Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 (9720 Views)

Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by mukina2: 4:49am On May 29, 2012

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/696416_Samsung-Galaxy-S3_jpg0ce020785bdfde712f7c1b250f32bdea[/img]

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co launches its latest Galaxy S smartphone in Europe on Tuesday, with the third generation model expected to be even more successful than its predecessor, which helped the South Korean company topple Apple Inc as the world's top smartphone maker.

The S3, which tracks the user's eye movements to keep the screen from dimming or turning off while in use, hits stores in 28 European and Middle East countries, including Germany and Britain, as Samsung aims to widen the gap with Apple months ahead of its rival's new iPhone, expected in the third quarter.

The Galaxy S3, running on Google's Android operating system, boasts a 4.8-inch screen, bigger than the 3.5-inch display on the iPhone 4S and the 4.7-inch screen on HTC's One X model.

Source

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by cynthiasmart(f): 5:30am On May 29, 2012
What a nice phone. Andriod is still the best. People are just over-emphasized about Blackberry
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by ebamma(m): 12:42pm On May 29, 2012
but why samsung phones dey always resemble chinko phones?

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 29, 2012
KEEP ROLLING EM OUT AND WE WILL KEEP BUYING....
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by alahamad(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2012
Lovely piece of work.....et fantastique....
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 29, 2012
Google will last in the tech world.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Ozegbe(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2012
Na wa ooh.. what happened to all the ones we have bought and still in the market. People are still struggling to afford the ones on ground and they busy releasing new ones. Anyway like bb porsche am sure they will record high sale in nigeria.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Fxmarket: 1:10pm On May 29, 2012
ebamma: but why samsung phones dey always resemble chinko phones?

U hv not feel any of the phones, if not u wont be saying that
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 29, 2012
One could make love to that thing. It's such a beauty. What a work of art.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by IamFenriz(m): 1:13pm On May 29, 2012
Apples swag lies in the fact that they have d fewest models of fones and the sleekness of the devices is unbeatable...i still stick with Apple
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 29, 2012
Android is sure a wonderful Mobile OS, but all the cheap plastics that comes with Samsung, HTC and co. is simply disgusting! :-(
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by zangiff(m): 1:19pm On May 29, 2012
beautiful and nice.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by zumarock8(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2012
ebamma: but why samsung phones dey always resemble chinko phones?

abi na chinko phones they resemble samsung

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by moshoodn(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2012
Buddies.. My fellow android lovers, how much we paying for this baby?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 29, 2012
And you're reporting this now? How long ago was the phone launched? Smh!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by ektbear: 2:01pm On May 29, 2012
Hmm. I'll need to head back to the store and check this phone out.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 29, 2012
Wow!!

But iPhone5 is the phone to beat...

I can't even keep up with these new phones coming out every month... cheesy
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by jspac(m): 2:19pm On May 29, 2012
cynthiasmart: What a nice phone. Andriod is still the best. People are just over-emphasized about Blackberry
Tell em girl.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Frostyzone(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2012
SimonAndal: And you're reporting this now? How long ago was the phone launched? Smh!
Ever heard of an adage: ''Better late than never''.
And since you had known about that for a long time, why didn't you report it?
Bad belle na wah oh!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by coded777: 2:35pm On May 29, 2012
How on earth does this s.hit pay my school fees at UNILAG?
Only an ignoramus would buy this! even if ya father na OBJ, are U done with exploring the ones still in the market, if not for egoistic fantasies. Mteeeeewww.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Frostyzone(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2012
I'm of the opinion that iphone is still a platform to beat. Their OS is superbly fast, design sleek and elegant as well as durable. Applications too numerous to choose from.
Andriod Samsung on the other is just a pretender that is currently making waves because it knows it will not last. Limited apps, inferrior casing material, but to name a few.
Buy Samsung S3 at your own peril.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 29, 2012
How is the battery life?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Ilaje44(m): 3:31pm On May 29, 2012
Frostyzone: I'm of the opinion that iphone is still a platform to beat. Their OS is superbly fast, design sleek and elegant as well as durable. Applications too numerous to choose from.
Andriod Samsung on the other is just a pretender that is currently making waves because it knows it will not last. Limited apps, inferrior casing material, but to name a few.

I dont think you know about these things. And this is coming from an old man using windows phone 7. Android's got all them Swag to borrow unna small pikin spoke.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 29, 2012
coded777: How on earth does this s.hit pay my school fees at UNILAG?
Only an ignoramus would buy this! even if ya father na OBJ, are U done with exploring the ones still in the market, if not for egoistic fantasies. Mteeeeewww.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 29, 2012
You mean MAU? Brother?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 29, 2012
double post
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by texazzpete(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2012

Just because you're broke, it doesn't mean every one else is. Now STFU and call you school by the new, transformed name grin

SimonAndal: And you're reporting this now? How long ago was the phone launched? Smh!

The phone just went up for sale today. Don't be in a haste to show your ignorance.

pro01: One could make love to that thing. It's such a beauty. What a work of art.

LMAO! This phone, a 'beauty'? Wipe your glasses please. It just looks ok, nothing more. There's a reason why the Android fanbase were deeply disappointed with its looks at its reveal earlier this month.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 29, 2012

Just 6hrs n u are beginning to think like a Moshoodite true true. Dat u can't afford it doesn't mean people who can shouldn't enjoy der lives na.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 29, 2012
Frostyzone: I'm of the opinion that iphone is still a platform to beat. Their OS is superbly fast, design sleek and elegant as well as durable. Applications too numerous to choose from.

Lol dude, I laugh when I read this. You don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Limited apps? You realize it's the ANDROID were talking about right? And that all Samsung did is build the hardware right?
If you wanna diss Samsung diss Samsung, but when you start dissing the Google android then it's clear you're just talking out of ignorance.

Apps are based on independent developers making software for the app market. As I am one of the and have made apps for both, I can tell you that the iOS is extremely limited.
Whatever app existed in your iOS has an alternative that does the same thing and most likely better on the android. E.g You have no idea how much more convenient it is to just plugin my phone into my computer and get that PDF i had been working on all day without having to first email it to myself or some shit. If I didn't have wifi then nko?

Let me know when your iPhone starts supporting flash, or when they finally deliver y'all from the torment of having to type one darn letter at a time (instead of just using Swype or it's many neural-net keyboard alternatives available on te market), or in fact, let me know when your apple allows you to use your phone as a portable file storage, and when they finally let you put whatever music you want on the darn thing without that slow bulky iTunes nonsense.

Many other disabilities of the ios, but you get the gist...

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by jspac(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2012
texazzpete:

Just because you're broke, it doesn't mean every one else is. Now STFU and call you school by the new, transformed name grin
Great MOSHOODITES!!! Great!!! grin
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Frostyzone(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

Lol dude, I laugh when I read this. You don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Limited apps? You realize it's the ANDROID were talking about right? And that all Samsung did is build the hardware right?
If you wanna diss Samsung diss Samsung, but when you start dissing the android then it's clear you're just talking out of ignorance.

Apps are based on independent developers making software for the app market. As I am one of the and have made apps for both, I can tell you that the iOS is extremely limited.
Let me know when your iPhone starts supporting flash, or when they finally deliver y'all from the torment of having to type one darn letter at a time (instead of just using Swype or it's many neural-net keyboard alternatives available on te market), or in fact, let me know when your apple allows you to use your phone as a portable file storage, and when they finally let you put whatever music you want on the darn thing without that slow bulky iTunes nonsense.

Many other disabilities of the ios, but you get the gist...
Dude, it's obvious from your tirade that you are one of the Samsung fanboys. Which is synonymous to been full of B.S!
Android's app can never compare with iphone's when it comes to that. And when I said ''limited apps'' I was talking about quality as well as numbers. I played PES 2012 yesterday on both platform, and bro sincerely speaking, iphone beat the c.rap out of Samsung(super pretender)
As for swype that you boast so much about, who cares?? If I could type fast enough with the virtual keyboard, why in the blue moon would I want to use swype mode anymore
Dude, Android has a great OS, don't get me wrong, but when stacked against iOS...it's hopeless.
About the iTunes, I'm okay with it. It may be slow, bulky and other what-nots but atleast it delivers. I don't have to surf the internet looking for a free mp3 site like you Android users do.
I'm not ignorant bro, I'm just saying it as I see it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Fix My Crashed Android Phone / When Last Did You Use The Weather App On Your Phone? / How Can I Change Font On Tecno Camon X Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.