Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria (22419 Views)

Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 7:58am On Jun 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S 3 hits Nigeria .

Monday, 25 June 2012 00:00 BusinessDay Staff

Samsung Electronics’ latest flagship Smartphone, Galaxy S III is now available in Nigeria, only a few weeks after launch in Europe.

The much expected device was formally unveiled to Nigerian phone users at Samsung Brand Shops at The Palms Shopping Mall in Lekki and Ikeja Shopping Mall, in Alausa, Ikeja, both in Lagos. The new phone is the follow up to the very popular Galaxy II, which was critical to Samsung overtaking Nokia to become the world’s best-selling mobile phone maker.

Samsung is hoping to consolidate the success it achieved with Galaxy S II by enhancing some of its most popular features in this latest device. Galaxy S III comes with a 4.8 inch (12.2cm) screen, an increase on the 4.3 inch screen of its predecessor, and much bigger than the 3.5in display on the iPhone 4S. It is one of the largest screens on smartphones ever.

The arrival of the phone on Nigeria’s shores put paid to speculations as to when mobile phone users in the country can have access to the smartphone which has enjoyed rave reviews across the world.

It would be recalled that Samsung Electronics overtook Apple Inc. in the last quarter of last year to become the world’s largest smartphone vendor amid a widening technology and legal battle between the two companies.

During the period, Samsung shipped 27.8 million smartphones, taking 23.8 percent of the market, according to the United Kingdom- based renowned research consultancy, Strategy Analytics. Apple’s 17.1 million shipments, comprising 14.6 percent of the market, pushed the Apple to second place, the firm said, adding that Nokia maintained its third position.

Apple, which released its iPhone 4S in the last quarter of 2011, held the top spot for only one quarter after dislodging Nokia earlier in the year. Samsung’s adoption of Google’s Android software has proved very useful to boost sales of its Galaxy smartphones and tablet computers.

The company has also managed to incorporate a number of features that proved popular with phone users.

Some other new features that the mobile phone maker believes will make Galaxy S3 an instant hit with mobile phone users across the world include a mix of intelligent camera features and face recognition technology that ensures that the phone never goes dim or locks, so long as the owner is looking at it.

To facilitate this, a 1.9 megapixel camera was incorporated into the front of the device to track user’s eyes. The second camera on the back of the device packs more power at 8 megapixel resolution, making carrying a separate digital camera or camcorder superfluous.

While the Bluetooth technology revolutionised the concept of sharing, a new feature on this latest Smartphone from Samsung makes it even more convenient for phone users to share.

Tagged S-Beam, the feature makes it possible for owners of Galaxy S 3 to transfer files, documents, videos and other content from one phone to the other, just by placing them side by side. Allshare Cast feature lets users see the content of their device in other places, while yet another feature, dubbed Allshare, allows the owner of a Galaxy S III to play and see the content of his device on a larger screen, such as a television screen without the use of any wire.

The phone also uses what is described as a “natural language user interface” dubbed S Voice. Samsung says it is a major improvement on the voice control features it included on earlier models.

The facility can be used to command the phone to play songs, adjust the volume, send text messages or emails and take photographs, among many other features.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/advertising/40055-samsung-galaxy-s-3-hits-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Korrection(m): 9:29am On Jun 25, 2012
Nigeria is a bad country yet these whites keep launching gadgets in it...and making their money..we are really fools..now i know...SMFH
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 25, 2012
but den no put gun for ur neck say u must buy dem products

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by inspiredm(m): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2012
I Own One Already and I can say its the MOST Amazing Phone EVER !!!

I cant remember where I dropped my Iphone 4s Since the day I laid my Hands on the Galaxy S3.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by bid4rich(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2012
Nice one Samsung, thumbs up and go on galaxitizing the world.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by collins123(m): 9:36am On Jun 25, 2012
[size=16pt]SHAME[/size] shocked shocked shocked

Our corrupt leaders will buy them, anyways.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2012
Tokotaya: Samsung Galaxy S 3 hits Nigeria .

Monday, 25 June 2012 00:00 BusinessDay Staff

Samsung Electronics’ latest flagship Smartphone, Galaxy S III is now available in Nigeria, only a few weeks after launch in Europe.

The much expected device was formally unveiled to Nigerian phone users at Samsung Brand Shops at The Palms Shopping Mall in Lekki and Ikeja Shopping Mall, in Alausa, Ikeja, both in Lagos. The new phone is the follow up to the very popular Galaxy II, which was critical to Samsung overtaking Nokia to become the world’s best-selling mobile phone maker.

Samsung is hoping to consolidate the success it achieved with Galaxy S II by enhancing some of its most popular features in this latest device. Galaxy S III comes with a 4.8 inch (12.2cm) screen, an increase on the 4.3 inch screen of its predecessor, and much bigger than the 3.5in display on the iPhone 4S. It is one of the largest screens on smartphones ever.

The arrival of the phone on Nigeria’s shores put paid to speculations as to when mobile phone users in the country can have access to the smartphone which has enjoyed rave reviews across the world.

It would be recalled that Samsung Electronics overtook Apple Inc. in the last quarter of last year to become the world’s largest smartphone vendor amid a widening technology and legal battle between the two companies.

During the period, Samsung shipped 27.8 million smartphones, taking 23.8 percent of the market, according to the United Kingdom- based renowned research consultancy, Strategy Analytics. Apple’s 17.1 million shipments, comprising 14.6 percent of the market, pushed the Apple to second place, the firm said, adding that Nokia maintained its third position.

Apple, which released its iPhone 4S in the last quarter of 2011, held the top spot for only one quarter after dislodging Nokia earlier in the year. Samsung’s adoption of Google’s Android software has proved very useful to boost sales of its Galaxy smartphones and tablet computers.

The company has also managed to incorporate a number of features that proved popular with phone users.

Some other new features that the mobile phone maker believes will make Galaxy S3 an instant hit with mobile phone users across the world include a mix of intelligent camera features and face recognition technology that ensures that the phone never goes dim or locks, so long as the owner is looking at it.

To facilitate this, a 1.9 megapixel camera was incorporated into the front of the device to track user’s eyes. The second camera on the back of the device packs more power at 8 megapixel resolution, making carrying a separate digital camera or camcorder superfluous.

While the Bluetooth technology revolutionised the concept of sharing, a new feature on this latest Smartphone from Samsung makes it even more convenient for phone users to share.

Tagged S-Beam, the feature makes it possible for owners of Galaxy S 3 to transfer files, documents, videos and other content from one phone to the other, just by placing them side by side. Allshare Cast feature lets users see the content of their device in other places, while yet another feature, dubbed Allshare, allows the owner of a Galaxy S III to play and see the content of his device on a larger screen, such as a television screen without the use of any wire.

The phone also uses what is described as a “natural language user interface” dubbed S Voice. Samsung says it is a major improvement on the voice control features it included on earlier models.

The facility can be used to command the phone to play songs, adjust the volume, send text messages or emails and take photographs, among many other features.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/advertising/40055-samsung-galaxy-s-3-hits-nigeria

Price?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 25, 2012
inspired_m: I Own One Already and I can say its the MOST Amazing Phone EVER !!!

I cant remember where I dropped my Iphone 4s Since the day I laid my Hands on the Galaxy S3.
They can only get batter.
iPhones will soon become a pack of sh*t.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 25, 2012
JideTheBlogger:

Price?

Gee, Did you have to Quote the Entire Post? If everyone did that, you know how long it'd take to get to the "Reply" button?

@Topic Samsung's Galaxy S2 was a great phone (my only problem was the battery life, which isn't unexpected)

At 4.8inches, this phone is slowly becoming a tablet. Can't wait to get my hands on the new S3, though.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Ryabcool(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2012
JideTheBlogger:

Price?

Are you okay? So you quoted the entire article(wasting quality space at that too) just so you could ask price? Couldn't you have just asked without quoting? Please check yourself before you wreck yourself

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 25, 2012
How much does this galaxy tab phones cost?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by mikuz(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2012
Ryabcool:
Are you okay? So you quoted the entire article(wasting quality space at that too) just so you could ask price? Couldn't you have just asked without quoting? Please check yourself before you wreck yourself
abi? The guy needs check up!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by IbroSaunks(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2012
where price na?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by otumfour(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2012
chipmunkey:

I love Samsung, especially with wht they'v done wit tha GALAXY line of phones (talking from experience, used all of them from the first Galaxy phone to this new S3) , but an iPhone is and will always be one of the best smartphones out there, simple!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2012
chipmunkey:

Hahahahahahhaaaa. grin grin grin grin. Tall dreammmnm
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Milikiman: 10:22am On Jun 25, 2012
abeg na how muchweda i go fit drop ds my nokia 3310
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by oddy4real(m): 10:25am On Jun 25, 2012
Ordinary Samsung Galaxy S2 murders Iphone 4S. Talkless of Samsung Galaxy S3
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by snthesis(m): 10:27am On Jun 25, 2012
5000naira only
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 25, 2012
oddy4real: Ordinary Samsung Galaxy S2 murders Iphone 4S. Talkless of Samsung Galaxy S3

I av used galaxy tab 7 π s2 but i Ω̴̩̩̩̥♏ still satisfied wid ma iphone. One mans meat s anoda mans poison.. I have always h8TD d idea of sharing appz via b/tooth, datz y I stik 2 ma b.b π iphone.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by microgiant: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2012
Iphone is tied to carriers and is officially not available in Nigeria, whereas Samsung is universal.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by friedrice1: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2012
MTN bundle offer N108,000
Samsung Outlets N101,000

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 10:52am On Jun 25, 2012
inspired_m: I Own One Already and I can say its the MOST Amazing Phone EVER !!!

Bros, how much did u get it for and where?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 10:53am On Jun 25, 2012
fried-rice:
MTN bundle offer N108,000
Samsung Outlets N101,000

What does the mtn bundle offer comes with.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by avi2612: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2012
i think slot seels for 98.....
mayb buyin frm mtn wud b worth it if they give u a gd internet package,,,
dunno
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by damilola15: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2012
Let me join me voice to those asking for the price.

PRICE
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by friedrice1: 11:01am On Jun 25, 2012
Funkymallam:

What does the mtn bundle offer comes with.
3 months valid 750mb free internet use.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by oddy4real(m): 11:05am On Jun 25, 2012
98k abi? I would chill till after my Bar exams in August, price should have come down by then
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by inspiredm(m): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2012
Funkymallam:

Bros, how much did u get it for and where?

I got it From the UK last week, Price is 499 Pounds.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by avi2612: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2012
slots online price is 98 just confirmed tat
am hearin dscl is 96..need to check tat
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by avi2612: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2012
am currently using s2 wich is so awesome..
just feeling desperate to get my hands on s3smiley
phew...........
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 11:21am On Jun 25, 2012
This will crash the price of Galaxy S2.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BB Q10 Keeps On Restarting Displaying Error 'www.bberror.com/bb10-0020[SOLVED] / Best Movie Apps For Android Device / Must-have Accessories For Your New Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.