Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? (2133 Views)

See The Dilemma I'm In Right Now... / Robbers Put This Husband In A Dilemma (pic) / Boyfriend's Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by Phems(m): 9:41am On May 28, 2012
AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do?

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading.

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. I love this, I may actually use it sometime for an interview situation.

WHAT DID HE SAY?

He simply answered: ""I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the sicked old lady to the hospital.
I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams.""

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by lilkech(m): 12:51pm On May 28, 2012
Dis one na fairy tale abi home video abi advice?
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by dani1luv: 12:53pm On May 28, 2012
wtf
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2012
Hmm.
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by mikuz(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
lilkech: Dis one na fairy tale abi home video abi advice?

some of the above.
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by writetopoker: 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
very intuitive
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by ibrhyme77(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Good answer, but the problem is that your friend doesn't know how to drive.
Re: AN ETHICAL DILEMMA - What Would You Do? by tomiobj(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2015
I swear I was about to say that

(1) (Reply)

Akpors : The Confused MARRIED Man / Fibi Sausage Roll Expired 37 Days Ago And I Ate It / Tooth Pick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.