Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Special Advices To Parents And Guardians - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Special Advices To Parents And Guardians (3565 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Warning To All Nigeria Parents And Guardians / A Warning To All Parents And Guardians! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by valencia25(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2012
Happy Children's Day, i'd Love to share this post with Parents and Guardians.

*Warn your Girl child never to sit on anyone’s laps no matter the situation including Uncles.

*Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2years old. Learn to excuse yourself.

*If you have to hire a house-help please kindly take them for HIV screening to determine their HIV status, properly interview them and make up your mind to treat them well.

*Never allow any adult refer to your new born as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’.

*Never tempt your husband with your younger sister.

*Avoid unnecessary familiarity and make sure you take care of your husband by yourself lest you lead him into temptation.

*Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they played together because young people now sexually abuse themselves.

*Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.

*Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you might need to patiently ask a lot of questions from your child If you don’t teach your children about sex the society will teach them the wrong values.

*It is always advisable you go through any new material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves.

*Teach your 3year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you.

*Blacklist some materials you think could threaten the sanity of your child (that includes music, movies and musicians) and let them understand the value of standing out of the crowd.

*Once your child complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them!

Have your say...

Source http://www.gistplanet.com/2012/05/attention-special-advices-to-parents.html

9 Likes

Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by stepo707: 11:20am On May 27, 2012
I agree with everything there notwithstanding my concern is that @ age 3 most kids cant bath themselves so how do parents handle that part
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by Ninilowo(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2012
Monitor ur children's activities on the internet and social sites
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by Cleverley(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2012
Love this tips, i will take it up.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by wandeay: 12:30pm On May 27, 2012
never allow ur children to sag, never allow dem to watch anyhow nolly, golly or hollywood movies, most of them potray sex as enjoyable 2 any class of pple no matter d age, incurcate reading attitude in them, etc
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by Princessaleeza: 1:31pm On May 27, 2012
Nice 1,true talk.Imagine 3yrs old Children knows wot is called sleepin on each oda.I prayed God shud help us 2 take care of our children cos we cant do it alone.
And 2 d stupid guys dat cant control thereselves & raping & spoiling d Children just remember nemesis we catch up on u.Pls stop child abuse & be d one 2 be protectin d children & not abusing them.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by naptu2: 2:19pm On May 27, 2012
My dear friends are you in this with me? I just watched a video about a boy I think 4 or 5 years old, having all kind of sex including MouthAction with. A girl that can't be more than 12. And it was obviously filmed in Nigeria with Nigerian kids. It was sent through a weblink. I am talking with some child rights group already. Whoever did the recording is an adult. And it is the greatest form of child abuse as far as I am concerned for an adult to film this whole sordid details without stopping the act. And from what I think, the girl was aware she was being videoed. Weblinks can be traced. And I want us to stand together to insist to the relevant authorities that this must be investigated and those culpable are brougth to book. I have not had any peace since. I am set and ready to champion this cause. I believe you are too. I will start with my name and BB pin. Pls add yours and let's see how many names that can be signed up to prove to the authorities that we want justice. Pls

1 Like

Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by redsun(m): 2:26pm On May 27, 2012
That children are the reflection of their parents.Their characters and outlook towards life are fundamentally shaped by that of their parents and guardians.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by othenok(f): 5:01pm On May 27, 2012
Parents esp mothers,no matter how tired u may be always be the one to give your kids a bath. Not just to avoid sexual molestation but it helps you get a good look at their body for injuries of any sort.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by jovi: 5:21pm On May 27, 2012
@ Naptu<<<Please whats ur BB Pin? Im solidly behind this!!..This is a huge thing in Nigeria now, and we cant sit back and wait anymore...

1 Like

Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by spikesC(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2012
nollywood and ghana movies in particular, these movies should be totally banned in every family. There's nothing worth learning from there, they're all full of indecency. Even the so called kidies movies that aki and paw paw are supposed to portray as are all full of indecency,bad habits, criminalistic and child abuse. Like i always say, Nigeria and Ghanaian movies should be rated 18+.

Secondly, children should be taught about sex and its complications gradually at suitable ages. The more you try to hide it from them, the worse it becomes. The ignorant ones are those who are mislead.

Pls all parents, educate your children in all things. The good, the bad and the ugly.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by bodejohn(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2012
All parents and guardians should make sure that their children are provided shoes once they are able to walk. We wouldn't want any Nigerian adult making his inability to wear shoes a reason for his abysmal failure.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by demla: 12:04am On May 28, 2012
parents and guardians are advised to plan for the future of their kids.pls limit unnecessary spending,save towards their future cos nigeria does not have plan(s)for anybody.the peace and stability of tis country brings froom our homes.our leaders or representative are there to enrich themselves.pls our children are our seeds and tomorrow.happy children's day.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by amokemi(m): 3:20am On May 28, 2012
@poster, thank u for this timeless piece.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by charlsecy4(m): 2:57pm On May 28, 2012
naptu2: I just watched a video about a boy I think 4 or 5 years old, having all kind of sex including MouthAction with. A girl that can't be more than 12

Where is the link?
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by akko: 5:29pm On May 28, 2012
Parent should monitor their children 's progress in skul nd nt live the work to the teachers only they should teach their children to God fearing.
(Ako)
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by gemstone22(f): 5:38pm On May 28, 2012
Be ur child's best friend. Don't be too busy for them. When they can trust u,they will be able to come to u for advise even when its on issues that are sensitive.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by naptu2: 5:43pm On May 28, 2012
I made a vow not to promote that awful video, but I was going to post a link to the story/pictures. The anti-spambot hid it and banned me
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by jovi: 9:32am On May 31, 2012
the problem is not just watching the video..its also what do we do with it? i have gotten people to pray about it,and for the persons involved because they both need healing. and also some people were not aware that boys can be abused, and now they know better. Good will ALWAYS triumph over evil.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by naptu2: 10:17am On May 31, 2012
jovi: the problem is not just watching the video..its also what do we do with it? i have gotten people to pray about it,and for the persons involved because they both need healing. and also some people were not aware that boys can be abused, and now they know better. Good will ALWAYS triumph over evil.

The person that started the petition above is trying to track the person that posted the video. If we can get that person, then maybe we can trace the kids in the video.

You can also start a petition using the format of the petition above. Like you said, many people are not aware that boys can be sexually abused. Getting to the kids in the video is one thing, but we also need to create awareness to ensure that other kids are not abused in the same way. I wish I could post the link to the article, you'd be shocked to action if you see the pics. However, I was banned the last time I posted the link.
Re: Special Advices To Parents And Guardians by jovi: 3:06pm On May 31, 2012
Hello @Naptu..totally agree with you...Indeed i saw a picture from it..I am totally for greater awareness..as you said it has moved me to action!

(1) (Reply)

Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? / Where Can I Get Cheap Lace Wigs In Bulk And At Affordable Price(s)? / I Need A Wife Oooooooooooooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.