Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? (4494 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Which Light Ruled The Earth Before The Fourth Day Of Creation? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 1:08pm On May 29, 2012
Genesis chapter 1, verse 3-5
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning —the first day.

Which light is this exactly? And how does it differ from the other lights he created on the fourth day in verses 14-19?

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning —the fourth day.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by UyiIredia(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2012
If your knowledge of Physics is deep you would realize that you do not need electricity to create light. That's why the Aurora Borealis still exists till now. Put simply a large quantity of electromagnetic waves can create light. That's has long been confirmed and it is the basis of plasma screen technology. Confirm it.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 3:58pm On May 29, 2012
Uyi Iredia: If your knowledge of Physics is deep you would realize that you do not need electricity to create light. That's why the Aurora Borealis still exists till now. Put simply a large quantity of electromagnetic waves can create light. That's has long been confirmed and it is the basis of plasma screen technology. Confirm it.

Thanks for the attempt.
So which light did he create first then? Aurora Borealis, electromagnetic waves induced light? or another one?
I really want to know.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by Goshen360(m): 5:01pm On May 29, 2012
So you can now come to us for help in order to answer your question about our God you don't believe in huh? Go search the scriptures by yourself and find out or maybe perhaps, your question is to mock our God still.

Logic Mind: Genesis chapter 1, verse 3-5
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning —the first day.

Which light is this exactly? And how does it differ from the other lights he created on the fourth day in verses 14-19?

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning —the fourth day.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 6:31pm On May 29, 2012
Goshen360: So you can now come to us for help in order to answer your question about our God you don't believe in huh? Go search the scriptures by yourself and find out or maybe perhaps, your question is to mock our God still.

Are you admitting that, like me, you don't know which light genesis 1:3 was refering to?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:44pm On May 29, 2012
Sorry you dear friends ... but ...
I feel a certain mood to read that kind of biblical stories.
"In the beginning God created the sky and earth ...
I wonder who is telling it?
An eyewitness?
God himself tells it? and then why he speaks in third person?

I would say so:
"One day, God was bored, and tired of being alone had a brilliant idea, thought," and if I call heaven and earth? "
And he said "well, it's the first time something like that ... I hope I do well ..."
I third-person narrative because I witnessed ...
Then dela creation, drank palm wine to celebrate ... God abused a little drink, and that is why some children are born without limbs, with two heads, etc..
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by Goshen360(m): 7:01pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

Are you admitting that, like me, you don't know which light genesis 1:3 was refering to?

And who says am as confused as you are? Am saying, after mocking and don't believe our bible, our God and our faith, you are now seeking answers from us......Go find out for yourself yo'. It's there, read, read and read until it the answer hit you,okay.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 7:04pm On May 29, 2012
Goshen360:

And who says am as confused as you are? Am saying, after mocking and don't believe our bible, our God and our faith, you are now seeking answers from us......Go find out for yourself yo'. It's there, read, read and read until it the answer hit you,okay.

But do you know the answer?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by Goshen360(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2012
Yes, I know the answer but I dont "feel" like telling you grin grin grin Maybe another person might tell you but I wont grin grin grin
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 7:53pm On May 29, 2012
Goshen360: Yes, I know the answer but I dont "feel" like telling you grin grin grin Maybe another person might tell you but I wont grin grin grin

you do not have a choice on the matter. god commanded you to preach his word to unbelievers. your hiding the truth from me is direct disobedience against god's command. the consequences for you can be extreme.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2012
Try as we must we can only grasp as far as evidence and and reach as far as speculation but the truth has always been unknown

1 Like

Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by buzugee(m): 11:08pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind: Genesis chapter 1, verse 3-5

the second part ( gen 14-19) will be the moon ( this seperates the day and night in the firmaments of the heaven ), the stars and lightening. hope that meets your satisfaction grin

the first part genesis 3-5 is the SUN
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 11:14pm On May 30, 2012
buzugee: the second part ( gen 14-19) will be the moon ( this seperates the day and night in the firmaments of the heaven ), the stars and lightening. hope that meets your satisfaction grin

the first part genesis 3-5 is the SUN

Did you read the whole passages well? especially verse 16.
If he created the sun on the first day (verse 5), what then is this light he created on the fourth day (verse 16)?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by buzugee(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

Did you read the whole passages well? especially verse 16.
If he created the sun on the first day (verse 5), what then is this light he created on the fourth day (verse 16)?

the first few verses ( gen 3-5 ) are the sun

the last few verses ( gen 14-19 ) are the moon. this is used for seasons like new moon festival and the passover and the feast of unleavened bread

chapter 16 is reiterating that two great lights have been made. one to rule the day ( sun ) ( which is the greater light ) and one to rule the night ( moon ) ( which is the lesser light ). and the stars. simple as that.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 11:32pm On May 30, 2012
buzugee: the first few verses are the sun

the last few verses are the moon. this is used for seasons like new moon festival and the passover and the months etc

chapter 16 is reiterating that two great lights have been made. one to rule the day ( sun ) ( which is the greater light ) and one to rule the night ( moon ) ( which is the lesser light ). and the stars. simple as that.

i'm afraid i have to disagree with you on this. In verse 4 he seperated light from darkness thus day and night after calling the light day. Three days later, he started another separation of day and night. Was he doing the same thing twice? Why separate day and night on day 4 after having sepated them on the first day?

Another bothering thing is that the all knowing god refered to the moon as a light and refered to distant suns as stars but never mentioned the other planets.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by buzugee(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

i'm afraid i have to disagree with you on this. In verse 4 he seperated light from darkness thus day and night after calling the light day. Three days later, he started another separation of day and night. Was he doing the same thing twice? Why separate day and night on day 4 after having sepated them on the first day?

Another bothering thing is that the all knowing god refered to the moon as a light and refered to distant suns as stars but never mentioned the other planets.
whether you choose to hear or forbear, i have provided you with the correct answers. thats all a man can do.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by UyiIredia(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

Thanks for the attempt.
So which light did he create first then? Aurora Borealis, electromagnetic waves induced light? or another one?
I really want to know.

It could be anyone. I personally envision it as a pure white light with a golden-yellow tincture. What's most important though is that I don't bother myself over such. We'll get more than enough answers in heaven.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 10:48am On May 31, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

It could be anyone. I personally envision it as a pure white light with a golden-yellow tincture. What's most important though is that I don't bother myself over such. We'll get more than enough answers in heaven.

Do you actually bother yourself over anything written in your holy book? Do you pick and choose conveniently?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by italo: 11:07am On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:
Do you actually bother yourself over anything written in your holy book? Fo you pick and choose conveniently?

WHY do you actually bother yourself over anything written in OUR holy book? For you pick and choose conveniently?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 11:11am On May 31, 2012
italo:

WHY do you actually bother yourself over anything written in OUR holy book? For you pick and choose conveniently?

Because your people bother me everyday with your holy book. so i decided to read it. now i just need clarification on a few things and they are running away scared.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by ijawkid(m): 11:50am On May 31, 2012
italo:

Don't mind him.......

They love d book but just won't agree
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 12:24pm On May 31, 2012
ijawkid:

Don't mind him.......

They love d book but just won't agree

agree with which part exactly?
the part that told us not to kill or the one that told us to kill adulterers?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by italo: 2:38pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:
Because your people bother me everyday with your holy book. so i decided to read it. now i just need clarification on a few things and they are running away scared.

From all I can see, you're the one "bothering" them. This is the "Religion Section" and you're obsessed with it, even though you claim not to be religious.

They are not running away, this is the 22nd post and you say they are running away. You don't want clarification on anything. You just feel like acting funny by asking irrelevant questions. Questions like:

What was the temperature in your last dream?

Answer!
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 3:29pm On May 31, 2012
italo:

From all I can see, you're the one "bothering" them. This is the "Religion Section" and you're obsessed with it, even though you claim not to be religious.

They are not running away, this is the 22nd post and you say they are running away. You don't want clarification on anything. You just feel like acting funny by asking irrelevant questions. Questions like:

Answer!

This is the epitome of hypocrisy of religious people.
Did you see an atheist section on nl?
You religious people have to come here on nl and create your section and preach your gospel to us. When we respond, you turn around and accuse us of bothering you.
If you don't want to be bothered on nl, take your religion out of nl and leave us alone.
[size=18pt]HYPOCRITES![/size]
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 3:31pm On May 31, 2012
italo:

Answer!

Ask your god. he is all knowing and answers when you call upon him.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by italo: 4:11pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:
This is the epitome of hypocrisy of religious people.
Did you see an atheist section on nl?
You religious people have to come here on nl and create your section and preach your gospel to us. When we respond, you turn around and accuse us of bothering you.
If you don't want to be bothered on nl, take your religion out of nl and leave us alone.
[size=18pt]HYPOCRITES![/size]

To think that I thought you were a reasonable person. The religion section is actually for people to share their belief in God and other higher powers. That's what it says, isn't it. So it is structured in such a way that if you are not interested in discussion about faith, you can easily avoid by NOT clicking in. But no! Everytime you log onto nairaland, you dash straight for the religion section, then you're the first to say Christians are bothering you. I'm not complaining of being bothered, it was you who 1st complained. I only detest the anarchy...though it serves a purpose of exposing the lunacy that comes with Atheism. Imagine visiting the "Romance section" everyday just because I don't believe in love or romance. Why don't I just be civil, respect those who believe it and stay away?

You claim not to believe there's God, yet you spend your whole life talking and thinking about him.

And you open your mouth and utter the word HYPOCRITE!
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by italo: 4:15pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:
Ask your god. he is all knowing and answers when you call upon him.

I thought you said Christians were "running away"...

Look who's running now!
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 4:27pm On May 31, 2012
italo:

To think that I thought you were a reasonable person. The religion section is actually for people to share their belief in God and other higher powers. That's what it says, isn't it. So it is structured in such a way that if you are not interested in discussion about faith, you can easily avoid by NOT clicking in. But no! Everytime you log onto nairaland, you dash straight for the religion section, then you're the first to say Christians are bothering you. I'm not complaining of being bothered, it was you who 1st complained. I only detest the anarchy...though it serves a purpose of exposing the lunacy that comes with Atheism. Imagine visiting the "Romance section" everyday just because I don't believe in love or romance. Why don't I just be civil, respect those who believe it and stay away?

You claim not to believe there's God, yet you spend your whole life talking and thinking about him.

And you open your mouth and utter the word HYPOCRITE!

The truth is coming out gradually. So you don't want unbelievers here? Or just unbelievers who ask difficult questions?
What of the command your lord gave you to go and preach to the gentiles?
Did your lord not tell you that a well person does not need a doctor?
What is the use of religious section if it is not for doing god's work?
You want to turn it exclusive no questions asked like the boko haram islamic section.
That is the true face of the roman catholic church: Hypocrisy, secrecy, hates questions.

If you want me to stop asking questions, stop preaching.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by LogicMind: 4:30pm On May 31, 2012
italo:

I thought you said Christians were "running away"...

Look who's running now!

Did I write a book about dream temperatures?

Did I ever preach about temperatures?

Did I ever prophesy my belief in dreams?

It is like asking you what animal Sango killed yesterday or at what time the shark flew from miami to california.

I know it could be hard for your rewired brain but try being logical sometimes.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by logicboy: 4:31pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind, you too much!!!!!!!!

KAI, Christians, how can one atheist handle all of you?
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by Image123(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
For posterity sake as it were,

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

It should be noted that Genesis 1 talks about the history of the earth, or better still, the universe, not an history of God. God has always existed forever, for all eternity. Angels existed too, and Heaven(i.e God's dwelling place) existed. god is Light, and there was light in Heaven. So Genesis 1 is not the first time God would 'see' light or create light. the creation of light in this passage is with respect to the darkness found in earth/the universe. this light came as a result of the darkness, and was used to demarcate light from darkness.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

these new group of lighting was a process of assigning the sun, the moon and the stars to be in charge of giving light to the earth and heavens/universe. The night here is not complete darkness, as there is a lesser light to rule the night. it's an improvement and delegation on the previous framework and foundation of creation of earth.
Re: Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? by mrmayor(m): 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
@Image123,

Very convenient explanation I must say grin grin grin

By your own reckoning

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Was the Sun created on the First Day or the Fourth Day?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explaining Bible Contradiction. / I Want To Be The Anti-christ / Power Against The Battles Of My Father's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.