Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Wierd Things Found In Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Wierd Things Found In Food (1518 Views)

Nigeria Records $2.6bn Drop In Food Importation In The Last 3years / Disgusting Things Ever Found In Food. / Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wierd Things Found In Food by Diakpa(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2012
I was eating bread this morning, and i saw cockroach leg in it. I was very shocked and angry, that i had to abandon the bread. The incidence took my mind back to about 2 or 3 years ago, where i found cockroach egg in one of my favourite malt drinks. This got me questioning 'is it just me, or does it happen to others too?'
Please share ur experience(s) on finding strange things in ur foods and drinks.
N.B.: Do not include brand names, cos i don't want to be accused of killing any brand.
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by mykejones(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2012
Try buy bread from known Bakeries. It'l help.
Then ur drinks,see dat the cork was wel sealed b4 buying.
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by Diakpa(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2012
mykejones: Try buy bread from known Bakeries. It'l help.
Then ur drinks,see dat the cork was wel sealed b4 buying.
guy, for the bread, ok... but for the malt, trust me, it was sealed. besides, that doesn't excuse the manufacturers from their errors.
plus, u didn't answer my question.
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by kemmeye: 8:18pm On May 23, 2012
Diakpa: I was eating bread this morning, and i saw cockroach leg in it. I was very shocked and angry, that i had to abandon the bread. The incidence took my mind back to about 2 or 3 years ago, where i found cockroach egg in one of my favourite malt drinks. This got me questioning 'is it just me, or does it happen to others too?'
N.B.: Do not include brand names, cos i don't want to be accused of killing any brand.

Ewww thats just f0cking nasty
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 26, 2012
Diakpa:
guy, for the bread, ok... but for the malt, trust me, it was sealed. besides, that doesn't excuse the manufacturers from their errors.
plus, u didn't answer my question.
You should have sued their phucking a'ss, going by the popular 'snail in a bottle case'
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by Fraih(f): 2:13pm On May 29, 2012
Atimes risky to buy snacks from roadside hawkers,advisable at all times to get such from trustworthy products whose goods are always good at all times
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by sucezTP(f): 10:57pm On May 29, 2012
I cld rememba long ago, i was eating rice n i saw a piece of chewin stick inside...since den i stopped buyin fud frm vendors..i prepare my meal n carry it along wiaeva i go..
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by Goldieluks: 12:34am On May 30, 2012
Diakpa: I was eating bread this morning, and i saw cockroach leg in it. I was very shocked and angry, that i had to abandon the bread. The incidence took my mind back to about 2 or 3 years ago, where i found cockroach egg in one of my favourite malt drinks. This got me questioning 'is it just me, or does it happen to others too?'

Pukes#
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by Diakpa(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2012
Fraih: Atimes risky to buy snacks from roadside hawkers,advisable at all times to get such from trustworthy products whose goods are always good at all times
Guy, this isn't about buying snacks from the roadside.... the said malt drink is one of the two top and popular malt drinks in the country.
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by Diakpa(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
Zediccus: You should have sued their phucking a'ss, going by the popular 'snail in a bottle case'
guy, suing them would have been a great idea, but there was no solid and concrete evidence to nail them. all they would have done was to deny it came from their drink, and insist that i am just a gold digger.
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by PrettyCindy(f): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2012
I once bought a bottle of fernter (am sure you know the drink am referring to), opened it, was about to drink it straight from the bottle when the person i was with quickly stopped me. Reason: there was a bent cover bottle inside.

A friend of mine never drinks from any bottle except the drink is clear like sprite. Reason: she drank dead rotten cockroach from a bottle of malt.

I have witnessed a situation where someone who already drank the first half from a bottle of black beer, was pouring the remaining into the small tumbler when debris from inside the bottle poured into glass. Of course the man induced himself immediately and vomited all he had already drank. I could go on and on.

Its just that you get to find out this nonsense after you have opened the stuffs so you really don't have a case if you want to take the case up.

So op, you are not alone. Alot of persons have had one or two strange encounters similar to ours.
Re: Wierd Things Found In Food by brownusagirl(f): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2012
Are there laws in nigeria regarding food safety and sanitation The United states department of agriculture is very strict on it here. If you don't have an organization in place then write to local leaders about getting something started cuz that is disgusting.

(1) (Reply)

Delicious Carrot Cake (recipe) / .. / Igbo Vs. Yoruba Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.