Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Need Help With Server-side Script - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help With Server-side Script (1502 Views)

Best Server Side Language Your Opinion / Language Wars(server Side Tech): Asp.net Vs Php / Using AJAX For Server Side Compiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Server-side Script by jt2010: 2:28pm On May 29, 2012
Guys,

Please i have come again with my problem. I need help or direction on what to do concerning this answer.

You have a server-side script that cannot handle any ampersands (&wink in the form data. Write a function that converts all ampersands in a form field to “ and “ when the field loses focus (onblur).

This is what i have done so far.

<html>
<head>
script type="text/javascript">
Function TextBox1_OnBlur()
document.all("TextBox1"wink.value = Replace(document.all("TextBox1"wink.value,"&","and"wink
End Function
</script>
</head>
<body>
<input type="Text" name="TextBox1">
</body>
</html>

link to test. http://jsfiddle.net/9KJC5/
Re: Need Help With Server-side Script by delomos(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2012
So this is it, firstly, Javascript it not a server-side language:

2. I'd advice on how to use jsFiddle - there is box that says "HTML", another says "CSS" and another "Javascript. Paste the proper code in the right places.

3. It doesn't seem you have any rudimentary understanding of JavaScript, read through this tutorial: http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_intro.asp. You can't be talking of writing a function if you don't even know what a function is.

Generally, I will be willing to help if you've invested some time in truly learning on your own.

Those said: the syntax for writing a JavaScript function is:

function functionName() {
//do stuff here
}

In your case, it'll be:
function textBox1_onBlur(){
//do stuff here
}

That syntax you have is for VBScript, they are two completely different language. So again, learn JavaScript fundamentals, then I can help from there.
Re: Need Help With Server-side Script by pmatrixr2: 1:33am On Jun 06, 2012
You have to do that with Jquery
Re: Need Help With Server-side Script by trentmoller: 7:52am On Jun 09, 2012
you need to use either AJax, jquery or javascript...and each of the above are all client-side scripts... if you wanna play with server-side scripting, ASP.net or php will do....

(1) (Reply)

Android Learning Community (ALC) By Andela / I’m 27 Year Old. I’m I Too Old To Learn Programming? / Hello Programmers In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.