Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? (1563 Views)

MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams / Language Barriers In Mosques / Alevi Muslims Refuse To Worship In Mosques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by logicboy: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
I have researched a lot about Islam but never entered a mosque. I am not going there to argue or anything. I just want to see the rites and rituals. I already know
a little bit about the prayers and Muezzin.
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
Logicboy, how u dey?
Yes atheists can enter a mosque. Non-muslims can go into a mosque if doing that would considered to be beneficial to them and if they are decently dressed, and are not with anything that would make the mosque untidy. Since your intention is to learn about Islam, then you should mention this to the people or the Imam in the mosque when you want to go in.
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by logicboy: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
fellis: Logicboy, how u dey?
Yes atheists can enter a mosque. Non-muslims can go into a mosque if doing that would considered to be beneficial to them and if they are decently dressed, and are not with anything that would make the mosque untidy. Since your intention is to learn about Islam, then you should mention this to the people or the Imam in the mosque when you want to go in.

Cool. cool cool cool
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by deols(f): 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
yes! U'r allowed. The prophet allowed non Muslims in the mosque. These are one of the issues that point to d tolerant nature of Islam and of his prophet(S.A.W)
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by logicboy: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
deols: yes! U'r allowed. The prophet allowed non Muslims in the mosque. These are one of the issues that point to d tolerant nature of Islam and of his prophet(S.A.W)

Thank you for your answer. However, the bold part is unnecessary and debatable.

How tolerant islam to me getting married to my muslim girlfriend?
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by LagosShia: 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2012
let me know in which city you are.i would post addresses of Islamic centers i recommend you attend.
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by logicboy: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
LagosShia: let me know in which city you are.i would post addresses of Islamic centers i recommend you attend.

lol....do you even know what country I am in?
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by LagosShia: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
logicboy:

lol....do you even know what country I am in?

it is either UK or USA.i think you've hinted before.regardless,there are islamic centers and even Shia ones in almost all countries of the world.
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by logicboy: 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
LagosShia:

it is either UK or USA.i think you've hinted before.regardless,there are islamic centers and even Shia ones in almost all countries of the world.

Does it really matter if I go to a Shia or sunni or wahabi mosque? I have no idea what the differences are.

As for location, UK
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by LagosShia: 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
logicboy:

Does it really matter if I go to a Shia or sunni or wahabi mosque? I have no idea what the differences are.

As for location, UK

no it does not matter because there is nothing like "shia" or "sunni mosque".all mosques belong to Allah.a Sunni can pray in a Shia mosque and a Shia can pray in a Sunni.we thank God for that,even thoug mosques are either built or run by one or the other group.

you do not have to worry yourself about the differences.it is better for you to be a wahhabi (not even a mainstream Sunni) than for you to be atheist.
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by logicboy: 11:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
LagosShia:

no it does not matter because there is nothing like "shia" or "sunni mosque".all mosques belong to Allah.a Sunni can pray in a Shia mosque and a Shia can pray in a Sunni.we thank God for that,even thoug mosques are either built or run by one or the other group.

you do not have to worry yourself about the differences.it is better for you to be a wahhabi (not even a mainstream Sunni) than for you to be atheist.

That's good- you guys arent as divided as the christians
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by LagosShia: 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
logicboy:

That's good- you guys arent as divided as the christians

i am proud to call myself Shia.and i know the differences are there.but those differences should also have their limits.in islam,there are two main branches (divide):Shia and Sunni.
Re: Are Atheists Allowed In Mosques? by ZhulFiqar: 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
this is a message to the moderator (Maclatunji) who is banning Shia members (including my senior brother "LagosShia") on the forum in a bid to silence them.you should know firstly that this forum isn't your father's property.even the owner appreciates the fact that the forum is a public forum.

you are abusing your mandate and portraying yourself as insane.May Allah (swt) hold you accountable for your tyranny online.you should know that we are many and if we wish,we can gather up to 100 members in this forum to make sure nothing but Islam as the Shia follow it in its pure form (not sunnism/wahhabism) prevails.

be mindful of Allah tabaraka.if you refuse to act responsibly,we'd make sure you get fed-up in moderating this forum.we'd turn it into a mess.your planned assault at a specific group of people is disgraceful.

i hope Seun sees this or if things do not change i'd make sure the nonsense prevailing here gets to his knowledge.i wonder what type of moderator take sides.

(1) (Reply)

Naming A New Born Baby-mus'ab / Is Sufi Chanting Part Of Islam? / What Do You Think About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.