Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? (9404 Views)

Gov Okowa Loses Appeal To Great Ogboru? / Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Great Ogboru Denies Moves To ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by don33310(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2012
duality:

if you knw prof Utomi very well, then you'll understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to be ogboru's deputy.
I know,that why i said someone of his kind.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by aljharem(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2012
I guess the rule of PDP in delta state from Ibori to Emmanuel would end soon.

If ACN is given the chance an they mess up, we shall try APGA or CPC. No political party shall hold Nigeria to ransom. This is democracy.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Detongue: 2:01pm On May 26, 2012
Now i know Ogboru is shameless and does not hv intergrity, he is just moving to and fro like satan. One thing dat is certain in delta state, Ogboru cannot win election in delta state. If he likes let him move d whole Abraka + his maternal home to acn, it does not change d fact dat he does not hv intergrity and he is a failure
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by aljharem(m): 2:02pm On May 26, 2012
^^^^^^^

So do you prefer Ibori and Emmanuel ?
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by ndcide(m): 2:24pm On May 26, 2012
ogboru is wasting his time. He can not govern delta state. Delta needs positive change. but not from Ogboru. in fact Ogboru's candidacy will make pdp have a stronger hand in delta state. no need for noise.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Beaf: 3:11pm On May 26, 2012
I wish Ogboru would just join PDP instead of moving from party to party. I like the guy and really admire him, I would want to see him as governor, but I don't think he is making the right choices. Joining ACN to contest for governorship in Delta is like committing suicide.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Beaf: 3:13pm On May 26, 2012
rasputinn:

Who are the "we",whats the difference between Ibori,Uduaghan and Tinubu

Do you know that even up till last month(as I remember),very prominent opinion leaders and political power brokers in Delta state,from across the three senatorial districts were still reaching out to Ogboru to cross over to the PDP.They truly want to put an end to the Ibori dynasty,but they need a fresh face with an independent mind that they can sell to the electorate,Ogboru fits that bill,what is he pompous about,this was what happened before the April 2011 elections,when he chose to scoff the overtures of the power brokers to join PDP and they'd have replaced Uduaghan with him(with the backing fromthe centre)

Well no long story,Delta will not be governed by an ACN or DPP governor.I only hope all factions unite to forge a common front and get a capable independent minded candidate,and not one of those Uduaghan guys lining up presently.

Whats the problem with the guy? Saliba Mukoro, his fellow coup plotter is already in PDP. Why can't Ogboru join him and carve out a solid faction?
Joining ACN would be the end of the road. ACN in Delta? Lol!
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by funshint(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2012
Beaf: I wish Ogboru would just join PDP instead of moving from party to party. I like the guy and really admire him, I would want to see him as governor, but I don't think he is making the right choices. Joining ACN to contest for governorship in Delta is like committing suicide.
wat will beaf say b4, PDP slut!
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Beaf: 3:18pm On May 26, 2012
funshint:
wat will beaf say b4, PDP slut!

Call me any name you like. I am from Delta, you are not. Rather, you are like someone staring in through the window.
You won't understand anyway, I'm sure if you put in for governorship of Lagos in 2015, you will do it under ANPP, even though all clever folks are telling you that you are digging your own grave.

I de hail o! grin
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by funshint(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2012
I'm nt a psycho lyk u, agbero :PI'm nt a psycho lyk u, agbero
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 26, 2012
alj harem: I guess the rule of PDP in delta state from Ibori to Emmanuel would end soon.

If ACN is given the chance an they mess up, we shall try APGA or CPC. No political party shall hold Nigeria to ransom. This is democracy.
ACN will surely win, by doing this Ogboru has lost total control of his followers, as a matter of fact, he might be popular but is a new comer in the party.

I personally belong to the group of men that will mobilize anti rigging campaign. 2015 will be bloody. I mean it literally.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 26, 2012
don33310: Pat Utomi as his deputy,then the rest is history.
I'm sure you were on some type of dope when you wrote this.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Eziachi: 7:20pm On May 26, 2012
ifihearam: What's there to elaborate again na?
He has been contesting since 2003 during Ibori's regime and he lost bothe the election and election petition tribunal
He furthered his course by contesting with Uduaghan where he also lost gallantly.
He was offered an opportunity for a re-run after the election was cancelled which he did not only lose that election but also lost at the tribunal.
Does he still have the strength,vigour and financial prowess to win the hearts of deltans?
My dear even deltans have given up on him.
And I am sure you cast your vote on both occasions for Ibori against him?
Knowing where Ibori is residing now, that makes you a great thinker and someone that should be listened to.
Bloody Nigerians are their greatest enemies. They seem to have addiction of loving their greatest enemies and despise the few good ones. The current Ghana president lost legitimately twice or three times before he eventually won but in Nigeria, that is a crime and should be derided, unless the person joins the gravy train, no opposition and all is well.
Thank God almighty I am not one of you.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by MichaelAvede: 9:16pm On May 26, 2012
Dis Ogboru don surffer well well o let him just 4get about politice.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Olaolufred(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2012
RIP, PDP.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Tropilo(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Whats the problem with the guy? Saliba Mukoro, his fellow coup plotter is already in PDP. Why can't Ogboru join him and carve out a solid faction?
Joining ACN would be the end of the road. ACN in Delta? Lol!

No Beaf, for once i disagree with you. Factions spoil things for a party.
Its unlikely Ogboru will win under any party now anyway. I think he has lost his good-will.
Calculations matter a lot in politics. I met the state party secretary of ACN here in England before the last elections in Delta State and i asked him why they have not woed Ogboru to join them. He told me that Ogboru had been approached severally but each time he played the evasive bride. So i opined he was playing the "i can go it alone" thing. He said 'yes' and coupled with an even bigger problem. Which is that since he (Ogboru) is Urhobo and the average Urhobo man sees ACN as a de facto Awolowo party (remember the Urhobo-Itsekiri court case which Awo rep-ed Itsekiri to victory) he'll not get their support and the Urhobo's hold about 25-30% electoral votes in the state.
I was very much interested in Ogboru being governor just to put an end to the "monarchical" rulership of our state. Besides, Ogboru is an aluminus of my great GCU.
Now, things has changed. The Delta North are seriously playing its (my turn) card and that's one district that has given Ogboru 70% of its votes. Do you think they will be ready to distance their own son(s) to support Ogboru again even if he moved to the PDP? Foul!!!
Ogboru has lost it. He's compass is broken, distroyed, name it. No bearing!
Lastly, the ACN (apart from maybe, just maybe Adams our next door gov) might even give him the Adamawa treatment of "you are on your own".
Great Ogboru, is not that great anymore.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by don33310(m): 10:16am On May 27, 2012
careytommy:
I'm sure you were on some type of dope when you wrote this.
Maybe you are drunk or you don't understand english,i said SOMEONE LIKE PAT UTOMI.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by rasputinn(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2012
@Rasputin,

wether you like it or not, ACN can become a credible opposition to PDP, why must we stick to a one party state, what benefit is there for anyone.

@ Monkeyleg

The ACN has become a credible opposition in other states,not yet Delta.I see what Oshiomhole is doing in Edo state and I admire it a lot,but that is the HUUUGE difference between Adams and Great,whilst Oshiomhole is a grass roots man that understands Nigerian politics,same cannot be said of Ogboru,who is not ready to play politics of association and compromise(not of priciples now,but ideology),let me ask you;did Adams start off as an ACN man?do you know how many times he was @ Uromi to see Anenih(while he was still in LP) to explore the possibility of collaborating with him(some say it included even replacing Osunbor as PDP flagbearer),they only parted ways cos Anenih's demands would have made Oshiomhole his stooge in office,Adams wouldn't have that so he opted out and settled for the ACN and the battle line was drawn then,Luckily,Adams enjoys such tremendous goodwill,not only in Edo state,but even country-wide.Same cannot be said of Ogboru,who is a sort of snob that only established campaign offices in Delta north,some few months to the election.He is just like Buhari,he never even bothered to campaign in most LGAs of Delta state apart from those in his Ethiope,then Warri and Sapele.
The party does not make the members,it is the other way round.Nigerias constitution is so loose that governors wield so much power,Ogboru MUST stoop to conquer,what stops him from getting into alliance with the EK Clark/Delta Elders/UPU/Anioma faction of the PDP that earlier extended that invitation to him,to dislodge Uduaghan's candidate.One of the traits/reasons people like me see in him(and I guess the kingmakers in Delta also see this)is that he is independent-minded and he will not be anybody's stooge,plus I have read his manifesto(and it's full of lofty propositions,though actual implementation is another kettle of fish entirely).I still have a copy of it.
Take a look at all the tribes in Delta state,LGA by LGA,tell me the party that has a dominance of the political power brokers,dont kid yourself,even if most of these guys are not getting patronage/enough patronage from the state government,they are augmenting with those from the FG or the federal parastatals(which will all be gone with an ACN government)
Monkeyleg,these things are complicated and I've just bothered to shed more light becos na you.Till Great takes a good hard look at some things,he may never be governor of Delta state.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by rasputinn(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2012
do u tink, everybody is u,dat dnt have reputation and integrity? Why should he join wat he has been rejecting all dis while, pdp is a nest of killers,rogues and demons,great doesnt wnt anytin 2 do wit dem,so wtf is ur problem,great has neva lost any election in delta state,joinin acn is to help him gain more ground nd external power,just like our comrade, adam of edo state did. Go hug transformer, na b by force to join pdp...shuoo.

Haaa

Any small tin,all these children go dey type,hug transformer,hug electric pole.Abeg enter room go sleep,you no understand,this one pass you
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Beaf: 6:10pm On May 27, 2012
rasputinn:

Haaa

Any small tin,all these children go dey type,hug transformer,hug electric pole.Abeg enter room go sleep,you no understand,this one pass you

Lol!
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by ifihearam: 3:35pm On May 28, 2012
@rasputin
You are on point
Ogboru is a very proud man
And he does not even have mone to equate his pride
Obule that even has the money was used and dumped
He had to sing the popular song when departing sapele for portharcout
"I be port harcourt boy ooo"
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by ibide(m): 4:40pm On May 28, 2012
The only problem we have in delta state now is the absence of power as an urhobo man am goin to vote any tribe that wil give us divident of democracy
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Demdem(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2012
very soon the chief dog of delta with his co-murderers will be pursued from the Delta.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by godello: 6:30pm On May 28, 2012
I pity deltans coz dat man is no better option to uduaghan, considering his stained past during the military era. Better settle for Nwoko or cairo
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by don33310(m): 11:29pm On May 28, 2012
godello: I pity deltans coz dat man is no better option to uduaghan, considering his stained past during the military era. Better settle for Nwoko or cairo
pls,go and read Great Orgboru profile before you post what you don't know.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by emiye(m): 4:11am On May 29, 2012
Great move, his next door neighbor in Edo state moved from Labour party to ACN, and the rest was victory.
It has always been much easier for him to be rigged out in DPP, it would be a more keen contest for him under ACN platform.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by Nobody: 7:10am On May 29, 2012
What does this desperate coup plotter want for Pete's sake? He should just get lost already. Looking at him, it's easy to see that he has ulterior motives trying to become a governor at all costs.
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by rasputinn(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2012
godello: I pity deltans coz dat man is no better option to uduaghan, considering his stained past during the military era. Better settle for Nwoko or cairo

don33310: pls,go and read Great Orgboru profile before you post what you don't know.

So are youn saying Ogboru was not a COUP PLOTTER shocked shocked shocked,the fact shocked that he may not have penned itin his profile in those words does not negate the obvious fact of history that he was a coup plotter
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by rasputinn(m): 11:11am On May 29, 2012
ifihearam: @rasputin
You are on point
Ogboru is a very proud man
And he does not even have mone to equate his pride
Obule that even has the money was used and dumped
He had to sing the popular song when departing sapele for portharcout
"I be port harcourt boy ooo"

LOL
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by rasputinn(m): 11:17am On May 29, 2012

God forbid that Ned Nwoko or Cairo Ojougboh should EVER govern Delta state,those very violent and fraudulent men,whose past time is to arm their boys to go on shooting rampage of their opponents camp and that of any of their percieved enemies at the slightest provocation.I've seen one of them down a bottle of St Remy in just four gulps shocked shocked shocked
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by godello: 12:37pm On May 29, 2012
don33310: pls,go and read Great Orgboru profile before you post what you don't know.
what do u knw about him? Huh tell me!
Re: Great Ogboru Is Moving To ACN? by godello: 12:40pm On May 29, 2012
rasputinn:

God forbid that Ned Nwoko or Cairo Ojougboh should EVER govern Delta state,those very violent and fraudulent men,whose past time is to arm their boys to go on shooting rampage of their opponents camp and that of any of their percieved enemies at the slightest provocation.I've seen one of them down a bottle of St Remy in just four gulps shocked shocked shocked
what better option then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$3m Bribe: We Released Lawan Under Pressure - Investigators / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? / President BUHARI’S Car And Our Stupidity As Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.