Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (28478 Views)

Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title / Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 / Talking Tennis: Roland Garros Kicks Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Kezzy24(f): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
Disappointed sha,but this doesn't mean Spain will win d Euros...
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Hugo7(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
All HAIL THE KING OF CLAY' RAFEL NADAL'......what a record
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
Kezzy 24: Disappointed sha,but this doesn't mean Spain will win d Euros...

hahahahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin easy madam , anything can happen , accept it that nadal is better than anybody on this surface , just as spain is better than any team on a good football pitch grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Kezzy24(f): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
coolguyz: next record to break is that 16grandslam. . . .number 11 was bitter sweet
Not when Federer adds another one to make it 17,time it will take but happen it will.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Kezzy24(f): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
fredoooooo:

hahahahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin easy madam , anything can happen , accept it that nadal is better than anybody on this surface , just as spain is better than any team on a good football pitch grin grin grin grin grin
Anything can happen in this Euro championship in d sense that a team least expected might win the trophy.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Santino1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
fredoooooo:

hope you are enjoying the rain in ¨paris grin grin grin grin grin , VAMOS RAFA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paris weather is as confused as Zurich's,kinda used to it.....You and bad belle sha
usbcable:

Corrected grin grin grin
Na your time...enjoy it..
coolguyz: next record to break is that 16grandslam. . . .number 11 was bitter sweet

and the next record for you to break: Dreaming than Joseph himself tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

fredoooooo: THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE KING OF THE CLAY ........RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Djokovic slam disappear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , let him try later. now djokovic in the race to win for french open every year , can that happen while the king of the surface is strong and heatlhy ?

I know Nole can do lot of crazy things but double-faulting on a match point is something else....
anyways..Congratulation to Rafa, he is no doubt the best clay courter the game has ever seen...
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Kezzy24(f): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
@Saydeek dnt b sad,remember d cute babies we are going 2 make...lol
It's all gud sha...
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by mystikal(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Congrats to Nadal.

No qualms Nole, we'll win in style in Wimbledon.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Kezzy 24:
Anything can happen in this Euro championship in d sense that a team least expected might win the trophy.

just as greece won in 2004 , i have same feeling , cos most of the favourites teams did not start very well , except germany , but we are watching
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Santino1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
mystikal: Congrats to Nadal.

No qualms Nole, we'll win in style in Wimbledon.

Noooooo......Time for Roger to do his seventh too grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
@santino grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hope you are enjoying your after party in the rain or Novak spoil all the fun , dont let that happen bro , that is gone enjoy yourself grin grin grin grin
swiss weather has been very friendly these days , most especially ticino
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
Santino1:

sure federer against anybody but RAFA grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by coolguyz(m): 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
@Kezzy 24 "and the next record for you to break: Dreaming than Joseph himself"

Federer is gonna have it difficult getting additional grand slam. . . .he should try matching/surpassing Nadal's ATP masters record cos the crop of guys coming up show no respect. Nadal with 11slams at his age can still go for another 5years (20 slams) and is the likely clear choice to break it cos Novak is still far down the slam chain, its not impossible for Nadal to score 8/20 of the slams given newer players and drop in form in the next 5years with more French Open slams guaranteed! grin grin grin grin grin. . . .i'm dreaming on already!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
coolguyz: @Kezzy 24 "and the next record for you to break: Dreaming than Joseph himself"

Federer is gonna have it difficult getting additional grand slam. . . .he should try matching/surpassing Nadal's ATP masters record cos the crop of guys coming up show no respect. Nadal with 11slams at his age can still go for another 5years (20 slams) and is the likely clear choice to break it cos Novak is still far down the slam chain, its not impossible for Nadal to score 8/20 of the slams given newer players and drop in form in the next 5years with more French Open slams guaranteed! grin grin grin grin grin. . . .i'm dreaming on already!

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by coolguyz(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nadal has stopped 2 number 1s' from getting the almighty Slam Dunk in the open era. Stopped federer on this court 3 times in the finals when Fed could have had the whole 4 slams as he was literally ruling other surfaces and now Novak. . . .i'm sure federer rooted for his tennis nemesis - Nadal to win as he wont want that record he attempted thrice and failed to be broken on 1st try by Novak. . . .
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
I was actually tipping Djokovic to win the french Open. I guess he has to wait for Wimbledon.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by omodoagba(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jonathan Overend,BBC Sport

"The momentum had gone for Djokovic, nobody wins eight games in a row against Nadal, least of all on clay, but Djokovic did. However, the rain got in his way and Nadal got it together today."
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
coolguyz: Nadal has stopped 2 number 1s' from getting the almighty Slam Dunk in the open era. Stopped federer on this court 3 times in the finals when Fed could have had the whole 4 slams as he was literally ruling other surfaces and now Novak. . . .i'm sure federer rooted for his tennis nemesis - Nadal to win as he wont want that record he attempted thrice and failed to be broken on 1st try by Novak. . . .

yes , after he lost to djokovic in the semifinal , he said during the press conference that Rafa is the favourite . federer should thank his star that rafa was injurd that year that he won roland garros , otherwise he will still be chasing it till today grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Santino1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
fredoooooo: @santino grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hope you are enjoying your after party in the rain or Novak spoil all the fun , dont let that happen bro , that is gone enjoy yourself grin grin grin grin
swiss weather has been very friendly these days , most especially ticino

The party will still go on as planned, just with a smaller trophy though cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The italian parts of Bellinzona, Lugano and co are usually lucky with the weather.....Do you stay in Swiss?

fredoooooo:

sure federer against anybody but RAFA grin grin grin grin grin

Look at this one...I dey laugh you

coolguyz: @Kezzy 24 "and the next record for you to break: Dreaming than Joseph himself"

What can I say than pray your dream doesn't lead to coma

omodoagba: Jonathan Overend,BBC Sport

"The momentum had gone for Djokovic, nobody wins eight games in a row against Nadal, least of all on clay, but Djokovic did. However, the rain got in his way and Nadal got it together today."

That's the bitter truth
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Santino1: [/b]

The party will still go on as planned, just with a smaller trophy though cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The italian parts of Bellinzona, Lugano and co are usually lucky with the weather.....Do you stay in Swiss?

Look at this one...I dey laugh you

What can I say than pray your dream doesn't lead to coma

That's the bitter truth

yep..the ticineses called the weather after the san gothard disaster
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by coolguyz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
fredoooooo:

yes , after he lost to djokovic in the semifinal , he said during the press conference that Rafa is the favourite . federer should thank his star that rafa was injurd that year that he won roland garros , otherwise he will still be chasing it till today grin grin

You should know federer could be a sore loser atimes. . . .though i root Nadal but i ddnt expect him to say that then.

Anyways, we're climbing the slam ladder -

Federer 16
Sampras 14 (never won at roland garros)
Emerson 12
Borg 11
Laver 11
Nadal 11

At the strength he's showing xcept for injuries, the slam record is very very feasible. . . .5 years project!

Currently holds the record for 21 ATP 1000 masters. . . .with more still looming. By time this chap retires, there'l be many records set to be chased!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
[quote author=coolguyz]

You should know federer could be a sore loser atimes. . . .though i root Nadal but i ddnt expect him to say that then.

Federer 16
Emerson 12
Borg 11
Laver 11
Nadal 11

At the strength he's showing xcept for injuries, the slam record is very very feasible. . . .5 years project!

Currently holds the record for 21 ATP 1000 masters. . . .[b]with more still looming. By time this chap retires, there'l be many records set to be chased![/[/b]quote]

i never see it like that , just like everybody is entitle to his own opinion , it doesnt change anything , what matters most is whhat they do on the cort , they are human too dont forget

that is exactly what make me his fan DETERMINATION
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by megxo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
if its on clay, hu else brings perfection?? UP NADAL RAFAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Santino1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
coolguyz:

Federer 16
Emerson 12
Borg 11
Laver 11
Nadal 11

Currently holds the record for [b]21 ATP 1000 masters[/b]. . . .with more still looming. By time this chap retires, there'l be many records set to be chased!

where did you and fredoooo get the idea that Fed won in 09 because Rafa was injured? get your facts right, Rafa was thoroughly beaten by Soderling who was having the greatest run of his life then, making it to his first slam final before losing to Fed. Regarding the bolded, how many ATP 1000 is played on grass? None.....so give Fed a break, he is just one behind Rafa.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Pamperme: 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
It's Rafa Babi! All hail the King of the Clay!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Santino1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
fredoooooo:

yep..the ticineses called the weather after the san gothard disaster

wow, then we should have coffee together sometimes.....that is, if that is cool with you?
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by mystikal(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
Santino1:

U sure? Not sure if Federer will cross that 16 mark o. We'll see.

Santino, U based in Zurich right? I visited St Gallen last August/September from the UK then. I remember I asked you briefly about Zurich then in the Aussie open thread. I am back in Nigeria now. Had plans of doing an Msc in ETHZ sometime, but i had to shelf the plan due to family reasons and stuff. Might just be interested again next year. U have an email I can reach you with? should have a few questions if its ok with you.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
Santino1:

wow, then we should have coffee together sometimes.....that is, if that is cool with you?

anytime you want
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
Santino1:

where did you and fredoooo get the idea that Fed won in 09 because Rafa was injured? get your facts right, Rafa was thoroughly beaten by Soderling who was having the greatest run of his life then, making it to his first slam final before losing to Fed. Regarding the bolded, how many ATP 1000 is played on grass? None.....so give Fed a break, he is just one behind Rafa.

santino rafa did not participate in the tournament that year , he was injured before it started . the semi final was between soderling and fernando gonzalez
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Santino1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
mystikal:

U sure? Not sure if Federer will cross that 16 mark o. We'll see.

Santino, U based in Zurich right? I visited St Gallen last August/September from the UK then. I remember I asked you briefly about Zurich then in the Aussie open thread. I am back in Nigeria now. Had plans of doing an Msc in ETHZ sometime, but i had to shelf the plan due to family reasons and stuff. Might just be interested again next year. U have an email I can reach you with? should have a few questions if its ok with you.

Just the same way I'm not sure Nadal will cross the 11 mark.. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

yeah, I remeber someone once asked me, didn't know it was you. well, your choice of ETHZ is great but may I know what you are planning to do because if it oil and gas related, ETHZ is the last place you wanna be. just let me know whenever you plan to as I have ''top level'' info on ETHZ and can advise you on how to go about it. I'm following you now, you can PM if you want as I do no fancy the idea of revealing my contact details here.

fredoooooo:

anytime you want

will PM you with details when I'm back in Zurich..

fredoooooo:

santino rafa did not participate in the tournament that year , he was injured before it started . the semi final was between soderling and fernando gonzalez

He did....lost to Robin in the fourth round.. I think he won in four sets though I can't recall vividly.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by jmaine: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
[size=18pt]Whooo HOOOOOOO . . .Nadal noni ![/size]
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by coolguyz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Santino1:

He lost to Soderling in the 4th round. Nadal was very humble in that he should have retired as he had a bad knee injury. . . .dont tell me you've forgotten his knee troubles of 2009 that started from the Aussie opens and the family issues he had then as his parents were about having a divorce. Its no excuse though, he lost it but to date it is on record that Federer has lost 4 french opens final to a single person - nadal!

A fit nadal at 2009 fench opens would also have made the usual meat of fed. . . its a FACT!

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Pogba... The Arsenal XI Wenger could have had is INSANE! / John Ogu And Veronica Chiugo Akaolisa's Marriage Crashes / Anthony Joshua Gets New Sparring Partner Ahead Of Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.