Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba And The Golden Age Milestone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba And The Golden Age Milestone (1424 Views)

Punch Used Picture Of Nancy-Reagan As That Of Ocholi / Dambazau Receives Igbo Chieftaincy Title Of Ochiagha (WAR GENERAL) / APGA Governorship Candidate In Abia State, Chief Regan Ufomba Has Been Diagnosed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba And The Golden Age Milestone by comradefery: 1:32pm On May 24, 2012
OCHIAGHA REAGAN UFOMBA AND THE GOLDEN AGE MILESTONE

By Ferdinand Ekeoma.
On Sunday the 27th day of May 2012, friends, well wishers, business partners, political associates and family members will in their special ways celebrate the birthday of a man with a good heart, a charismatic politician, business mogul, internationally acclaimed peace negotiator and philanthropist, Ochiagha Reagan John Ufomba.
Born on the 27th day of May 1962 to the family of Ichie and Mrs Edward Ufomba, of Umuogele Ntigha in the present Isialangwa North Local Government Area of Abia State. He commenced his academic pursuit at the Immaculate Conception Seminary, Ahieke Umuahia. He later read Secretarial Studies at the Federal Polytechnic Mubi, Studied Public Administration at the Federal College of Education Techniucal Akoka, read History and International Relations at the Lagos State University (LASU) , also read Law at the Lagos State University (LASU), before proceeding to the prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston USA to Study Global Negotiation. Being an enthusiast of intellectualism, he is presently widening very rich intellect in the field of peace and conflict resolution at the National Open University of Nigeria.
As an early beginner, Ochiagha Ufomba made his mark in the business world venturing into dry cleaning services, poultry farming, medical laboratory, and was one of the first merchants to import the Rapid HIV Testing Kit and Sim Card backup in Nigeria. A business ally of Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Ochiagha Ufomba was one of the biggest distributors for Dangote Industries, distributing a minimum of 200 cement trucks every month under a guaranty scheme with a loan from UBA. He was a major supplier of LPFO to Ashaka Cement in Gombe State and major manufacturing company in Lagos.
He set up the 1.2million metric tons Reagan Cement Plant in Calabar, Cross River State in 2005 after working with Dangote for several years. Recognizing the competence and genuine drive of his company towards the economic growth of the Nation, the Federal Government of Nigeria gave him a license to import 500,000 metric tons of cement in 2008, and another license to establish a 2million metric tons capacity cement manufacturing plant in Arochukwu, Abia State. To tap from his rich business ideas, the Federal Government appointed him into the committee that formulated the policy on the future of cement industry in Nigeria in 2009.
Speaking about Ochigha Ufomba’s success in the field of business, the richest African, Alhaji Aliko Dangote had this to say, “I am certainly not surprised at this breakthrough given the highest level of your commitment and support to the cement industry, I am very proud of this achievement”. His recent exploits into a multi-billion dollar shipping and Floating Power Plant investment is a novelty that would turn several willing dark Nations and states into sunshine.
In the religious world, and precisely, the Catholic Church, his zeal commitment and interest in the things of God have remained relentless as he has contributed immensely to the growth of the Catholic Church nay Christianity in Abia and Nigeria. He is reputed to have been part of several priestly ordinations, building and renovation of churches and schools, donations, training and feeding of students. And in recognition of his very humble efforts and contributions to the expansion of the gospel of Christ, the Catholic Church has honored him with many prestigious but Christ inspiring tittles aimed at encouraging him.
Just like his late parents Edward and Christiana Ufomba, whose endeavors in the vineyard of the lord led to their being honored with the Ezinna and Ezinne titles by the Catholic Church, Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba, is the Dike Di Oha Ma of Aba Dioceses, Ambassador of Christ and the IDE of St. Benedict.
Not forgetting his root and the challenges their in, Ochiagha Ufomba ensured the introduction of a scholarship scheme that presently takes care of 165 students. He also came up with free medical services to his community, distributed free seedlings and fertilizers to rural farmers, donated his Reagan cement brand free to the homeless, widows, and aged, and singlehandedly renovated the moribund Ngwa women hospital abandoned over 15 years ago, embarked on grading of rural roads, and donated handsomely to the poor and needy.
In the field of politics, this astute politician and man of excellence has proved his mettle to the appreciation of many admirers. He was the Campaign Coordinator of former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida in the South-East, Represented Abia State Government in the National Poverty Eradication Program committee under President Olusegun Obasango’s administration, Special Assistant on Integrated Rural Development and served in several boards. During his service to Abia State he proved himself to be a great creative thinker, initiator, mobilizer and above all, a loyalist and gentleman of immense sagacity and principle until his resignation in 2003 on personal grounds, leaving behind an unblemished record.
Embracing the philosophy of late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe who said, “in a democratic dispensation, the aspiration, views and the yearnings of the people must be respected”, Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba, after seeing the administrative challenges confronting our dear state, and knowing his capability in offering quality service to the people of Abia, offered himself as the Chief Agent of change as he flagged the flag of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the last governorship election. His vision for Abia was unprecedented and thought provoking. His message was CHANGE and the doing of a new thing. Despite the temporary setback in Ochiagha’s quest to give Abians people-oriented service, he has continued to advocate and fight for quality leadership in Abia State, however, his frankness and boldness on issues has led to series of sponsored attacks on his person and family by a tiny group. While majority see him as a Daniel. But as a resilient fighter, he has remained resolute and committed in his quest to restore Abia to Abians.
Widely loved and admired by many, he has this to say of himself and his people “if my blood is what is required for my people to be free from want and deprivation, I will freely give it. I am not unaware of the ill conceived attacks on my person arising from this principled position of mine by some near-do-wells. I am not God, and I am not a saint either and nobody is, tell them to stop looking for the living in the land of the dead, they can never see me where they are pointing fingers; I have achieved 98% of uprightness in my entire dealings with both man and God. This is why our God that sees the heart of every man has chosen me for this assignment in his vineyard. I will serve him all my life”.
Like the famous United States President, Abraham Lincoln once stated, “One mark of a great man is his power and ability to leave one lasting impression upon the people he meets” Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba is leaving an indelible mark in his social, political and economic dealings with fellow beings; and this singular gesture has seen his endeavors in all facets of life rewarded with enormous blessings. He is happily married to Adanma Ufomba, a marriage that has produced two boys and three girls.
Attaining the golden age of fifty and celebrating in good health and success can only be possible through divine mercies; therefore as millions of Abians and Nigerians celebrate with this ebullient and charismatic Agent of change, we pray that God will continue to inspire him to excellence beyond his imagination.
To the Ochiagha of Ntigha, the Dike Eji Aga Ogu of Ngwaland, Nwadiohanma of Bende, Ugo Abia of Olokoro, Ebekue Dike of Ukwa and Ohamadike of Ukwa-Ngwa, we say, as you enter a new chapter in your fruitful and eventful life, may your voyage of freedom and restoration bring us a change that shall do a new thing in Abia state.
Happy birthday and congratulations
Re: Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba And The Golden Age Milestone by kpokute: 8:41am On May 28, 2012
Happy btday Ochiagha Abia, your efforts aimed at Restoring Abia to Abians shall not go unrewarded. I therefore wish you good health, long life, and prosperity. God bless you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Missing Me – Dame Patience / Questions I Wanted To Ask Chinua Achebe By Prof Tony Afejuku- / Fashola At J. Hopkins University: Advocates True Federalism For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.