Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem (23478 Views)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M / Ten Mysteries That Remain Unsolved (2) (3) (4)

Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva: Mshewww...something that i successfully solved three years ago.
before na, naija no d take last grin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nasri100(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2012
freecocoa: You know this is actually funny grin grin grin.

I showed 3 of my friends that pix and asked them to guess how old the dude in the pix is,one said "30",another said "27" and the stup1d one amongst them said "50",that was before i even commented on this thread. grin grin grin

Wonder why you should call ur friend **stupid** DUMB is a better word....Nd umm invite them to nairaland too.Thanks x
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 31, 2012
quest003: .............and somebody also nids 2 solve dis acclaimed 16yr old boy 2 knw if he's truly a boy or a man
abi ohgrin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 31, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: Cme let me teach u, 2*2=8,3*3=85,7*2=182,do u understand, i just graduated frm MAULAG wit a first degree in mathematics.
hmm see mau first graduate, eh learner, you don learn kogrin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 31, 2012
kandiikane: Heh! 16 is the passport age to travel from india.
Plus if I had taken maths for my further education I probably would have excelled in it but I rather something that will bring me money asap. cheesy
to the bolded, i gree wit you, maths de interesting but interesting no d put 'ego' 4 person back pocketgrin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 31, 2012
ZUBY77: Big deal. At 16 he has a laptop and lives in germany. At 16 i had matchets and hoes for farming and lived in a rural part of Nigeria.
grin grin thinking... At 16 wetin i de do?
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 31, 2012
Reference: Okay, another equation that has defied logic for 52 years. What can be done to turn Nigeria into a country.
this is d koko kwetion, bros +1, i think he will solve our problem by 20, i know itgrin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Shola Rayo, we Yorubas are very proud of you. Keep making Awolowo a proud man grin grin grin grin
kai una no go kill person wit laf, haba grin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 31, 2012
LeoMax: AGE HEAPING is based on hypothesis, even a kindergarten student will know that it is challenge-able postulate, in the word of a famous physicist " Assumption is the mother of all Zap ups".
did u graduate from uniben ?
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Ozegbe(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2012
Next time when they have such difficult questions to solve, they shouldnt hide it rather bring it to africa precisely nigeria and put a price on it. that day you will know that if given the opportunity an average naija is brilliant than the americans. msteww 350yrs ko...1million years ni
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by blackboi(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2012
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Jerry2i(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2012
life_style:

You wouldn't wanna do that....
y won't he......i can gv it a try if i can see d puzzle
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by davades(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2012
oseiwe: why dem feel say na d boy/man solution be d answer? if u no knw d answer, hw u wan take score person?

Thought as much
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by alluson(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2012
From the equation he stated, the boy is a genius. You can only understand that if you are an electrician or physician. Please solve and apply it and see how it works. But it can only work in projectile equations
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by rman: 6:41pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Shola Ray :Do, we Yorubas are very proud of you. Keep making Awolowo a proud man grin grin grin grin

THIS REALLY CRACKED ME UP! SHOLA RAYO,
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by tonididdy(m): 6:51pm On May 31, 2012
nairaland take am easy
first this man dosent look 16
two-wetin concern dell concern mathematician
thirdly-its a sccam
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by tonididdy(m): 6:52pm On May 31, 2012
nairaland take am easy
first this man dosent look 16
two-wetin concern dell concern mathematician
thirdly-its a sccam
fourtly there is no unsolved mathematics anywhere in the world.if there is how dem take know say this guy answer is the right answer lol
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by davida222(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2012
Excelboi: Gaddemn... Dis guy doesn't look 16
beats me!!
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by betrani(m): 7:09pm On May 31, 2012
topboyz:

A 16-year-old has managed to crack puzzles which have baffled the world of maths for more than 350 years.

Shouryya Ray has been hailed a genius after working out the problems set by Sir Isaac Newton.

The schoolboy, from Dresden, Germany, solved two fundamental particle dynamics theories which physicists have previously been able to calculate only by using powerful computers.
His solutions mean that scientists can now calculate the flight path of a thrown ball and then predict how it will hit and bounce off a wall.

Shouryya only came across the problems during a school trip to Dresden University where professors claimed they were uncrackable.

'I just asked myself, 'Why not?',' explained Shouryya.

'I think it was just schoolboy naivety. I didn't believe there couldn't be a solution,' he added.
Modest Shouryya began solving complicated equations as a six year old but says he's no genius.

'There are other things at school I wish I was better at - football for one,' he said.

For years Shouryya has enjoyed what he calls 'intrinsic beauty' of maths.

When he was young, his father, an engineer, began testing his brain by setting him arithmetic problems.

After arriving from Calcutta four years ago without knowing any German, Shouryya is now fluent in the language.

His intelligence was quickly noted in class and he was pushed up two years in school - he is currently sitting his exams early.

Modestly Shouryya has pointed out he has weak points as a mathematician, and says he is not as competent in sport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150225/Shouryya-Ray-solves-puzzles-posed-Sir-Isaac-Newton-baffled-mathematicians-350-years.html
Stop all the noise and lies! 350 year old puzzle solved by a 16 year old! Hmmm. Since scientist nor fit silve d puzzle na who come tell am say him get d answer? Hw we go take knw whether him correct or not since nobody dan get d answer b4? Who dem d deceive?
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 31, 2012
http://datelinenews.org/shourryya-ray-solution-to-350-year-old-isaac-newton-puzzle-on-search-by-physicists/99554

Isaac Newton Equation

Shourrya Ray's Solution to Isaac Newton Puzzle

Some folks have WAAAY too much time on their hands. undecided
I am more a "1+1=2...call it a day" gal. grin
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 31, 2012
betrani: Stop all the noise and lies! 350 year old puzzle solved by a 16 year old! Hmmm. Since scientist nor fit silve d puzzle na who come tell am say him get d answer? Hw we go take knw whether him correct or not since nobody dan get d answer b4? Who dem d deceive?

na real wa!

I can guarantee you, they were "close" and all he did was go off of someone else's model, thus
providing the "missing link". But to solve that SOLELY on his own..na comedy. Next we will hear of a 13 year old who knows how to solve the mystery of using Quantum Mechanics when it comes to time travel. tongue
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by ochallo: 7:35pm On May 31, 2012
he is indian and indians in high school have mustaches as early as 13. yes they are that hairy. that is why the ladies have hair touching their butt, but you would think indians are geniuses, it really baffles me, because, it is like this guy for one has taken the brain of about 1000 indians back in his country and addded it to his own, making the rest everlasting dummies, that is how it is in india, 1 genius, 1000 dummies, and good for them they are 1 billion.
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by ochallo: 7:37pm On May 31, 2012
Shouryya Ray (born 1996 Kolkata, India), is a 16-year-old German of Indian origin, who came second in the 2012 German youth science competition[1] Jugend forscht, in the category Mathematics and Computer Science. The prize was awarded for his project[2] on classical particle dynamics, which provides analytical solutions for finding the trajectory of a particle including drag and the reflection of a particle at a surface.[3] The result was covered in several news and digital media reports as a breakthrough,[4] but these articles were characterised as hype by scientists.[5] The motion of a particle subject to the forces of gravity and drag may have been published as early as 1860

End of thread
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 31, 2012
ochallo: he is indian and indians in high school have mustaches as early as 13. yes they are that hairy. that is why the ladies have hair touching their butt,

smh.
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by ugfunky(f): 7:40pm On May 31, 2012
Omo no do º°˚˚˚°º0. Dah guy resemble 25, wch 1 b 16
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by crackhouse(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2012
I solved that puzzle some years back but it was not heard. I wonder why it's making waves now, it's because it's coming from a white guy or is it that i am not destined to solve it?
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by merije1010(m): 7:50pm On May 31, 2012
Congrtulatn hw I wish am d one
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by crackhouse(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2012
hisblud: grin grin thinking... At 16 wetin i de do?
u were busing riding tyres and playing with kites on the streets.
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by knotty(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2012
ashson: Whr is d puzzle? let me giv it a try...

Here you go:
If you have 1000, how many bottles of Gulder and how many plates of pepper soup can you scoop out of it?
350 year old equation.
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Aladinn(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2012
checkfidel: Is it for you to doubt his age or to acknowledge his achievement.
They said he is 16 so be it.
Or maybe you want him to put on T-shirt and jean before you know.
Or maybe for him to show his side view to know if the bears are mature or showing sign of growth.
Meanwhile he is not a Nigerian nor an African so you should expect rapid development as usual.
A 16-year-old lad with beards is quite acceptable, but with moustache? It begs for doubt. Moustache... That's serious.
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by Gbengaslc: 10:32pm On May 31, 2012
[b][/b][/size][size=8pt]great but the guy didn't look 16.
But if he is am sure he is a Nigerian
Re: 16yr Old Shouryya Ray Solves 350 Years Unsolved Maths Problem by shadrach77: 10:45pm On May 31, 2012
if he's 16, i'm 12! grin grin grin

Minister Orders Refund Of Post-utme Fees / Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) / Unilag Foundation Programme 2015/2016 Thread( C.O.C form closes sept 29)