Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction (16273 Views)

The Extinction Of Phone Call Centers In Nigeria .. / Why Android Won't Save Blackberry, And Blackberry Can't Help Android / How To Save Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by oayombo: 9:41pm On May 28, 2012
puplin: Na wa for u o...at first you asked if i get PUSH email like he does and when i respond u had to rephrase by saying only E & N series have that in common with BB. Tell me, is Nokia 5230 an E or N series?
Secondly, i said i don't run out of data and airtime at the same time and u say i can....do u know how i use my phone? If u must know, every data plan is usage bound, BB inclusive!!
Thirdly, what has celebs & pictures on the internet got to do with anything??
Then you talked about an engineering drawing being sent as an attachment, is the file size gonna be as large as 500mb? And the client calling while am away, away to where? What has that got to do with data?
Then i feel convenient using nimbuzz cos i have my yahoo, gmail & facebook contacts all in one app...and its a twitter client too. So, your talk of within my circle doesn't make any sense to me. Is the bbm not a circle thing too?
I really don't get the basis of your arguments o.
Nice, u obviously know what u want in a phone n i guess your Nokia gives u that satisfaction. My brother, that is all that matters....most bb users that i know only use two apps...bbm & ubersocial
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by rockiedink(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2012
This thread started as a rejoinder to an article on how RIM possibly might turn their fortunes with the Nigerian market.

But now it has become a bickering ground for BB haters versus other smartphone haterz...

I use a BB; not because I believe its the best smart phone out there - but because considering our Nigerian market it still remains the best smartphone to use.

Yes we all, myself inclusive, know that almost every other smartphone platform out there trumps BB OS; that's why they lose market share in the US and most developed countries BECAUSE, the telcos there are very much in touch with the needs of the consumers. They provide you contracts where they give you the phone almost free, if you will pay a little fixed amount every month for a period of say two years. And that monthly figure has bundled with it things like unlimited data, unlimited text messaging, unlimited intra-network minutes, and a large amount of inter network minutes as well! For example using 3 UK as a case study, you can get the 16GB iPhone bundled with 1000 minutes, 5000 SMSs and unlimited data at a monthly cost of just 33GBP(about N8500) if you will sign a 2-month contract. How much better can it get! If na naija and you wanna monetize that (at N10 per min of call and N5 per SMS) its gonna become over N35k for just SMS and calls in the same month, data exclusive! By the way, you'd get the Samsung Galaxy S III for next to nothing paying 41GBP monthly and bundled with that would be 900 minutes, unlimited SMSs and up to 5GB of data. So why would anyone not pick an iphone or android in such a scenario!

But in Nigeria where MTN and co would charge you N2000 for just 750MB(as was said by someone earlier) and you would still have to pay for every call you make and every SMS you send! Etisalat still dey try dey give Easycliq'ers 15MB every week...but dat no reach anything at all.

So in conclusion, for reasons of cost and practicality, where resources are scarce and money is an object, the Blackberry will still rule the Nigerian smartphone space...at least until our telcos start offering us reasonable contract bundles and free phones...and hey, what could you possibly wanna do on your iphone/android that the Blackberry won't do?

- You get push email, I get push email;
- You browse, I browse, with me getting more data per kobo than you sef!
- You open office documents, I edit office documents
- You have all media snazzy tins at you fingertips, I get am too! music player, video player and what have you.
- You social network, I social network in a big way too! - wahtsapp, nimbuzz, twitter, facebook...name it. Plus I'm an exclusive member of the BBM clique too wink cool grin
- You get 750MB, I get 3GB for two-thirds of your price...

Lets face it, I spend less for more than you can dream of using your fancy smartphone. But when I start earning armed robber salary and making millions like the 'cabals' grin I go sharp sharp go buy Samsung Galaxy S III plus iPad3! But till then, my BB does a very neat job thank you! tongue
But if ya papa na Dangote and money no get limit for you...use three phone sef...iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X, come get iPad3 join...na ya money dey yarn!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by ektbear: 11:45pm On May 28, 2012
AjanleKoko: Laughable to think Nigerian can save Blackberry.
Smartphone footprint in Nigeria is still under 5 million. When the likes of Samsung and Apple are shifting hundreds of millions per quarter, RIM is hoping to find redemption in Nigeria?

Abegi.

I am starting to think that their best bet might to see if they can sell themselves to Microsoft, or something.

I dunno what I would do if I were their CEO...
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by maclatunji: 12:22am On May 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

I am starting to think that their best bet might to see if they can sell themselves to Microsoft, or something.

I dunno what I would do if I were their CEO...

If Microsoft is going to buy any mobile phone company it will be Nokia, they are already working on an OS that they believe is good enough to challenge Android and iOS.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by puplin(f): 4:30am On May 29, 2012
rockiedink: This thread started as a rejoinder to an article on how RIM possibly might turn their fortunes with the Nigerian market.

But now it has become a bickering ground for BB haters versus other smartphone haterz...

I use a BB; not because I believe its the best smart phone out there - but because considering our Nigerian market it still remains the best smartphone to use.

Yes we all, myself inclusive, know that almost every other smartphone platform out there trumps BB OS; that's why they lose market share in the US and most developed countries BECAUSE, the telcos there are very much in touch with the needs of the consumers. They provide you contracts where they give you the phone almost free, if you will pay a little fixed amount every month for a period of say two years. And that monthly figure has bundled with it things like unlimited data, unlimited text messaging, unlimited intra-network minutes, and a large amount of inter network minutes as well! For example using 3 UK as a case study, you can get the 16GB iPhone bundled with 1000 minutes, 5000 SMSs and unlimited data at a monthly cost of just 33GBP(about N8500) if you will sign a 2-month contract. How much better can it get! If na naija and you wanna monetize that (at N10 per min of call and N5 per SMS) its gonna become over N35k for just SMS and calls in the same month, data exclusive! By the way, you'd get the Samsung Galaxy S III for next to nothing paying 41GBP monthly and bundled with that would be 900 minutes, unlimited SMSs and up to 5GB of data. So why would anyone not pick an iphone or android in such a scenario!

But in Nigeria where MTN and co would charge you N2000 for just 750MB(as was said by someone earlier) and you would still have to pay for every call you make and every SMS you send! Etisalat still dey try dey give Easycliq'ers 15MB every week...but dat no reach anything at all.

So in conclusion, for reasons of cost and practicality, where resources are scarce and money is an object, the Blackberry will still rule the Nigerian smartphone space...at least until our telcos start offering us reasonable contract bundles and free phones...and hey, what could you possibly wanna do on your iphone/android that the Blackberry won't do?

- You get push email, I get push email;
- You browse, I browse, with me getting more data per kobo than you sef!
- You open office documents, I edit office documents
- You have all media snazzy tins at you fingertips, I get am too! music player, video player and what have you.
- You social network, I social network in a big way too! - wahtsapp, nimbuzz, twitter, facebook...name it. Plus I'm an exclusive member of the BBM clique too wink cool grin
- You get 750MB, I get 3GB for two-thirds of your price...

Lets face it, I spend less for more than you can dream of using your fancy smartphone. But when I start earning armed robber salary and making millions like the 'cabals' grin I go sharp sharp go buy Samsung Galaxy S III plus iPad3! But till then, my BB does a very neat job thank you! tongue
But if ya papa na Dangote and money no get limit for you...use three phone sef...iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S III and HTC One X, come get iPad3 join...na ya money dey yarn!

Lol, i love this piece. Chop knuckle...but let me add that i also edit word documents on my Nokia via officesuite...and i have free pdf readers available while u only get repligo on a 10day free trial....but i think there's a guy on nairaland that's been giving people free activation code. So, i guess we both get good value for our choice of smartphones at the end.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by vokalguy(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2012
Hahah are u kidding me? Nigeria will save RIM? NAAAAH no way
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by lillaowow(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2012
RIM are dreaming, Nigerians won't save them
BTW, i'm a Nokia Symbian fan migrating do Android
and i still have to thank RIM cos using the BIS on a nokia phone is soo Sweet (maximing all appps evn to internet radio)
Blackberry Subscription on a nokia phone, [size=13pt]AWESOME!!![/size]
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Gnosticmovement(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2012
No matter hw hard they try in nigeria the market belongs to nokia...i can bet the nokia x2-01 sold more dan bold1,bold2,bold3,bold4 and bold5...nokia is simply affordable and durable....dats d key to d nigerian market
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by lillaowow(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2012
Gnosticmovement: No matter hw hard they try in nigeria the market belongs to nokia...i can bet the nokia x2-01 sold more dan bold1,bold2,bold3,bold4 and bold5...nokia is simply affordable and durable....dats d key to d nigerian market

Abeg tell them (even tho i dislike dem java phones but i still recommend it to friends esp those that might have troubles understanding a smart phone)
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2012
The reason why BB is popular in Naija is dat we love chatting alot especially students check 2go out on how popular it is just few years of introducing it in Naija anytin dat will make piple be able 2 chat without wasting airtime always go down well with naija youths even old folks who use it 4 many purposes including catching em young, most of my friends (students) who own a BB says is cus of BBM dat make dem buy a BB in other to upgrade their status 4rm 2go chatters 2 pinggers as in big boys and gals level I tink dis online dating craze in naija dat started with facebook is de motivating factors dat is behind 2go, BBM and other chat apps popularity. With BBM Blackberry will always have upper hand in Naija smartphones market
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by litaninja(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2012
Okay, i think i can rant for a bit especially as it appears that a lot of naija peeps have actually opened their eyes to the utter uselessness of the bb dumbfones. Really, a smart fone whose core funtionality is messaging? My nokia x2, a basic dual sim fone does dat wit ease via sms, i receieve too many free sms from d network operators to be bothered by the cost. By the way for those who think they get unlimited browsing on their #1500 bb plan, think again. No naija network can ever afford to give you such presently. What you are actually getting is a lotta compressed mobile content with small data size on a tiny screen hence u use up less data, and of course get a mini experience. Puhlease, 1 push email address? I have 6 setup on my android device. For the person above who's trying to download opera mini to N900, bro, you just need to do some findings before you choose ur platforms. I have a developer friend running that same fone, he says the thing is designed for developers and like minded geeks, he runs 2 full fledged linux oses & does some other things with it that even i consider geeky. Last time i had his fone t me i was surfing with the Full mozilla firefox 12. Heehee.....and oh, while you're at it, buy a data plan from ur network, before dem drill hole for ur pocket.
Apple devices are expensive, yes, they are targetted at a specific market. Those who like their toys and who want them to work straigt out of the box, do what they need till another 2 years when another version of that same toy is developed. If you fit that bill, cool. If you dont, work hard and pray, soon ur time will come na. In the mean time, work around with other actually smart fones and gadgets. And android is a good place to start *hint hint*, me sef still dey join money to buy macbook pro, but till then i will make do with tinkering my pc to optimal performance.
Still on the matter, I DONT THINK NAIJA MARKET WILL BE THE SAVIOR FOR THE WHOLE OF RIM.....but someone had also said that a regular person will not have computers in his house and will never need more that 5mb of hard disk space. So i could be wrong, but for now, you need to go get urself a smart fone. One that does not crash everytime you blink, that boots up before you sleep and wake up the next day, that does not need you to take ur generator or a solar panel on the road with you, that actually does anything other than messaging and tell your neighbour that you have arrived by buying a fone at the cost of #40k when a typical iphone goes for #80k or a good android at #50k......*smh*
Oh, did i tell u androids have the ability to crash just as much as any bb? Yea, all you need do is install any of the many incompatible software from the android market and you have a crasher on ur hands....only thing is you cause this by yourself and you can fix it. Unlike some dumbfones.......

*sheesh* rant over....
Enjoy your day folks!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Ossaifamous(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2012
am currently an android user... (my second one)
but I still knows that the BB is a special from the leas data consumption
I ve used almost 600mb tis month
blackberry is the only fairer option

all the apps we download ... hw often do we get to use them.. pls guys leave the BB folks alone

I am still with My android cost of the free wireless I get from the office
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by onome25(m): 12:47am On May 30, 2012
Tinyemeka: I felt insulted when I read the part in the article where it said most people buy a BB for the reason of aspiration and creating the impression of having "arrived". Well, I'm not most people. And that is not the reason why I bought my BB and I'm sure a lot of other share the same thought.

I was tired of hearing all the noise people kept making about the superiority of Androids, iOS and other OS over BB OS. iPhones are grossly over-priced and over-hyped. I had a bad experience with Samsung and the rest all look like China phones to me and so I got a Nokia N900. The fone has been a dead weight in my pocket. I tried browsing (which is my main interest in phones) and my entire credit was wiped out in a short time. I tried downloading Operamini v11 (there's only the Beta version for the fone). Didn't work. Conflict with the phone's Maemo 5 OS. Opera 6.5 won't download and as I discovered, there is no Opera mini version for N900. Anybody with a counter opinion should pls shout it. Now I hardly browse with the fone for fear of burning my credit and I'm back to relying on my BB.

As far as I'm concerned, BB is the best phone for the majority of Nigerians. Not everyone is a phone geek, or gamer who has to constantly rely on phone cheats and tricks to get low-cost browsing. Let's call a spade a spade.
my brother though i share in ur opinion but i disagree on comment on the nokia n900.
"i'm not rating my self though" but as a profesional HACKER, ur n900 will even browse free without credit & mb.
i.m a software developer & anything that got to do with satellite communication.i have used n900 b4 & it provides alot.just meet any one who knows how to hack & u.ll enjoy the nokia tnx.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Nobody: 1:11am On May 30, 2012
onome25:
my brother though i share in ur opinion but i disagree on comment on the nokia n900.
"i'm not rating my self though" but as a profesional HACKER, ur n900 will even browse free without credit & mb.
i.m a software developer & anything that got to do with satellite communication.i have used n900 b4 & it provides alot.just meet any one who knows how to hack & u.ll enjoy the nokia tnx.

Yet we want a better nigeria, and instead of our youths to use their gift to invent +ve things; one is here inventing hacking settings and procedures. I'm sure if you yourself get any post today, you will be the worst of all the past and present leaders. I cry for the future of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by taju4free(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2012
If i ve my way, i will just get a Blackberry. But 4 now i think i can manage my Nokia E63.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 30, 2012
speedyboi:

Yet we want a better nigeria, and instead of our youths to use their gift to invent +ve things; one is here inventing hacking settings and procedures. I'm sure if you yourself get any post today, you will be the worst of all the past and present leaders. I cry for the future of nigeria

I think you need to shut your crap. Its a normal thing and its everywhere, hacking of phones, games et al. Fb even appointed a popular game and iphone hacker, wht would you say about that? Smh for you
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 30, 2012
^ ^ ^
Mr man, are you mad or crazy.?...I was not talking to you, yet you had the guts to quote me! Idiot- as dumb as dumb can be.

I hate uncooked indecent juvenile retards quoting me, so next time; don't direct your comment when no one called you! long neck, I nor knw wen wetin concern u. If these are the kind of youths we have, sorry nigeria is far from getting better. Hackers are used when it is needed(+vely)...nt the naija way. It is not meant for spoiling other people's business. Mtcheew

Nigerian youths = scammers(yahoo yahoo), drug dealers, dubious dealers, conmen.
Always wanting to make sharp money mtcheew.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by lillaowow(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2012
speedyboi: ^ ^ ^
Mr man, are you mad or crazy.?...I was not talking to you, yet you had the guts to quote me! Idiot- as dumb as dumb can be.

I hate uncooked indecent juvenile retards quoting me, so next time; don't direct your comment when no one called you! long neck, I nor knw wen wetin concern u. If these are the kind of youths we have, sorry nigeria is far from getting better. Hackers are used when it is needed(+vely)...nt the naija way. It is not meant for spoiling other people's business. Mtcheew

Nigerian youths = scammers(yahoo yahoo), drug dealers, dubious dealers, conmen.
Always wanting to make sharp money mtcheew.

YOU'RE SOO IGNORANT!!!!..THE HACKING DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU THINK. IN A NOKIA, IT'S A SOFTWARE BY PASS AND IT IS LEGAL..BUT YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR WARRANTY(IF YU HAVE ONE THO) OR YOU CAN REMOVE THE HACK BEFORE GOING TO A NOKIA SHOP (IF YOU HAVE A BUSINES THERE)..NOKIA EVEN GIVES OUT A CERTIFICATE AND KEY TO REGISTER AND INSTALL SOFTWARE
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Bossman(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2012
While it's good that RIM is exploiting the African Market, I doubt if that will be enough to safe them. Heck, trading has even been halted on their stock.

RIM in crisis! - http://gizmodo.com/5914062/rim-in-crisis-as-a-billion-dollars-of-blackberries-and-playbooks-sit-unsold?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by maclatunji: 3:28pm On May 31, 2012
^Oh dear! What will happen to all the BBM freaks? Those guys annoy me, they make it look as if it is more than chatting.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by jpphilips(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2012
[quote author=Akainzo]

The fuss is simple:
a. Do you get always on PUSH email like he does?

push email is not a big deal, even low end javas and symbian will pass for that, neither Android nor BB will take the glory cos both will pass

b. When you run out of credit on your Nokia, what other options of communication do you have?
though the era of Nokia's symbian has passed, you can subscribe the symbian, android and BB but i doubt if BB will allow you browse without BIS, the flexibility of using both credit and data bundle is a plus for both Android and symbian but not BB

c. Do you have a secure phone?
in what sense? all OS are vulnerable, it depends on who or what is attacking it.

d. Do you have as much data allowance for the same period at the same price?

here the BB in Nigeria takes the credit because our Network providers have promotional blackberries.
they will rather make android and symbian data plans expensive to encourage people to come for their promotional BB's. if there is a regulation to that effect, symbian and android will also pass. for now BB is winning, imagine subscribing for 250mb for 1,300naira and same MTN will allocate 1gig for 1,500 for BB users. They should pray wifi hot spots doesn't spread so fast.

e. Do you have access to IM clients on the go as he does? (Note whatsapp while mimicking BBM well, doesn't still let you know when a message is read!)

i dont know how well u use whats app but if you are fortunate to use it on Android, a double green 'NIKE' sign shows the message has been read.
on this i think the Android takes the credit here, BB's IM client is BB users limited but whats app cuts across symbian, i phone, android and BB, in other words, an Android and symbian user wont need their friends to change their phones while the BB users will prefer you buy a BB to use their IM unless the person goes whats app like Android users.

battery life:

nobody takes the credit, it depends on the technology your device has.

you cannot compare a super AMOLED screen brightness with a TFT
you cannot compare HSDPA plus HSUPA with 3g UTMS 2100
you cannot compare a Quad core, dual core processor with a single 355mhz processor
you cannot compare an NFC with bluetooth
you cannot compare an 8mp/12mp camera with 3.5mp camera battery wise
you cannot compare the battery life of a phone with accelerometer sensors, gyroscope and proximity sensors with one that has nothing. etc

bottom line, battery life depends on the technology your device has and usage. standard 1,500mah li battery is ok for an average smart phone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by maclatunji: 4:02pm On May 31, 2012
^See analysis. I guess things are looking bleaker for RIM then.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 01, 2012
lillaowow:

YOU'RE SOO IGNORANT!!!!..THE HACKING DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU THINK. IN A NOKIA, IT'S A SOFTWARE BY PASS AND IT IS LEGAL..BUT YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR WARRANTY(IF YU HAVE ONE THO) OR YOU CAN REMOVE THE HACK BEFORE GOING TO A NOKIA SHOP (IF YOU HAVE A BUSINES THERE)..NOKIA EVEN GIVES OUT A CERTIFICATE AND KEY TO REGISTER AND INSTALL SOFTWARE

And another meddlesome bast/ard. It seems you are so dumb to the extent that the other guy's reply didn't teach you a lesson. Make your point without quoting me! Are you so dumb to get that simple English?

Now to what you said, tell me the use of the nokia Hacker....if you can't reply, then you are as fooli/sh as I though ..smh

Note that guy's post before replying
"i'm not rating my self though"but as a profesional HACKER, urn900 will even browse freewithout credit & mb
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Iranoladun(f): 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
You completely misunderstood my post Of course I have my phone but simply replace my bb with a tablet. You probably need a reason to unwind grin

Akainzo:

The bolded above made me laugh so much! You swapped a phone for a 10" tablet and you are hear bragging shocked shocked grin grin Na wa o! Why don't you swap the Tablet for a Samsung Smart TV with WiFi capabilties and then be enjoying it all at once. You sure cracked me up babe! Please, how do you collect people's number?, you bring out the tablet and start typing off grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Tinyemeka(m): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
onome25:

Hey bro! Kindly advise on how I'm to do it. The N900 has since been relegated to being a multimedia device and for just calls. Totally depressing. How can I browse with it at a reasonable cost abeg?
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by tobeski(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
I thinly you should search for the true meaning of hacking and clear all the misconceptions created by movies and the media. what you are talking about is better referred to as cracking (the illegal, immoral one) that did not originate in Nigeria by the way. nigerians should learn to read. its funny when two ignorant people are fighting

1 Like

Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by tobeski(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
I think you should search for the true meaning of hacking and clear all the misconceptions created by movies and the media. what you are talking about is better referred to as cracking (the illegal, immoral one) that did not originate in Nigeria by the way. nigerians should learn to read. its funny when two ignorant people are fighting
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
@@@........
I know the difference between hacking and cracking, I only replied the guy based on his statement and the point he was trying to make...
I'm not here to correct anyone on the right word to use, I just wanted to point that out as a corrupt practice.
Cracking just as scams is not originated in nigeria but nigeria is leading in the number of countries in which people crack everything crackable. Must we always lead in crime?
Are these the kinds of youths that will lead the tomorrow nigeria This will be my last post on this thread cos I can now see the kind of people I'm discussing with and their mentality. The guy on the other thread was actually right when he said;
corruption has eaten deep into the nigerian society that people don't even realise when they are engaging in it

What am I trying to say? People should stop Blaming the government for everything! To make the country great, it involves you and I. Smh I'm out!

P.S: you can call the other guys ignorants,bt not me cos I damn know what I'm talking about! If your dumb head is unable to grab the concept doesn't make me ignorant...mtcheew
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by olsmade(m): 6:49am On Jun 05, 2012
Akainzo:

My guy, quit the lies. The Bold 9900 browser beats the iPhone 4S browser hands down, in both speed and HTLM5 compatibilities!

To confirm for you, cripple the 9900 (by disabling Flash and javascript) to put it in the same mode with the iPhone 4, and then load the same webpage on both of them. Check and then return with the results!
The iPhone does seems faster in its native mode because it is crippled, NO FLASH, NO JAVASCRIPT, this are stuffs that are existing on the Androids, BBs, WinMos, WP7s.
Why would i be lying To what end? Some people just cant seem to engage in an intellectual discussion without insulting sha. I dunno if iphone 4 browser z faster dan BB's or not - u need controlled tests to say dat - but the overall experience on the iPhone 4 is richer as far as I'm concerned n ofcos dats subjective and u are entitled to ur own opinions.
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by sanmi1985: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2012
Ultimately, it seems we are all trying to defend the phones we use. but to be sincere, i neva wanted to use BB but i was forced to use it wen i had to travel and my laptop and modem were out of reach. As a biz guy, most biz deals are completed prelim via chats and d most productive ones take place on BB cos almost every bizman (nt geeks) sees it as de facto communicating means. also the UK used versions are as cheap as some Nokia some go for as low as 15k. but we all know BB is rily crap dey are just enuf what we want to do. BB hangs like crazy, takes eternity to load. bt dey make up 4 it in connectivity wif ppl nt dat dey are better but most ppl are on it. though whatsapp is good and cut across bt since bb uses it too. so no qualms
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by lawizle(m): 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
puplin: Oh...i perfectly understand watching youtube videos and downloading films makes u feel awesome..lmao. So tell me, how many series do u download on your bb monthly? So when u download, yo bb compresses the file size from like 100mb to 5mb per episode? Hehehe...my friend, u still don't know why u bought a blackberry.

Lwkmd!!! Guy u harsh o!!!
Re: Nigerians May Just Save Blackberry From Extinction by lawizle(m): 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
oayombo: Nice, u obviously know what u want in a phone n i guess your Nokia gives u that satisfaction. My brother, that is all that matters....most bb users that i know only use two apps...bbm & ubersocial

U must b a fool for saying dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware / Need To Unlock The New Glo Mifi E5573CS-933 / Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.