Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,094 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

Do You Accept Renaming Unilag To Moshood Abiola University (MAU) VOTE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Accept Renaming Unilag To Moshood Abiola University (MAU) VOTE (856 Views)

Poll: Do you accept renaming of UNILAG to Moshood Abiola University (MAU)

YES: 28% (4 votes)
NO: 57% (8 votes)
Indifferent: 14% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming / Wole Soyinka Opposes UNILAG/MAU Renaming / Sagay, Others Differ Over Renaming Of UNILAG In Honour Of Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Accept Renaming Unilag To Moshood Abiola University (MAU) VOTE by domack99(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2012
I personally think there are better way to Immortalise Abiola, infact there is a school name after him already. Using Unilag, a school located in south west of the country seems sectional, while not Abuja or better still ABU to indicate strong unity in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Accept Renaming Unilag To Moshood Abiola University (MAU) VOTE by Desert01: 10:26am On May 29, 2012
I don't understand what he is trying to achieve ooh. MKO university + June 12 + Rallies I really do not think MKO is in the league of Awolowo and the likes. He was a presidential candidate who was treated unfairly not a freedom fighter. I guess my beef is not for MKO it is for the change of name. University of Lagos is iconic enough It is just like University of Delhi, University of Washington, University of London. Who does that ? sad
Re: Do You Accept Renaming Unilag To Moshood Abiola University (MAU) VOTE by domack99(m): 10:32am On May 29, 2012
I really tire for this man walahi. he seems to be really clueless i accept.
Re: Do You Accept Renaming Unilag To Moshood Abiola University (MAU) VOTE by ishmael(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2012
domack99: I personally think there are better way to Immortalise Abiola, infact there is a school name after him already. Using Unilag, a school located in south west of the country seems sectional, while not Abuja or better still ABU to indicate strong unity in Nigeria.
See ur mouth. Is ABU not a uni in the north named after Sir Ahmadu Bello? U want it changed again to MKO? Why are u people rejecting MKO now? Is he not adored by u yorubas again?

(1) (Reply)

Beaf: MAULAG Rename Make Goodluck & senate Unpopular Among Nigerian(statistics). / Flood Sacks 6 Villages, Renders 10,000 Homeless In Cross-river State. / President Jonathan's Economic Advisers Owing Nigeria N1.3 Trillion; CBN Bars Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.