Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Your First Cinema Experience. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your First Cinema Experience. (9123 Views)

Film House Cinema, Heritage Mall Razed By Fire In Ibadan! / My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / The First Cinema ‘FILMHOUSE’ Opens In Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by Tinyemeka(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
I've never been to any cinema my entire life sad My colleague went to Genesis cinema at the Shoprite mall Enugu and told me she paid only about N500? Or thereabouts. When I decided to go one saturday, they told me tickets were for N1,500. Didn't bother buying when I could get 3 good DVDs for that price.

I'll still go one of these weekends. I just keep forgetting. Make I also experience these noise about big screens and sound effects.

Everyone seems to say something nice about this Avengers movie. What's it about anyway?

1 Like

Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
^ If you can go on monday, it's 1k (inclusive of popcorn and soft drink). I'll be going to watch The Avengers. Again!
Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
Anybody watch Prometheus at GDC, Enugu yet? Will be going on monday. Problem's I dunno if they'll show it in 3D or 2D.
Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by viruz007(m): 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
Mine was i think in 2005, SILVERBIRD CINEMAS LAGOS. Movie seen was Wedding crashers. Was always negative about going to watch a movie in the cinema when u have ur TV but that day my friend's mum was paying so when i went i was like wow and since then i have not turned back. Right now am in Ph and i go almost every wed (movie subsidy tinz plus derz more crowd on that day). Will b going next week to see Prometheus. If u in PH and wld b watching too on wed holla @ me on 238FC847 or 08098290687... (OP no vex o) grin
Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
^No probs mate.cheesy
Anybody going to watch Prometheus on monday at GDC Enugu?
Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by tunetokheyno(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Mine was Silverbird galleria, its always been silverbird oh!..i bought at every shop there. and i stayed the whole day and watched all the movies also some companies came (nestle and coke and nokia), so they shared consumables, mehn. my babe shame for me wella..i jus dey shop. we also rode that elevator like crazy and kissed everytime..

cinemas are the best!!!
Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by Orikinla(m): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
Is it not amazing that since this thread was started, many things have happened and the most becoming for me is the following awesome news on bringing IMAX to Nigeria!
Plans underway to bring IMAX to Nigeria | The Nation
thenationonlineng.net › Home › Entertainment‎
Jul 27, 2013 - EFFORTS by a Nigerian to wrestle the soft monopoly enjoyed by the few cinema houses in the country received a positive nod recently, when ...
Amuwo Odofin to host West Africa's first IMAX cinema - Guardian
www.ngrguardiannews.com/.../127896-amuwo-odofin-to-host-west-afric...
Jul 24, 2013 - You are here: Art Arts Amuwo Odofin to host West Africa's first IMAX ... IMAX will establish the biggest and largest cinemas in Nigeria with the ...
TALK OF THE TOWN By Orikinla: IMAX Theaters Coming To Nigeria
totnaija..com/2013/07/imax-theaters-coming-to-nigeria.html‎
Jul 17, 2013 - First IMAX Theater in Nigeria Coming Soon Mr. Giovani Dolci, IMAX's Vice President for Theater Development in Europe, Middle East and ...
Nigeria to Get the IMAX Experience Soon | The Enterprise Creative ...
enterprisecreative.org/blog/?p=208‎
Jul 9, 2013 - Mr. Giovanni Dolci, the Vice President, Theatre Development at IMAX Corporation is coming to Lagos, Nigeria on Monday July 15, 2013 for an ...
The Coming Of Giovanni Dolci, The Vice President, Theatre ...
www.nairaland.com/1348553/coming-giovanni-dolci-vice-president
The establishment of IMAX in Nigeria, which will be the first in West Africa is the business initiative of Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, who recently launched the ..

Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2013

I don't get it, what's the difference between IMAX and regular screens?
Re: Your First Cinema Experience. by GenghisAlexa1(m): 12:35am On Dec 26, 2018
Guys, so we started a popup cinema. Would you watch those movies in an event centre for less? Like, so many cinemas need to be built in so many places, so we just took the movie's to the existing infrastructure . People gave weird feedbacks like 'errm, it's okay' ; some were like "the sounds is not the same" etc.

Please drop your opinion, I mean in places such as big locations that don't have cinemas yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Low-cost Digital Cable in Nigeria / Black November - Struggle for the Niger Delta Trailer (Jeta Amata) / Which Is Best ?hisense Vs Polystar Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.