1 visa for intern.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SamUEUKZ(m): 12:40pm On May 27
Dear Nairalanders,
I am writing to express my utmost appreciation for the incredible support, guidance, and encouragement provided by everyone. Your step-by-step guide and unwavering motivation played a pivotal role in my successful acquisition of a Study visa for my PhD. Additionally, I am delighted to inform you that I accomplished this feat without relying on any agents or intermediaries other than this thread.

I submitted my Visa Application in VFS Abuja office on 2nd May 2024. After a week, I got a call from Home Affairs that I should reach out to my school (UKZN) and my Medical Aid to respond to the mail that was sent to them for the confirmation of the authenticity of my admission and my Health Cover, I communicated the school and CompCare medical aid. Home Affairs later called me on 20th May to acknowledge that they have received the confirmation.

I was notified on 24th to submit my passport which I did on 25th around 9:30am. I got mailed that it's ready for collection around 2:45pm same day but because it was Friday, the courier service delivered it to me today been 27th May.

Thank you once again for your unwavering support, dedication, and commitment towards the success of aspiring students like me. May Nairaland particularly this thread continue to be a beacon of guidance, inspiration, and success for many more individuals in the future.

8 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slushy: 6:46pm On May 30
Hi guys. Please I received the letter below from the online visa site. How can I find what documents they’re asking me to upload. Also which section can I upload them to. Thank you

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 9:29pm On May 30

slushy:
Hi guys. Please I received the letter below from the online visa site. How can I find what documents they’re asking me to upload. Also which section can I upload them to. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slushy: 10:25pm On May 30
I did this. Still didn’t see it. I can’t see a specific document upload request The only thing I see is this letter.
Abigbo:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:12pm On May 30
worryless about it, its an autogenerated message. Pay and wait for the adjudication outcome.
slushy:
I did this. Still didn’t see it. I can’t see a specific document upload request The only thing I see is this letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by donking012: 3:34pm On Jun 03
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BigMasquerade1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03
Yes , it qualified for evisa and sticker, you can apply for anyone

donking012:
SA visa processing takes how long ? do you have an idea?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Queenyetun: 12:16pm On Jun 06
Good morning fam
Is there any lady making plans to go to SA in July. Kindly indicate, I need a travel buddy. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by itoghor0007(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06
Please is there any transport service from lagos to South Africa and how much, and wat do i need
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dende3: 11:34pm On Jun 06
mekanta7:

If you have money to spare, go on tourism in Mauritius.
Go to US embassy mauritius, you don't need visa to mauritius.
Just make your application straightforward.
Nobody dey that embassy, i schooled and lived there.
US visa on Nigerian passport outside your place of residence is 40/60..
God bless ❤️

Please xplain this better Sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dende3: 4:20am On Jun 07
Genevach:
I can get the S.A. evisa faster for you
24 hours processing time. validity is 3months

Please drop your contact of Dm me ,thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 9:43am On Jun 07
Hi guys
Is South Africa now issuing 3months without conditions
dende3:

Please drop your contact of Dm me ,thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peters474: 9:35am On Jun 08
hunee:
worryless about it, its an autogenerated message. Pay and wait for the adjudication outcome.

Please I was also asked to provide a required document- 1st Notice Letter. I guess it should be a letter of notice for a visa application. I have written the letter but there is nowhere to upload, and it is saying "We have encountered a problem. Please send an email to hacc@dha.gov.za and quote number:4910925" I have sent several emails and quoted different numbers because each time I log in the number keeps changing. and there is nowhere to make payment, because it did not allow to. Please how do I proceed from here?

Thank you and God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:44am On Jun 08
Screenshot, let see it
Peters474:

Please I was also asked to provide a required document- 1st Notice Letter. I guess it should be a letter of notice for a visa application. I have written the letter but there is nowhere to upload, and it is saying "We have encountered a problem. Please send an email to hacc@dha.gov.za and quote number:4910925" I have sent several emails and quoted different numbers because each time I log in the number keeps changing. and there is nowhere to make payment, because it did not allow to. Please how do I proceed from here?

Thank you and God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peters474: 10:31am On Jun 08
hunee:
Screenshot, let see it

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 11:22am On Jun 08
bros, this issue is as a result of the file of the documents. try to reduce the version and work with the 5mb max given. Read the instructions on the upload page carefully.[quote author=Peters474 post=130364347][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peters474: 12:08pm On Jun 08
hunee:
bros, this issue is as a result of the file of the documents. try to reduce the version and work with the 5mb max given. Read the instructions on the upload page carefully.

I have already uploaded the documents. It is now requesting for an additional documents of the 1st Notice Letter. I have written the letter but there is no portal to load it is saying 'Currently not available, unfortunately no supporting documents available at present'. That they have encountered a service Error that I should send an email to HACC@dha.gov.za and quote 4910993, and this number keeps changing anytime I log into the application. I have written several emails to them but no response yet.

Please kindly advise. It is very urgent.

Thank you, God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 1:13pm On Jun 08
I am lost. Have you submitted and paid 425 rands for your evisa application? what other message did you get, can you screenshot it? let us see that.
Peters474:

I have already uploaded the documents. It is now requesting for an additional documents of the 1st Notice Letter. I have written the letter but there is no portal to load it is saying 'Currently not available, unfortunately no supporting documents available at present'. That they have encountered a service Error that I should send an email to HACC@dha.gov.za and quote 4910993, and this number keeps changing anytime I log into the application. I have written several emails to them but no response yet.

Please kindly advise. It is very urgent.

Thank you, God bless.
@Africankel
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peters474: 7:02pm On Jun 09
hunee:
When you want an issue resolved, please explain yourself well. I dont even understand what you are saying. I am lost. Have you submitted and paid 425 rands for your evisa application? what other message did you get, can you screenshot it? let us see that.
Bro Please send your email address.

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.