Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! (7461 Views)

My Rx 300 Develop A Problem. Pls Help / URGENT! My 2003 Accord Transmission Just Stalled. / P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hello people!

My engine check came up recently. The engine is bringing out black smoke and not entering o/d. I had it scanned and got these codes p1133, p1153 and p1346....

My mechanic want me to change the vvt sensor on bank 1 and 2.

please I need some help before doing that although I do not agree that the vvt sensor is the cause of the black smoke and excess fuel.

please help
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by yungboss(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2013
Oxygen sensors, VVT Sensor? likely...do not throw his advice to the wind. Not really familiar with the Lexus brand, i'm getting an oxygen Sensor for my BMW puffing little amount of dark fumes,the sensor was removed without my knowledge when i worked on the exhaust...so check your oxygen sensors, and possibly your VVT...
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hello yung,

After changing the air/fuel sensors, drove it for awhile and the check light came back on. scanned it again and got the following codes
p1133, p0171 and p1346... the p1153 no longer appears

what do you think

thanks bro
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by yungboss(m): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2013
before you replace your MAF, test it with another MAF (Mass Air Flow Meter) to see if the code P0171 goes...the car is suspiciously running lean, insufficiently supplying fuel/air. It may also be as a result of dirty air filter. A female colleague of mine has that car, she told me a few stuffs about those codes. What year is your RX?
I think it is still kicking up codes for Oxygen sensor...P1133
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 12:59am On Jan 10, 2013
thanks young,

I will do so and get back to you asap... thanks again
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by OJtech2(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
can you give me the year of manufacture of the vehicle and let me give you my take to it.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 9:48am On Jan 11, 2013
The year of manufacture is 1999..
thanks and good morning!
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by OJtech2(m): 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
let me start by letting you know that all the codes you have here will make your car consume so much as you have said. p1133 and p1153 has to do with your a/f sensor which you said have changed, and i believe that is why the p1153 is not coming up again. however when p0171 is recorded, the actual air-fuel ratio of the car is on the lean side. let your mechanic work around the followings. air intake(hose loose), fuel line pressure, injector blockage, heated oxygen sensor(bank 1,2 sensor 1)malfunction, mass air flow sensor, coolant temperature sensor. hoping that your thermostart is still intact. p1346 i will strongly sugest that you change your vvt sensor. gud luck
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
Thanks Oj for your advice

However, after clearing the codes, the p 0171 keeps coming up. My mechanic has checked for leakage, but none seen so far. He's quite not sure what else to do but advice that I changed the MAF sensor..

After a little prolonged driving, the p1346 comes as well
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by OJtech2(m): 7:39am On Jan 17, 2013
in that case if the p0171 persist, change the MAF sensor and vvt sensor, if no solution still, you can call 07081583525. gud luck
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 8:31am On Jan 17, 2013
Okay. I will have these changes done and get back to you.

Thanks
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2013
Your mechanic is absolutely right. After maintenance, you'll need to run it for 2 to 4 days to have the smoke cleared. If it persists, replace the MAF
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by sultaan(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Unfortunately I have posted links with pictures that might help but they have been hidden(you may have to check with the Mod.

Basically those Lexus are know to have cracks on the exhaust at manifold or near the O2 sensor, you need to rule that out first because is common.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pmkarlmrine: 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hello Sultaan,

thanks for your comment. However, can you please repost the pictures for my viewing? I will check for exhaust leakage around the bank 1

thanks again
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by sultaan(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pascalineluv(f): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
Am an automobile Technician, am having this black smoke issue with many of my costumer's Lexus rx300. I have change the A/F sensor, O2 sensor, and even the MAF sensor, yet the smoke is still coming out but lesser than it was. please does anyone in the house has knowledge of it? please I need to solve the problem. I noticed something this afternoon, the exhaust has leakage close to the A/F sensor bank2 & bank1, thou am yet to get a panel beater who will wed it.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pascalineluv(f): 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
please forum what will be the final solution to black smoke and fuel consumption in lexus. I need a final solution to it.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by mayor2013: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2015
pascalineluv:
please forum what will be the final solution to black smoke and fuel consumption in lexus. I need a final solution to it.

Did you bother running a scan on your powertrain and properly trouble shoot. If you need to get a solution to the problem and run a comprehensive diagnosis. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Multiautolab
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by cardoctor(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2015
pmkarlmrine:
Hello people!

My engine check came up recently. The engine is bringing out black smoke and not entering o/d. I had it scanned and got these codes p1133, p1153 and p1346....

My mechanic want me to change the vvt sensor on bank 1 and 2.

please I need some help before doing that although I do not agree that the vvt sensor is the cause of the black smoke and excess fuel.

please help

The VVT sensor may as well be the problem if its already showing on the scan. The rule of thumb is to first clear the codes and then put the vehicle through a long drive cycle to see if the check light comes up and via a scan, indicating the same codes.

The VVT sensors can actually cause misfiring, poor ignition timing and black smoke followed by higher than normal fuel consumption.

All the best.

Car-doctor
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pascalineluv(f): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thank God I was able to get d solution of the black smoke in Lexus. I did the work yesterday & my customer was very happy.

1 Like

Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by gallery0519(f): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
pascalineluv:
Thank God I was able to get d solution of the black smoke in Lexus. I did the work yesterday & my customer was very happy.
pls can u tell me the solution.....pascalineluv
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by iyimide(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
service you nuzzles...
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by fanex: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2015
Reset all electronics

NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF.

N5000 ONLY

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Share

Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by OROZ(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2015
I've solved a couple of this black smoke issue before, an rx300 n 2003/4 highlander both had the same issue, symptoms to nothing, engine oil turns completely black fast, discharge of complete black smoke from exhaust, the exhaust smoke has a little smell of fuel, then ur check light comes on, when u scan it shows some codes indicating catalyst.
Solution. I dropped the complete exhaust system of the car changed the two catalyst pots n sensors on them, that was all n reinstalled the exhaust, that's what stopped the black smoking n fuel consumption problem, for the Lexus rx300, it cost me 110k while the highlander cost me 150k, hope this helps you. Thanks engr Bob 08034094226, relocating to abj soon
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pascalineluv(f): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
can you do it waybill? pay on delivery.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by lobito007(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
pascalineluv:
can you do it waybill? pay on delivery.
Pascaline, please share with us how you solved the problem.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by lobito007(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2015
My lexus rx 300, '99 model is experiencing this same prob. I did scanning and I got the following report:
P0171- System too lean Bank 1
P0100- Mass or volume air flow A circuit
C0301- Please refer to vehicle service maual
P0141- O2 sensor heater cirucit Bank 1 sensor 2
P0441- Evaporative emission system incorrect purge flow
P0446- Evaporative emission system vent control circuit.

After clearing, only P0171 was still showing.
Please I need your suggestions and ideas on fixing the problem.

PS: I just replaced my exhaust net (or what's the technical name for it now) but just discovered yesterday that it is still leaking somewhere. Not welded it yet.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by lobito007(m): 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
lobito007:
My lexus rx 300, '99 model is experiencing this same prob. I did scanning and I got the following report:
P0171- System too lean Bank 1
P0100- Mass or volume air flow A circuit
C0301- Please refer to vehicle service maual
P0141- O2 sensor heater cirucit Bank 1 sensor 2
P0441- Evaporative emission system incorrect purge flow
P0446- Evaporative emission system vent control circuit.

After clearing, only P0171 was still showing.
Please I need your suggestions and ideas on fixing the problem.

PS: I just replaced my exhaust net (or what's the technical name for it now) but just discovered yesterday that it is still leaking somewhere. Not welded it yet.
Someone, please respond.
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by kingreign(m): 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
lobito007:

Someone, please respond.

Very simple fix. What's your Location?

Call Gazzuzz if you're in Lagos and environs 08023251039
Call Mike if you're in Abuja and environs 07034581213
Re: Urgent!! My Rx 300 Smoking Black Andconsuming Fuel Seriuosly. Help!! by pascalineluv(f): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
Sorry dear, I traveled out & I av bn busy eva since.

(1) (Reply)

Permanent/Temporary Solution To My ABS Problem / How To Make Your Car Age Quickly / Between C300 And C350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.