Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Installation Yet To Complete..help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Installation Yet To Complete..help! (783 Views)

Please, Help With Linux Installation! / Software Download And Installation Problem / I Need Help On Waec Offline Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installation Yet To Complete..help! by Youngk(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2012
yesterday as i was installing a window 7 operating system in my desktop computer when d power source went off and disrupted the installation which was on its final stage,when power was restored and i tried to complete installation but it has failed to complete even up till dis morning,if i start the system it will ask me to press OK that system will complete installation after restarting and i did but notting good came out of it,pls my fellow nairaland i urgently need ur advice on this as many as possible so that i can complet instalion,thanks as you comment...nairaland is the best
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by Youngk(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2012
still waiting.............pls
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by Hackomania(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2012
Can you restart the installation and try a system repair instead of a fresh installation?
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by Youngk(m): 7:33pm On May 26, 2012
Hackomania: Can you restart the installation and try a system repair instead of a fresh installation?
tks but i dont know how to run the system repair,the screen is nt even showing anythingh like system repaire,pls i need ideal on how to run it.if possible give me shortcut command that can display the system repair option .tks once more
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by jmoore(m): 8:04pm On May 26, 2012
you need to install ubuntu to clear up the windows 7 "mess" then reinstall windows7 after
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by adetwin(m): 10:36pm On May 26, 2012
Where is Ur location? Like to come over 4 Complete Job, Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by Youngk(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2012
jmoore: you need to install ubuntu to clear up the windows 7 "mess" then reinstall windows7 after
tks but do u mean getting the ubuntu software drive in cd and run it through the disk drive?,it the ubuntu bootable?,is the software in the market?.tks waitin for your reply
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by Youngk(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2012
adetwin: Where is Ur location? Like to come over 4 Complete Job, Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588
tks am in anambra.
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by jmoore(m): 12:50pm On May 27, 2012
Youngk: tks but do u mean getting the ubuntu software drive in cd and run it through the disk drive?,it the ubuntu bootable?,is the software in the market?.tks waitin for your reply

you can download ubuntu online for free at http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop and burn it to a usb flash drive or CD, but I prefer USB
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by henryskywalker2003(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2012
@OP, why you dey give your self unnecessary headache, eh guy? Simply restart the installation from the begining. Or don't you still have the installation cd with you? No need getting ubuntu on it cos it is not a problem ubuntu or any other os for that matter can fix.
Re: Installation Yet To Complete..help! by trainingict: 7:28pm On May 29, 2012
Ubuntu (a linux flavour )does not have anything to do with this problem. Linux partition is different from windows (NTFS, FAT or FAT32)partitions. You can not do a system repair with this type of problem as well. If the windows 7 CD is still bootable after ther the power failure. Start the system enter the setup of the computer to verify the first booting device is CD. I assume you might be doing upgrading before the failure. Insert the CD, power on the system, press enter when ask if to boot from cd and start fresh installation.

TrainingICT 08033737534 (telecom,network and system integration expert)

(1) (Reply)

Some Pictures Of ATM Coins Dispense Machine / Cant Alter My Laptop Screeen Brightness / Please How Do I Get Ma Yahoo Mail Account Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.