Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food (2193 Views)

Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs At The State House (Photos) / Buhari Receives Dein Of Agbor Kingdom In State House Today (Photos) / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2007
Re: State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food by IykeD1(m): 12:07am On Dec 05, 2007
I see the point but obviously, this practice does not equate to reversing a monetization policy. If anything at
all, the monetization policy that was implemented even in OBJ's time did not include this cadre of employees at
least with respect to feeding them while on the job. You can't monetize everything in government, otherwise,
you might as well pay the military to cater for their individual meals when they are deployed to the front lines.
I still believe that spending $500,000 a year to feed Aso Rock staffers the bulk of which I assume are security
personnel is not outrageous or excessive - that is $500,000 vs about $8million for cars. Having said that, I do
respect your views.
Re: State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food by davidif: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2007
This guys should feed themselves, don't they get paid huge salaries? can't they just make sandwiches and take to work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kleptocracy: The Real Form Of Government In Nigeria / Soludo Enjoying His Loot! / What Next For Fashola After 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.