Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed (3220 Views)

Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos) / Photo: Collapsed Bridge In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Mamajama(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2007
This is the 3rd bridge that has collapsed in no time, this contractors should be compelled to explain why all the bridges are collapsing.

The multi-billion Naira Itigidi-Ediba bridge, in Abi Local Government area of Cross River State, commissioned last May by the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has collapsed.

The bridge was constructed by an Italian firm, Gitto Group, at the whopping cost of N7billion to link Cross River, Ebonyi and Enugu states.

Contract for the construction of the bridge was first awarded in the early 60’s by the defunct Eastern Nigeria government, but the effort was scuttled by the Nigerian civil war. The Obasanjo administration re-awarded the contract to the Italian firm in 2002, while work started in 2003.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/citysun/2007/nov/21/citysun-21-11-2007-001.htm
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2007
I know why the bridge came down. Mami wata wey dey live for the river vex take break the bridge. http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Mammy+Water

LMAO!!!
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Mamajama(m): 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2007
This man don go open encyclopedia for mami wata lol
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by evergie(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2007
Mamajama:

This man don go open encyclopedia for mami wata lol
lol, Naija! nothing we no fit do. But that link pass d guy concept sha.

1 Like

Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by almondjoy(f): 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2007
Why won't it collapse?---Do we get anything right?  Only to make so so noise!  Please deal with it!  Another person will get the new contract! Please keep inhaling the putrid "sweet wind" and I hope you guys do not come down with a paralytic illieus due to absence of "flatulence"!

Useless country!
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
It's almost as if Nigeria is plagued with these sort of things lately. Only a couple of weeks ago, some state house in Benin collapses, after millions have been sunk into building it. Na wa oo!!!!! LMAO!!!! I go dey fear if I dey enter any government building or even cross any bridge for that place now. O ga ooo,   grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy This country issues don tire me. I do hope no one was killed by the collapse?? Chai , walahi!!!
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Mamajama(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2007
This is totally unacceptable the contracting company should be held accountable and even prosecuted in this case. Such act does not happen in a civilized society without sanctions and prosecution.

Where they cutting corners in completing the bridge? what led to the collapse. we want answer and we need it now. that will send a clear message to other contractors.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Ralvy(m): 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2007
Sick undecided
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by ghettochyk(f): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2007
Good thing nobody got hurt though.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by SweetT1: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2007
@Poster

Was Obasanjo and babangida on it when it collapsed ?? Awon Omo ale (Bastards).
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by SweetT1: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2007
@Gettochyk

Where did you get that artwork? It's so inspiring. Makes me want to give my girl the whole world ! The brother also kind of look like me.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by zubbiedan(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2007
almondjoy:

Why won't it collapse?---Do we get anything right? Only to make so so noise! Please deal with it! Another person will get the new contract! Please keep inhaling the putrid "sweet wind" and I hope you guys do not come down with a paralytic illieus due to absence of "flatulence"!

Useless country!
Am quite sure you are not a naija person cos if you are you wont be calling your father's land a useless country.and if you be oyinbo i sure say don dey lobby for that contract.
And pls stop using big grammer to abuse us,cos we self go school
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by LoveKing(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I know why the bridge came down. Mami wata wey dey live for the river vex take break the bridge. http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Mammy+Water

LMAO!!!

if it be true oh[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by ptaller(m): 3:33am On Nov 22, 2007
almondjoy:

Why won't it collapse?---Do we get anything right?  Only to make so so noise!  Please deal with it!  Another person will get the new contract! Please keep inhaling the putrid "sweet wind" and I hope you guys do not come down with a paralytic illieus due to absence of "flatulence"!

Useless country!

@almondjoy, Please go to your country's forum where everything about it is right, mind you it's not right to say shit about other people's country thats if you are not a Nigerian' but if you are; my dear u deh take left hand show the direction to show great! greatest Grand fathers house, that one pass me, hope you know wetin he mean, shei I no go talk am oooo, My people go understand because Emi oni fi owo osi juwe ile baba mi. I am not a bastard, For whatever happens to the country, it still remains our fatherland,  Thank God nobody died.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 22, 2007
I think before people cross brdges in Nigeria,they ought to eat their last supper and kiss their loved oned goodbye because they may just be crossing over to the other side cheesy
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 22, 2007
I hope the Italian firm is held accountable.
Real bridges don't collapse in a couple of years with almost no traffic compared to want obtains in the West.
whoever did the inspections and signed the dotted line out to be seriously questioned.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by almondjoy(f): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2007
zubbiedan:

Am quite sure you are not a naija person because if you are you wont be calling your father's land a useless country.and if you be oyinbo i sure say don dey lobby for that contract.
And please stop using big grammer to abuse us,because we self go school

ptaller:

@almondjoy, Please go to your country's forum where everything about it is right, mind you it's not right to say shit about other people's country thats if you are not a Nigerian' but if you are; my dear u deh take left hand show the direction to show great! greatest Grand fathers house, that one pass me, hope you know wetin he mean, shei I no go talk am oooo, My people go understand because[b] Emi oni fi owo osi juwe ile baba mi.[/b] I am not a bastard, For whatever happens to the country, it still remains our fatherland,  Thank God nobody died.

Na my bodi una dey get power! grin

Common go learn how to build your freaking bridges right! cheesy Yet you want to build Igbo-made jeeps and tiv-made helicopters!
419 people!

Yes!  Thank God nobody died oh! Like most of you do not have relatives who "ate" the contract money? tongue

Like people have not died enough in Nigeria for the past 47 years from cutting corners and awarding fraudulent contracts all over Nigeria.  Is it not my country too?  You call it what you want and I will call it what I want--simple.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by PapaBrowne(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2007
I read yesterday on Vanguard that this story is false and that the bridge did not collapse.
The construction company, Gitto seems to be intent on suing the media houses publishing the story.
Their lawyers claim there is no iota of truth to the story.
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by LoveKing(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2007
PapaBrowne:

I read yesterday on Vanguard that this story is false and that the bridge did not collapse.
The construction company, Gitto seems to be intent on suing the media houses publishing the story.
Their lawyers claim there is no iota of truth to the story.

after dem don make us waste our spit?
Re: The Multi-billion Naira Itigidi-ediba Bridge Collapsed by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 23, 2007
we need proof
someone is obviously lying.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Border Force- Who Watches This Progamme / A Nigerian Teen Stabbed To Death By Racist Adults In Dublin / The Only 7 Star Hotel In The World-the Best Place To Go Tourism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.