Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Next For Fashola After 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Next For Fashola After 2015? (2192 Views)

‎​What Happens To Fashola After May 29 / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
Let me start by clarifying that I have nothing against governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN). Obviously, he is one lucky governor as he enjoys lots of media (solicited and unsolicited) publicity by default because most of the main media organisations are located in Lagos. It is a well known fact that under this democratic dispensation, one can attack the federal govt and nothing will happen but any person, group of persons or organisation that attacks a state governor should be ready for a show down. The issue of whether governor Fashola has performed or not is an issue for another thread.

The current governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) is expected to complete his second term in office in 2015. The purpose of this thread is
to explore the possible political future of Fashola beyond 2015.

On this forum, countless threads have been created by persons promoting fantasies such as Fashola for president in 2015. Others are promoting Fashola for vice president in 2015. I admit it is well within the right of these persons to promote or propagate whatever they wish, but are these campaigns realistic or are the persons behind them merely building castles in the air? These are some of the questions this thread will attempt to tackle.

Lets look at the possibilities for Fashola post-2015 one after the other:

1) Continuing as governor of Lagos state: absolutely no chance because he'll be constitutionally barred from re-contesting, having completed his second term.

2) President Elect in 2015: In my opinion, the chances of Fashola picking the ticket for presidency on the platform of APC or ACN is ZERO. From all indications, the presidential slot of the APC has been zoned to the north.
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/4823-apc-leaders-meet-over-unresolved-issues-%E2%80%A2how-new-party-will-succeed-oshiomhole

3) Vice-president Elect in 2015: it is expected that since the CPC/ANPP component of APC will produce the presidential candidate for APC, the ACN component of APC will produce the vice-presidential candidate for APC. Any chance that Tinubu will nominate Fashola for vice-president? Absolutely, no chance in my opinion. It is a well known fact that Tinubu has some political scores to settle with Fashola. Unfortunately, political sins are not easily forgiven in Nigerian.
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/tinubu-fashola-clash-birthday-colloquium-premium-times

Also, there are speculations that Tinubu himself is interested in picking the vice-presidential ticket of APC.

4) Senator of the federal republic in 2015 : what is the possibility of Fashola picking the APC senatorial ticket for Lagos Central Senatorial District, ahead of Senator Oluremi Tinubu (Bola Tinubu's wife), who is from the same senatorial district as Fashola and currently in the senate? Absolutely No chance!

In conclusion, it is obvious from the analysis above that Fashola has no political future in ACN/APC beyond 2015. It would appear that after leaving office in 2015, Fashola would be left with no other option but to face a private life, and most likely pick up the wig and gown once again and go back to the legal profession. If need be some of us will be glad to hire him to argue our case.

Nonetheless, children are free to continue with their Fashola for president/vice president fantasies on NL.

1 Like

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by alkadriyar(m): 10:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
@ OP, why Fashola? Why not talk about uncle Jona? Because am very sure Jonathan shall not just leave Aso-Rock by 2015, but the entire PDP.

1 Like

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
Dr Ifeanyi, What is your obsession with Fashola?? Why always him?? You don't stay in Lagos so why do u always bother about him?? Is it a curse?? Or an attraction?? Or he gives you a hard-on?? Pls, answer.

1 Like

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
Viewing this topic: ba7man(m), Sincere 9gerian, lanresz(m), edoyad(m)......Still waiting for a reply.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
What's your obsession with him. We Lagosians know he's not perfect but he's the best Governor in Nigeria. Why do you deny this?? Do you enjoy wallowing in mediocrity?? A couple of patched highway roads, Airport refurbishments and refurbished railway lines.... Is that all you think you deserve in a Nation as blessed as ours??

5 Likes

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
I decided to keep an open mind on your pictorial thread dedicated to GEJ's Administration and what do we get?? Weak, uncompleted looking projects...very uninspiring works. Did you expect to get Nigerians excited with those few projects?? We know GEJ has some good intentions but he's not inspiring. If its someone like GEJ that gets your juices running.....man, I'm sorry to say this but you lack exposure.

4 Likes

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
ba7man: What's your obsession with him. We Lagosians know he's not perfect but he's the best Governor in Nigeria. Why do you deny this?? Do you enjoy wallowing in mediocrity?? A couple of patched highway roads, Airport refurbishments and refurbished railway lines.... Is that all you think you deserve in a Nation as blessed as ours??
Sorry, this thread is not about performance of federal or state govt. Read the topic again.

For your information, i hav nothing against Fashola as a person
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
With the bad state of all the Fedral Roads in Lagos....Oshodi-Apapa, Badagry (Its even the Lagos State Govt that's fixing that one up for him), The Lagos state Govt also helped FG fix Ikorodu rd, Abeokuta express rd. All the Fedral roads in Lagos state are a mess and you still have the guts to come and start singing his praises in our ears?? Asking for Fashola's acheivements?? Do you live under a rock?? Are you blind??

1 Like

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Sorry, this thread is not about performance of federal or state govt. Read the topic again.

For your information, i hav nothing against Fashola as a person
You opened this thread to gloat over the future of Fashola's political ambitions. My outburst is as a result of past threads you've started to discredit him. To have a feel of LASG, all i need do is walk out of my house to see the signs they've put to indicate street names(very minor but its 30secs from me). To have a feel of GEJ's administration, just put out the generator and there's no light, I'm buying fuel 2morrow for my car and the price got increased under his watch, and the freaking FG roads I'll have to drive on!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
ba7man: With the bad state of all the Fedral Roads in Lagos....Oshodi-Apapa, Badagry (Its even the Lagos State Govt that's fixing that one up for him), The Lagos state Govt also helped FG fix Ikorodu rd, Abeokuta express rd. All the Fedral roads in Lagos state are a mess and you still have the guts to come and start singing his praises in our ears?? Asking for Fashola's acheivements?? Do you live under a rock?? Are you blind??
Why are you so agitated tonight? Calm down and stay on the topic. If you'r excited about some other issues, kindly open another thread
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by ba7man(m): 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
@ Sincere Nigerian. Look at the kind of people you attract....People like @ Oily Yoruba. You deserve to attract better people.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
ba7man: @ Sincere Nigerian. Look at the kind of people you attract....People like @ Oily Yoruba. You deserve to attract better people.
There is freedom of expression but when its carried too far, the moderators should do their job. Thats why they'r called moderators
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Pygru: 12:17am On Feb 20, 2013
Suggestion
NURTW chairman. undecided
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Afam4eva(m): 12:22am On Feb 20, 2013
Fashola's best bet will be to go to the senate. I just hope he's not from Erelu's constituency. Fashola's chances of being presented as a president or vice-presidential candiate is zero because APC will most likely present a northern candidate and a southern vice. I'm not sure if they'll go for a Yoruba vice but even if they do, Fashola is out because the he's a moslem and the candiate from the north is most likely gonna be a muslim too.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Adejoro74: 4:48am On Feb 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Fashola's best bet will be to go to the senate. I just hope he's not from Erelu's constituency. Fashola's chances of being presented as a president or vice-presidential candiate is zero because APC will most likely present a northern candidate and a southern vice. I'm not sure if they'll go for a Yoruba vice but even if they do, Fashola is out because the he's a moslem and the candiate from the north is most likely gonna be a muslim too.

Dont bet on luck. Fasola can easily convert to Christianity to be able to satisfy his selfish aim. After all Yoruba Muslims are considered flimsy and fake by their Northern counterparts.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Fashola's best bet will be to go to the senate. I just hope he's not from Erelu's constituency. Fashola's chances of being presented as a president or vice-presidential candiate is zero because APC will most likely present a northern candidate and a southern vice. I'm not sure if they'll go for a Yoruba vice but even if they do, Fashola is out because the he's a moslem and the candiate from the north is most likely gonna be a muslim too.
But I confirmed in my post that Fashola is from the same senatorial district as Tinubu's wife. So what are you hoping for? Stop hoping and face FACT!
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 20, 2013
oily_ngbati: so shall it be till the end of time... Amen grin

Like, seriously, are you dying for my attention so bad?

When you log off, take a good look at your life, and ask urself if youre happy in the direction its going.

I already seen your old posts so I think I know the answer to that already.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by teskyg: 6:42am On Feb 20, 2013
Kirikiri Maximum Prison.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by princenonny(m): 6:52am On Feb 20, 2013
alkadriyar: @ OP, why Fashola? Why not talk about uncle Jona? Because am very sure Jonathan shall not just leave Aso-Rock by 2015, but the entire PDP.
anoda NL guy living clearly in a fantasy world. GEJ is goin nowhere in 2015.
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by EkoAtlantic: 7:43am On Feb 20, 2013
It's obvious that fashola's distinctiveness is making the PDP goons so curious about his next political ambition. I think their focus should be on what's next for their best governor(whoever it is) and not Nigeria's best who happened to be from the opposition.
FYI, this can't be said of die hard A.C.N supporters since they've gotten no obsession or seen any comparable candidate to challenge their bests

This post is not for comparism(it's obvious who the best is) but to caution intruders to mind their business.

Same with their boss beaf https://www.nairaland.com/643980/fashola-join-pdp-he-overthrow

Their envies and obsessions are just too obvious. cheesy
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by truth4meal(m): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere Nigeria what is next for you after 2015? Because by then your boss @GEJ will no more be in power - same as PDP.

Permutations

Since you are anon - you might blend into the new reality; close this your account then go enjoy or the salary you got from you ill assignment of misleading Nigerians. You might start an online publicity coy and maybe get a house in abuja - then karma sets in and all your disservice to ur motherland become to haunt,hurt ur aspirations - myriad case of character murders will now with d help of karma become of u too. And every of ur desire to grow will be interpreted to mean u are desperate. Then u will be short-changed or rigged out of ur desires - wow! 2015 is coming soon

Whateva become of Fashola politically after 2015 his achievement will foreva resound in the history book of good governance.

3 Likes

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Gbawe: 8:39am On Feb 20, 2013
Why are you guys entertaining insincere9gerian and the bigots he has attracted to this thread? Insincere9gerian is no bigot in my opinion but he is a personality-focused mischief-maker who deliberately ignores the obvious to initiate deviousness that unthinking bigots and cretins will gobble up.

I would like to ask him to tell us what became of Ghana's former President Kufour after he left office. We may be too biased and sentimental in Nigeria to the extent we fight each other to a standstill but a rationale and balanced world still exists outside our nation appreciative and supportive of solutions providers. It will make ample space for Fashola even if he falls victim to the maxim "a prophet is not accepted in his home town". Fashola has never come across as a desperate or "do-or-die" politician. The man knows his own worth and would probably be just as happy assisting South Tome, Ghana, Burkina Faso or the UN , in advisory roles, amongst the many Nations and organisations that would be falling over themselves for his service.

I would advise the myopic OP to quit worrying about Fashola, whose future is secure whatever happens, and start thinking of how he can better himself and improve his own prospect beyond GEJ's 2015 departure.

4 Likes

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2013
Gbawe: Why are you guys entertaining insincere9gerian and the bigots he has attracted to this thread? Insincere9gerian is no bigot in my opinion but he is a personality-focused mischief-maker who deliberately ignores the obvious to initiate deviousness that unthinking bigots and cretins will gobble up.

I would like to ask him to tell us what became of Ghana's former President Kufour after he left office. We may be too biased and sentimental in Nigeria to the extent we fight each other to a standstill but a rationale and balanced world still exists outside our nation appreciative and supportive of solutions providers. It will make ample space for Fashola even if he falls victim to the maxim "a prophet is not accepted in his home town". Fashola has never come across as a desperate or "do-or-die" politician. The man knows his own worth and would probably be just as happy assisting South Tome, Ghana, Burkina Faso or the UN , in advisory roles, amongst the many Nations and organisations that would be falling over themselves for his service.

I would advise the myopic OP to quit worrying about Fashola, whose future is secure whatever happens, and start thinking of how he can better himself and improve his own prospect beyond GEJ's 2015 departure.

Yes ooo! Fashola, post-2015, may go help Ghana fix their dilapidated railways, which is a headache for the recently elected president of Ghana
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=253749
Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 20, 2013
If fashola does not continue his political ambition kini big deal? how many ex governors of Lagos both military and civilian went further apart from Olagunsoye Oyinlola who is already in a deep shiit? Lateef Jakande who is well known for his free education and housing scheme is still enjoying his retirement age. whether Fashola goes further or retires from politics, his name is already written in gold.

2 Likes

Re: What Next For Fashola After 2015? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 20, 2013
Are president, VP, governor or senator the only political positions that make one relevant?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gov Lamido, i remain In PDP No Matter The Challenges / The Politics Of Cannibalism In Africa / Without My Approval Emir Sanusi Could Not Have Reconciled With GEJ - Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.