Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Uk Drop Box Criteria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Drop Box Criteria (7347 Views)

Drop Box Us Visa Renewal / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / What Are The Criteria Or Requirements To Get A Visa Done From An Embassy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Drop Box Criteria by mesiie: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2007
IF YOU WANT TO RENEW A VISA VIA DROP BOX FOR THE U.K, WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS ASISDE THE 52K,
THEN ANOTHER QUESTION ,
IF THE LAST TIME I TRAVELLED WAS 2001, WOULD I STILL BE ENTITLED TO A DROP BOX OR I HAVE TO APPLY AFRESH FOR THE 6 MONTHS ONE? COS I HEARD THAT THE UK EMABSSY ONLY ALLOW DROP BOX IF YOU'VE TRAVELLED WIHTN THE PAST 5 YEARS,
PLS CAN SOMEONE INHOUSE ASSIST WITH APPROPRIATE INFORMATION

TANX wink
Re: Uk Drop Box Criteria by funkybaby(f): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2007
the drop box system has ceased to exist. All visa applications and renewals must be made at VFS, ie. The company contracted to handle all visa applications. You can call them on 33505. It is a premium number so have at least 500naira on your mobile. As a result of this new system, you have to submit bank statements, letters,etc just as if you are applying for the first time. Your biometrics will also be taken. Although,i was told that if you've had your biometrics taken, you do not need supporting documents but i do not know how true this is. Even if you call VFS.you will be STRONGLY ADVISED to submit supporting documents. Also,there is the issue of the new visa form where there is a check list (you have to tick the corresponding box indicating the documents you've submitted with your application). I hope you find this information useful.
Re: Uk Drop Box Criteria by Sonye(f): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2007
Please i don't understand. My 2 years UK visa expired in April. Do you mean i will have to drop all documents required al over again?
Re: Uk Drop Box Criteria by funkybaby(f): 10:47am On Nov 20, 2007
Yes. I know two people that renewed after the VFS thing was introduced. They submitted everything except letter of invitation. You can call them for further clarification and to confirm what am saying.
Re: Uk Drop Box Criteria by Sonye(f): 11:00am On Nov 20, 2007
Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Armed Robbers New Technique / 10 Best Countries To Live In The World In Year 2019 / 11 Ideas That Can Help You Avoid Traffic Congestion In Nigerian Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.