Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? (31889 Views)

Poll: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2Face or PSquare?

D'Banj: 38% (7 votes)
PSquare: 44% (8 votes)
2Face: 16% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Richest Woman Folorunsho; Husband Modupe & 4 Sons / D'banj, 2face, Tiwa Savage, Others Hold 'legacy Concert' For Mandela / Nigeria’s Richest Entertainers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by naijaparrots(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
Since the duo of PSquare acquired a private jet I have been thinking who could be said to be Nigeria's richest artiste(s)
You will agree with me that the contest is strictly between D'Banj, 2Face and the duo of PSquare.

I discussed this with a friend, and he said he would want me to add Femi Kuti to the list. The only issue with Femi Kuti is that his wealth is shrouded in secrecy. The guy does not make noise about his wealth and as such might not be easily estimated. Hence, I have not included his name here.

PSquare
Just last week, the duo of PSquare acquired a private jet. Before then, I did not know that the guys could afford such a luxury. Infact, not long ago the guys were said to be having problems with their landlord who was said to have given them a quit notice. Of course, they have since built a mansion they call "Square Ville". They have now entered into a distribution deal with Universal Music Group for the distribution of the CD's, DVD's globally. No doubt, they are set to CHOP more money.

2Face
2Face or 2Baba has been the most consistent Nigerian artiste. Indeed, he is the last man standing among his peers. A few months back, the rumour mills had it that he paid the sum of N10m each to Pero and Sunbo - his other baby mamas - as settlement before going ahead to marry Annie Macaulay. He has since opened a multi-million naira supermarket for Annie.

D'Banj
The co-founder and 'bread winner' of the defunct Mo'Hits Records is no doubt wealthy. In one of the leaked mails during the feud between him and Don Jazzy, he described how he was virtually the one responsible for buying expensive vehicles for all the Mo'Hits' crew, including Don Jazzy who he said he bought a bentley for. Also in a particular track - "Mogbono felifeli" - he made mention of being paid N10m a week. He was probably referring to a deal with the mobile phone company - globacom. He has since moved on in the international scene with his Oliver Twist's video occupying, at the last time I checked, the #9 position in the UK national chart.

Now, the question - who is the richest among these three?

The poll has already started, and D'banj is occupying the top position, closely followed by 2Face with PSquare coming a distant last position.

Source:

http://www.247naijaparrots.com/2012/06/who-is-nigerias-richest-artistes-dbanj.html

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
naijaparrots: Since the duo of PSquare acquired a private jet I have been thinking who could be said to be Nigeria's richest artiste(s). . . .

I couldn't read past that wrong premise. Since the first sentence is a factual inaccuracy, the rest of the article is doomed to be heap of inanity. In any case, spewing inanities is what parrots do best.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by ericgabriel67: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
i go for 2 face his the richest in Nigeria musician

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by Ak4all(m): 5:55am On Jun 12, 2012
It's 2face,y'all just don't know,he is richer than P-Square and they are two!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by kingingkinging: 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
Private jet? for where? You think private jet is N200,000,000? Nooo. The cheapest is around N4b and P Square doesnt even have N1b, so how did they acquire one? That is just publicity stunt. They hired a private jet as usually hire a cab, QED.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by switdick(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
pro01:

I couldn't read past that wrong premise. Since the first sentence is a factual inaccuracy, the rest of the article is doomed to be heap of inanity. In any case, spewing inanities is what parrots do best.
LoL grin was wondering the same too bro" @Acquired".........

Couldn't read any further as I saw that line ""had instant headache" LoL
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by Catchfire1: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
Sina Rambo grin
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by Koolyarns: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
i think it's d'banj, because he recorded a very high success rate this year.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by franel79(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
It's 2Baba and the others are following behind. 2face is a unique superstar with heavy rhymes.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by djmannie: 1:04am On Nov 17, 2012
Its 2face... grin
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Richest Artiste(s)? D'banj, 2face Or Psquare? by RickyRoss1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
1. P Square does not own ANY PRIVATE JET. They have an arrangement with a private jet leasing company.

2. Its not easy to know which 9ja musician is richer because this is not America where we get to know the income of most American rappers annually. Unless you have access to the Nigerian Tax office.

3. 3 of them are talented, rich and successful, to me it doesn't matter who is richer. Afteral, they are all Nigerians.

4. I would like to be alive when Nigerian musicians will be competing with American musicians on gross annual income. For example, Lil Wayne makes 50 million US Dollars yearly and I would like to be alive when D Banj, Psquare, 2face, Whiz Kid etal will be making such amount of money yearly. I know most guys will think am crazy but who in his wildest dreams will believe our musicians will be making the kind of money they are making now? WE ARE THE NEXT BIG THING.

(1) (Reply)

Dammy Krane Hits The Studio, Hours After His Release (video) / Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me / Williams Uchemba And His Wife Brunelle Compete In Italian Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.