Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Education Minister Falters At University Of Ibadan Convocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Education Minister Falters At University Of Ibadan Convocation (854 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan And Wife At University Of Port Harcourt In 1993 / Alaafin Of Oyo +2 Of His Many Wives At University Of London 4 A Convocation(Pics / Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Minister Falters At University Of Ibadan Convocation by mazaje(m): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2007
THE congregation present at the Convocation and 59th Foundation Day ceremony of the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, yesterday, expressed shock at the way the representative of the visitor to the university, Dr. Igwe Aja-Nwachukwu, faltered through President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s speech.

Dr. Aja-Nwachukwu, who is the Minister of Education, apologised on behalf of President Yar’Adua, who was ‘unavoidable’ absent at which the congregation shifted uneasily on their seats, while shuffling their legs.

A sizeable number of the congregation were visibly angry with the minister, who found it difficult to pronounce ‘nostalgia’, muddled up ‘unemployment’ and ‘under-employment’ and thanked everybody for ‘listen’ to the address.

Reacting to the manner in which the address was presented, an Igbo man, who refused to disclose his name, said he was annoyed because Dr. Aja-Nwachukwu was the Minister of Education.

“If the minister of education could muddle up English Language like that, then what is the future of education in this country?”

“I was thoroughly embarrassed, how on earth could the minister of education read through a speech like that. I am sorry for this nation,” said another woman, who also requested that her name should not be published, even as she shook her head as a sign of pity for the nation.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/18112007/news/news3.html

I don't want to sound pessimistic but with this kind of inept individual at the helm of affiars in the Nigerian educational sector I see the educational sector heading for the rocks.
Re: Education Minister Falters At University Of Ibadan Convocation by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2007
Well, I am not. I mean we have had people with so many words in their vocabulary, in the past and look where we are now I think I have come to a point where I am open to anyone, just anyone who can at least get the job done.
Re: Education Minister Falters At University Of Ibadan Convocation by darfur(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2007
but the thing is that this kind of leader will be averse to any well trained intelligent guy who will "want to teach me my job" and will be more comfortable with fellow morons. that is not good.

(1) (Reply)

Gani Seeks Probe Of Dele Giwa, Kudirat, Others’ Death / Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? / Nepa Strikes In The US!!!!!! !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.