Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings (7154 Views)

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Boko Haram Are Approaching Gombi, Adamawa As I Type This / 16 Killed In Adamawa As Boko Haram Strikes Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Torch1(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2012
Yola— Tension is mounting in Adamawa State as Igbo traders, yesterday, shut shops and other businesses to protest the killings of their kit and kins.

The protest over the killing of an unidentified Igbo man almost turned violent as the protesters clashed with security agents. Most of the major streets in Yola, the state capital, were deserted even as economic activities were paralysed.

The traders, in their hundreds, matched through the major streets, chanting solidarity songs to register protest. They appealed to the state government to address the insecurity situation in the state as the ugly situation had made them to live in fear both at home and in the markets.

The situation, however, heightened when three Igbo traders were killed by unknown persons at about 1pm in the commercial area of Muhammed Mustafa way.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Nemuel Yoila, was said to be with the state Police Commissioner for a security meeting when Vanguard contacted his office for his comments on the issue.

Meanwhile, Adamawa State government has banned the use of commercial motorcycles, popularly referred to as Achaba in the Northern part of the country, in Yola.

Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Chief Ari Timnu, in a statement, yesterday, said the government had considered it necessary to ban commercial motorcycles in five major towns in the state because most crimes and security breaches were committed by men of the underworld on motorbikes in those areas.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/tension-in-adamawa-as-igbo-protest-killings/
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by aljharem(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2012
In fact there should be tension all over the country. Why and Why do innocent people get killed in this country and no one investigates or talks about it ?

In deed Nigeria is a sick country

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by ozoebuka1(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2012
am tired of dis country!! why cant these vampires from the north respect themselves? just divide this country so dat this hatred will die with it!!! three men were killed and the government is busy banning motorcyclists when they should be investigating the case!!! damn d northerners. cry

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 29, 2012
wonders they say will neva end! wat have they done to justify their killing? pls my fellow igbo pple come back home if ur security cant be guaranteed! its not by force to live in the north.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by CyberG: 3:04pm On May 29, 2012
Too bad that Nigerians (mostly SE and SS) would rather have thousands of people killed while preserving the only ONE life Jonathan because of tribal reasons only! Is the life of one man greater than all of the people that are dying and yet will do nothing to protect the people!

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by ak47mann(m): 3:25pm On May 29, 2012
yola will lose multi million naira from their internal revenue i think this people are taking us for granted the only way everybody will command respect is if we all go our separate ways cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by ak47mann(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2012
CyberG: Too bad that Nigerians (mostly SE and SS) would rather have thousands of people killed while preserving the only ONE life Jonathan because of tribal reasons only! Is the life of one man greater than all of the people that are dying and yet will do nothing to protect the people!
Mr man you are too stupiiid and wack as a human being,are you telling me that the killing started since GEJ took power? bloody i.d.i.o.t what happen when OBJ was in power miss world beauty context how many people lost their lives.And many more 2000 odi massacre, keep counting........mumu banza so irritating cool

7 Likes

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by jason123: 3:31pm On May 29, 2012
Igbo people are long suffering! I commend them for that. Imagine if this had happened to NDeltans or Yorubas; Warri, PH, Benin, Lagos and Shagamu will be BOILING!!!

On a second thought, why are the so called traders there in the first place? With the bombings, one would have thought that Southerners would have left the North. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by mikron(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2012
The question is are the igbos ready to leave the north? Thats the problem. For as long as they remain where they are in the north they ll continue to be seen as the enemy by the violent north and the killings will continue. I school im zaria so i knw what it is like to live in the north. You live in fear on daily basis. No security of lives and property. God help our dear nation.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Fornorth(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2012
ozoebuka1: am tired of dis country!! why cant these vampires from the north respect themselves? just divide this country so dat this hatred will die with it!!! three men were killed and the government is busy banning motorcyclists when they should be investigating the case!!! damn d northerners. cry
and southerners too

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Fornorth(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2012
ozoebuka1: am tired of dis country!! why cant these vampires from the north respect themselves? just divide this country so dat this hatred will die with it!!! three men were killed and the government is busy banning motorcyclists when they should be investigating the case!!! damn d northerners. cry
and southerners too, you dirty BASTARD!!!
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by BlackPikiN(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2012
CyberG: Too bad that Nigerians (mostly SE and SS) would rather have thousands of people killed while preserving the only ONE life Jonathan because of tribal reasons only! Is the life of one man greater than all of the people that are dying and yet will do nothing to protect the people!

Mahn!!!, It's either you are very daft or plain and heavily stupooiidd!

What kinda animal you come as.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Beaf: 3:45pm On May 29, 2012
All Nigerian adults should be licensed to carry guns. That would put an end to this cowardly killings.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Beaf: 3:46pm On May 29, 2012

Everything this guy says is abysmally stup!d. angry
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by LogicMind: 3:47pm On May 29, 2012

see dem.
so make we put buhari then? even i will turn to terrorist leader the day buhari gets pack to power.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by LogicMind: 3:49pm On May 29, 2012
Fornorth: and southerners too, you dirty BASTARD!!!
ewu
mumu
nama.

no be your papa come fight us make we stay with you?

i laff in biafra.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Beaf: 3:52pm On May 29, 2012
mikron: The question is are the igbos ready to leave the north? Thats the problem. For as long as they remain where they are in the north they ll continue to be seen as the enemy by the violent north and the killings will continue. I school im zaria so i knw what it is like to live in the north. You live in fear on daily basis. No security of lives and property. God help our dear nation.

As long as there is Nigeria, nobody should leave any place. cool
What needs to be done is join the fight to bear arms that CAN has started. Let all the people be armed and then lets see how some fool would ride in on a motorbike, shoot people and expect to escape without being shot.
If possible, the traders should arm themseilve with rocket launchers and let it be man for man. Then we will see who will run.

I'm tired of hearing about the cowardly murders of unarmed people.

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by CyberG: 3:56pm On May 29, 2012
Akmangirl, deadbeafjonadaft, warped mind and co: thunder fire Ina 1000x and una tiny blokos! Truth hurts aaahh?!

One question: which is easier - to demand patriotic leaders with a real record of achievement or to cowardly divide the country trying to run away from your shadow (problem)?? The last time some people tried it, 3+ million people were killed and you are still there, you see the folly of una approach??

And to the slowpoke who did not know that BH became a major force under clueless Jonathan, read more news and get out more to inform yourself.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Beaf: 4:02pm On May 29, 2012
Someone fell in the gutter and got impregnated by goat sp[i]e[/i]rm that had dropped in there, the result of that accident is unfortunate. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 29, 2012

what's ur point?
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf: Someone fell in the gutter and got impregnated by goat sp[i]e[/i]rm that had dropped in there, the result of that accident is unfortunate. embarassed

hmmm...who be dat? Spill d beans beaf!
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by BlackPikiN(m): 4:30pm On May 29, 2012
CyberG: Akmangirl, deadbeafjonadaft, warped mind and co: thunder fire Ina 1000x and una tiny blokos! Truth hurts aaahh?!

One question: which is easier - to demand patriotic leaders with a real record of achievement or to cowardly divide the country trying to run away from your shadow (problem)?? The last time some people tried it, 3+ million people were killed and you are still there, you see the folly of una approach??

And to the slowpoke who did not know that BH became a major force under clueless Jonathan, read more news and get out more to inform yourself.

You sound daft, stupooidd and f00lish all wrapped in one big box.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2012
jason123: Igbo people are long suffering! I commend them for that. Imagine if this had happened to NDeltans or Yorubas; Warri, PH, Benin, Lagos and Shagamu will be BOILING!!!

On a second thought, why are the so called traders there in the first place? With the bombings, one would have thought that Southerners would have left the North. undecided

Whoever this moderator is should go fhuck his\her self! You lets this baastard spew this conflict instigating post but deleted mine Sh..it licking moderator,you can go kiss my dogs a..ss! Fhucking Igbo hating bigot!
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Beaf: 4:39pm On May 29, 2012
fluid26:

hmmm...who be dat? Spill d beans beaf!

CyberG.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by achi4u(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2012
Nobody should leave that north,instead let them arm themselves with any modern wepons and fight hence they refused to let us go.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by fortyfeet(m): 4:52pm On May 29, 2012
don't say tension, say as usual. having said that, any Igboman still in any part of the north is a day light dreamer. let me advice you, breaking up is the next stage in the history of nigeria. hurry home when you can. i just did and no adamawa cow or sokoto muturu/ndama will come here to try any shiit. while in the north, i may have worth about N16000000 and now N9000000 in the east but am sure to make it up alive God's willing. don't say God's willing in the north. its a very bad way to challenge God.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

CyberG.

omg! U mean to say he's a product of artificial insemination...of goat sperm? Omg!
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by T9ksy(m): 5:07pm On May 29, 2012
fortyfeet: any Igboman still in the north is a day light dreamer. let me advice you, breaking up is the next stage in the history of nigeria. hurry home when you can. i just did and no adamawa cow or sokoto muturu/ndama will come here to try any shit. while in the north, i may have worth about N16000000 and now N9000000 in the east but am sure to make it up alive God's willing. don't say God's willing in the north. its a very bad way to challenge God.

@ bolded,

I don't think so rather i believe they are waiting for that familiar message from the ikemba saying "once you cross this line,

you are home and free",
before they make good, their escape. Unfortunately, they are unaware that their ex-warlord has now

morphed into sustenance for earthworms.
Re: Tension In Adamawa As Igbo Traders Protest Killings by ebamma(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2012
why them no come back to their biafran republic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pauline Tallen Hails Abdulrazaq Over Women Commissioner-Nominees / Billions 'buried' By Governor Udom Emmanuel ..photos / Sylva’s Aides Abscond With 200 Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.