Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* (11019 Views)

Reinhard Bonnke Who Clashed With Muslims In Africa To Be Awarded / What I Gained From Reinhard Bonnke And Daniel Kolenda's Program Last Week / Reinhard Bonnke Raised Man From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 9jafreak: 3:16am On May 28, 2012
1. Reinhard Bonnke is the most celebrated evangelist and missionary in all of Africa’s recorded history. A genuine man of the people, Bonnke poured himself fully into ensuring that Africans will be “saved” and that the sick and diseased will be “healed” of their infirmities.
2. His own difficult upbringing led him to God in a most unusual fashion leading to a relatively moderate “messiah complex” and a strong burden for the weak and oppressed of society. In fact, it would NOT be erroneous to label him “the African Jesus”.
3. But in order to actualize his “vision”, he, like any good-intentioned politician or evangelist who believes in civilizatory or spiritual ‘progress’ needed money, and a lot of money too.
4. As a result, the ultimate moral test was how he could achieve his own vision of compassion against the ulterior motives of his “corporate sponsors” --- chiefly, mega preachers in America and later Africa (Nigeria). Of course the original motive of the money lenders/givers is always the same, be it in the secular world (World Bank, IMF, etc.), or the religious world (mega churches, mosques, etc.) The goal is to expand and strengthen an ‘EMPIRE’ from collapse and ultimate ruin.
5. In the end, Bonnke (now retired) managed to get a few concessions. These include:
(i) Not discriminating against any African churches (all were simply welcomed as “helping hands” in his crusades, often to the chagrin of the Evangelicals
(ii) Not selling but freely “seeding” his extremely high quality publications (a revolutionary act especially considering that the sales of publicized materials is one of the biggest sources of income for Evangelical preachers as Kenneth Copeland, David Oyedepo, T.D. Jakes, Chris Oyakhilome, Joyce Meyer, E.A. Adeboye and thousands of other preachers like them).
(iii) Not collecting tithes and offerings during the actual crusades (although of course, like the mega preachers, Bonnke’s ministry has come to depend on financial contributions from ordinary believers to keep the fires of his ministry burning).
(iv) Speaking and meeting with the common people (something mega pastors appear to be incapable of) but which seemed to help Bonnke maintained his love for the common folks.
6. Bonnke is in many ways similar to Panama’s Omar Torrijos and Ecuador’s Jaime Roldós --- two genuine men of the people both of whom understood and respected how ‘the System’ works.
7. And as in the case of Panama and Ecuador, the biggest winners of the Bonnke Project were the financiers and sponsors. Reinhard Bonnke is a born again Christian preacher connected to the religious godfathers not by conspiracy but strongly shared ideologies --- a belief in the redemptive power of the cross. As such, through his zealotry, a record 55 million “converts” were added to the Evangelical/Pentecostal Empire.
8. We find a parallel in Emperor Constantine’s rather ingenious approach to the person of Jesus. The Romans had killed Jesus a few centuries earlier but, thanks to Constantine I, reversed their stance and employed His name and legacy in order to control and expand their empire. The Roman Catholic Church was born and the Council of Nicea was formed to decide what books would be canonized as the Holy Bible. Christianity was effectively HIJACKED from a common people’s religion to an instrument for state and religious expansive missions and, fatally as it turns out, for the suppression of other types of “excesses”. Looking back, the secularization triggered by the Enlightenment is no more than an opportunity for the Church to metamorphose into its own collection of competing theo-political-economic states. 'Kingdoms of God' --- or rather 'Cities of God'--- on planet Earth! So much for going to Heaven.
9. Reinhard Bonnke failed to replicate "the African Miracle" on Western soil however and church attendance in the UK and indeed the entire West continues to drop despite the millions of dollars his Western sponsors poured into his ministry to achieve the same African Effect. The African Miracle of course is not a product of genius but the abundance of "excesses" carried over from Africa's traditional, superstitious and paranormal pasts. Christianity is in many ways indebted to Africa's irrational culture of superstition as it allowed it to conquer without firing a bullet. Islam, on the other hand, did not have the patience to exploit such loopholes as "violence" is allowed if it serves a "greater good" for Allah. Thus, the Islamic conquests of Africa differ considerably from Western colonization.
10. In any case, since Reinhard Bonnke has no church of his own, the millions of vulnerable and needy men, women and children he converts are handed over to Christian denominations in the hope that they would be properly taken care of. In the end, many of these converts become “soldiers and workers” for the ‘Kingdom’ and are used to lure in more people into the Empire.
11. This is where Bonnke differs from Jesus, Torrijos, Thomas Sankarra and Roldós who all stood up to the religious and political powers of their time and were thus eliminated for their recalcitrance against Western interests and exploitations. Reinhard Bonnke, however, played it “SAFE”. He pleased the people and also fulfilled the ultimate wishes of his sponsors. The question is whether or not the people are ultimately better for it. It is a question that Africans must continue to ask as long as Western/Oriental- led ‘progress’ continues in the direction that it is heading.

© 2012 S.E.O.

1 Like

Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 9jafreak: 3:16am On May 28, 2012
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 6:46am On May 28, 2012
9jafreak,
Reinhard Bonnke is a great and eternal blessing to Africa and Africans. Bonnke is an apostle of The Most High God, sent to Africa, and not to Europe or North America. Bonnke is also very successful in presenting to Africans to Good News that brought peace and sustainale progress from Israel, to Europe, and to every part of this earth. Africans have been accepting The Good News, and many are sustaining the continuous proclamation of The Good News in Africa, and beyond. Mary Slessor and many others were before Bonnke, and there will be many more, following after the command of Jesus, the teachings of the Apostle Paul, and so many willing messengers of The Prince of Peace.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by pazienza(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2012
Nice article,i enjoyed every bit of it...
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 9jafreak: 8:54pm On May 28, 2012
ckkris: 9jafreak,
Reinhard Bonnke is a great and eternal blessing to Africa and Africans. Bonnke is an apostle of The Most High God, sent to Africa, and not to Europe or North America. Bonnke is also very successful in presenting to Africans to Good News that brought peace and sustainale progress from Israel, to Europe, and to every part of this earth. Africans have been accepting The Good News, and many are sustaining the continuous proclamation of The Good News in Africa, and beyond. Mary Slessor and many others were before Bonnke, and there will be many more, following after the command of Jesus, the teachings of the Apostle Paul, and so many willing messengers of The Prince of Peace.

“The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart.”
― Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart

Africans was NOT in need of Peace Evangelism neither were we in a state of Spiritual deficiency before the missionary offensive.
Granted certain aspects of our culture were plain egregious but the solution is not the substitution of culture with 'scripture'.
If that logic holds, then Christianity should be abandoned given all the atrocities it has committed in the past and continues to commit till present day.

Reinhard Bonnke is a nice man but he is also an Establishment man. One day, I'm sure, if he is honest, he will evaluate his contributions to Africa and examine whether it had all been worth it? Whether he had done no more than help expand the empires of a few mega preachers (his sponsors)?

After all, the big winners of these crusades were not the people, but the emperors that oversee and further exploit them!
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 2good(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2012
Blacks are proper mumu. I was once in a group of people of diverse nationality(Asians and Europeans) in Germany with myself being the only black among them. A German walked up to the group and gave ONLY ME a tract and invitation for a religious program in Dusseldorf. He did not give the other non black people tract because he believed that blacks are so religious and can easily be controlled by being fed with religion.
Alot of Germans are Atheist. Reinhard Bonnke should first convert the German non believer in Germany and other neighbouring European countries before focusing in Africa.
He is celebrated in Africa because the African man is so gullible and lack free thinking ability and instead preferred to be fed with information especially if it is coming from a white man.

1 Like

Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 9jafreak: 1:16am On May 29, 2012
pazienza: Nice article,i enjoyed every bit of it...

Thanks sir!
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 9jafreak: 1:18am On May 29, 2012
2good: Blacks are proper mumu. I was once in a group of people of diverse nationality(Asians and Europeans) in Germany with myself being the only black among them. A German walked up to the group and gave ONLY ME a tract and invitation for a religious program in Dusseldorf. He did not give the other non black people tract because he believed that blacks are so religious and can easily be controlled by being fed with religion.
Alot of Germans are Atheist. Reinhard Bonnke should first convert the German non believer first in Germany and other neighbouring European countries before focusing in Africa.
he is celebrated in Africa because the African man is so gullible and lack free thinking ability and instead preferred to be fed with information especially if it is coming from a white man.

Very well said. The gullibility of the black man is terrifying. Or how else could we explain how our ancestors abandoned their long-cherished tradition for a White Man's religion and even willingly sold their children to the White Man for slavery?
No collective pride, no common identity, no human dignity. This is our ultimate undoing!
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 7:50am On May 29, 2012
Black African preachers are now preaching and winning converts in Europe, North America, and around the world. Christianity is not a European religion. Europeans were worshipping the sun, noon, and stars, just like the Egyptians did. Everyone has to be converted, to worship The True God, Creator of the solar system, defined by Moses in Genesis 1:14. That's how Europe started to develop, and organise themselves into nation states. The difference is clear between those who worship The Most High God, and, those who worship the sun, moon, and stars, or the humanists who just worship themselves.

1 Like

Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by 2good(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2012
ckkris: Black African preachers are now preaching and winning converts in Europe, North America, and around the world. Christianity is not a European religion. Europeans were worshipping the sun, noon, and stars, just like the Egyptians did. Everyone has to be converted, to worship The True God, Creator of the solar system, defined by Moses in Genesis 1:14. That's how Europe started to develop, and organise themselves into nation states. The difference is clear between those who worship The Most High God, and, those who worship the sun, moon, and stars, or the humanists who just worship themselves.

Have you ever left the African continent? You really sound like someone that doesn't know how the bigger world operates
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 10:33am On May 29, 2012
2good,
Very Good. Please feel free to educate me on how the real world operates. That's the purpose of this open forum. I admit I don't know everything.

1 Like

Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by dorox(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2012
ckkris: 2good,
Very Good. Please feel free to educate me on how the real world operates. That's the purpose of this open forum. I admit I don't know everything.
Religion is a dying institution in the indusrialised world, especially in europe. The few vibrant churches you see around are populated by blacks and the noise level is far lower than what is taken as normal in nigeria
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 10:54am On May 29, 2012
Every sincere observer must admit that countries founded on Christian Bible values, though more nascent than India, Babylon, China, and other ancient civilisations, are better organised, more prosperous, enjoy higher dignity and quality of human life, for men and women, rich and poor, aliens, and the under privileged, than countries that are founded on other values. The Good News of Jesus Christ is just too good to be ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 11:06am On May 29, 2012
2good: Blacks are proper mumu. I was once in a group of people of diverse nationality(Asians and Europeans) in Germany with myself being the only black among them. A German walked up to the group and gave ONLY ME a tract and invitation for a religious program in .

You don't know the half of it. Over here, when the mainstream media wants a perspective off a black " leader", more often than not, it's going to be some religious figure. There is nothing more annoying that when the sharptons and jacksons are presented as leaders, their time ended when mlk died and their only weapon is that ridiculus bible but somehow there is no shortage of blacks who are quick to march after without thinking. Sharp ton even has his own political show so one of the loud mouths political talking head expected to give the black perspective is some who yaps about jewsih folklores for a living. Just disgusting.
Then during the recent vote in NC about gay marriage, it's the opinion of the " black church" that was sought b the media, because they keep using the same ret@rded book used to discriminate against them to discriminate against homosexual@ls. It would be funny if I wasn't black . It's just annoying.

Nowadays,I don't say anything about religion but if it comes up, I make sure to make it clear that I'm not part of that woo.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by emofine2(f): 11:10am On May 29, 2012
Like Pazienza I also enjoyed every word of the article. I also appreciate the valid points raised by 9jafreak and 2good, I could not have worded it better myself and even recognise a few points made by ckkris concerning Christianity not being a product of Europe. I think point 8 in the article that states that Christianity was “hijacked” is a very key point to consider because I take exception to the term “white man’s religion”. I find the term to be a sorry misconception employed largely as a propagandist tool to make black/African Christians reevaluate their position in such faith.

Whilst I am aware of the “racial” politics in Christianity - at least that strongly took place in particular periods. And the dark history that haunts Christianity on other continents including Europe committed by men who at least claimed to be “Christians” but used Christianity as a tool - I still regard the term "white man’s religion” not only to be false but rather disrespectful to “black” believers whose own history and heritage intersected Christianity long before the faith took hold in Europe.

People like the Orthodox Ethiopians, Eritreans and the Coptics in Egypt have a longer history with Christianity than most Europeans/Caucasians yet the faith in which they observe gets popularly tagged as the “white man’s religion”.

I can even very well understand how the term came about due to those who propagated the faith in many parts of the globe (which is a key difference between the missionaries and the orthodox people because the orthodox do not evangelize). And also the popularly used yet controversial image of a “white Christ” but the biggest fallacy with the term even though trying to innocuously cause “black” Christians to review the founding of their faith and even reconsider the traditional beliefs actually donates ownership of the larger Christian body to the Caucasians which serves to eliminates other people’s standing in history (most especially some Africans) in relation to Christianity.

And whilst I perfectly understand and support that one should not accept that which appears to devalue another’s being whilst appreciating another (putting them in a superior position) should one reject or accept a philosophy/belief/science/idea solely based on the unfamiliarity of the courier and not the content?

I'm quite aware there are Africans who foolishly accept everything that has been presented to them solely because the giver was “white” but I also notice that some Africans discard anything presented to them by the “white” man and it should not be based on appearances alone although history teaches us to be cautious we should at least review the content of any message and it’s carriage of course before rejecting or accepting it.

I don’t believe black people who are Christians should reject Christianity because of its perceived “white” heritage...they should rather reject it only if they believe it to serve no purpose to them but never satisfying that stereotype of it being the “white man’s religion”.

I accept that in certain parts of Africa Christianity was indeed introduced and imported by the Caucasians but that does not nor should qualify the belief system as a “white man’s religion” just as I would not render the beliefs of my forefathers as a mere “black” man’s religion...even though I recognize the difference was that “race” became a player and a theme in the spread of the so called “white man’s religion” which unfortunately taints Christianity as a whole.

But I do believe that it is good and a responsibility for all believers of all belief systems including the traditional ones to review the intricacies of their belief system and faith but I don’t believe that “race” should be the main basis upon which one is to review their faith unless that was the main basis upon which one accepted/rejected a particular faith.

As to the topic of the article 9jafreak went on to cement it with his/her brilliant post that's coupled with Achebe’s quote. I cannot even think of anything else to add. Très bien.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by emofine2(f): 11:14am On May 29, 2012
ckkris: Every sincere observer must admit that countries founded on Christian Bible values, though more nascent than India, Babylon, China, and other ancient civilisations, are better organised, more prosperous, enjoy higher dignity and quality of human life, for men and women, rich and poor, aliens, and the under privileged, than countries that are founded on other values. The Good News of Jesus Christ is just too good to be ignored.

This is just more propaganda (unless you can back it up) for morality precedes religion.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 11:15am On May 29, 2012
2good: . He did not give the other non black people tract because he believed that blacks are so religious and can easily be controlled by being fed with religion.

he is right.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 11:23am On May 29, 2012
9jafreak:
No collective pride, no common identity, no human dignity. This is our ultimate undoing!

I think the problem is actually too much collectivism, because it doesn't promote the inherent freedom of thought of individuals. !Most are either too scared, stupid, or are so used to the groupthink, that they never realize that they are individuals who can determine their own philosophy . And when one steps out,you can expect the sheep to turn on him or her.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 12:08pm On May 29, 2012
Emofine,
The great civilisations of Babylon(Iraq), and, India, were empires for centuries Before Christ, when England was yet to get a name, and Europeans were mostly primitive bands of armed robbers, and pirates. But upon accepting The Good News of Jesus Christ, the transformation is so breathtaking that comparatively small England today rules those ancient civilisations, and more. The point is that The God of the Bible is COVENANTED to help whoever chooses to accept Him, even today. The worship of sun, moon, and stars, is eternally inferior to the worship of The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. Can't you see the difference?
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 29, 2012
ckkris:
The great civilisations of Babylon(Iraq), and, India, were empires for centuries Before Christ, when England was yet to get a name, and Europeans were mostly primitive bands of armed robbers, and pirates. But upon accepting The Good News of Jesus Christ, the transformation is so breathtaking that comparatively small England today rules those ancient civilisations, and more. The point is that The God of the Bible is COVENANTED to help whoever chooses to accept Him, even today. The worship of sun, moon, and stars, is eternally inferior to the worship of The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. Can't you see the difference?

So "The God of the Bible was COVENANTED" to the British empire and the rest of the European empires, to enslave, pillage, and destroy other people before they even had a chance to build their own nations? Lord Lugard must have been under your god's covenant when he decided to force three different ethnic groups into one nation.....then made the crazy ones the most powerful.

Don't you think the transformation of England was due to their willingness to use other people's wealth to build their society and it has nothing to do with a covenant with any diety?Their economic prosperity came about because they decided to use that wealth and their brains to devise economic philisophies that improved that standard of living, while the countries they pillaged, continue to hold on to the "covenant". Except the U.S, how many former British colonies are on par with Britain when it comes to standard of living and economic prosperity? Is that the result of the covenant?

ckkris:
The worship of sun, moon, and stars, is eternally inferior to the worship of The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. Can't you see the difference?

What difference? They are both make believe.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 29, 2012
All the ramblings of this article do not negate the truth about Christ.

The heathen may rage but Christ remains true.

We like to boast about the 'richness' of Africa prior to the invasion by the English man.

But let's look at a few of the things we should have been proud of :

1. Killing of Twins
2. Female circumcision
3. Human and most especially child sacrifice
4. Worshipping thousands of different gods
5. Slavery ( yes Slavery existed , way before the white man came ).
6. Witchcraft and superstition

The list is endless.

Thank God, many of us have been delivered from these vain and foolish traditions.

Christ anyday, and thank God for People like Reinhard Bonnke.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 29, 2012
frosbel: All the ramblings of this article do not negate the truth about Christ.

It wasn't trying to negate the so called truth of your god. If you understood that, you wouldn't call it rambling.

frosbel:
We like to boast about the 'richness' of Africa prior to the invasion by the English man.
But let's look at a few of the things we should have been proud of :
1. Killing of Twins
2. Female circumcision
3. Human and most especially child sacrifice

You act as if every culture in the world didn't commit atrocities in the past. While some african ethnic groups were putting twins in evil forests, some europeans were burning witches.

frosbel:
4. Worshipping thousands of different gods
5. Slavery ( yes Slavery existed , way before the white man came ).
6. Witchcraft and superstition
Lol, the god you worship now is just one of "thousands of different gods".Yeah slavery existed before the arrival of the europeans, but chattel slavery wasn't used as a factor of production like the the empires did. Under your lovely christians, some people were deemed not to be fully human. Witchcraft and superstitions didn't go away either, you just replaced African superstitions with the jewsish kind. As for witchcraft, we still have your good old MOGs slapping witches.................in the 21st freaking century.

frosbel: The list is endless.
Thank God, many of us have been delivered from these vain and foolish traditions.Christ anyday, and thank God for People like Reinhard Bonnke

lol
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 2:07pm On May 29, 2012
Martian,
You're rather disingenuous, I'm afraid to say. Please why couldn't England, Germany, or any European tribe use their brain, when as Druids they worshipped Thor, or Venus. Why was it only after the Bible was translated, after centuries of resistance, that they began to see light, to organise into nation states. You're aware of the influence of monastries in the development of education, just as the missionaries in Nigeria. Why was India not able to sustain their civilisation, even as they kept written records, until 30,000 colonisers, sailed around the in small groups, subdued and ruled 300 million worshippers of snakes, cattle, and cockroaches. Thanks however, for acknowledging that even the Red Indians, with their great temples, couldn't develop until the Pilgrims arrived. So you're too careful not to cite Japan, that copied everything in Germany, and still copying. Truth is eternal, lies can't change recorded history. JESUS IS LORD OVER NIGERIA. Why? I'm on ground here, proclaiming, and inviting Him. And we're inching on, slowly, but steadily, by the very same COVENANT you ridicule as belonging to England only. And you know you're always welcome.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:27pm On May 29, 2012
Reinhard Bonnke will ever remain a true evangelist of the gospel of Christ.
'One message' that imparted the lives of millions of Africans.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 2:45pm On May 29, 2012
Dorox,
Please if church is "dying" in Europe, do expect non-Europeans to sheepishly do likewise? As European football is dying, we send Sam Eto, Nwankwo Kanu, the powerful Didier Drogba. Africa must be relevant from this generation onward. And Africans have always believed in God, and will continue the worship of The God, Most High.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 2:50pm On May 29, 2012
Emofine,
Please I want you to refute and disprove these facts as lies. tbh, I'm willing to learn, because I don't know everything.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 29, 2012
ckkris: Martian,
You're rather disingenuous, I'm afraid to say. Please why couldn't England, Germany, or any European tribe use their brain, when as Druids they worshipped Thor, or Venus. Why was it only after the Bible was translated, after centuries of resistance, that they began to see light, to organise into nation states. You're aware of the influence of monastries in the development of education, just as the missionaries in Nigeria.

Christianity played a a part in wastern civilization, especially the moanasteries keeping the greek and roman civilizations' knowledge safe during the middle ages. Nation states was just a national progression from city states, and there were going to develop as standards of living improved and populations grew.

ckkris: Why was India not able to sustain their civilisation, even as they kept written records, until 30,000 colonisers, sailed around the in small groups, subdued and ruled 300 million worshippers of snakes, cattle, and cockroaches

I don't get this. Are you cheering the european conquests of other people? Say whay you want about the Indians, at least they didn't turn their backs on their indigenous beliefs and they continue to worship their "snakes, cattle, and cockroaches" and they are not doing worse than the people that pray everyday to jesus. judging by the acroynym, BRICS, they are even doing better than jesus' african club.

ckkris: Thanks however, for acknowledging that even the Red Indians, with their great temples, couldn't develop until the Pilgrims arrived

You're piece of work. Do you think other cultures weren't developed at all before the "pilgrims" arrived? Who helped the "pilgrims" learn about the "new world"?

ckkris: So you're too careful not to cite Japan, that copied everything in Germany, and still copying.

What did Japan learn fronm germany? What are you even talking about? You know why the japanese culture is still intact? Because, they killed the stinking missionaries, that's why.

ckkris: Truth is eternal, lies can't change recorded history. JESUS IS LORD OVER NIGERIA. .

while the followers of Mohammed and Islam hold sway, while it's one of the most corrupt countries in the world, while it experiences brain drain because of poor infrastructure.
Jesus is lord over Nigeria, but that didn't stop IBB from making Nigeria a member of the Orgsanization of Islamic Countries. your god is lord indeed.

ckkris: Why? I'm on ground here, proclaiming, and inviting Him. And we're inching on, slowly, but steadily, by the very same COVENANT you ridicule as belonging to England only.

What imaginary covenant are you yapping about? Anyway, keep proclaiming while the rest of the world advances.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 29, 2012
ckkris:
Please if church is "dying" in Europe, do expect non-Europeans to sheepishly do likewise

If the church is dying in Europe, it means you need to take a closer look at it's teaching. If the people who brought it to you no longer believe their own bullsh#t, why cling to it?

ckkris: ,
As European football is dying, we send Sam Eto, Nwankwo Kanu, the powerful Didier Drogba. Africa must be relevant from this generation onward

lmao, what a freaking joke!!!! You're happy because African leagues are not developed, so the best players have to go to the better managed leagues in Europe!!!! You think football players make Africa "relevant".

ckkris: And Africans have always believed in God, and will continue the worship of The God, Most High

Which god? But continue to worship "God", while the rest of the world moves forward, you'll be just fine when the jewish magician descends from the clouds where he lives.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by ckkris: 5:13pm On May 29, 2012
Jesus rules here in Africa, and will continue to expand, and increase. Why? I, and millions of others, are seeing to it, vigorously, not just making noise. When there was no Jesus, you know what Africa was like. Now that Africans have accepted Jesus, WICKED oyinbo are angry that Africans are beginning to know what they know, so they mobilise the few that are sorry for being black, to try to set confusion. They even threaten to withdraw financial assistance unless gay marriage is permitted in Africa. There's news for you, the Good News of Jesus Christ is now so deeply rooted in Africa that nothing is of significant threat anymore.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by emofine2(f): 6:00pm On May 29, 2012
The partiality of facts displayed by frosbel who is apparently a recipient of the “truth” conveys a dishonesty.
If one claims that what they have is the “truth” why then convey only half-truths when unfolding details as pertaining to the supposed “richness” of Africa’s various traditional system[b]s[/b] in order to negatively contrast them to that of Christianity?

Highlighting the negative practises that occurred in various African cultures as a summary and template of African traditional beliefs is disingenuous most especially as one can quite easily underline the negatives in the Christian faith including the nations the missionaries came from.

But it’s truly sad when some Africans still seem to invest in the belief that we must remain grateful for the “invasion” of the missionaries that arrived on the once savage continent because without these intruders we would have forever been a lost people...despite the largely unkind carriage in which our so called pending civilization and salvation came.

However this exposé of the supposed singular African culture can be negated by other cultures on the continent one by one.
Not all cultures in Africa practised female circumcision, killed twins or even polytheism etc but that is not to say some of the things in those other African cultures were not guilty of other atrocities. But it goes to show that all cultures worldwide at one time held unto to some deplorable belief. The medieval English for example discriminated against ginger haired and left handed people and this was whilst they were aware of the apparently crude-curing faith of Christianity.

Many great empires in Africa predated the birth of Christ let alone Christianity and that is what emphasizes the “'richness' of Africa prior to the invasion by the English man”. The irony is that those nations who generously gave Africa the gift of salvation and an added bonus of civilization largely view Africa as uncivilized for adhering so tightly to the so called civilized belief. Africans(Nigerians) for the most part may have discarded their former practises (both the good and bad) but their conduct and approach to the adopted imported beleifs still largely remains superstitious as was conveyed with the former systems.

Finally what is the difference between such downgrade attitude shown by frosbel et al and the negative rhetoric some non-Christians (including the “English man”) use to demote Christianity?
Respect is reciprocal and this is the reason why many ardent religious adherents do not attain much respect for their belief system when they see fit to hypocritically disrespect the sacred beliefs of another.
Re: Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* by emofine2(f): 6:04pm On May 29, 2012
ckkris: Emofine,
Please I want you to refute and disprove these facts as lies. tbh, I'm willing to learn, because I don't know everything.

What are you talking about? The onus is on you to back up your biased statement with facts.
Meanwhile I still maintain...human decency, moral conduct and even that in which ones calls “God” predates religion.

(1) (Reply)

Fear Not, Your Saviour Is Here!! - Joseph Prince / What's The Essence Of Marriage?? / Miracles From GCK — Glorious Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.