Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards (15761 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / Boko Haram To N'Delta Militants: Bastards Let’s Roll Some Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by ortopazz(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2012
u see issues like this make people, undeserving ones to rear their headts, m.k.o.abiola I stil state wasz nt that much of an educationist as clearly stated by osagay, he even commends GEJ performance buh faults the way it was done, I mean 4crying out loud uniLaG was brand name, its roots alone was enough to make u want there, buh wiv this it trims their swag and al that, 2 me, am really really iNDEffERenT about thy whole naming thing.

As 4 abiola miss calling people bastardz doesnt change the fact that she's shown her self to be undiscipline. Atleast thatz to me o!
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2012
MKO was what Dangote is now..super corrupt...he monopolised d whole economy..he collaborated with d pple in govt and looted the whole treasury of the country...although, am not denying d fact dat his mandate was stolen but a lot of things av been named after him to duly honour him......Mko abiola garden, Moshood abiola polytechnic, Mko abiola stadium, Moshood abiola way, Moshood abiola freedom park. Are all these not enough? Haba!!!!
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Sweetdbest: 6:21pm On May 29, 2012
@BlackPikiN

You are right. Abiola was one of the worst business partner of IBB in which he participated in most of the coups in Nigeria,
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by nijanigga: 6:22pm On May 29, 2012
All the hungry Nigerians, who are saying evil about MKO.I ask,why did Nigerians voted overwhemingly on June 12,1993? Many of you were toddlers or babies then.The question is,assuming the accusations you made about MKO were true.Which is one is of lesser evil? The military who brought us to where we are today or MKO,who used his wealth to create tens of thousands of jobs,he was the pilar of African sports,many universities gots funds from him,when naira has some diginity.
He could have quit politics and do "sit down look"-Bola Ige. But for MKO,OBJ became president,and now cluelss GEJ, who could have been sleeping in zoo,cos military would coined a different game and a different political terrain,with different players. Anyday,anytime,anywhere,anyhow, MKO is the best choice.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On May 29, 2012
festuskol: Common guys, let's show some respect 4d dead.

Truth be told Abiola suffered 4democracy, d revolution started cos he was denied d power by IBB, Abacha punished him, n d militarx poisoned his drink, so u don't know d pain dt his family(wives n children,even friends) went thru during d military era, n am sure dt if it were ur dad as well(God forbid) u may even do worse. But d guy was courageous n neva agreed or subdue 2d threats of d military while in prison.

Plr do not insult or curse d young lady,her family n of course dont curre,insult or demean d name oe M.K.O. She is only feelin very emotional.

Abeg, allow d guy 2 'REST IN PEACE'. Abeg.

Thief be thief . . . whether im die with tire around him neck or im enjoy the money im steal until papa God take am home. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 29, 2012
The guy was a rogue, end of story...

MKO doesn't even deserve a toilet being named after him..
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by buchai: 6:55pm On May 29, 2012
So "dey"(yorubas) knw n hates Abiola as mch and evry June 12 dey wl dance on radio n television on hw dey luvd ds man n hw his mandate was stolen. So all along dey were decievg us. Wonders shal neva end. Wt has d name got 2 do wit d standard, does d name has 2 lippd off der iQ?.

1 Like

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by kaeto(m): 6:57pm On May 29, 2012
unclenna: I heard Abiola was an anti-christ that planed to Islamise Nigeria when he takes over power. Is that true.
he paid and sank 2 40 feeth containers of imported BIBLE to please muslims. How far?
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 29, 2012
Honestly speaking,I thought yorubas loved abiola.maybe I was wrong?
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by captaindaylay(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2012
She may have said that out of anger,she's still on point! It would only follow,however,logically that since her father was a poliitician,he was also a B.....ard before his death.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Tos87(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2012
valencia25: Did anyone think she's a daughter to Late Moshood Abiola?

https://twitter.com/MissAbiola34/status/207427176675549184
BAD BLOOD!!!:.....your Dad that Looted and syphoned our supposed Eletricity Funds back in the days..Mtchwwe!!
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by bodejohn(m): 7:38pm On May 29, 2012
Why did the Yorubas vote for MKO in 1993 even though they didn't like him...the answer is simple, the same reason Nigerians voted for GEJ and the next generation will point to us straight in the face our foolishness. I am indifferent about the name change, only that the school's senate and other leadership organs were not informed bearing in mind also that that school's VC passed on about a month or so ago.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Paulego(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2012
unclenna: I heard Abiola was an anti-christ that planed to Islamise Nigeria when he takes over power. Is that true.
yes. my dad once told me that before the election in 1993, God told him that abiola will win the election but will NEVER become the president of Nigeria. He was an evil man, he was against the propagation of th GOSPEL. He sank a ship loaded with BIBLES.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by shuddyy: 8:38pm On May 29, 2012
Those students and haters should just go and sit their stupid arss down. MKO is worthy of the honour!
Why are they acting like the school is all about the name Unilag? There are a good number of universities
Named after great men so what is their problem. Change is a difficult thing to swallow but this is no bad change
So why are they acting like they are bereaved. They should just get used to the acronym MAU.
They will remain Akokites afterall nobody was calling them Unilagite before.
Am sure most of them were toddlers then so could not imagine the impact of MKO and june 12 in nig history.
They are acting like it was their surname that fg changed.
Rest in peace MKO

2 Likes

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by nijanigga: 8:41pm On May 29, 2012
Paulego:
yes. my dad once told me that before the election in 1993, God told him that abiola will win the election but will NEVER become the president of Nigeria. He was an evil man, he was against the propagation of th GOSPEL. He sank a ship loaded with BIBLES.
Stack illiteracy, Abiola, will have no job than sinking the bible.Why didn't he broadcast the event to please the mallams. You've all forgotten how Arthur Nzeribe, was to appear in Ado Bayero's palace to be converted to Islam.It was a national publicity.Nigerians,like to say " I hear say" Despite all our religions,we are still a wicked and nation of cowards.
If you have the publication,where MKO sank bibles bring it out.

1 Like

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Sike(m): 9:01pm On May 29, 2012
valencia25: Did anyone think she's a daughter to Late Moshood Abiola?

https://twitter.com/MissAbiola34/status/207427176675549184
See Vex!
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by shuddyy: 9:04pm On May 29, 2012
@Paulego Your dad was a lieing uninformed nigga
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Azcreativ(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2012
BlackPikiN: ^^^^ She should shut the f0rk up abeg.

Her Dad(MKO) was one of the unforeseen evil forces robbing Nigerians huge sums in the 70s and 80s.
Shay she rmbr say her dad dey sponsor coup people.
I wish I had a twitter account I for lambast the shiit outta of her.

Make she go meet IBB make she go hear the evil stuff her dad did b4 He wan come change as better person.
Nonsense!
At least we know her father what of your father who know am. Even for in small community no one remembered him so shut it.

1 Like

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Azcreativ(m): 9:10pm On May 29, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Abiola was a thief.. Who fathered alot of bastards... She should be grateful Jonathan even did this..

Useless daughter of a person

Bastards are known by their attitudes n this reflects in their utterance. I'm sure u are not just a BASTARD but also a FOOL

1 Like

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by BlackPikiN(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2012
Az-creativ:

At least we know her father what of your father who know am. Even for in small community no one remembered him so shut it.

Mehn Shut the f0rk up you dunce.
My dad was honest and leader in his own right.
He never stole from the govt. He fought for his people and their right and He will forever be remembered in his community till eternity.

MKO was corrupt, embezzler and evil!
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Adagba1: 10:04pm On May 29, 2012
It is true I learnt reliably that he paid for a ship load of Bibles and off loaded it into the sea.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by franktolk(m): 10:08pm On May 29, 2012
In 1956 Moshood Abiola started his professional life as bank clerk with Barclays Bank plc in Ibadan, South-West Nigeria. After two years he joined the Western Region Finance Corporation as an executive accounts officer before leaving for Glasgow, Scotland to pursue his higher education. From Glasgow University he received a first class degree in accountancy. He also received a distinction from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. On his return to Nigeria, he worked as a senior accountant at the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital (LUTH).

1 Like

Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by nijanigga: 10:31pm On May 29, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Mehn Shut the f0rk up you dunce.
My dad was honest and leader in his own right.
He never stole from the govt. He fought for his people and their right and He will forever be remembered in his community till eternity.

MKO was corrupt, embezzler and evil!

BlackpikiN, you're the one to shut your ugly,stinking mouth.Who is your father? "Otu nnegi", a 419er like you,hiding your face here to dupe innocent people. ALL YOUR GENERATION's achievements cannot match 1% of MKO's achievements.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by sweetgala(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2012
franktolk: In 1956 Moshood Abiola started his professional life as bank clerk with Barclays Bank plc in Ibadan, South-West Nigeria. After two years he joined the Western Region Finance Corporation as an executive accounts officer before leaving for Glasgow, Scotland to pursue his higher education. From Glasgow University he received a first class degree in accountancy. He also received a distinction from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. On his return to Nigeria, he worked as a senior accountant at the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital (LUTH).

^^^ Ore finish am, we dey hear ya..
We all have heard that Abiola was a smart chap that scammed the poor people of nigeria, many did not have the information then but now we know better. No denying he was robbed of his mandate, but he was a rouge that was outsmarted rather than a gentle innocent soul. He was very good in the area of philanthropy but then he did to boost his own image.

nijanigga:
He could have quit politics and do "sit down look"-Bola Ige.

How dare you say such of a great man who never sold out or violated his integrity. He died a much more gruesome death, suffered in prison just like Abiola but was not a selfish man trying to be elected automatically several years after an election. Bola Ige was in politics before Abiola and his wisdom allowed him to stay for but a short while after.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by nipalm(m): 10:45pm On May 29, 2012
Some of MKO kids are happy about this change oh Olawunmi.

The late MKO Abiola’s family, including his son and daughter have expressed joy over Jonathan’s decision to rename University of Lagos (UNILAG) as Moshood Abiola University.
Mr. Abdul Abiola, MKO Abiola’s son, said there was nothing wrong with the naming of the university after his father, saying that the family is shocked by the outrage trailing the presidents decision.
Abdul Abiola says the renaming is just one way of honouring and immortalising the late business mogul.
“We are shocked by the reactions trailing this development. My late father believed so much in education.
“He donated money to universities across the nation. Naming a university after him was a well-deserved honour,” he said.
“He should still be given more honours. We see nothing political in this.
“We are happy about it and we are yet to understand the rationale behind people going up in arms over this decision,” he added.
Daughter of the late MKO abiola, Hafsat Abiola-Costello, described the presidents gesture as well deserved.
“It is honour well deserved. We should just remember that his commitment was to end poverty. That was what he was fighting for. It’s honour for him and those who fought with him.” she said

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/05/abiolas-son-daughter-hail-renaming-of-unilag-son-faults-protests.html
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by Feraz(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2012
nipalm: Some of MKO kids are happy about this change oh Olawunmi.

The late MKO Abiola’s family, including his son and daughter have expressed joy over Jonathan’s decision to rename University of Lagos (UNILAG) as Moshood Abiola University.
Mr. Abdul Abiola, MKO Abiola’s son, said there was nothing wrong with the naming of the university after his father, saying that the family is shocked by the outrage trailing the presidents decision.
Abdul Abiola says the renaming is just one way of honouring and immortalising the late business mogul.
“We are shocked by the reactions trailing this development. My late father believed so much in education.
“He donated money to universities across the nation. Naming a university after him was a well-deserved honour,” he said.
“He should still be given more honours. We see nothing political in this.
“We are happy about it and we are yet to understand the rationale behind people going up in arms over this decision,” he added.
Daughter of the late MKO abiola, Hafsat Abiola-Costello, described the presidents gesture as well deserved.
“It is honour well deserved. We should just remember that his commitment was to end poverty. That was what he was fighting for. It’s honour for him and those who fought with him.” she said

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/05/abiolas-son-daughter-hail-renaming-of-unilag-son-faults-protests.html

The things named after him, are they not enough
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by prinxard(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Abiola was a thief.. Who fathered alot of bastards... She should be grateful Jonathan even did this..

Useless daughter of a person
habba malam! Wereya wayo ohh!
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by KingsleyCEO: 11:11pm On May 29, 2012
Lets watch the way and manner we address issues. If the little girl have decided to react like this, she is justified for its a democratic setting where every individual is entitled to their opinion. But lets be human, her father was murdered, come on it painful.
Young girl please accept my sympathy.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by loco4love: 12:38am On May 30, 2012
Moshood Abiola was an elitist thief who robbed Nigerian people through inflated and corrupt contracts. Why rename a University after him. University of Lagos needs a lot of money to improve its infracstructure and technological facilities. This is what the students need: financial aid, facility upgrades, etc.
Go to Jaja and Moremi halls and see how the students are living. The facilities there are dismal. Students are paying thousands every year in tuition and they are being short changed every year.
Student population is growing and the university leadership know this but not much is being done to deal with the need to provide more lecture halls, better student housing on and off campus, technological and computer equipment. GEJ is inept and every young student in UNILAG knows this.
Changing the name of the university is not going to bring positive and progressive development to UNILAG. The money they are going to waste to change the name of the school can be spent on pressing needs.
Nigeria, land of stupid and greedy leaders.
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by ifihearam: 12:45am On May 30, 2012
So hw does dis comcern the president
Must some of you bring the president into every discussion??
Wetin sef
Re: Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards by nijanigga: 1:28am On May 30, 2012
loco4love: Moshood Abiola was an elitist thief who robbed Nigerian people through inflated and corrupt contracts. Why rename a University after him. University of Lagos needs a lot of money to improve its infracstructure and technological facilities. This is what the students need: financial aid, facility upgrades, etc.
Go to Jaja and Moremi halls and see how the students are living. The facilities there are dismal. Students are paying thousands every year in tuition and they are being short changed every year.
Student population is growing and the university leadership know this but not much is being done to deal with the need to provide more lecture halls, better student housing on and off campus, technological and computer equipment. GEJ is inept and every young student in UNILAG knows this.
Changing the name of the university is not going to bring positive and progressive development to UNILAG. The money they are going to waste to change the name of the school can be spent on pressing needs.
Nigeria, land of stupid and greedy leaders.
You are very hungry,go find something to eat,maybe your sense can be straight.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Renaming Benue Seized IDPs’ Communities - US-Based Nigerians / Borno APC Member Resigns From Presidential Campaign Council / Breaking: Ashaka Town: Army Repel Strong Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.