Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,905 members, 7,952,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa (10080 Views)

Busta Rhymes Signs With Ymcmb, Releases New Single Featuring Chris Brown "why St / Don Jazzy's Mohits Records Signs With Kanye West's Good Music / Nas Signs With Jay-z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by eghost247(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2012
nice move
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by nolongtin(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2012
nice 1 peter and paul...keep d industry moving.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by chuglothen(f): 9:38pm On May 31, 2012
U guys should really learn how to read before making some comments. Psquare signed a DISTRIBUTION DEAL ONLY. In other words, universal music is now incharge of distributing their cds worldwide

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by HighChief4(m): 10:32pm On May 31, 2012
I have always known these guys would never disappoint. Congrats Psquare
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by babyboy3(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2012
chuglothen: U guys should really learn how to read before making some comments. Psquare signed a DISTRIBUTION DEAL ONLY. In other words, universal music is now incharge of distributing their cds worldwide

No people thought they signed a multi million record deal
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Abagworo(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2012
That their "E No Easy" song is an underground worldwide hit. J Martins did a good job on the beats. I won't be surprised if they officially release it in Europe and America.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by chronique(m): 12:31am On Jun 01, 2012
Too many ignorant folks on this thread. Some of you guys need to get ur facts right before coming here to type...
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by David28: 2:38am On Jun 01, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Sisi_Kill: Thought they said they didn't need/want any international whachumacallit because they wanna promote Naija music industry.

I guess it is easy to refuse something when it is not being offered.

Lmao!! cheesy cheesy
You got it
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by gudnex22(m): 6:07am On Jun 01, 2012
bittyend: Details of the deal.. Is it a 360deal, or just a distribution deal?

Many people are signed, but how does that translate to success?

Will universal push them, and how will they sell the type of music they make to a universal audience?

Will they compromise, and change the content??

Those are the questions people need to ask..

But it's a good look, I wish them the best..

Mister MAY'D is a genius!!

Bad belle. Because they are not dbanj u are criticizing them. If e pain u go hug transformer.....................

1 Like

Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by gudnex22(m): 6:10am On Jun 01, 2012
Abagworo: That their "E No Easy" song is an underground worldwide hit. J Martins did a good job on the beats. I won't be surprised if they officially release it in Europe and America.

Matt Houston has already remix the song in France.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Lisa1: 7:48am On Jun 01, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
John311: @9jadelta Dbanj himself as not announce or publicize is the presido of def jam africa
thanks a lot
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by amosy007: 9:05am On Jun 01, 2012
chuglothen: U guys should really learn how to read before making some comments. Psquare signed a DISTRIBUTION DEAL ONLY. In other words, universal music is now incharge of distributing their cds worldwide

people ate only discussing the post ...after all the poster didn't clarify whether its record deal nor distribution deal...u get that?
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by azimibraun: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2012
Alicia keys feat oumou sangare.. See hw malian woman teach legendary alicia swizz beatz kokoro hw to sing.. Chai! am frm nigeria bt in music i hv dual citizenship .. Malian and senegalese. Gbam! Guys check d video out.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Emmy0203: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2012
Dat was a 9ice deal u kw
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by bernieamce: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
destinysgu:

Pls dis is Psquare thread, b4 u guyz pollute the thread wit D'banj Vs Don jazzy again !!!
We need fresh air here plssssssss
immediately saw your post the 1st thing that came to my mind was "this must be a lady" i guest i was right.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by bernieamce: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
love4ual: i knew that this would happen,....when d'banj featured snoop dog and signed with kanye west.......on this same blog and nigeriafimls.com i predicted that p-square would respond to this.........

p-square are more positioned than any other artist africa has ever know,....they are the biggest and most sophisticated artist in africa......

they may never win the grammy because of their genre of music.....but for the fact that they have twice the fans of any other artist in africa...they will always sell more.......

i have a lot of respect for d'banj but i believe that p-square are more strategic and stronger...

believe me p-square would not sign any deal where it would not benefit them.......

THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES P-SQUARE'S MUSIC AFRICAN IS THAT THE ADD YORUBA,....IGBO,......BROKEN LANGUAGE TO THEIR MUSIC...........OTHER THAN THAT,...THERE IS NO MUCH DIFFERENT BETWEEN P-SQUARE AND OTHER R/B OR HIP HOP STARS IN AMERICA......
you tried anyway, but you lied @ the same time!
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by albacete(m): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
SMH vigorously @ all these arguments. Weda na distribution deal or TRIBUSDITION, all na sign.

Dose boys are making their bars, una dey here dey drag una selfs for bosoms.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by shizzle11(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
[quote author=bittyend]Details of the deal.. Is it a 360deal, or just a distribution deal?
Will universal push them, and how will they sell the type of music they make to a universal audience?
Will they compromise, and change the content??[/b]
And you feel these jealosy-ridden questions are necessarySMH

Those are the questions people need to ask..[/b]
Are these the only questions your useless brain can produce

But it's a good look, I wish them the best..[/b]
They don't need your idiotick wish. Go and die with your bad belle!

And i guess in your retarded opinion, mister may D is more genius than the twins or better still, they didn't make him, he made them. Anu ofia!
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Abagworo(m): 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
gudnex22:

Matt Houston has already remix the song in France.

I searched that yesterday only to discover that it is the No 4 track in the official French music charts published by billboard.
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Emmy0203: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2012
Keep movin guyz
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by Ocharlse(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
sad is dat al dey can do?
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by flexxito(m): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2012
I think its just a deal to distribute their albums internationally and not a record deal. Or I am I wrong?
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by destinysgu(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
bernie amce: immediately saw your post the 1st thing that came to my mind was "this must be a lady" i guest i was right.
Senseless, so im ignoring it !
Re: Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa by fastmoney(m): 4:21am On Jun 06, 2012
bittyend: Details of the deal.. Is it a 360deal, or just a distribution deal?

Will they compromise, and change the content??

Those are the questions people need to ask..

But it's a good look, I wish them the best..

Here's someone that actually knows how the recording industry works, i've always supported p square since they won the benson and hedges and signed to timbuctu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10years After Baba Ara / VIDEO: Timaya – Balance / [music] Korede Bello Ft. 2face, Olamide, Davido, Lil Kesh & Phyno-godwin (remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.