Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear (43340 Views)

Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience / Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? / Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by ToyosiR(f): 12:39pm On May 23, 2012
Please help, how best do i remove it.
Doctors are on strike now.so i cant go to the hospital.
I am in surulere, lagos.
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 23, 2012
pour olive oil in the ear to soak the wool and lie down with the affected ear down keep pouring the oil with ears down and have patience....d oil na small small o no go put d whole bottle!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by ToyosiR(f): 10:47am On May 24, 2012
@punnonline Thanks so much. It worked for me. Though, it took a while.

I poured the olive oil like 3 times and after some times, i used safety pin to pull it out since i saw it was close.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 24, 2012
thank God if not one of ur ear 4 don become bass <lols!>, just get original cotton buds check d tightnes b4 using.
Have a blessed time
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by ikechukz(m): 12:32am On May 25, 2012
i actually like the wool to get stuck in my ear.it takes me less than 10 secs to get it out again.
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Nobody: 8:03am On May 25, 2012
ikechukz: i actually like the wool to get stuck in my ear.it takes me less than 10 secs to get it out again.
ehh eh? U neva jam wicked one if u jam am,nobody go tel u sey 20 na mathmatics!
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by ToyosiR(f): 9:45am On May 25, 2012
ikechukz: i actually like the wool to get stuck in my ear.it takes me less than 10 secs to get it out again.

No worry Naa, If 1day u meet d one way wicked wella, u no go wan see cotton bud for face again....

punnonline: thank God if not one of ur ear 4 don become bass <lols!>, just get original cotton buds check d tightnes b4 using.
Have a blessed time

Thank u shaa, at least u save d an ear.

Since dat day, i don dey fear put cotton bud 4 my ear.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by iyaibeji2(f): 2:29am On Jun 27, 2013
punnonline: pour olive oil in the ear to soak the wool and lie down with the affected ear down keep pouring the oil with ears down and have patience....d oil na small small o no go put d whole bottle!

I came across your reply. I tried it and it worked. Yes, it took a while but I thank God its finally out. Thanks to you too.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by lyfe(m): 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
Otologists have warned that cotton buds and wool are not to be used for cleaning ears and they always warn that you should not stick anything smaller than your elbow into your ears.

2 Likes

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by charles009(m): 4:41am On Oct 28, 2015
Thanks my brother- last night my wife forgot a bud in her ear. Tried the olive oil stuff and after about 30 mins it came out. Thank you.
pour olive oil in the ear to soak the wool and lie down with the affected ear down keep pouring the oil with ears down and have patience....d oil na small small o no go put d whole bottle!

1 Like

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Jahdiel2: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2016
Thanks, Pal! I just tried it. What water couldn't do overnight, olive oil did in a few hrs. A lot more thanks.
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by oyinthread: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pls o, have tried it and it's not coming out. What other means pls
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Priceless25: 8:06am On Apr 21, 2018
Came across this thread and wanna add to the tip provided here.. Had a similar situation, tried using olive oil and it didn't work for me coz it was deep inside my ear, went to see a family friend who is a nurse and she suggested that I use hydrogen peroxide, which I did and it came out. I took a small amount of the HP with the lid cover and diluted it with an equal amount of water, then poured it into my ear and it started forming, it's forming bubbled up the cotton bud that it was visible and close, my wife then used a match stick and pulled out the cotton bud... Saved me a trip to an Otologist's clinic.

2 Likes

Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Ifemliochukwu: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
After pouring the oil in the affected ear and laying on it, do I keep pouring the oil in the other ear while laying on the affected ear?
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Priceless25: 9:54am On Jun 10, 2018
Ifemliochukwu:

After pouring the oil in the affected ear and laying on it, do I keep pouring the oil in the other ear while laying on the affected ear?

Hope everything is ok with u now... Saw ur post late
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Nobleman487: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ifemliochukwu:

when I pour it on the affected ear,do I have to be pouring it from the none affected one or is it only the affected part that I should be pouring.
Pls explain
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by Innocenttoby: 1:18am On Jan 27, 2019
Seriously am in big trouble. Cotton bud fell into my ear since last night. We have used hydrogen per oxide and it's been kinda foaming in my ears. Up till now, nothing yet. Please someone should help a brother. I do not have olive oil right now
Re: PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear by DEBUCHMANNY: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
this very short video saved me the trouble. I'm recommending it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHUkc1naEU

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 3 Chinese Quarantined In Plateau / 8 Powerful Fruits For Better Living / Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.