Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria (17836 Views)

I Need Suggestions In Holiday Resorts In Western Part Of Nigeria / Suggestions Of Affordable Beach Resorts In Cotonou Benin / Beach Resorts In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
The aim of this thread is to offer information on the best holiday getaways in the country. I believe this is essential because its cheaper and its something you could do on a weekend as against traveling to UK or US for the weekend tongue

So I'll start by giving me review on Micom golf resort:

Its a nice place set in Ada in Osun state with a large golf course.
Price: 4th cadre of room went for 9k plus when I was there
Rooms: Very ok, though not ver very tech.
Light: Steady; Gen comes on when Nepa strikes
Gym : Not spectacular at the time
outdoor: Golf course very nice, a calm place to admire nature
Price of food : Affordable breakfast was like 750 and above Lunch and dinner 1200 and above
Other attractions: Pool, lawn tennis court, internet was formula-1 speed grin, I must add, try and visit the nearby fish peppersoup place, oh my!!! you'll thank me afterwards.

Overall: Its a very good place, was impressed with the management of the place and quite affordable. see website: [url]http://www.miccomgolfhotels.com/miccom%20HTML/home.html[/url]

I could have reviewed Yankari but My visit was aborted by the post election crises of 2011 during my service year grin. I heard its also nice.

Kindly offer places you've visited and reviews

2 Likes

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
A pic of the golf course

2 Likes

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by goke4all(m): 7:37am On Jun 03, 2012
How come there website is not attractive, no even contact details
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
goke4all: How come there website is not attractive, no even contact details

Their contact details are there o, you didnt see it on the contact us page? Infact that was what i used to arrange my visit. I find their site attractive o, u could visit the flash site and click on the different areas highlighted in the picture. just check the site www.miccomgolfhotels.com
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
I think Calabar is the best place to visit in Nigeria...

They need to upgrade the airport in Calabar to an international airport, so people can travel directly there without going through Lagos... I don't think I want to travel on any Nigerian local plane, nor drive through the rubbish roads.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by kaiter: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
Very nice![img]http://www.hbing.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Gwazah(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
H B C RESORT in jos, first their weather is intercontinental, oo.. I mis dat place search 4 it on google i can't explain hw suitable dat place is. Yankari reserve is most entertaining shall.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Dyt(f): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
interestin
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by inspirenet: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
shymmex: I think Calabar is the best place to visit in Nigeria...

They need to upgrade the airport in Calabar to an international airport, so people can travel directly there without going through Lagos... I don't think I want to travel on any Nigerian local plane, nor drive through the rubbish roads.. undecided
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
Would be nice if you could post picture you took yourself, not of people o

But interesting and affordable though, would be ideal for a long weekend

How about getting there?

Customer Service?
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
Obudu ranch is where i will like to visit
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
Piyke: A pic of the golf course

Nice, One day might be home to the US Open Championship, the first out of US for the US Championship . . . tongue
But promise to be there with Oga Madam to shoot some round of golf
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by andyzoga: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
Piyke: The aim of this thread is to offer information on the best holiday getaways in the country. I believe this is essential because its cheaper and its something you could do on a weekend as against traveling to UK or US for the weekend tongue

So I'll start by giving me review on Micom golf resort:

Its a nice place set in Ada in Osun state with a large golf course.
Price: 4th cadre of room went for 9k plus when I was there
Rooms: Very ok, though not ver very tech.
Light: Steady; Gen comes on when Nepa strikes
Gym : Not spectacular at the time
outdoor: Golf course very nice, a calm place to admire nature
Price of food : Affordable breakfast was like 750 and above Lunch and dinner 1200 and above
Other attractions: Pool, lawn tennis court, internet was formula-1 speed grin, I must add, try and visit the nearby fish peppersoup place, oh my!!! you'll thank me afterwards.

Overall: Its a very good place, was impressed with the management of the place and quite affordable. see website: [url]http://www.miccomgolfhotels.com/miccom%20HTML/home.html[/url]

I could have reviewed Yankari but My visit was aborted by the post election crises of 2011 during my service year grin. I heard its also nice.

Kindly offer places you've visited and reviews
Nice one bro. Looking forward to seeing that of Yankari.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by ndala(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
Yankari games reserve is the best try and feel a taste of it by visiting it
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
Did someone mention Jos? Infact you have killed my spirit about trying the osun or calabar one. Why not recommend boko haram resort. Or maybe their head quarters inside a forest.

3 Likes

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
ndala: Yankari games reserve is the best try and feel a taste of it by visiting it

Show us some pix from there . . . just like the OP show pix and give us information, give us same and we will be able to vote for the best
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
The people i know that have gone to yankari said its quite nice, its just the boko haram thing if not I would certainly have planned a visit.

@disguy, About pics of miccom, unfortunately I took mostly personal pics and not background pics tongue, But customer service is excellent. In terms of getting there it took about 2.30-3hrs from lagos, Got to the airport from Enugu and Airport taxi was quoting 28k angry So we just picked one to Ojota as a sharp guy cool and paid 8k to get there cheesy.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
Piyke: The people i know that have gone to yankari said its quite nice, its just the boko haram thing if not I would certainly have planned a visit.

@disguy, About pics of miccom, unfortunately I took mostly personal pics and not background pics tongue, But customer service is excellent.

So you going by they say . . . We will wait till we have pix to show for your statement . . . But this is a great thread that will be informative to some of us . . .
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by amosy007: 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
MY BED still remain the best
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by amosy007: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
Or maiduguri beside boko haram camp

1 Like

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
amosy007: MY BED still remain the best
amosy007: Or maiduguri beside boko haram camp

Lol

1 Like

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Piyke: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
Fhemmmy:

So you going by they say . . . We will wait till we have pix to show for your statement . . . But this is a great thread that will be informative to some of us . . .

Indeed won't just go by hearsay, I'm just hoping someone who has been there would give us a detailed account. You needed to see the preparations we made for yankari during my NYSC only for post-election violence to start on the weekend we planned angry
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by awumen: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2012
i like dis place,will like to visit.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Quazosky(m): 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hello guys,
I have been to the Miccom golf course for a week getaway back in 2007, it was a nice place to be. Very friendly atmosphere.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by dvonne(f): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
Whispering palms...
Purpose: Romantic getaway

Fact
Was there in 2008
Paid 10k per room
Stayed 5 days ( no discount though sad )
Quite secure (gated and security staff)

Plus+
Serene and tranquil
Beautiful surroundings
Great for unwinding.
Friendly staff
Coconut juice/ water
By the river
Food was inexpensive
Spacious room
Nice pepper soup joint not too far: very cold beer ( named London something)
Windows were properly netted

Minus
Room: were not well maintained and quite tired
No night life ( was what we wanted though)
Noisy Air conditioner
2 star hotel
Don't bother with TV

Verdict
I love whispering palms as my dad always took us there when I was younger, however it looked like we travelled through a time machine to the 90's and needs to be brought into the millennium.

Value for money
Yes we got value for money as a great venue for relaxing, putting a spark back in, friendly staff, not a care in the world kinda thing.

Will I go back there
Yes I definitely will. ( but will prefer it gets a lick of paint ..simple interior decorating)
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Dejiro(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
while all these Nigerian resorts are not bad, at least at our level, see what they are doing elsewhere
http://www.ohnigeria.com/2012/06/meanwhile-in-singapore.html?spref=fb
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by queensmith: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
I will really like to know if there are nice places to stay in Ekiti (far fetched i know :p), I don't know how 'tourist friend;y' ikogosi is.
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
dvonne: Whispering palms...
Purpose: Romantic getaway

Fact
Was there in 2008
Paid 10k per room
Stayed 5 days ( no discount though sad )
Quite secure (gated and security staff)

Food was inexpensive
Spacious room
Nice pepper soup joint not too far: very cold beer ( named London something)

Minus
Room: were not well maintained and quite tired
No night life ( was what we wanted though)
Noisy Air conditioner
2 star hotel
Don't bother with TV

Inexpensive food will be subjective to who is paying . . Give us an idea of the cost of buying food and we will determine if expensive or not, will be nice to see some pix of the place as well . . . and how do u sleep at night with noisy AC
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by ladi02(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
Nigeria is coming up, some resorts can actually be booked online.

http://nitestay.com/resorts.php
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Dextra(f): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
Information provided on this topic will be very helpful to me. A foreign friend of mine have been asking me the same question. He wants to know where he can spend his one week vac in Nigeria. His company gives the staff one week all expense paid holiday within either Nigeria, Ghana, Benin rep and Senegal. He said he will like to spend his vac here in Nigeria and needs my help to plan it. Please, more suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2012
Dextra: Information provided on this topic will be very helpful to me. A foreign friend of mine have been asking me the same question. He wants to know where he can spend his one week vac in Nigeria. His company gives the staff one week all expense paid holiday within either Nigeria, Ghana, Benin rep and Senegal. He said he will like to spend his vac here in Nigeria and needs my help to plan it. Please, more suggestions.

It is a great thread and i am learning too . .
Re: Best Holiday Resorts In Nigeria by jameau(m): 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
Went to Obudu Cattle ranch last year wih my babe and the experience was heavenly. You just need to experience the cable car and the water park. I will try to get some pics we took then posted. spent about three days there with a budget of about N150k for two. We went by air from Lagos to Enugun and then by road to Obudu. Thats the not too good part, cos the journey by road could take as much as 6hrs. But its a great place to relax and enjoy the sheer beauty of nature.Looking forward to going to one of these north african countries next, Egypt, Tunisia or Morocco.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo / South Africa Visa Application Delay / "Trafficking Is Worst Than Corruption"; 138 Nigerians Deported From Libya.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.